extremely light period? (sorry if tmi) - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

extremely light period? (sorry if tmi)

tmi period

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yunglizard

yunglizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

so ive dropped about 12 lbs in the last couple months (i'm 5'4 bmi is around 19 right now) and i was supposed to be on my period this past week.  but i like barely got it, it definitely wasn't enough to need a pad or tampon, it was just the barest trace of blood on toilet paper after i wiped.  normally i would pass it off as spotting, but i had these little traces of blood like the whole week i was supposed to be on my period.  like it didnt even stain my underwear i only saw it when i wiped.

so i'm wondering if this is sort of similar to like when your period stops completely?  or is it just my uterus being foolish

#2 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

There is a New Deputy Sheriff in Town

• Super Moderators
  • 12801 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Could you be pregnant? I'd say it's either that or your cycle is skewey from losing weight.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

#3 yunglizard

yunglizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

Could you be pregnant? I'd say it's either that or your cycle is skewey from losing weight.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

unlikely, i havent had much sex and used a condom anyways.  but thank you!

• Roo-barb likes this

#4 Guest_Pammie85_*

Guest_Pammie85_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

My periods became lighter before they stopped...but then had a random one for a day...x
  • yunglizard likes this

#5 Looona

Looona

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

It's definitely the weight loss. I lost my period after losing lots of weight quickly even though I had a BMI around 19. It's only just starting to come back now that I'm eating more normally, and its still light.

Do you exercise too? The stress hormones can shut down your period. 

I would definitely recommend seeking help from a therapist or doctor. You may think it's okay, but this is serious stuff. When you lose your period, you will also be losing bone mass. There are many negative side effects that come from period loss (if it goes away completely). When your period is getting light or has stopped, this is a telltale warning that there's damage in your body (as your body has decided that it's in too much danger to have a child/reproduce). 

I was able to get it back by stopping restriction and exercise. Stopping exercise is what really got it coming back. I also had to add more healthy fats to my diet. 

Good luck :wub:

• yunglizard likes this

H: 5'3 (160 cm)

LW: 80 lbs/36 kg (2014-2016 :( Before anyone knew about my ED)

CW: 115 lbs/ 52 kg (Thanks recovery . . .)

GW: 100 lbs/ 45 kg 

ZSSrm5.png?t=1&qEtOrP9x

#6 yunglizard

yunglizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

It's definitely the weight loss. I lost my period after losing lots of weight quickly even though I had a BMI around 19. It's only just starting to come back now that I'm eating more normally, and its still light.

Do you exercise too? The stress hormones can shut down your period. 

I would definitely recommend seeking help from a therapist or doctor. You may think it's okay, but this is serious stuff. When you lose your period, you will also be losing bone mass. There are many negative side effects that come from period loss (if it goes away completely). When your period is getting light or has stopped, this is a telltale warning that there's damage in your body (as your body has decided that it's in too much danger to have a child/reproduce). 

I was able to get it back by stopping restriction and exercise. Stopping exercise is what really got it coming back. I also had to add more healthy fats to my diet. 

Good luck :wub:

i used to exercise a lot back when i was healthier about food but since restricting i havent :/ i had no idea a missing period was that dangerous oh shit... thank you.  did you have to gain weight to get your period back?  im pretty happy at my CW but gaining even a couple pounds terrifies me...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tmi, period

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users