Labour Stories - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Labour Stories

Labour Labor Pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 loveitblonde

loveitblonde

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:13 PM

I'm currently pregnant. And like all first time moms feel like I have no clue what I'm in for.

Anyone want to share their labour stories? I'd love to hear everyone's experiences.
  • _PrettyWings_ and Why So Serious? like this

Age: 33 Height: 5'4 Highest: 240 Current: 204 (June 2021) Lowest: 139 Goal: 140 Ultimate Goal: 120

#2 CyclingMe

CyclingMe

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

My labour was good! I did 6 hours without pain meds and then my OB said I should try an epidural to relax me and possibly move me along cause I wasn't dilating. It didn't help so I ended up having a c-section which at the time I was devastated about but looking back I'm glad I did.

After the epidural I managed a nap, it was great. I loved doing it medication free for a bit so I could experience it but the epidural made everything so easy. I didn't feel a thing after that.

If you want any advice I'd say go in with an open mind and a goal of getting the baby out. Whatever gets you there is great. Also don't stress!!! It's no where near as bad as people say.
  • loveitblonde and Roo-barb like this

SW-64kg

CW-59kg

LW-58kg

New account. Deleted last one because I went into recovery.

#3 Roo-barb

Roo-barb

There is a New Deputy Sheriff in Town

• Super Moderators
  • 12819 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

Mine would probably scare people and I'm about to go to sleep but maybe I'll update tomorrow

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

#4 easilyforgottenbyyou

easilyforgottenbyyou

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationArkansas the pit of hell

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:49 PM

I was in labor for two days but over 24 hours of that was early labor getting from 1-4. When I went into the hospital I was only at a 5. I progressed to six in 2 hours and got the epidural since they said 6-10 moves faster it did I went to 7 after two more hours and I was at 10 two hours later. My water broke on it's own at 7. Once I got to 10 though it was a mess I could still feel the urge to push even with the epidural but my baby had a huge head like 92nd percentile despite only being an average baby 20 inches 8lbs 2oz. Anyway I was pushing for two and a half hours before he came out. It wasn't bad with the epidural I got a nap which helped with the pushing. I'd definitely recommend the epidural but even before that the contractions weren't awful. Your body is made for this it knows what to do and however it goes stressing over it can stall it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
  • loveitblonde and MmeFate like this
Stats: 5'5.5" cw:129 at end of first trimester of pregnancy ugw on hold until baby (was 90 will reconsider)

#5 Mackenzie Parker

Mackenzie Parker

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:45 PM

I had to be induced at 39+5 for high blood pressure (with a family history of eclampsia, you can never be too careful lmao)
I went in that night, and they placed a pill near my cervix to help dilate it. They did that four times, every four hours. After the fourth pill, they started me on an IV filled with pitocin (drug that causes contractions). The monitor was showing I was contracting, but most of them I couldn't feel. I spent a lot of time on an exercise ball. On the evening of 39+6, I asked for Staidol (and IV drug to 'take the edge off') because I started feeling the contractions and was having constant panic attacks. I slept for a few hours after that, then was woken up asking about breaking my water (at which I agreed-go for it). After my water was broken, I felt the contractions so hard and was begging for my epidural. They ended up giving me another round of Staidol while waiting, then I was given the Epi. We re-adjusted the dosage multiple times, until we figured out that the pain I was feeling was pressure from baby. They gave me some sleeping pills. At the almost morning of 40+0, I was woken for a cervical check, and told the baby was half out and I had to push. After a while of begging to go back to sleep, a bunch of nurses came in and voila, I was pushing for less than half an hour. 
The only complications had were mine, and they were minor. Panic attacks and vomiting during labor. That's it. Looking back, it was better than I could've hoped. I wish I wouldn't have stressed so much about it because it really did turn out alright. In the end, your body (or doctors) does what it's gotta do.

