Liquid Diets - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Liquid Diets

fast liquidfast diet weightloss 100hrsfast anorexia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_countingshadows_*

Guest_countingshadows_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:40 AM

So I am 18 hrs in a 100-hrs-liquid-fast - not eating, only drinking low cal plant based milk (max. 2l per day) and zero monster / coke. I have consumed 218 kcal by now. Do you think this could work? (In the sense of losing more than with eating the same amount of cals). Has anyone ever tried something like this? 

#2 NLP

NLP

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2627 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:50 AM

I just posted on OneLittleCat XO about a smoothie I make.  It is essentially liquid but it goes VERY thick if you don't drink it immediately.  It's about 100 cals and I can make mine last over three servings 

About 200ml water

Lime juice

Fresh root ginger

Third of a cucumber

Big wedge of lettuce

About 3 sticks of celery

1 tablespoon pysillium husk powder

Blitz everything except the husks - leave those till the cup is full, adding more water as you go.  Then whizz in the husks and drink immediately - it goes thick and ghastly like porridge pretty quickly.

I drink a third and then when I want more I whizz it again to bring it back to liquid.

--------------------------------------------

I drink loads of almond milk too - sometimes when I'm really hungry I'll add some ground almonds or pea protein powder to fill me up a bit.

I've found I get hungry purely on water and herbal tea alone so usually resort to one of these around late afternoon/early evening but find I can manage pretty well on liquid only fasting

x

Functioning dysfunctionally

#3 Guest_countingshadows_*

Guest_countingshadows_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:24 AM

I just posted on OneLittleCat XO about a smoothie I make.  It is essentially liquid but it goes VERY thick if you don't drink it immediately.  It's about 100 cals and I can make mine last over three servings 

About 200ml water

Lime juice

Fresh root ginger

Third of a cucumber

Big wedge of lettuce

About 3 sticks of celery

1 tablespoon pysillium husk powder

Blitz everything except the husks - leave those till the cup is full, adding more water as you go.  Then whizz in the husks and drink immediately - it goes thick and ghastly like porridge pretty quickly.

I drink a third and then when I want more I whizz it again to bring it back to liquid.

--------------------------------------------

I drink loads of almond milk too - sometimes when I'm really hungry I'll add some ground almonds or pea protein powder to fill me up a bit.

I've found I get hungry purely on water and herbal tea alone so usually resort to one of these around late afternoon/early evening but find I can manage pretty well on liquid only fasting

x

I am really not that fond of smoothies. But almond milk is awesome. Do you lose a lot on this? I felt really hungry earlier so I drank my first serving of hazelnut milk (29 kcal per 100 ml) and it filled my up quite satisfactingly.

#4 NLP

NLP

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2627 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:38 AM

Hi there

I'm not keen on smoothies either so I use this one a bit like taking medicine!  Get it down PDQ !!!

Yes I can drops pounds real quickly doing the green smoothie and using almond milk.

Sometimes if I feel cold from not eating I add some (unsweetened !!) cocoa powder and ground ginger to almond milk and heat it to make a kind of hot chocolate drink.  It's satisfying too.

Hey, regarding your original question about eating versus liquid,,,,,, there was a documentary on TV (I'm in the UK btw) and they gave these guys some roast vegetables to eat and monitored how long it took them to get hungry.  The next day they gave them exactly the same food that had been blitzed in a blender and heated and they gave it to them as soup and they stayed satisfied for something like two and a half times longer.

It is something to do with the way our stomachs digest stuff - when it is solid it makes us feel hungry, when it is thick liquid like soup it kinds drips though our stomach in a more low key way hence we don't feel ravenous!

I really took this to heart and in the winter I blend low cal green vegetables, add pepper/paprika etc and heat it up - SOUP!

Hey sorry to have rambled on but I hope it has helped you.  Good luck  xx

• caitlin., SparrowCorinne, Ashley Smith and 1 other like this

#5 caitlin.

caitlin.

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:51 PM

Hi there

I'm not keen on smoothies either so I use this one a bit like taking medicine!  Get it down PDQ !!!

Yes I can drops pounds real quickly doing the green smoothie and using almond milk.

Sometimes if I feel cold from not eating I add some (unsweetened !!) cocoa powder and ground ginger to almond milk and heat it to make a kind of hot chocolate drink.  It's satisfying too.

Hey, regarding your original question about eating versus liquid,,,,,, there was a documentary on TV (I'm in the UK btw) and they gave these guys some roast vegetables to eat and monitored how long it took them to get hungry.  The next day they gave them exactly the same food that had been blitzed in a blender and heated and they gave it to them as soup and they stayed satisfied for something like two and a half times longer.

It is something to do with the way our stomachs digest stuff - when it is solid it makes us feel hungry, when it is thick liquid like soup it kinds drips though our stomach in a more low key way hence we don't feel ravenous!

I really took this to heart and in the winter I blend low cal green vegetables, add pepper/paprika etc and heat it up - SOUP!

Hey sorry to have rambled on but I hope it has helped you.  Good luck  xx

This is so interesting! I think I'm going to have to try this out! 

• NLP likes this

♥︎My life changed forever when I decided not to eat ♥︎

CW: 229 lbs - BMI: 34.9

HW: 235 lbs - BMI: 35.7

LW: 194 lbs - BMI: 29.5

220 / 33.4  -  200 / 30.4  -  180 / 27.4  -  160 / 24.3  -  140 / 21.3  -  120 / 18.2  -  100 / 15.2

#6 NLP

NLP

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2627 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:41 AM

Yeah do, experiment !    You can't live on it forever coz you kind of miss the chewing / texture thing but it's certainly got it's place x

This is so interesting! I think I'm going to have to try this out! 

• caitlin. likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fast, liquidfast, diet, weightloss, 100hrsfast, anorexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users