Embarrassing "fat people problems" that you can't wait to be done with - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Embarrassing "fat people problems" that you can't wait to be done with

• Please log in to reply
788 replies to this topic

#1 bemlor

bemlor

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:28 AM

POPULAR

I know there have been other posts along the lines of "thing I hate about being fat" but I thought it might be nice to have a space to vent about the humilating fat problems.

Sort of a reminder about the most embarassing aspects that are driving us to lose weight (and once these problems are gone, we can look back and be thrilled). I don't want to ever forget that these were legit problems for me at one time, once I'm thin and over them, because I never want to have to face them again.....

These are some of mine:

1. Having to dry off under rolls of fat after showering. I hate having to dry under my stomach rolls after showers. I always feel so gross that my body is so large I have lift up parts of it to get everything dry. The same goes for showering- I always have to be mindful to rinse off under my stomach "flap" otherwise soap gets left there. Ugh
  2. Having trouble shaving "down there". While this one has already gotten significantly easier with the weight I've already lost, it's somethign worth posting because when I finally noticed it was so much easier, I was like "how did I not notice that this was so much harder than it should have been??" When I'd shave the downstairs area, when I was fatter, it was hard to see/reach very well over my stomach. Now it's SO much easier, I had forgotten that it really isn't a struggle for normal weight people
  3. Not having my legs chafe when I walk around in a towel after showering. God, I cannot wait until I can wear a towel and walk around without pain from my tighs rubbing together even just for 15 mins or so. 
  4. Getting sweaty under my stomach flap. When I tuck my stomach into my pants/underwear, after running around doing things, I notice sometimes that the crease there will be gross and sweaty.

Those are some of the more embarassing issues that I could think of that tend to be on my mind a lot. I'm sure there are more. Can't wait until I don't have these issues anymore 

• Silverlily, McCordingly, Phiih and 62 others like this

#2 thesekidsdrivememad

thesekidsdrivememad

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3470 posts
  • Locationit feels like a zoo (England)

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:02 AM

Toilet cubicals with sanitary bins, not being able to get my butt on the seat without the bin digging in.
  • FatSophie94, jesodactyl, TrappedInMySkin and 20 others like this
Height 5`8"
HW 265lbs BMI 40.3 (17th June 2017)
SW 204lb (4th April 2021)
CW 184lb (20lb down this year)
LW 148lb (Last summer), 133lb (at 16/17)

GW1 199lb onderland (achieved 7th April 2021)
GW2 194lb (achieved 30/4/2021)
GW3 184lb (achieved 16/6/2021)
GW4 174lb
GW5 164lb healthy BMI
GW6 154lb pre babies

Ultimate goal 147lb then maintain between 147lb and 154lb

#3 gin&bubonic

gin&bubonic

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:12 AM

Having my thighs chafe together when I get sweaty. It feels so gross.

Boots finally fitting not just my feet, but my actual mid-calves.

Less boobs=less underboob sweat to deal with.

Not getting scared when my loved ones try to pick me up.

• AnaMajima, PizzaRat, writeherthin and 43 others like this
Tryna go on a Tindr date but then justifying why I never text her back
large

When me and my friends finally drag each other out of the house but literally end up sitting on the sidewalk doing nothing at 4 in the morning
2 Trainspotting quotes

#4 Silverlily

Silverlily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:20 AM

Fucking love the real talk up in here! I'll add another:

Butt sweat: Natural when you're exercising or under stress, not so much when you're just sitting in the break room at lunch. My ass is so big just sitting for too long will make my pants damp.

Side note - just discovered EC stacks and while it does help keep my appetite down it also makes me more flushed (and subsequently sweaty). So ya win some ya lose some I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
  • thinnier, MrsGrinch, tiredandsad and 21 others like this

#5 paleveil

paleveil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGB

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

waddling instead of walking. being unable to have my arms completely down by my side because a massive roll of fat blocks that from happening. 

• writeherthin, FatSophie94, 38_34_38 and 23 others like this

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

22. f. 5ft1. 10 years of BED & restrictive eating. 

sw: 239lbs

cw: 197lbs

gw1: 220lbs

gw2: 180lbs

gw3: 140 lbs

gw4: 120lbs

ugw: 97lbs

#6 Zoal

Zoal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:39 AM

POPULAR

Not being able to leave the house without every inch of my body covered- even on the warmest of days
  • Lotus.flr, syringalove93, AnaMajima and 56 others like this

#7 *daisydreams*

*daisydreams*

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

Now that I've lost about 35-ish lbs (half of what I want to lose), I feel this less  - but latterly, at the peak of my gain at the start of this year, I was finding it difficult to get dressed easily  :wacko: Putting a bra on felt like a massive endurance test, ffs.

I'm still embarrassed that I'm so unfit that I get out of breath doing things I shouldn't … walking up steep hills, doing mild exercise. I need to get back to the gym (back, lol, like I was ever a regular) but I feel too embarrassed still, and keep putting it off for another half a stone. Swimming and aquafit are all I can manage without embarrassing myself being a sweaty hyperventilating mess  :P

• girlpilot, tiredandsad, michelangelho and 7 others like this

#8 BeautyStings

BeautyStings

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:55 AM

Wow, I can't imagine having to clean under "fat rolls" or flaps of fat. That does sound like a pain. Even at my heaviest, I've never had big rolls or a big stomach or anything like that but I feel like I have something MUCH worse.