• loveitblonde, Roo-barb and MmeFate like this

Spoiler

#6 Hellohefalump

Hellohefalump

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

I've got 2 kids, girl 11yrs and boy 8yrs

With my daughter it all began at 39weeks. I turned over in bed at 1am and 'sprung a leak'!
I was so annoyed. I thought I'd pissed myself! So I got out of bed, very grumpy, told my partner to get up so I could change the sheets. Then.... gush!!!! It was my waters breaking! I made a nappy out of a towel, and went to make sandwiches for my partner. By then the contractions were regular and painful. It got so painful (think laxitives pain) we headed off to the birthing centre. By then the contractions were severely painful, but not lasting very long. I was examined and told I was only 1-3cm dilated and to go home, eat something and have a bath. So we went home, we stopped at 24hr Tesco and got some strawberries for my breakfast (I was craving them). While my partner was in the shop, I stayed in the car and started pushing! I couldn't eat the strawberries I was in too much pain by then. I never told him I was pushing because I thought I should only push when the midwife told me to and I was being naughty! But I learnt later, your body is in charge of when you push! So I got home and got in the bath. By then I was Really pushing! My husband recognised the noises I was making (he has two kids already with his ex). He got me out of the bath and rushed me to the nearest hospital. He was speeding. Flashing his lights and honking the horn! We got to hospital and he went to find someone to help and a wheel chair. I wouldn't open my door because I was pushing against it! They got me in the chair eventually. By this time I was in so much pain I thought I was dying! When we got to the labour ward, they went to check her heartbeat. Then they gave up that, because her head was crowning!! Then I kept pushing, and she came out! Baby girl who looked just like me, 7lbs 15oz.

I was in shock! I was having afterpains (relatively rare) and still felt I labour. I couldn't believe I had a daughter that looked like me. We didn't know the sex beforehand and I was expecting a boy looking like his dad! My first thought was 'oh no' because I had bad self image at the time. Also I was still in pain! After a few hours though, I learnt to love my little baby :-) she was beautiful!

2nd baby.....

Again, waters broke. This time I knew what it was and I hadn't pissed myself! I was 38 weeks.
I called my mum to babysit my daughter who was nearly 3yrs old. However, the contractions stopped. 12 hrs or so later they started again. When the pain got bad we headed to the hospital (didn't bother with birthing centre!). When I got there I was 5cm dilated but the baby was back to back. I laboured for ages but the baby couldn't get past my cervix, even though I was fully dilated. It was very painful and I'd been pushing for hours. Asked for an epidural. Then things happened quick! While the midwife went to get the anaesthetist, my baby boy started crowning! It was too late for the epi!!! I was VERY angry lol! Anyway then things got bad. My baby's head was out and he was unconscious and grey. I remember the midwife shouting 'this baby needs to come NOW! Push!!!!!! They yanked him out. Pushing my tailbone out of place. They held him up for me to see (he looked dead). They whisked him away to be resuscitated. I didn't know, but I was bleeding heavily. My husband had to choose to stay with me or go with the baby. He chose me. They managed to stop the bleeding and my son was brought back red and screaming. We were so relieved! He's now a handsome eight yr old who looks like his dad. He was the same weight as my girl (7lb 15oz). It turned out my placenta had separated before he was born, hence the unconsciousness and the blood.

After my son I had extreme postnatal depression and psychosis. It never went away and I've now got a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder
  • Why So Serious? likes this

#7 FatNewlywed

FatNewlywed

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

I had 2 unassisted births. One at home, one at a hospital. A doctor came at the end, nurses were there watching throughout as this was new in my area to them.

