how are you able to eat so little? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

how are you able to eat so little?

calories food restricting

• Please log in to reply
796 replies to this topic

#1 lemonadevomit

lemonadevomit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:22 AM

im just wondering how you guys are able to eat so little everyday. like if i eat under 500 calories, ill get really sick and my body will start to reject food if i try to eat. 

another question. please dont get mad at me for asking: but why? for me if i eat 250 calories ill lose they same amount of weight from eating 1000 calories. 

i even lost a pound from eating 1200 calories once. so whats the point of eating like 200 calories daily? 

• ProAnaHannahxx, Duplo, Wasted-Potential and 15 others like this

#2 Guest_birrell_*

Guest_birrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:32 AM

POPULAR

ed is different for every person. eating more than absolutely needed can cause immense amounts of guilt. I personally eat net of 800-1000 because I need that to be able to work, etc. but for reals when I was younger I ate one bell pepper a day for weeks. and in my personal experience there was no space for logic and I couldn't bring myself into eating any more. but obv if you're capable of eating over 1000kcal a day then ofc it's much healthier and good for you. but this is a disorder... and it shows its severity in various ways which of one is to eat as little as possible.
  • Thegymbum, usikker, Jayslaam and 132 others like this

#3 Magic_Coconut

Magic_Coconut

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:42 AM

POPULAR

If your inner demons are pretty strong it's self punishment. I used to fast for a week every time I binged to punish myself for eating.
  • Thegymbum, faeway, lollygagging and 94 others like this

#4 103Chickpea

103Chickpea

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:57 AM

I won't lose weight eating a thousand calories, I have a thyroid disease and I have to eat less anyway. Lucky for me if I eat very little or fast I get incredibly nauseous and I can go for long periods of time without eating.

• Lotus.flr, anwh0rexic, anorexicduty and 25 others like this

"Only a little more,

only a few more days
sinless, foodless"

#5 crysld

crysld

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Locationmy bed ;P

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:15 AM

POPULAR

the feeling of being full makes me feel bad & fat, I'd much rather have the stomach rumbling, I've even gotten used to falling asleep to it now lol
I also feel bad eating a lot, for instance, tonight for dinner I had 4oz of chicken with 2/3 cup green beans...my biggest dinner in a while & I felt terrible about it.
  • Black Rose, cherryblossompearl, Teaquick and 48 others like this
HC9bm4.png

#6 KassieAnnabel

KassieAnnabel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:29 AM

POPULAR

High restriction still results in weight loss but low restriction works faster. Also, people who eat that low normally just can't handle the thought of eating any higher. Eating disorders aren't usually about weight loss, it's just a symptom of the illness.
  • ProAnaHannahxx, Efflorescence, Teaquick and 64 others like this

#7 lost.in.clouds

lost.in.clouds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

I drink a lot of water and orange juice!!!

• Cydric, Applejacks, teddyscarf and 9 others like this

I need to be thin, just as I need to breathe.

SW: 148

CW: 130

1GW: 120

2GW:110

3GW:100

UGW:80

2e36abf5dec4033eb7430b77aed39175.gif

#8 Cleo23

Cleo23

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:47 AM

POPULAR

i feel so guilty when i eat so not eating gives me the pleasure eating would have on other people. i crave the feeling of being empty inside and my stomach grumbling for food.
  • eloisa, faeway, lollygagging and 50 others like this

#9 Rhaenys

Rhaenys

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:23 AM

POPULAR

It isn't about the food and weight loss is just a symptom... Is about the Control.

• rosegrr, Delicate96, Rogue7 and 55 others like this

FIBROMYALGIA, SYNOVITIS, POLYCYSTIC OVARIC SYNDROME, CERVICAL ECTROPION, FIBROIDS, EPEMDYMOMA, BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, SELF HARM... Oh, and of course an EATING DISORDER.

HW: 102.6 kg (16 st 2 lbs / 226 lbs) BMI 38.15

CW: Currently fasting, in the upper side of 85 kg, hopefully dropping weight.

GW1: 67 kg (9 st 12 lbs / 138 lbs) BMI 24.91

#10 GeniaBean

GeniaBean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:44 AM

My body is use to the feeling of starving. I can go several days with 500 & under cals, & I feel ok. I still workout too.
  • Breathless575, Teaquick, teddyscarf and 18 others like this

#11 Fattoflat07

Fattoflat07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:57 AM

My body is used to it now tbh. I feel tired sometimes but that’s really it. I usually will feel pain if i try to eat what a normal person eats. Honestly speaking, food doesnt really appeal to me, i have lost all interest. If it were up to me, I’d probably starve to death
  • petrova, norwegiana, BonesAshes and 28 others like this
Sw- 125
Lw- 94
Cw- 115
Gw- 105
Ugw- 95

#12 Montana

Montana

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:03 AM

For me, it's an intense lack of appetite. Some days I will have to force myself to 600 and actually really struggle to get there because it feels like I'm eating so much.
  • petrova, MermaidScales, mirrikitty and 15 others like this

#13 Guest_MitragynaSpeciosa_*

Guest_MitragynaSpeciosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:06 AM

Getting a lot of sleep is essential, it lowers cortisol and helps hunger/fullness cues to work in your favor. It also helps your impulse control and mood. Recently I started having a protein shake 2 hrs before my lunch at work and then I only end up eating like 100 cals for lunch instead of the 400 when I high restrict.