As a result of my initial weight gain and weight yo-yoing, I am now covered in stretch marks. This is like the worse curse ever. Because even now that I am a healthy weight and I'm approaching my UGW, I'm still not feeling good because I will ALWAYS have these stretchmarks. I will ALWAYS have difficulty showing my legs, and wearing a bikini. It's like a constant battle. Investing so much effort in losing weight (I've lost 30lbs so far) but yet still being unhappy.

At least when some of you lose your weight, the issue of body rolls, and easily becoming winded, and sweating, will go quickly. Which is amazing. Good luck guys ❤️.
  • AnaMajima, Choco_Bitch_612, WinterRose and 28 others like this

#9 Conway

Conway

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:25 AM

My biggest thing is not having to hear my thighs rub together when I walk around in jeans. It's so embarrassing because I know others can hear it too. 

• Lania, devilchick14us, rebelllefleur and 45 others like this
5'2
SW: 215
CW: 149
UGW: 125

"Whatever you are not changing, you are choosing."

#10 Stitch19

Stitch19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:34 AM

I agree with most of you about the thigh chafe! My friend called it “chub rub” once and i thought it was so gross i wanted to cut the fat off my thighs so i would never be associated with that gross name, “chub rub” bleh i cringe thinking about it.

I cant wait for smaller boobs, not sweating under them or having to hold them when i rub or legit rest them on a table when im sitting. And not being so hyper aware of them 24/7

Being able to hang out with friends without being completely in my head the whole time convincing myself that all everyone is thinking about is how fat i am.

Wearing cute clothes in general.

AND not thinking someones playing a joke on me whenever a guy talks to me.
  • Phiih, Lady Grey, AnaMajima and 31 others like this

#11 horror_girl

horror_girl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3615 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

Being able to eat in public without people staring

Doctors can stop blaming over single health problem on my weight

• Silverlily, writeherthin, ♔ king and 41 others like this

Currently 58.6kg, 5'5.5'' tall
Follow my accountability here: https://www.myproana...e-take-control/

Previous Accountability (98 kg to 55 Kg) -  https://www.myproana...getarian/page-1

#12 branlew

branlew

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:22 PM

Doctors can stop blaming over single health problem on my weight

THIS 100%

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • Silverlily, TreatmentDidntWork, painted.reign and 27 others like this
Spoiler

#13 Lolita1997

Lolita1997

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

From being so over weight, My underarms have darkend and so have my inner thighs, so I never raise my hands or spead my legs too much when I lay down...

Like you said, shaving my private area is considerably frusterating...

Also, (TMI) I do get swamp ass just from sitting.

Just gross things that are easily avoidible if you aren’t overweight.
  • Silverlily, writeherthin, Lonesome George and 23 others like this

#14 wasnot

wasnot

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Wearing out pants, but only on the thighs.

Listening to my knees creak when I squat.

Looking horrible in everything. Clothes can never be attractive in this size.
  • skinnyjeans00, FatSophie94, Rearviewmirror and 40 others like this

#15 thatonegirl97

thatonegirl97

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:34 PM

Being called fat by my family when I have a 28 inch waist lol I guess I really am ugly and gross looking. Plus I’ve gained weight... I hate myself so much. I just want to be perfect
  • aswzi, スナイパー•ウルフ, bemlor and 3 others like this

#16 bemlor

bemlor

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:46 AM

Oh man, all of these ring so true guys. I'm so glad we can talk about them and remind each other (and ourselves) what it's like to be at a higher weight. I feel like it's so easy to forget how miserable things are/were once we're thinner, so I always feel like it's beneficial to write down the crappy, gross, humiliating, and uncomfortable parts of being overweight so that once the problems dissapear (and they will! We'll be there soon!) we remember to never get back to the weights that made us so miserable

• ♔ king, Levi Ackermann, MaxPain and 10 others like this

#17 Mauv

Mauv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:55 AM

Exfoliating my legs is such a hassle, also underboob sweat and dirt 😥 . Bad blood circulation, cramps . Basically everything
  • tiredandsad, Levi Ackermann, MaxPain and 3 others like this

#18 quinzelquinn

quinzelquinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:06 AM

everything above and to add:

thinking i would look good in something and being completely fucking wrong and crying in the fitting rooms. 

and basically just SUMMER in general

• Silverlily, writeherthin, Excess and 26 others like this

#19 wasnot

wasnot

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:18 AM

Oh, yes. HATE summer. Between the heat and the skimpy clothing I just want to hide.
  • Dearrainy, WeedBitch, Levi Ackermann and 7 others like this

#20 Lonelycactus

Lonelycactus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:43 AM

Definitely underboob sweat. And summer in general. I hate dressing in clothes that reveal any part of my body but at the same time I don’t want to overheat and be super sweaty. I can’t wait to not have to worry about that
  • tiredandsad, WeedBitch, Levi Ackermann and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users