I am a certified holistic doula. If you want to talk in length about ways to feel less anxious about birth and a ything surrounding it, let me know.
  • loveitblonde, MmeFate and Why So Serious? like this

#8 loveitblonde

loveitblonde

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

I've got 2 kids, girl 11yrs and boy 8yrs

With my daughter it all began at 39weeks. I turned over in bed at 1am and 'sprung a leak'!
I was so annoyed. I thought I'd pissed myself! So I got out of bed, very grumpy, told my partner to get up so I could change the sheets. Then.... gush!!!! It was my waters breaking! I made a nappy out of a towel, and went to make sandwiches for my partner. By then the contractions were regular and painful. It got so painful (think laxitives pain) we headed off to the birthing centre. By then the contractions were severely painful, but not lasting very long. I was examined and told I was only 1-3cm dilated and to go home, eat something and have a bath. So we went home, we stopped at 24hr Tesco and got some strawberries for my breakfast (I was craving them). While my partner was in the shop, I stayed in the car and started pushing! I couldn't eat the strawberries I was in too much pain by then. I never told him I was pushing because I thought I should only push when the midwife told me to and I was being naughty! But I learnt later, your body is in charge of when you push! So I got home and got in the bath. By then I was Really pushing! My husband recognised the noises I was making (he has two kids already with his ex). He got me out of the bath and rushed me to the nearest hospital. He was speeding. Flashing his lights and honking the horn! We got to hospital and he went to find someone to help and a wheel chair. I wouldn't open my door because I was pushing against it! They got me in the chair eventually. By this time I was in so much pain I thought I was dying! When we got to the labour ward, they went to check her heartbeat. Then they gave up that, because her head was crowning!! Then I kept pushing, and she came out! Baby girl who looked just like me, 7lbs 15oz.

I was in shock! I was having afterpains (relatively rare) and still felt I labour. I couldn't believe I had a daughter that looked like me. We didn't know the sex beforehand and I was expecting a boy looking like his dad! My first thought was 'oh no' because I had bad self image at the time. Also I was still in pain! After a few hours though, I learnt to love my little baby :-) she was beautiful!

2nd baby.....

Again, waters broke. This time I knew what it was and I hadn't pissed myself! I was 38 weeks.
I called my mum to babysit my daughter who was nearly 3yrs old. However, the contractions stopped. 12 hrs or so later they started again. When the pain got bad we headed to the hospital (didn't bother with birthing centre!). When I got there I was 5cm dilated but the baby was back to back. I laboured for ages but the baby couldn't get past my cervix, even though I was fully dilated. It was very painful and I'd been pushing for hours. Asked for an epidural. Then things happened quick! While the midwife went to get the anaesthetist, my baby boy started crowning! It was too late for the epi!!! I was VERY angry lol! Anyway then things got bad. My baby's head was out and he was unconscious and grey. I remember the midwife shouting 'this baby needs to come NOW! Push!!!!!! They yanked him out. Pushing my tailbone out of place. They held him up for me to see (he looked dead). They whisked him away to be resuscitated. I didn't know, but I was bleeding heavily. My husband had to choose to stay with me or go with the baby. He chose me. They managed to stop the bleeding and my son was brought back red and screaming. We were so relieved! He's now a handsome eight yr old who looks like his dad. He was the same weight as my girl (7lb 15oz). It turned out my placenta had separated before he was born, hence the unconsciousness and the blood.

After my son I had extreme postnatal depression and psychosis. It never went away and I've now got a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder

Wow I'm glad your son was okay! That sounds terrifying! And crazy how fast your daughter came. Thanks for sharing!!!

Age: 33 Height: 5'4 Highest: 240 Current: 204 (June 2021) Lowest: 139 Goal: 140 Ultimate Goal: 120

#9 Lizzie88

Lizzie88

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

Nearly had mine in the car she came so quick. It was horrifically painful, I thought I was going to die.

#10 liberatedLiberator

liberatedLiberator

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • LocationNamek

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:55 AM

I went to hospital when I "couldn't manage the pain on my own anymore," like they told me. When I got there (after my waters broke with a load of meconium in them) I was at 5cm and it was hell. 

I was at hospital for about 3 or 4 hours before I gave birth and they didn't get me any pain relief in time. If I could do it over I would go in so. much. earlier. Don't be too brave! 

