would this be considered binging? - Page 2 - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

would this be considered binging?

bed binge eating binge eating disorder binging binge eating disorder ed

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 RelapsingForever

RelapsingForever

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:11 AM

Yes binging! I would try to restrict less in the day so you don't feel that ravenous hunger
19-year-old girl, trying to maintain her weight(?).
Lbmi: below 12 oof
Cbmi: upper 14s
Height: 5'9/175cm
Weight: 45 kg
LW: 37 kg

Emo hoe for life.
Yee.

#22 ✩Freckles✩

✩Freckles✩

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3125 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

That's definitely binging, but if you're anything like me, restricting or not restricting, I still do this.
Freckles | Mother | Wife | Nurse

giphy.gif

#23 sheswillow

sheswillow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:19 PM

I wouldn't say you have BED, but you are "binging" due to restricting. There's a difference! Luckily this can be solved by being kinder to yourself and eating more with each meal so you don't have the overwhelming urge to overeat and then the guilt which comes afterwards. Hope you figure it out love!

#24 bbygguk

bbygguk

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2560 posts
  • LocationThe Fucked-Up Imperialist Racist Country of America

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

I wouldn't say you have BED, but you are "binging" due to restricting. There's a difference! Luckily this can be solved by being kinder to yourself and eating more with each meal so you don't have the overwhelming urge to overeat and then the guilt which comes afterwards. Hope you figure it out love!

a year later and actually i've talked to a therapist about this - she said what i had was bed, considering i was binging before i started restricting :/ but thanks!

#25 Little_Bean

Little_Bean

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:48 PM

Sounds like a binge to me. I think it might be because you are restricting more than you are used to - from my experience, I suggest talking steps to restrict slowly. It helped me a lot to do a normie restrict of 1400 then I dropped to 1200 and further each time I got comfortable.

My point is don't push too much and take care of your body :) - I hope this helped

#26 totalmachine

totalmachine

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationlostland.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:01 PM

this thread helped me alot, i've been falling into the same pattern i guess. 

you're like heaven to touch, alas i realized heaven doesn't burn

giphy.gif

Spoiler

#27 buttercup_fairy

buttercup_fairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:33 AM

I used to do this ALL the time; I dare say a solid 80% of my weight gain from my lowest weight three years ago was because of night time binges. I talked to a good friend of mine, a fourth year psych major at the time, and she suggested training myself to always have breakfast in the morning. It took a while to get over my night binges ( the urges are still there ), but this certainly helps because at night, when I'm craving foods with a steely resolve, I tell myself 'just tonight, if I can get through tonight without eating, I can eat [craved food] in the morning', and by the time I wake up in the morning, I'm not craving the same food I was the night before and am more inclined to control my eating. 

SW: 139lbs

CW: 132lbs

GW1: 125lbs

GW2: 115lbs

UGW: 99lbs

#28 Dirty.honey

Dirty.honey

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:01 AM

You sound very young.....you may be overthinking things. I can't say definitely that you have an ED.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

#29 bittersweet-ed

bittersweet-ed

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationUnsure

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:32 AM

Binges are usually different for everyone, so whatever you consider to be abinge for you is a binge. But yeah in your case those are binges :/ sorry

A bulimic wannarexic. Possible ednos? Undiagnosed  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

162cm ~ hw 56kg ~ lw 42.3kg (BMI 16.1) ~ cw 43kg 

Tumblr: Deleted :`) might make another soon

Instagram: @bittersweet.ed2

#30 Guest_dzjce_*

Guest_dzjce_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

yeah, it's binging. after long periods of restricting i become an ED zombie and  start eating everything in sight.

#31 Mitsy

Mitsy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:29 AM

please stop restricting so hard. always eat something within an hour of waking and eat a snack or meal every 2 to 4 hours. focus on whole healthy foods to keep you satisfied. vegetables, lean protein, fruit, nuts, whole grains, beans. 

please be careful, and consider getting help from a dietitan or eating disorder therapist.

5'3"

cw 109

hw 155

lw 75

sw117

gw 105

ugw maintain above 100 below 115

F*** you ED!

#32 caffeine fix

caffeine fix

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

Yep, that's binge eating, hon. <3

You've basically just described how my ED started. I remember one day my mum mentioning the word 'bulimia' and in hind sight she was right. I was in a very loooooong restrict- binge cycle where the episodes of restriction were essentially purging. Sometimes I would fast for a few days at a time but mostly it was just extreme calorie restriction or skipping meals.
It wasn't for a couple of years that I added self-induced vomiting into the mix as well (which i do not recommend and which did not result in weight loss but only more binging for me).

Back in those days I hadn't worked out that 'high restriction' was the only way for me to avoid (or at least reduce) binging.

#33 snickersnaps

snickersnaps

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:19 PM

I would say that is a binge, I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear xx

Please try high restriction. Eat breakfast and lunch and dinner and try to hold off eating dinner until close to bed time (my personal advice) so you can force yourself to try and sleep instead of binging. Drink a lot of water. I hope it gets better, I'm in the same cycle
Completed: 180lbs 175lbs 170lbs 165lbs 160lbs 155lbs 150lbs 145lbs 140lbs 135lbs 130lbs 125lbs

To go: 120lbs 115lbs 110lbs 105lbs 100pbs 95lbs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bed, binge eating, binge eating disorder, binging, binge, eating disorder, ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users