Help? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Help?

Anorexia Health problems Health Sick Help Nausea Heart palpitations Vomitting Shakiness Symptoms

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Groddyboii

Groddyboii

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:01 AM

So lately i’ve been eating 500 calories, exercising for a couple hours, and i’ve fast 24-40 hours a couple times. Yesterday/ today i’ve fasted for 37 hours, which is usually fine? I’ve gone longer, but this morning I had the WORST pain ever. In short moving hurt, even though I was laying in bed my heart was beating very loudly and fast, incredibly shakey, I was very weak, my body rejected everything I swallowed and I kept vomitting everything I ate involuntarily. I took two small bites of ice cream and I took a bite of toast and vomitted like crazy. I was literally terrified I was going to die? Or my heart was going to give out. This has never happened and i’m not even underweight. My BMI is 19.4, so I guess i’m wondering if this has ever happened to anyone? What exactly happened to me? Should I be concerned?

#2 Signe

Signe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:56 AM

I would be a little concerned. If I was you, I would eat maybe 800 calories a day instead of 500 or stop fasting for so long at a time. I've been eating 800 calories a day for a while and it works really well for me

#3 Guest_free2B_*

Guest_free2B_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

yeah fasting is bad, if u dont eat better u culd die

#4 Fave22

Fave22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:10 AM

i'm sorry to say this but next time that happens maybe go to the hospital. i know that sucks but its better then possibly dying.

hope this never happens again :9

#5 prettyskinny276

prettyskinny276

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

I agree with Ava222. It's shitty but it's better to be alive.
CW - 128
GW1 - 120
GW2 - 115
UGW - 110
"Life is tough, darling, but so are you."
- Stephanie Bennet

#6 CassieEmilee95

CassieEmilee95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:00 AM

This exact thing happend to me last week and I had to be rushed to hospital after 2 days of feeling like that. I had restricted for long periods of time and my body did not thank me for it at all.

~we are all mad here~

#7 I'm nobody just laura

I'm nobody just laura

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:18 PM

The exact same thing happened to me last year after I tried fasting for 36 hours the day before. I had to end up going to the hospital and could have died because my glucose levels were dangerously low....

#8 Ominous Kitten

Ominous Kitten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:47 PM

(Whoops.  Just noted the date of the original post.  Apologies for necroing a thread.)

I'd definitely recommend cutting out the fasting, with those symptoms, and maybe allow a higher calorie intake until you start feeling better.  You can get some glucose tablets to keep your blood sugar up to acceptable levels.  They come in a lot of forms and flavors, but the chewables worked out best for me, and are generally around 15 calories each.  That should help with the shakiness.  If you're having trouble keeping solids down, I'd recommend going with something like Ensure to get some nutrients back in your system (I've found the dark chocolate flavor to be pretty good), and Pedialyte to boost your electrolytes.

One Ensure 8oz bottle gives you 9 grams of protein, 220 calories, and a fair amount of vitamins and minerals.

One 12oz bottle of Pedialyte is 100 calories, but when I drink it I tend to only drink 2 or 3 ounces at a time and it generally helps me feel less shaky, weak, and lightheaded.

If the pain you're experiencing is like hunger pangs, I've found that Pepto Bismol takes care of those pretty effectively.  It may also help with the vomiting.  I keep a bottle around at all times, and when I can't make myself eat, it gets rid of the stomach pain and nausea related to lack of food.  (Note that this is probably not something that should really be endorsed, health-wise -- it's not a substitute for food -- but it does help with the side-effects if you won't be eating regardless of the consequences.)

Also, Zofran ODT (oral disintegrating tablets) works wonders for my nausea, regardless of the cause (migraine or lack of food).  It's prescription only, though.

And, like everyone says:  if you have a really bad episode like that, it's better to go to the hospital, where you will be kept alive and get to feeling better.  You can't throw up IV saline and nausea meds.

Hope you start feeling better.  Stay safe.

SIribbonDidILiveSm

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anorexia, Health problems, Health, Sick, Help, Nausea, Heart palpitations, Vomitting, Shakiness, Symptoms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users