Also, don't get too hung up on the idea of giving birth around your due date.. I had a feeling my daughter was going to be early, but I had her at 42 weeks the day before her scheduled induction (and a day after her cousin who was conceived 6 weeks after her!)

that's super kami guru to you

Daily reminder that if you ate at a deficit you lost weight even if the scale hasn't budged

Spoiler

#11 TheShowMustGoOn

TheShowMustGoOn

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:02 AM

I may be an exception but I was in labor for 2 hours.

My pregnancy was as smooth as can be and when the day came I started having contractions. I told my husband “ I think this is it”. We drove to the hospital, I was 3cm dilated, I pushed my son out and it was from 2 something to 4:20pm. All natural.

I wanted an all natural birth but I wasn’t sure if I could go through with it because like you I wasn’t sure what to expect and I kept hearing about how horrible it was and the pain, etc...What honestly helped me was hypnobirthing. I think you can take classes but I just search videos online and downloaded an app. It’s basically breathtaking techniques to help you stay calm and in a zen state while you’re body is going through unbearable pain lol.

Hopefully my good birth story can give you some hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bubblegum Bitch
2dqvkfr
Flat Tummy & Tight Booty

Height: 5'5"
33-25-36
CW: 120lbs

GW's: 120lbs, 115lbs, 110lbs, 107lbs  

UGW:100lbs

"I was naive

Your love was like candy
Artificially sweet
I was deceived by the wrapping
Got caught in your web
And I learned how to bleed
I was prey in your bed
And devoured completely"

#12 Alliiana

Alliiana

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationAbyss

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

My pregnancy started out terribly. I had morning(more like all day) sickness for 6 months. The only thing I could eat was chocolate milk. He grew healthy still while I suffered lol. The last 4 months went smoothly with little sickness/fatigue. I was expected on July 1st, but this kid didn’t want to come out. So on July 9th I was scheduled at the hospital to get a CRB(a balloon they shove into your cervix to help it dilate), which did not work when they tried to stick it in. So I got a foley instead which is the same concept. Got sent home after that then came back to the hospital two hours later with unbearable cramps. They gave me Tylenol and then sent me home again for the night. I somehow passed out and woke up the next day perfectly fine. Went in to the hospital to get induced and the foley fell out easily. I was about 4cm dilated. They hooked me up to the oxytocin to start my labour induction and I wasn’t allowed to eat at all until after delivery. About 6 hours after that I was getting contractions I could not handle so I got an epidural. I was still able to move and walk around for about 4 more hours after that. Then they kept checking to see how dilated I was. By then I was exactly the same... 4cms. Two hours after that they started to lose the heartbeat of my baby so they decided to do a monitor that attaches to the babies head inside me. I wasn’t able to get up out of bed so I had to start peeing in a bed pan. Few hours after that my babies heartbeat started to drop every time I had a contraction. They put me in so many positions but his heartbeat wouldn’t stay stable. I was even on my hands and knees at one point. They checked me again and I was still only dilated 4cms. This point they stopped the oxytocin cause they thought it was the cause of the dropping heartbeat. After they stopped it, his heartbeat dropped more and would not stay stable for more then 20 seconds. So they gave me the option of waiting and seeing if it will be better(not recommended),or get a c section. At this point I was in labour for more then 14 hours and exhausted. I chose the c section and within an hour my baby was born. He came out with low blood sugar and they kept having to poke him every couple of hours to make sure his sugar levels were high enough. The recovery process for me was excellent. But now here we are, two months later and I have a healthy baby!

#13 Terra Branford

Terra Branford

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

First child- 4 hours from waters breaking to birth. I dont remember much of it, they gave me diamophine and i was in surgery afterwards

Second child- 4 hours of fast and horribly strong contractions, very painful, waters went in the corridor of the hospital, and head came out at the same time. Couldnt find the maternity ward, porter walking past put me jn a chair and wheeled me up there,baby born ten minutes later. I had some gas and air during that ten minutes, they left me to cuddle and feed, then put me back on cas and air to stitch me.

