What vitamins/supplements do you guys take? Or recommend? *SORRY FOR MULTIPLE POSTS IT WAS AN ACCIDENT - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

What vitamins/supplements do you guys take? Or recommend? *SORRY FOR MULTIPLE POSTS IT WAS AN ACCIDENT

Vitamins supplements potassium protein vegetarian bone health heart health

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_LyricsoftheRain_*

Guest_LyricsoftheRain_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:15 AM

So when restricting you are likely missing out on key vitamins from foods you’re not consuming. So can you please advice me on what i should be taking? Like is there a vitamin that includes potassium magnesium calcium and other food stuff? Lol i know those are important. Also how do you get protein in in low calorie ways? I have a powder that’s 100 Ca’s a scoop and a scoop is about 4 tbsp’s so i usually do 1/2 a scoop with a cup of almond milk and ice and blend it up but that gets boring/ tastes gross after a while. ALSO are there supplements for heart health? I know that’s a big thing that’s affected in unhealthy weight loss.

Basically just let me know good vitamins to take or the things you take or the stuff you think anorexics should take. I was hospitalized at such a dumb BMI (16) and I betting largely due to me not taking vitamins. So this go around i want to avoid that.

#2 BitchJuice

BitchJuice

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationРоссия

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:34 PM

1.deffo start having the occasional electrolyte drink. however, notice how i said "occasional"!  the last thing you want is refeeding syndrome . i go to the gym every other day so i take the drink every other day. if you're restricting a lot there is a good chance your electrolytes are fucked, and thats what leads to heart/brain problems (just search for one on amazon.) you can also search for a women or mens multivitamin on amazon. make sure you get one for your gender so you have one that is specifically designed to have more of what you NEED. (I use centrum for women - it has more magnesium, potassium, calcium and biotin)

2.i only have protein shakes when i just don't feel like trying to eat my protein. i eat a LOT of lean meat because protein is a big deal to me. i love chicken breast and shrimp 

3. As far as supplements for heart health.... you don't really need one. just have lots of good fat and take your multivitamin. you dont need much more. 

be safe

"all i've had today, is like, six gummy bears and some scotch"

9X4Im5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vitamins, supplements, potassium, protein, vegetarian, bone health, heart health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users