The best time to start a new plan or diet is 7 days or so after the last day of your period.

After a while you just get so scared to eat and your list of safe foods dwindles down to nothing.
  • overthin-king, kellysbigbelly, SparrowCorinne and 7 others like this

#14 lemonadevomit

lemonadevomit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:29 AM

High restriction still results in weight loss but low restriction works faster. Also, people who eat that low normally just can't handle the thought of eating any higher. Eating disorders aren't usually about weight loss, it's just a symptom of the illness.

just one thing i dont agree with you here. high restriction and low restriction are equal for me. like i said before: ill lose the same amount of weight eating 200 calories and 1000 calories. 

• samantha.02 likes this

#15 KassieAnnabel

KassieAnnabel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 945 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:06 AM

just one thing i dont agree with you here. high restriction and low restriction are equal for me. like i said before: ill lose the same amount of weight eating 200 calories and 1000 calories.

You need a deficit of 3000 calories to lose 1lb of fat so if you're right it's most likely water weight.
Have you averaged it out over several weeks to accurately compare results? Cos if it's just one day you can't realistically lose in one day.
  • PizzaRat, Teaquick, Skyward and 35 others like this

#16 stonescold

stonescold

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

I honestly just get used to it after a day or two of fasting or low restricting. I don’t even want to eat after a while my body just gets used to it I guess
  • PizzaRat, norwegiana, VaganovaForLife and 14 others like this

#17 BornToMove

BornToMove

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

When I was eating around 200-400 a day, mentally, I would distract myself with my own ambitions and work on self improvement
Physically, I'd drink lots of fluids, mainly water but also coffee and tea and always try to eat a decent breakfast. Usually eat less towards the end of the day
  • Teaquick, RumHam, skinnypusheen and 7 others like this

#18 anorexicduty

anorexicduty

Queen of Hearts

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23354 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

im just wondering how you guys are able to eat so little everyday. like if i eat under 500 calories, ill get really sick and my body will start to reject food if i try to eat. 

another question. please don't get mad at me for asking: but why? for me if i eat 250 calories ill lose they same amount of weight from eating 1000 calories. 

i even lost a pound from eating 1200 calories once. so whats the point of eating like 200 calories daily? 

First to answer the "how" question.

I find if I don't eat regularly it triggers a chain of events in my brain and body.

The result of which is a diminished appetite.

For me personally I feel extreme nausea every morning.

A word of advice, if you eat 200 cals. you'll always lose more weight than eating 1,000 cals.

The lower number creates a higher caloric deficit.

• PizzaRat, Teaquick, Skyward and 18 others like this

Ht.: 5'7" | SW:147 lbs.| CW::125.4 lbs.| BMI: 19.6  
(6-26-2020)

Trump Still Sucks

#19 Åurora-Blake124

Åurora-Blake124

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

For me, it's about volume. I like to eat lots of low cal broth based soup and raw veggies to keep my tummy full and happy with minimal calories. The excess stomach acid can make you feel nauseated, so tums can help with that feeling and you get a calcium boost!

1000 and 200 might not seem that big, but over time it makes a significant difference. For me, 1000 cal a day would make me lose 2.6 lbs a week while 200 cal day would make me lose around 5 a week. Every little bit adds up!
  • echoinmystomach, itsskinneylilslut, norwegiana and 18 others like this

I saw myself sitting in this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose

#20 jellybelly01

jellybelly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

Mines more about control and punishment....loosing weight is a added bonus

I also have OCD, so I cant win. Two obbessive mental disorders, I've hit the jack pot lol. But yes, I don't agreed with the whole 'starvation mode' thing where your body starts attacking muscle....no it starts attacking fat! So your body being hungry fasting makes it get energy from fat.

Also having obbessive, numbers fall into it as well.

Different for everyone
  • PizzaRat, Skyward, 2BeThinEnough and 10 others like this

Age 27  | Height: 5'11"SW 271lbs - 21/05/18 | 1st GW 257lbs  | 2nd GW 230lbs | UW 120lbs |

The only bad workout is the one you didn't do 

------------

it's like i'm on the edge right now, All these voices in my head get loud , wish that i could shut them out. I'm sorry that i've let you down

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calories, food, restricting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users