Why does every social gathering/ date have to involve food... - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Why does every social gathering/ date have to involve food...

diet food restrict fast

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#41 Waterski

Waterski

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:07 AM

Oh my gosh I relate, I literally just made a post about this; didn’t see this one. I have pushed my friends away and hit them with the I’m busy or studying to avoid going out. I make it clear I’ll go out if they want to do anything but eat but of course their fat minds only want to eat. Why can’t we go swimming or for a walk?! I completely understand. Luckily my boyfriend lives three hours away until we’re back for the school year I’m scared he’s going to want to go out to eat a lot

𝐅 | 𝟒' 𝟏𝟏"

𝐇𝐖:𝟏𝟒𝟐 S𝐖:𝟏𝟑𝟖 𝐂𝐖:𝟏𝟐𝟐 𝐆𝐖𝟏:𝟏𝟐𝟓 𝐆𝐖𝟐:𝟏𝟐𝟎

𝐆𝐖𝟑:𝟏𝟏𝟎 𝐔𝐆𝐖: 𝟏𝟎𝟓

𝟏𝟑𝟓 𝟏𝟑𝟒 𝟏𝟑𝟑 𝟏𝟑𝟐 𝟏𝟑𝟏 𝟏𝟑𝟎 𝟏𝟐𝟗 𝟏𝟐𝟖 𝟏𝟐𝟕 𝟏𝟐𝟔 𝟏𝟐𝟓

𝟏𝟐𝟒 𝟏𝟐𝟑 𝟏𝟐𝟐 𝟏𝟐𝟏 𝟏𝟐𝟎 𝟏𝟏𝟗 𝟏𝟏𝟖 𝟏𝟏𝟕

𝟏𝟏𝟔 𝟏𝟏𝟓 𝟏𝟏𝟒 𝟏𝟏𝟑 𝟏𝟏𝟐 𝟏𝟏𝟏 𝟏𝟏𝟎

𝟏𝟎𝟗 𝟏𝟎𝟖 𝟏𝟎𝟕 𝟏𝟎𝟔

𝟏𝟎𝟓 𝟏𝟎𝟒 𝟏𝟎𝟑

𝟏𝟎𝟐 𝟏𝟎𝟏  𝟏𝟎𝟎

#42 Schön Lapis

Schön Lapis

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

it's so stressful! :(

always get so anxious

#43 Startlefish

Startlefish

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

I am afraid to try make friends, cus they will probably want to b with someone hu likes going out for breakfast and lunch

#44 OMANKO

OMANKO

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

Because we have eating disorders and normal people don't lose sleep over this shit. Don't act like it's some noble critique of society to call out social eating culture just cus food makes us scared
  • Anamia., Yasmeen, lettu and 2 others like this

chronic orthorexia + an/bp

IBS-A, adhd and bipolar ii

taking life one day at a time, currently relapsing

711ac3ac54046c9beeced563b7e05693.jpg

height   5'6

LW       101

HW       135

CW       115

accountability

my tumblr

#45 Outlier

Outlier

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:04 PM

Oh, I have tons of excuses that work!

I already ate earlier.
I don't feel like eating.
I'm chewing gum(food will ruin it).
I'm really thirsty right now.
I'm going to save my appetite for later(then get distracted)
I feel queasy, I'll pass.

Put a diet soda in your hand. It'll make you look normal.

Today I ate pickles and mustard. Said the pickles we're good electrolytes for the humidity.

#46 bbbones

bbbones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Locationsomewhere where my problems don't exist

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:06 PM

Saying you're broke/saving money does the trick quite often for me. My friends are broke too so they get it.

Tomorrow i'm going out for coffee with my friends and boi does that scare me. What if they decide to order some really high-calorie coffee and cake or something? ? I'll look so awkward sitting there with my unsweetened iced coffee lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Ex-ana back at it again

#47 Oopsnotagain

Oopsnotagain

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:08 PM

I hate hanging out because it always makes me feel bad about food. All of my friends are prettier and skinnier than me and don’t have these food issues and can just eat a normal amount of food at every meal. The only person who never made me feel bad about my eating was my ex boyfriend because he knew I struggled a lot with it and didn’t want to pressure me. If we were at a fast food place with friends he would offer to have pretended to eat with me earlier so our friends wouldn’t question why I didn’t eat anything and then take me to get a salad after. But like why couldn’t we just have hung out without food to begin with?????
  • bbbones and Yasmeen like this

#48 .Lilith.

.Lilith.

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts
  • Locationsoon Uk

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:08 PM

i hate it so much,that makes me want to hide always in my apartment.

• RazorbladeHipbones likes this

Kik user name is lilith_xq

DM´s are always open, i like to communicate with others.

giphy.gif

​5´8 (173cm)     

CW: 153,8 (05.05.20)

​     GW1:155Lbs(23.4)​         

GW2:145Lbs(21.9)​         

GW3:135Lbs(20.4)

GW4:125Lbs(18.9)                    

GW4:115Lbs(17.4)          

UGW: unknown                            

Hope or despair..

Nothing´s gonna save me 

The evil that I see has taken over me 

no ones gonna save me...

giphy.gif

6kg in 6 weeks

#49 V.ed

V.ed

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Locationyour mom

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:58 PM

It’s so annoying. Like I’ll ask my friends to hang out and I’ll be like let’s watch a movie or go to a museum and they always have to be like ok so we can get dinner before and then go and it’s so frustrating bc I’m going out to avoid eating and have an excuse for my parents!!

