Getting started...again. Advice? - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Getting started...again. Advice?

Begginging Tips Advice Boyfriend Healthy Eating Gym

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Missyv13

Missyv13

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

Hey there!
My name is V, I'm 23 yrs old and from the US. I'm somewhere between 5'9 and 5'10 and currently weigh 190 lbs.
I've (pretty successfully) had an eating disorder for about 8 years now. At my lowest i was 120 lbs, and that was just a year and a half ago; I just always run into trouble when I start dating someone. I tend to date older guys, which makes it a lot harder to hide this sort of thing, hah.
I've been dating the guy I'm with for about 1 1/2 years now, and I've put on so much freaking weight since we've been together!!!
Provided, when we first got together I did have somewhat of a drug and alcohol problem so that contributed to my weight loss, but it also made him want to do everything he could to make me happy and healthy again, which included cooking... A LOT.
So since I met him, ive been on the healthy band-wagon- eating 3 full meals a day, working out lifting weights daily.... I just eat so much more when I'm working out, especially since I have a super active job.
But now that that's behind us and I'm doing better, I always catch him staring at super thin girls, mentioning some super hot thin ex he had, etc. and it makes me feel like fucking shit about myself. I mean cmon!! he wanted me to get better so I did, and I don't really have anything to show for ist except a big set of titties and a nice ass. (Not to mention only getting laid like once every 2 months or so)

So, I decided to take the plunge and start back up again. It's proving difficult though, because we live together and all the working out and eating raised my metabolism A LOT.
Does anyone out there have any tips on starting from scratch that won't make me binge like crazy every few days? I'm dead set on doing it this time, it's just a matter of how.
Any input is much appreciated! <3
  • dreamingofathinningbody, Bonesking and Genevieve99 like this

#2 craphappens

craphappens

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275918 posts
  • LocationCooperstown

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:11 PM

Hi there and welcome to MPA. 

It takes little effort and lots of stupidity to vote yourself into Communism.
It takes lots of blood, courage, and bullets for your grandchildren to shoot their way out of it.

#3 Transparent Petal

Transparent Petal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Locationnorth america

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

Hi! Welcome fellow newbie lol. When I had to move back in with my dad he also wanted me to eat 3 meals a day and get healthy yada yada yada so what I did was find a super restrictive diet that preaches health benefits. I went whole food plant based meaning I ate no sugars, white grains or refined grains, no oils, and no other form of refined food basically just WHOLE plants and honey and eggs since I don’t eat meat anyway. This way, I could say no to my dads giant meals and eventually we found ways to make dishes that were inside those guidelines that he actually liked too.
It also helped that if I was out with friends or something there was so few options I could eat it made snacking/unplanned calories practically impossible but still easy(ish) to justify.
when I was on this plan I reached my lowest weight and actually didn’t feel hungry all the time!
The whole grains really helped bc although I was afraid of grain for a long time and always read that whole wheat is the same calories as white, the amount of Fiber and other nutrients kept me full for longer and helped me poop lol (sry if tmi) my favorite grain is bulgur it has only 50 calories per 1/3 cup and is soooo filling - cook it in a pressure cooker for a softer texture, it’s kind of like brown rice but more brown if that makes sense
So ya if u tell ur man that u wanna get healthy this way and act like the weight loss is just another benefit or side effect or something he might be more supportive than if u, say, started counting calories or tracking macros really intensely.
I hope this helped or sparked some other ideas
Good luck! <3
  • cadda and Shug like this

#4 Thaminess

Thaminess

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1370 posts
  • LocationThe Sunken Place

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:05 AM

Hello and Welcome:)

HW; 72 kg
LW: 49 kg
GW1: 65 kg
GW2: 60 kg
GW3: 55 kg

GW4: 50 kg
UGW1: 48 kg
UGW2: 45 kg

CW: FUCKING FAT.

tumblr_na26z6pZbs1tpwlh1o1_250.gif

#5 Guest_aphrodisiac_*

Guest_aphrodisiac_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

I'm 22 and 5'10(: And I totally understand the gaining weight because of a relationship, thing. My boyfriend knows about my ED and he's an amazing chef and always making the greasiest, yummiest, high-calorie meals D:

Honestly, if you're metabolism is that high, I bet you could high restrict 1200-1400 and still lose weight. It would probably keep the binges away, too. I lost 45 pounds going from 185 to 140 in high school doing that and I didn't exercise or even eat healthy haha. 

