To restrict or to just eat - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

To restrict or to just eat

recovery anorexia binge workouts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 veganleaf

veganleaf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:50 PM

SOOOOO ive been binging sm lately and I gained 2 pounds but im also working out so I feel like im low-key gaining muscle from eating more calories than usual. My point is, ive been eating so many calories lately that idk if I should continue to just keep eating the same but with healthy food ( ive seen youtube videos of those fit people who eat a lot and have amazing bodies and they're toned and they all say it was bc they stopped restricting and ate and shit) also I have a plump ass rn from all the shit ive been eating. but at the same time I want to lose so bad. 

HAS anyone experienced this or has anyone felt like their mind is saying "just eat and you'll get that toned healthy body" or "restrict and you'll lose but you'll also lose your ass "

also need a bit of advice from anyone who has been through this and has recovered or idek honestly 

#thestruggle I just want a fucking popping booty and abs dude...

Height 5'2

HW: 121

SW:116

CW: 112

GW: 105

UGW: 95

ACCOUNTABILITY

giphy.gif40Ux.gif

#2 Guest_SloppyJoel_*

Guest_SloppyJoel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

I feel the same way. I want to be toned and healthy looking, but another side of me wants to restrict and control. I've tried recovery many times and keep changing my mind. It's a tough decision

But it's you who makes the decision. The decisions you make now are how your life will be in the future! Just do what's best for you :-)

#3 zoodlecat

zoodlecat

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationUS & Germany

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:17 AM

High restriction (deficit of 400-600), circuit strength training, HIIT cardio a few times a week, high protein, low carb and low sugar, and overall clean eating I have found the best for me to maintain lean muscle and lose body fat and look lean. Low restriction and running 8+ miles a day led to losing butt and boobs and losing all my muscle definition. Even though I had a low body fat percentage, I was starting to look skinny fat and shapeless. I personally prefer the very lean, slim and toned look. But I know people who prefer otherwise.

Sometimes I throw in days where I restrict more for fat burning and occasional days where I will eat in a slight surplus to boost muscle growth and metabolism.

• taquitoshawty, getsmall and desperatelavender like this

Starting over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, anorexia, binge, workouts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users