#50 Odalisque

Odalisque

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Locationworld

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

Yes! it's very frustrating trying to come up with ways not to eat or having to figure out what you can eat from whatever food were having

• Chunkamonk likes this
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

#51 🐾SevenTailedWolf72🐾

🐾SevenTailedWolf72🐾

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3871 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

Nope, however I can get away with not eating becasue I flat out tell them that I will waste it...and I truly do waste food, like take a couple bites and throw it out
  • RazorbladeHipbones likes this

Height: 4'11"3/4

HW:102lbs NEVER AGAIN! 🤐

SW: 98lbs 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

97 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

96 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

GW1: 95 lbs🎶Lost and gone away🎶

94🎶Lost and gone away 🎶

93🎶Lost and gone away🎶

92🎶Lost and gone away🎶

91 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

GW2: 90lbs 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

89 🎶Lost and gone away

88" 🌹🎶Lost and gone away🎶

87 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

86🔅🎶Lost and gone away🎶

GW3: 85lbs🎶Lost and gone away🎶

84 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

82🤘🏽

UGW: 70-72lbs

hqdefault.jpg

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

<p>Love Conquers ALL! ^_^UUGW: 43lbs 😲

#52 Chunkamonk

Chunkamonk

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts
  • LocationYou tell me

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

Same here! I think this all the time. In fact just the other day I thought “Why is everyone obsessed with food?!” (It’s funny cuz I’m obsessed with food in a different way) Like why do we HAVE to get pizza when we meet? Why do we HAVE to have chips? It’s super annoying and people don’t realize how tormented I am trying to either avoid eating whatever it is or figuring out compensation and on top of that if it’s something difficult to count the calories, that’s more work and stress. For normal people, they can just go out and eat with no care in the world but for some of us it’s a huge ordeal.

c6a93deaa9322fc224fdb06571b55bd450f80538

Zabdiel mi amor <3 jajaja 

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*If I'm underweight than I don't have to worry about being overweight *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

U(•ㅅ•)U

#53 __aevi__

__aevi__

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:01 PM

Yesss it’s so uncomfortable. My friends know I have an ED so they don’t force me to eat so it’s meh. But it’s like before and after we do like anything I swear.

But my bae rn, he’s perfect. He lit actually gets that its uncomfortable. He will take me on dates for drink things (tea, coffee, sparkling waters), things that he knows doesn’t stress me out. He will always ask me what I want first so I don’t feel ashamed to turn something down. And if I want something extra I don’t feel shy expressing it.

It’s really fucking nice tbh.
  • sad_diner and Yasmeen like this

#54 staaaz

staaaz

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:47 PM

Yes!!

The same way as I dont understand why people cant just hang out without alcohol late at night, I dont get why every meeting has to involve some group eating. Like what,  everyone just got hungry at once? Nothing else to do? The fact that you have mouth doesnt mean you have to eat smth...

Sounds mean but...yeah!

• pickles312 likes this

#55 nalgene_tangerine

nalgene_tangerine

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Locationur moms house

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:03 AM

humans are annoying 

5d312a50e2092a242cf39cfe381fbf16

i lov him

#56 pillsandbones

pillsandbones

Sage

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:48 AM

"Social events" seem to be more about food and/or alcohol than about quality, meaningful social interaction, that's kind of shitty. I hate how food is a part of every gathering and when I refuse, it's either rude or really awkward.
  • Sabitsuki, think-skinny-be-skinny and pickles312 like this
Bea.

5'1

SW/HW: 146 lbs
CW: 82 lbs
UGW: RECOVERY

#57 Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

Sage

• Members
  • 1014 posts
  • LocationA kingdom far, far away

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:56 AM

God I hate it. People want to eat all the goddamn time. Sick motherfuckers.

If you can manage to live under the ruse the rest of your life, tell everyone you take MAOIs and therefore eating unplanned things will genuinely kill you.

GW1: 115  

GW2: 108   

UGW: 98  

New UGW: Dead

Have a grrrr8 day (:

#58 think-skinny-be-skinny

think-skinny-be-skinny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:43 AM

Yesss it’s so uncomfortable. My friends know I have an ED so they don’t force me to eat so it’s meh. But it’s like before and after we do like anything I swear.

But my bae rn, he’s perfect. He lit actually gets that its uncomfortable. He will take me on dates for drink things (tea, coffee, sparkling waters), things that he knows doesn’t stress me out. He will always ask me what I want first so I don’t feel ashamed to turn something down. And if I want something extra I don’t feel shy expressing it.

It’s really fucking nice tbh.

The last guy I dated tried to force me to go out to eat with him all the time and if I said I wasn’t hungry or didn’t want to he made me feel guilty about it. So I’m glad there are good people who are understanding out there!!
Height: 5'6HW: 137CW: 113<p>GW: 97

#59 __aevi__

__aevi__

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:25 AM

The last guy I dated tried to force me to go out to eat with him all the time and if I said I wasn’t hungry or didn’t want to he made me feel guilty about it. So I’m glad there are good people who are understanding out there!!

They exist! Yes! He isn’t a big eater really himself so it’s easy.

I’m sorry he made you feel guilty, he should learn to eat beforehand for your comfort. And you should be able to tell him when you want to eat without it being an ordeal. There’s a guy out there for you that will.

#60 _Thegirlthatneverwas_

_Thegirlthatneverwas_

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationThe World That Never Was

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:50 AM

It frustrates me to no end. Like holidays.. (especially Thanksgiving. I mean, the whole day pretty much starts and ends with food. >_<)

Also vacation. My family tends to go on vacation once every year (in fact it’s this week and I’m stressing so much) and while we ~usually~ end up picking a restaurant to eat at as the big main meal of the day, sometimes they want to go out for lunch and then dinner, or go out for dessert on top of that. It really sucks because I want to enjoy myself doing all the activities a vacation has to offer (like walking around—burn those extra calories and enjoy the sights, am I right?) but the whole food uncertainty thing (and the fact that I’m surrounded 24/7) makes it hard.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet, food, restrict, fast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users