laxative weight loss? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

laxative weight loss?

laxatives binge weight loss ana exlax

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lovealot

lovealot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

normally when i take laxatives (2-4 ex lax pills) and they've done their job, it's like i never ate any of the food. i may not have lost any weight but i definitely didn't gain any. wouldn't that make the claims that its only food and water weight be false? if i didnt take laxatives and waited for the food and water weight to pass, i still would have gained. idk its confusing and at the end of the day no one should be taking them but sadly, they are addicting.

• Thinrich likes this

height: 5'2

lw: 100

hw: 145

cw: 100

cw bmi- 18.2

be my friend <3

ugw: 90

#2 ℜ𝔦𝔫𝔞

ℜ𝔦𝔫𝔞

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

Laxatives really help losing weight. I lost a lot of weight taking laxatives. Unfortunately, I have to take about 10 pills, as my body seems to be almost imune to some laxatives, which is soooooo frustrating! Ha, ha.

• Thinrich likes this

giphy.gif

If I cannot bend Heaven
I will raise Hell

#3 Maldexa

Maldexa

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

I take them every 3-5 days. Mostly because my stomach is not my friend and I have a real issue to go and do my business with no help. Can anybody relate?

#4 LilMsRiley33

LilMsRiley33

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

Laxatives only make you seem like you weigh less because they either evacuate whatever fecal mass in is in your body already, or it makes you have diarrhoea which makes you lose a shed load of water. It depends on how many laxatives you take and whether you take them for what they are actually meant for.

• Laperle likes this

#5 Broke&Broken

Broke&Broken

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

Lax was really bad for me. Never lost real weight. I just felt like death and wasted so much time on the crapper.
  • Laperle likes this
CW: 135
GW1: 129
GW2: 125

#6 creams0da

creams0da

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

Lax is only good if you have trouble going to the toilet. Personally I did lose weight when I took them but it only put me back to my original weight before eating so that didnt really help.

bow_and_ruffles_banner_by_sanitydying-d5tumblr_inline_mq6em9ue9X1qz4rgp.gifbow_and_ruffles_banner_by_sanitydying-d5

lw - 60kg

cw - 67kg

gw - 55kg

height - 5'7/170cm

accountability

#7 FindingSolace2019

FindingSolace2019

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

No? I mean, the laxatives pull water out as well, so wouldn't that give you a false low reading on the scale?
  • oatmilklover likes this
Stats/goals

Spoiler

#8 Thinrich

Thinrich

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:11 PM

I got to my lowest weight with laxatives....and ive been dieting for over 14 years. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laxatives, binge, weight loss, ana, exlax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users