Welcome to MPA!

#6 dreamingofathinningbody

dreamingofathinningbody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationoof

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:41 AM

im pretty much in the exact same situation minus length of relationship. Tbh going on sites like this and making tumblr, ig and so on accounts so i can collect thinspo and recipies, and so on. Force myself to look at pictures of me when i was thinner. Of what my goals were and how close i was to getting there. I could have gotten there. Im hoping itll trigger my ed into restriction again. That and only eating food in front of my boyfriend. Cutting down what i eat without him seeing me. Thank for for flavored water lol

If you want, you can pm me and we can talk more, Im the same height and though i dont know my actual weight, its like 185ish

Height: 5'10"

Hw: 190

Cw: 185ish (ew)

Gw: 140

Gw2: 130

Gw3: 125

UGW: 115

AN, ADHD, BPD, MDD, GAD, PMDD, PTSD

Relapsing

#7 softerkilos

softerkilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

Hi there! Welcome. I had lost a lot of weight about a year ago (which I gained back because I'm stupid) but that was due to a skin condition that forced me to be healthy. My doctor had recommended a super restrictive diet for me and it worked! Basically what I did was no gluten, dairy, or artificial sugars. That alone with no change in exercise made me lose a noticeable amount of weight. During that time period, I was eating a lot of salads.

5'5

hw: 142

cw: 137

lw: 131

gw: 119

ugw: 110

#8 Anamia.

Anamia.

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5616 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

The 1200isplenty thread on Reddit might be helpful?

tumblr static tumblr static filename focused V3

Height: 5'55 

HW:200
SW:166
CW: been stuck in the 120s like

UGW: 90 

Maintenance Goal: Staying in the range of the 40kgs (90-105ish lbs). BMI 16 probs the sweet spot.

2021 Accountability: https://www.myproana.../#entry75235121

2020-2021 Older Accountability: https://www.myproana...tarving-artist/

Affirmations: 

I am worthy of abundance in my life. (Just not in regards to fat on my body okay I want that fat-free female figure.)
Opportunities are always attracted to me and I am always presented with them at the right time.
I am worthy of financial security and financial abundance.

Gave up recovery and the idea of recovering.

I'm not so naiive as to believe that reaching my UGW would be ultimate happiness,

but it is so much easier to be sad and underweight than it is to be fat and depressed.

#9 the cure

the cure

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:45 PM

everyone already mentioned cutting different things out, but i went vegan for a bit and it helped hide my restrictive tendencies. 

i convinced people i did it for the animals and for health reasons. vegan foods in markets tend to be less caloric anyways, so it helps a ton.

also if you're starting again, i ended up spiraling into an ed through high restriction and then went lower and lower when i felt my body could take it.

just do this at your own pace! and welcome to mpa. this community is super friendly and nice. :)

sw - 130 lb // cw - 119 lb // lw - 119 lb

height: 5'7

gw 1 - 125 lb // bmi 19.6

gw 2 - 120 lb // bmi - 18.8

ugw - 115 lb // bmi - 18

125 124 123 122 121 

120 119 118 117 116

115 114 113 112 111

i don't care if it hurts

i want to have control

i want a perfect body

i want a perfect soul

​i want you to notice

#10 sad frog

sad frog

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:33 AM

Welcome!

Height: 5'6 / 168 cm

UGW: idfk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Begginging, Tips, Advice, Boyfriend, Healthy, Eating, Gym

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users