Had stitches with both kids, it's not as bad as it sounds, and because I still do my pelvic floor exercises, my bits are almost back to as normal as they can be after having 2 kids
  • MmeFate likes this

#14 idontcareifithurts

idontcareifithurts

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1810 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:58 AM

I was in labour for 19 hours.

The first 10 hours I was determined not to get the epic, even though my *lovely* husband played online games and slept through my contractions, he was so helpful.

10 hours in the doctor said he wasn't advancing and I need pitocin. When I heard pitocin, I opted for the epidural right away. Unfortunately the first epidural didn't take, and let me tell you, wow, that was a wild ride.

I got a second epidural, and after that everything was great! My son was born after 19 hrs and immediately pooped on the doctors shoes. haha.

Good luck! You won't need it though, you'll be great.

Sent from my SM-C900Y using Tapatalk

HW: 180lbs LW:92lbs CW:135lbs GW:80lbs (or less)

Height: 5"3

"Silence, I discovered, is something you can actually hear."

"Everything passes. Nobody gets anything for keeps. And that's how we've got to live."

"I have this feeling that I'm not myself anymore. It's hard to put into words, but I guess it's like I was fast asleep and someone came, disassembled me, and hurriedly put me back together again."

"If you remember me, I don't care if everyone else forgets"

~Murakami

8c4e93d1 e566 4718 86c8 2927194e7c4a

bd9c19d4 e655 40da a0b2 2fed9e3a1c34

Accountability: http://www.myproana..../#entry56915482

#15 Maisy.Leanne.S

Maisy.Leanne.S

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

I remember being in pain and saying I couldn’t do this, but I can’t remember what it actually felt like. I was induced on the Monday at 11am and woke up with bad contractions at 5:30am. Had a bath and didn’t feel any contractions. Back with a vengeance after the bath. Was checked and then taken straight to labour suite was pushing for 23 minutes. And I remember the pushing feeling quite nice, like relieving idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 SugarPeppermint

SugarPeppermint

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:02 AM

My labour was super good and easy and fast. I delievered vaginally at 39weeks.

The whole birth took 6-7hours. Painful contractions started and got really bad in 1-2 hours so we went to hospital. I was already 6cm dilated and got epidural and all the pain disappeared. A couple of hours later it was time to push. Pushing took about 30min. I had episiotomy, but no tears. Episiotomy scar was painful for about 2 weeks, but ibuprofein helped. No other pains or problems. :)
165cm/ 5'5"
Pre pregnancy weight: 43.9kg/ 96lbs/ BMI 16.1
CW: idk

#17 ♥mimi♥

♥mimi♥

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2479 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

When are you due? :D Being a mom is the best!

