how to get rid of the "skinny fat" body - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

how to get rid of the "skinny fat" body

exercise skinnyfat

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 loonabts

loonabts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:34 PM

hellooo :)

ive had an eating disorder for almost half a year now, and as much as the disordered thinking and restricting/fasting is there, the exercise part however has not been something ive done alot. i always want to, but im just so tired and i have severe depression so theres no motivation. i used to do it alot about a month ago but there came to a point i stopped cause i started nearly fainting everytime i tried and i just havent gotten to get a proper one ever since except for walking, walking up stairs, maybe some running/jogging whenever im out and my brain screams at me to do it instead of normally walking lmao
however. i am underweight, im 164 cm and 45 kg, however i feel like nobody would tell im underweight. im not even sure if its bdd (which ive also been diagnosed with) because my therapist/doctor/teachers/parents etc tell me i look quite skinny but when i look in the mirror i really dont see it and i cant feel it on my body either.
either way, could someone give me tips on how i can get rid of a skinny-fat type of body? exercises, what i should put more into my diet etc. im guessing due to me not exercising as much as i restrict/fast i lose more muscle than fat.

some specific exercises would be helpful. preferably exercises that work your thighs? its the part i hate the most about myself, i know that that spot reduction or whatever its called isnt possible technically but yeah!! :D and preferably stuff without equipment and things i can do at home because my parents know of my ed and are so , UGH about it so if i asked for workout equipment they'd say no. also i'm scared of gyms bc i hate my body so much and working out infront of others makes me anxious lmao

anyways i feel like i typed too much, im nervous bc this is my first post here but yeah. help would be appreciated <3 thank u lots

• Meggan, soulhealth and sour lemonss like this
height: 164,5 cm

highest weight: 64 kg (bmi 23)
current weight: 45 kg (bmi 16)
lowest weight: 42 kg (bmi 15)

goal weight: back to lw
ultimate goal weight: 37 kg (bmi 13)

tumblr_opgv8yKwE01qehiaao1_500.gif

#2 loonabts

loonabts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:15 PM

bump.. bc this is kinda important 

height: 164,5 cm

highest weight: 64 kg (bmi 23)
current weight: 45 kg (bmi 16)
lowest weight: 42 kg (bmi 15)

goal weight: back to lw
ultimate goal weight: 37 kg (bmi 13)

tumblr_opgv8yKwE01qehiaao1_500.gif

#3 newrelapse

newrelapse

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

try Mel b butt, it also works your thighs and a butterfly stretch. Look into Tiffany Rothe workouts. I also hate working out but Ana + working out gave me some nice results

• melodiiiiiii and loonabts like this

#4 Jox

Jox

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

It really sucks that you can’t have equipment. I use about 4 different machines there for my legs alone.
Otherwise, try squats, butt kicks, heel beats, and normal & side planking for your legs. You can do all of those in your room, and they’re pretty simple.
  • melodiiiiiii and loonabts like this

♕♕♕

╔═══════════════════════╗
name ▸ jo
height ▸ 5'8"

cw ▸ 124 lbs

bmi ▸ 18.9

ugw ▸ 104 lbs 
me ▸ i've been forced to gain weight,
but plan to lose it all again.

╚═══════════════════════╝

♕♕♕

#5 K_ana1

K_ana1

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

Do you have a membership at a gym? I do, and at my gym they do classes. I tried a body pump class and at first it made my muscles ache and I thought fuck this, but it actually helped my motivation. Probably because it was someone telling me what to do and what each exercise was working on etc that it felt more productive to me. I’m sure you’ll be able to find some on YouTube if not, but as someone who’s suffered that depressive procrastination of not moving or not wanting to exercise - lol just read the last part about the gym and stuff to do at home sorry! So yeah I’m gonna say try body pump via YouTube. They may use weights but you can go weightless or just grab an item in your room, then at least you know it’s a full body work out! Hope this helps xx
  • loonabts likes this

#6 Meggan

Meggan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

Sucks that you can’t have equipment :( well you could fill 2 -1 liter waters and lift them then drink them afterwards! That’s how I used to workout with no equipment in my room.

Yeah thigh fat sucks ass but spot reduction is possible only with liposuction. So if you hate the gym try jogging outside! It will slim your overall body. One hour can burn up to 400 calories depending on your speed.
I have a treadmill at home so I use it whenever I can (it’s kinda loud tho). Sucks that neighbors downstairs get back from work sooner than me so I have to use it before my morning shift. Oh well. Use anything you can babe. Hugs

#7 owowo

owowo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:38 AM

well, what i personally do to sorta 'exercise' is pace around my room constantly! its a habit i developed as a kid bc of anxiety i guess, buts its been lowkey helpful to try and keep myself relatively toned while restricting. i usually just listen to music and pace back and forth in my room for as long as i can (usually a few hours depending on how fast i go - i prefer a really brisk powerwalk as fast as i can do indoors without attracting attention since its a workout after all)
i also do jumping jacks and sit ups and lift small weights! i have lil 3 pound dumbbells that i lift while im focused on watching movies and youtube videos - got through an entire movie that way and hardly even noticed that i'd been doin it all along!
jumping jacks are cool because they burn about 100 calories in 10 minutes, but im honestly too lazy to do them for that long, and prefer exercises that i can do while doing other things. 

Height: 4' 11"
CW: 110 lb
SW: 135 lb
HW: 144 lb
LW:  83   lb

GW: 110, 90, 80

UGW: 70

#8 smoll_boness

smoll_boness

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:11 AM

Bump

5'3

Sw:125 lb

Cw:98.2lb

Gw:90 lb

Gw:80 lb

Ugw:75 lb

GdXCLY4.gif

#9 Amely

Amely

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:11 AM

weight training.

Amelyg

#10 tristogsyk

tristogsyk

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts
  • Locationwishing i was in france

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:14 AM

bump

6'ft

GW: 57kg 

ad8e1d7ba0ee95652581963bb5f771ca.gif

#11 skeletalsweetie

skeletalsweetie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2163 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:46 AM

Body weight training. You won’t bulk as much and you’ll tone

• sometimes they never wanted to hurt you, they just didn't care at all •

she/her 💫fifteen 💫114lbs

#12 Cassia in vain

Cassia in vain

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:26 AM

Try blogilates on YouTube. There’s really no equipment needed, but I would recommend a mat or to do the exercises on a rug.
  • melodiiiiiii and Borderline Doe like this

Height: 5'1"
SW: 137  LW: 92
CW: 108

No man can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true

-Nathaniel Hawthorne

"And I'm not sure what the trouble was that started all of this

The reasons all have run away, but the feeling never did

It's not something I would recommend, but it is one way to live

'Cause what is simple in the moonlight by the morning never is"

-Bright Eyes

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

#13 blue.skies

blue.skies

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:32 AM

i'm no doctor but there are ways to get to you see it better u think... have you tried the activity where you cut a string to the length of how big you think your waist/thigh/arm is and then actually measure it and compare? compare before and after pictures? hope this helps.
  • dreamsynopsis likes this

#14 Borderline Doe

Borderline Doe

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

Ok idk where you live or how old you are, but I use my mother’s “membership” (dunno if that’s the right word to use.) She’s a retired Marine & we live very close to a military base. She can go to the base gym & is allowed to bring one guest (which is me!)

Even if you have any friends who are in the military, I’m sure they’ll be nice enough to bring you as a guest.

Height: 5'1" | HW: 123 lbs. | LW: 95 lbs.
Current BMI: 20.4
Current weight: 108 lbs.
Current goal weight: 105 lbs.
Ultimate goal weight: idk yet.❤️

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exercise, skinnyfat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users