Labour Stories - Page 2 - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Labour Stories

Labour Labor Pregnancy

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 25 May 2021 - 05:02 AM

I had 2 unassisted births. One at home, one at a hospital. A doctor came at the end, nurses were there watching throughout as this was new in my area to them.

I am a certified holistic doula. If you want to talk in length about ways to feel less anxious about birth and a ything surrounding it, let me know.

We are planning an unassisted home birth for our baby girl!! I was so intrigued by your comment as this is relatively rare amongst the birthing community.

I am a first-time young mother, and I would love to talk more with you if that is okay.

tumblr_m7l8xkk92d1qadi39o3_500.gif

Height: 5'4"

CW: ??? (currently pregnant)

LW: 111 lbs (that was ages ago)
GW 1: 130 lbs

GW 2: 125 lbs

GW 3: 120 lbs
UGW: 95 lbs (haha who am I kidding, will I really want to stop here?)

#22 envy2bThin

envy2bThin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Locationsouth africa

Posted 30 May 2021 - 06:48 AM

My labor was not what I expected at all, but I am not complaining
I went into it thinking it’s awful and painful
But for me it wasn’t I was left shocked after the baby came out
So my story goes like this

I was 1 week pass my Due date, and had to go for my weekly check up with the DR, when I got there I went to the loo to pee then I saw a little bit of blood 🩸 I told my doctor and she checked me and said I am in labor 1cm by that time, she instructed me to immediately go to the hospital,
At this point I didn’t feel anything
So I drove back home to get my hospital bag, my sister took me to the hospital when I got there they said I Am at 2cm.
Still I didn’t feel anything, I waited for the pains
2 hours later they checked me and said it’s 4cm, I was then moved to a different room the midwife told me to lie on my side
I did that and I even took a nap
2 hours later she checked and said I am at 6cm , I took another nap as I still had no pains
An hour and a half later my water broke
Then after 30 minutes I started feeling the urge to push , I was told to breath when I feel the urge,
I managed to do so 3 times, the 4th time I tried to hold it and breath but the head popped and the midwife just said to me push, I did that and in a second she said stop another second she said push, within another second she put my baby girl on my chest, this was scary as it was my first time, and I was still waiting to experience labor pains, but I honestly didn’t feel a thing. And it was all national with no madication

I exercised a lot when I was pregnant (running, yoga and weights) I think that’s why my labor was easy (somehow I was left disappointed coz I didn’t feel the scary pains that everyone always talks about

#23 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 03:25 PM

My labor was not what I expected at all, but I am not complaining
I went into it thinking it’s awful and painful
But for me it wasn’t I was left shocked after the baby came out
So my story goes like this

I was 1 week pass my Due date, and had to go for my weekly check up with the DR, when I got there I went to the loo to pee then I saw a little bit of blood 🩸 I told my doctor and she checked me and said I am in labor 1cm by that time, she instructed me to immediately go to the hospital,
At this point I didn’t feel anything
So I drove back home to get my hospital bag, my sister took me to the hospital when I got there they said I Am at 2cm.
Still I didn’t feel anything, I waited for the pains
2 hours later they checked me and said it’s 4cm, I was then moved to a different room the midwife told me to lie on my side
I did that and I even took a nap
2 hours later she checked and said I am at 6cm , I took another nap as I still had no pains
An hour and a half later my water broke
Then after 30 minutes I started feeling the urge to push , I was told to breath when I feel the urge,
I managed to do so 3 times, the 4th time I tried to hold it and breath but the head popped and the midwife just said to me push, I did that and in a second she said stop another second she said push, within another second she put my baby girl on my chest, this was scary as it was my first time, and I was still waiting to experience labor pains, but I honestly didn’t feel a thing. And it was all national with no madication

I exercised a lot when I was pregnant (running, yoga and weights) I think that’s why my labor was easy (somehow I was left disappointed coz I didn’t feel the scary pains that everyone always talks about

Crikey..what a postive experience! Not going to lie I'm pretty jealous! I also exercised alot throughout my pregnancy but had a very different experience.
I woke up on my due date at 6am with mild cramping..I wasn't sure if it was labour at first as I'd had Braxton hicks for the past few weeks. It soon ramped up to more painful cramps that were coming every few mins. By 8am it was really painful and we called the hospital who said to come in as the pains were every 3 mins. By this point I had thrown up from the pain each time and couldnt really talk. The drive there was horrendous. When we got there I assumed there would be some sense of urgency as I was in such immense pain. However the midwife literally ignored me and sat in the corner writing notes! I remember asking my husband to knock me out it was so freaking painful. The midwife told me it was going to be at least another 24 hrs until baby was born and that they wouldnt give me pain relief yet as it was too early. I wanted to die by this point. I don't know if I jsut got really unlucky or if I'm a total wuss with pain but I had to suffer 6 hrs of this shit with only paracetamol to take the edge off (which it didnt). Its put me off having any more kids tbh.