My first labor was really long, 24 hours. I was having contractions all night Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I didn't sleep at all and went to the hospital at 4am, then my labor stopped, I was only 2cm dilated but I was a week overdue so they induced me. The induction took a while to kick in, but by 10pm it was in full swing and my labor got really intense. I was super set on not having the epidural because I'm terrified of needles, let alone needles going INTO MY SPINE. So I opted out of that, but the nurses kept fucking bugging me because I wasn't taking well to the pain of being indcued (I've heard it's worse than natural labor). Eventually I said "whatever fine I'll get it" literally just to shut everyone up, (at this point Iwas 5cm dilated and it was 4:30am Thursday) so they called the doctor in to do it and 5 minutes later I told them "I feel like I need to push" and they're like "nah you're ok, you're only 5cm" and I was like no, I NEED TO PUSH and she said "well let me check your cervix then" and of course I didn't want that, cause OUCH. But she checked me and sure enough I was 10cm and pushing a friggin baby out so no time for the epidural! I ended up giving birth to a 10lb potato sack boy with a 3rd degree tear. Afterbirth was the worst thing I've ever experienced!
This past time (last Tuesday lmao) I was told I was having another big baby, probably bigger than my last. I was horrified because my midwife told me all the procedures they would need to do if he got stuck, and of course my anxiety was all over the place like WHAT IF HE'S 11 POUNDS AND I NEED A C-SECTION (my husband is in the Navy and was leaving 3 days later to go back to work, and our other son is now 19 months and rambunctious) I just totally psyched myself out about it. My water broke and when I called my midwife she said that I had to be induced right away because I was GBS positive, and I got pretty upset because I told her and everyone else my whole pregnancy how much I was looking forward to a natural labor because I didn't get it last time. But they wouldn't let me go into labor naturally because the longer I wait the more risk there was of the baby getting the infection too. So as soon as I went in I got put on pitocin and within 7 hours I had my son! He did end up getting stuck, but luckily they were able to guide his shoulder out. He was only 9lbs 4oz. Skinny lil guy lol<3 I cried and screamed the whole time I was pushing him out cause I was so scared that he was going to get stuck and be huge and tear me. I ended up not tearing at all! Over all I'd say both experiences sucked in the moment, because labor is reaaaaally painful. But as soon as it's over you forget the pain and you're just so in love with your baby that it's no big deal. I still want more kids 5 days post partum lol.
Congrats!! I hope everything goes (or has gone?) well and you have a happy healthy lil baby!

Emma, 20, mother of 2 little boys  :wub: 

SW: 200.2lbs 

CW: 179.8lbs

GW1: 175lbs

GW2: 150lbs

GW3: 135lbs

UGW: ???

#18 loveitblonde

loveitblonde

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

When are you due? :D Being a mom is the best!

My first labor was really long, 24 hours. I was having contractions all night Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I didn't sleep at all and went to the hospital at 4am, then my labor stopped, I was only 2cm dilated but I was a week overdue so they induced me. The induction took a while to kick in, but by 10pm it was in full swing and my labor got really intense. I was super set on not having the epidural because I'm terrified of needles, let alone needles going INTO MY SPINE. So I opted out of that, but the nurses kept fucking bugging me because I wasn't taking well to the pain of being indcued (I've heard it's worse than natural labor). Eventually I said "whatever fine I'll get it" literally just to shut everyone up, (at this point Iwas 5cm dilated and it was 4:30am Thursday) so they called the doctor in to do it and 5 minutes later I told them "I feel like I need to push" and they're like "nah you're ok, you're only 5cm" and I was like no, I NEED TO PUSH and she said "well let me check your cervix then" and of course I didn't want that, cause OUCH. But she checked me and sure enough I was 10cm and pushing a friggin baby out so no time for the epidural! I ended up giving birth to a 10lb potato sack boy with a 3rd degree tear. Afterbirth was the worst thing I've ever experienced!
This past time (last Tuesday lmao) I was told I was having another big baby, probably bigger than my last. I was horrified because my midwife told me all the procedures they would need to do if he got stuck, and of course my anxiety was all over the place like WHAT IF HE'S 11 POUNDS AND I NEED A C-SECTION (my husband is in the Navy and was leaving 3 days later to go back to work, and our other son is now 19 months and rambunctious) I just totally psyched myself out about it. My water broke and when I called my midwife she said that I had to be induced right away because I was GBS positive, and I got pretty upset because I told her and everyone else my whole pregnancy how much I was looking forward to a natural labor because I didn't get it last time. But they wouldn't let me go into labor naturally because the longer I wait the more risk there was of the baby getting the infection too. So as soon as I went in I got put on pitocin and within 7 hours I had my son! He did end up getting stuck, but luckily they were able to guide his shoulder out. He was only 9lbs 4oz. Skinny lil guy lol<3 I cried and screamed the whole time I was pushing him out cause I was so scared that he was going to get stuck and be huge and tear me. I ended up not tearing at all! Over all I'd say both experiences sucked in the moment, because labor is reaaaaally painful. But as soon as it's over you forget the pain and you're just so in love with your baby that it's no big deal. I still want more kids 5 days post partum lol.
Congrats!! I hope everything goes (or has gone?) well and you have a happy healthy lil baby!

