Appetite Suppressants - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Appetite Suppressants

Cravings Weight loss Supplements Low calorie Diet Soda Hungry Cigarettes Smoking Gum

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DarkRedMoon

DarkRedMoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMy head

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

Whenever I feel the need to eat, I drink at least half a can of diet pepsi cherry flavoured soda, I like this because the whole can only has 1 calorie! I do this to fill me up and enjoy the sweet taste. If that did not work I would have a smoke or chew some extra strawberry sugar free gum which has hardly any calories, I chew literally every piece of gum in the packet depending on how hungry I am.

#2 lenarexic

lenarexic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:05 PM

brush your teeth! diet coke also duh. any type of caffeine. drinking hot tea on an empty stomach makes me feel kinda sick and not hungry but thats just me.

xx lena

• Choco_Bitch_612 and MaceyLaLa like this

5'     bmi: 21.9

hw: 119

cw:110.8

gw1: 105

gw2: 100

gw3: 95

ugw: 85 (bmi 16.6)

​accountabil and tea (accountability): http://www.myproana....ntabil-and-tea/

#3 happinessisnowhere

happinessisnowhere

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

I love diet coke. I could drink it by the gallon.  Sometimes when I'm feeling a binge coming on, I'll drive to my local McDonalds to get away from the food in my house and I get a large diet Coke and then I drive my car to the local docks and just sit there and drink the diet coke and watch the water.

• akita-kita, Becca96, rabbithole_ and 1 other like this

#4 thintechGodhead

thintechGodhead

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts
  • LocationDenton, Texas

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

try an EC stack if bronk-aid is legal where you live, it's honestly fantastic.

• seaborn likes this

#5 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

There is a New Deputy Sheriff in Town

• Super Moderators
  • 12850 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

I love diet coke. I could drink it by the gallon. Sometimes when I'm feeling a binge coming on, I'll drive to my local McDonalds to get away from the food in my house and I get a large diet Coke and then I drive my car to the local docks and just sit there and drink the diet coke and watch the water.

My ED psych (probably shouldn't have) told me the other day that they had a guy come to the ED clinic and do a presentation on a study he'd done on the effects of diet coke on a starving brain.

Apparently the synapses shorten during starvation and theres something in diet coke that stimulates the synapses and is good for the brain.

Bear with me I'm knackered and haven't eaten so I may be remembering wrong. She said it much more sciency than I've just stated.

Basically... Diet coke is good if you don't eat.

She summed it up with saying she thinks we all knew that anyway and that's why we're obsessed with it.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
  • Only_a_Memory, Anamia., umaruu and 3 others like this

#6 Only_a_Memory

Only_a_Memory

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

try an EC stack if bronk-aid is legal where you live, it's honestly fantastic.

Nice lol I was going to suggest that  :wub:

IG: snackcakes89

in recovery :)

#7 Guest_MK____*

Guest_MK____*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

DIET COKE is the best appetite suppressant ive come across... last week i bought the XLS appetite suppressant called buddy and turns out it was a waste if money, so diet coke all the way...

#8 AcetylCoA

AcetylCoA

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts
  • LocationBetween the click of the light and the start of the dream

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Sudafed is fucking bae. Make sure you get the pharmacy behind the counter version with pseudoephedrine in it (obviously don't ask the pharmacist for it in those words) and drink it with a monster energy or black coffee. It's amazing. Even better, it helps you get up and do stuff like study, tidy etc, as well as suppressing your appetite. If it makes you feel shitty and anxious then take it with an aspirin tablet.

But please, please, PLEASE make sure you know what else is in it, and don't exceed the recommended dose for a day. A lot of the products contain paracetamol and ibuprofen which aren't fun to overdose on. It's probably safe to take an extra tablet at a time, but don't exceed the daily dose, and detox from it every few days. Stimulants, even non-prescription ones, are nothing to fuck around with. Also never, and I mean never, use 'ephedrA' That's the shit that killed the girl who was in the UK headlines a few years back. It literally burns your organs up from the inside out, to put it simply.

If you can get something with ephedrine in it, which is only possible in the states AFAIK, it's called bronkaid or something, then that's even better.

And diet soda obs. A staple of any anorexic's diet.

• rayabean, Choco_Bitch_612, ivorypeacocks and 1 other like this

"I'm drunk, I'm drunk, and you're probably on pills

If we both have the same diseases, it's irrelevant girl"

#9 rayabean

rayabean

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

Sudafed is fucking bae. Make sure you get the pharmacy behind the counter version with pseudoephedrine in it (obviously don't ask the pharmacist for it in those words) and drink it with a monster energy or black coffee. It's amazing. Even better, it helps you get up and do stuff like study, tidy etc, as well as suppressing your appetite. If it makes you feel shitty and anxious then take it with an aspirin tablet.