#24 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 03 June 2021 - 12:13 AM

Crikey..what a postive experience! Not going to lie I'm pretty jealous! I also exercised alot throughout my pregnancy but had a very different experience.
I woke up on my due date at 6am with mild cramping..I wasn't sure if it was labour at first as I'd had Braxton hicks for the past few weeks. It soon ramped up to more painful cramps that were coming every few mins. By 8am it was really painful and we called the hospital who said to come in as the pains were every 3 mins. By this point I had thrown up from the pain each time and couldnt really talk. The drive there was horrendous. When we got there I assumed there would be some sense of urgency as I was in such immense pain. However the midwife literally ignored me and sat in the corner writing notes! I remember asking my husband to knock me out it was so freaking painful. The midwife told me it was going to be at least another 24 hrs until baby was born and that they wouldnt give me pain relief yet as it was too early. I wanted to die by this point. I don't know if I jsut got really unlucky or if I'm a total wuss with pain but I had to suffer 6 hrs of this shit with only paracetamol to take the edge off (which it didnt). Its put me off having any more kids tbh.

I am so sorry this was your experience! That sounds like a very unsupportive midwife. This is exactly why my husband and I are planning an unassisted home birth.

tumblr_m7l8xkk92d1qadi39o3_500.gif

Height: 5'4"

CW: ??? (currently pregnant)

LW: 111 lbs (that was ages ago)
GW 1: 130 lbs

GW 2: 125 lbs

GW 3: 120 lbs
UGW: 95 lbs (haha who am I kidding, will I really want to stop here?)

#25 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:21 AM

I am so sorry this was your experience! That sounds like a very unsupportive midwife. This is exactly why my husband and I are planning an unassisted home birth.

I dont blame you. Yeh I just got very unlucky with the main midwife we got.. tere was more unsupportive stuff she said/did but I cant be bothered to go into more detail! Its frustrating as we came across so many others who were lovely!
Sorry I sort of cut off my story half way through last night.. my daughter was getting angsty!!

#26 mythics

mythics

A Rock

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • Locationneptune

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:42 AM

I was induced because of the pandemic in March 2020 ^-^ I actually slept for most of the time, I went in at 8am Friday morning, and gave birth at 320am Saturday. I didn't need my epidural until Friday night after they upped my pitocin and the other thing they were using and wanted to give me my catheter. Slept another hour, woke up at midnight in unbearable pain, they doubled my epidural dosage and undid the button, I went back to sleep, then they woke me up and hour later to push. I didn't feel anything until his head passed under my pelvic bone and that was only for a minute or two. Everything went smoothly and I pushed for like 2 hours and when he popped out, they said he was out and my only response was "holy shit"

I tore but didn't feel it happen, those peri-bottles are a serious necessity.

He's now 16months and hell on wheels, but I love my little hell angel

﹁

rebuilding myself

﹂                        

#27 this_little_birdie

this_little_birdie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:28 AM

I was induced on 5th Nov 2019 for reduced movements (they weren't actually reduced I was just overly cautious and my hospital has a verrrry high induction rate). Pessary started working instantly, then I started hyperstimulating so having 7 contractions in 10 minutes at only 2cm. Went down to labour ward to have my waters broken artificially, and everything immediately got more intense. My body was pushing on its own but I was being told to stop (wish I listened to my body tbh but I'm not good at standing up for myself) anyway time was a blur and before I knew it I was now allowed to push, pushed him out in 28 minutes, 8lbs 5oz. Labour and birth itself was a piece of piss, I'd do that part all over again. Postpartum is where things went wrong...long story short I had a massive obstetric haemorrhage, lost 2.6 litres, was bleeding all night, having transfusions, heart was 186bpm close to cardiac arrest, in and out of consciousness, stitches failing. Finally was taken down to theatre to be stitched under general anesthesia and had a vaginal pack. I was pretty stable after that but I completely believed I was a gonner and it affects me to this day :( I never got the birth I wanted and I grieve

#28 FatNewlywed

FatNewlywed

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 11:16 PM

We are planning an unassisted home birth for our baby girl!! I was so intrigued by your comment as this is relatively rare amongst the birthing community.
I am a first-time young mother, and I would love to talk more with you if that is okay.

So sorry I missed this until now! Baby was norj in early June amd boy was the last trimester hell! Lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Labour, Labor, Pregnancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users