Ended up being induced 3 weeks early cause she wasn't moving. 23 hours labour but only 12 hours of active labour. Only moved 1cm in 6 hours after they broke my water (from 4cm-5cm) and contractions were every 2 mins apart.

Ended up getting the epidural when I heard that. Couldn't fathom another 6 hours of it or longer to get to 10cm.

Hated the numbness of the epidural. Baby was only 6lbs 7oz and I just had a few small internal tears.

Was originally told I'd need a c section when we got to the hospital to get checked out so I'm thrilled I was able to have a vaginal birth.

Baby is healthy now too and I'm pretty much healed so. All is well :)
  • Maisy.Leanne.S and Why So Serious? like this

#19 Saint of Killers

Saint of Killers

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

Got the pill to soften my cervix. Once I was fully effaced I went into labor on my own. Labored for 30 hours no meds. Got the epidural at 6 cm, was okay for about an hour and then I was in insane pain again. I had all back labor and weird parts of my body hurt like my neck and my thigh. The nurse touched my back and I screamed because it hurt so badly. Started pushing at 1:30 am. Pushed until 7:57 am when he was born. Needed an episiotomy as he turned sideways and was stuck. And then wasn’t breathing when he was born and needed to be resuscitated.

Next time I’m just skipping the epidural because I feel like it didn’t do anything for me.

He was 9lbs 7oz, 22 inches and I had him at 41 weeks to the day.

BPD~ADHD~Anxiety~PTSD~PCOS~EDNOS~

syringe.gif23syringe.gif

5'7"

SW:280  lbs(127kg) BMI:43.8

LW:130  lbs (58kg)BMI:20.4 

CW:230  lbs(100.6kg)BMI:36.0

280 279 278 277 276 275 274 273 272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261 260

259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243 242 241 240 239

238 237 236 235 234   233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221

220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201

200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181

180 179 178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170 169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161

160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 143 142 141 140

139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120

119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100

99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 90 89

IN RECOVERY.

LOL, I'M BACK.

I'M TOTALLY KNOCKED UP.

BABIES MAKE YOU FAT.

I'M PREGNANT AGAIN!

Jqwmm4.png

~Non Scale Victories~ 

1. Family comments on my weight loss

2. Husband can pick me up

3. I feel comfortable naked

4. NO BACK FAT

5. NOT PLUS SIZED

6. Thighs don't touch

~Clothing Victories~

1. Size 12 jeans

2. Size 10 jeans

3. Size 8 jeans

4. Size 6 jeans

5. Size 4 jeans

6. XL Shirts

7. L Shirts

8. M Shirts

9. S Shirts

10. 38 Bra Band

11. 36 Bra Band

Spoiler

#20 greenteavegan

greenteavegan

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:14 AM

My labour was fine. It was long and exhausting (lasted almost two days and I spend three hours at 10cm dialated having to push for ages) but really not that painful. Honestly I was told so many horror stories of about the excrutiating pain of labour and that just didn't happen. I had a second degree tear and when they accidentially started to stitch me up before the anaestesia had started to work it was the only time I let out a scream. They stopped then an were really sorry and waited and it was fine, but that one sudden needle stich was worst than the continuous labour.
I was a few days after due date and went into labour naturally, no back labour, no drugs needed or wanted, baby was born of average size, we got to cuddle and breastfeed right away. Not everything was perfect about the birth, but it was absolutly fine, not very painful, intense obviously, but not traumatic or anything.
lw: 42kg (170cm)
cw: 49kg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Labour, Labor, Pregnancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users