But please, please, PLEASE make sure you know what else is in it, and don't exceed the recommended dose for a day. A lot of the products contain paracetamol and ibuprofen which aren't fun to overdose on. It's probably safe to take an extra tablet at a time, but don't exceed the daily dose, and detox from it every few days. Stimulants, even non-prescription ones, are nothing to fuck around with. Also never, and I mean never, use 'ephedrA' That's the shit that killed the girl who was in the UK headlines a few years back. It literally burns your organs up from the inside out, to put it simply.

If you can get something with ephedrine in it, which is only possible in the states AFAIK, it's called bronkaid or something, then that's even better.

And diet soda obs. A staple of any anorexic's diet.

This ^ also pseudoephedrine or ephedrine withdrawal is a bitch, careful not to use it too frequently.

As for what was said about other active ingredients, it is commonly mixed with paracetamol or CPM or both, so yeah make sure it is the only active ingredient.

Mind you, both ephedrine and pseudoephedrine classify as subamphetamines, which essentially are just like amphetamines πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

H: 5'5 ft

HW: 138

LW: 98

CW: 98

GW1: 110

GW2: 105

GW3: 100

UGW: 90

#10 lilshithead

lilshithead

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4114 posts
  • Locationburning in hell

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

honestly? i use bronkaid and primatene (they both have ephedrine), drink a ton of caffeine, and sometimes use adderall (when i have access) but i never just use adderall to suppress my appetite, i use it to work mostly but it also suppresses appetite - most stimulants will

• MaceyLaLa likes this

5' 5"

hw: 165 BMI 27.5

lw: 88 BMI 14.6

cw: 99 BMI 16.5

RECOVERING + BUILDING MUSCLE

not a girl

My ramblings/food/exercise stuff:

https://www.myproana...ty-with-thinspo

#11 happinessisnowhere

happinessisnowhere

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:46 AM

My ED psych (probably shouldn't have) told me the other day that they had a guy come to the ED clinic and do a presentation on a study he'd done on the effects of diet coke on a starving brain.

Apparently the synapses shorten during starvation and theres something in diet coke that stimulates the synapses and is good for the brain.

Bear with me I'm knackered and haven't eaten so I may be remembering wrong. She said it much more sciency than I've just stated.

She summed it up with saying she thinks we all knew that anyway and that's why we're obsessed with it.

This is amazing. I had no idea. Thats probably why I drink so much of it. I literally have a case in my car, in my bedroom, in the fridge and an extra just in case one of those runs out.  My whole family loves diet coke too, so it doesnt come across as strange that I drink so much, thank god

#12 blackcoffeesitups

blackcoffeesitups

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

Caffeine and misery.
  • Choco_Bitch_612 and ed.ribcage like this

#13 bittersweet-ed

bittersweet-ed

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationUnsure

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:17 AM

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING HAHAHAHAHAAH

"she thinks we all knew that anyway and that's why we're obsessed with it" LMAOOOO

thank you  :D

• Existentialbread likes this

A bulimic wannarexic. Possible ednos? Undiagnosed  Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

162cm ~ hw 56kg ~ lw 42.3kg (BMI 16.1) ~ cw 43kg 

Tumblr: Deleted :`) might make another soon

Instagram: @bittersweet.ed2

#14 Ritalin Regiment

Ritalin Regiment

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:28 PM

Diet coke is great, binge drinking water (you'll bloat, but it'll feel like you ate a whole dinner), cigarettes if you smoke, coffee and caffeine supplements, oversleeping. Also if you have prescribed stimulants (I use my ritalin), those work too.
𝟝'𝟟"
π”Ήπ•¦π•π•šπ•žπ•šπ•”
𝕄π•ͺ 𝕒𝕑𝕑𝕖π•₯π•šπ•₯𝕖 π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•€π•šπ•«π•– 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 π•“π•’π•π•π• π• π•Ÿ, 𝕓𝕦π•₯ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π••π• π•–π•€π•Ÿ'π•₯ 𝕀π•₯𝕠𝕑 π•žπ•–.
𝕀'π•ž π•“π•–π•”π• π•žπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π••π•¦π•žπ•“π•–π•£ π•’π•Ÿπ•• π••π•¦π•žπ•“π•–π•£ π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•žπ• π•£π•– 𝕀 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝 π••π• π•¨π•Ÿ π•₯π•™π•šπ•€ π•£π•’π•“π•“π•šπ•₯𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖.

weight.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cravings, Weight loss, Supplements, Low calorie, Diet, Soda, Hungry, Cigarettes, Smoking, Gum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users