OVERSHOOT & RELAPSE - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

OVERSHOOT & RELAPSE

Relapse fat weight ana

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Happydays654

Happydays654

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

Last year I went from 69 kg to 59. I am 5 ft 11 and I liked how thin I was. I had a fat percentage of 14%, now I have like 24%. It was a lot of effort and I was always really panicked if food was around but I had it under control. Then I moved to a different country and safe foods weren't as available but I also felt like I was in a better mental state. So I slowly became ok with food, then starting binging ALLL THE TIME now am 78 kg and I need back. None of my clothes fit and I'm disgusting. I let my weight restore fully and overshot and I don't like it. I need to lose weight.

Please any tips and tricks for losing weight ? When I start losing weight I'm motivated enough by seeing weight drop off but now even if weight drops off I'll still be fat so I need other sources of motivation.
Would also love a weight loss buddy xx
  • SkinnyTeddy and CarrotHummus like this

#2 Butterfly_AnaMia

Butterfly_AnaMia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationwashington state, US

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

stop eating except small bites here and there of this and that veggies, coconut oil that kind of thing but no more than one bite every couple hours no matter what it is! No carbs! no sugar! drink a gallon of water a day. drink green tea, aminos, diet coke, coffee, etc. use stevia in stuff to sweeten. weight yourself every morning and measure your waist every few days. track every bite on myfitnesspal and make sure youre getting enouph activity in the day, burning calories and everything.

• youcantbuythin, SkinnyTeddy, Tinywaistpls and 1 other like this

#3 branlew

branlew

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

Do you want to relapse though? Can you try to hold on to that healthy mentality from your weight restore period?

1. Identify what is causing the binges. Stress? Loneliness from your new home?

2. Look at what you are eating and try for healthier food or just weigh your portions out with a scale

3. Try to build a bit more activity into your day (Walking to store)

4. If it's not too triggering maybe use Lose-It app or MFP to track your calories at a high restrict

• ravens_wing, ghost_cat, littlefruitybite and 5 others like this
Spoiler

#4 piggy4

piggy4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

Take it slow!! As of right now, you're comfortable (or at least more comfortable) with food, and I bet your metabolism is doing pretty well. That being said, just start eating healthier and a bit less and let the weight drop naturally. Your body wants you to return to your "set weight" and will help you get there (look up set point theory for more info). If you eat healthy, you will lose the weight AND you won't relapse :) Hope this helps a bit!

• ravens_wing, Peanut*, Ababy and 2 others like this

#5 Ahhlana

Ahhlana

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:53 AM

Going through the same thing
  • sohastar12 likes this

#6 elyseion

elyseion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

It takes a while for your overshoot weight to naturally drop. Just keep going, you're worth so much more than this disorder.
Think about why you wanted to recover, think about where your eating disorder will take you. Think about how much more to life there is than this sickness. 

• eskapim, ghost_cat, SkinnyTeddy and 2 others like this

#7 Guest_kіt_*

Guest_kіt_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:34 PM

for some reason this was in my suggested related section...

i read "OVERSHOOT & RELEASE!"...

and i was like... "YAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI!!!!"

but then i re-read it.

gurl, you need to right attitude.  all diets work if done right, find one that works for your mindset. 

keep telling yourself, if you're under your daily calorie needs for the day, that you'll lose weight even if the scale does not move, cause water will take the place of fat, the release can be delayed.  keep a good count of calories, memorize it so little things get past your knowledge.  keep a calorie deficient to your comfortable level, sure less calories means more weight loss, but if you can't live correctly, then it's too low.  start to love tea or water or lower calorie drinks, i like most drinks at near icy levels.

good luck and you'll get there!  xoxo

• littlefruitybite and coffeemlk like this

#8 Team_DietDrPepper

Team_DietDrPepper

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9010 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

Do you want to relapse though? Can you try to hold on to that healthy mentality from your weight restore period?

1. Identify what is causing the binges. Stress? Loneliness from your new home?

2. Look at what you are eating and try for healthier food or just weigh your portions out with a scale

3. Try to build a bit more activity into your day (Walking to store)

4. If it's not too triggering maybe use Lose-It app or MFP to track your calories at a high restrict

This is like the best advice! I second it all the way  

• Gnome Chompsky likes this

Height- 5'0

HW- 126.8 pounds (March 2020)

LW- 87 pounds (April 2015)

CW- 123.4 pounds   

GW- 96 pounds

UGW-78 pounds

damn-it-im-fat-18331225.png

#9 RelapsingForever

RelapsingForever

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

High restriction. 1200-1800 calories a day. It takes time but it might keep you more or less sane and your GW is easier to maintain when you aren't a starving and malnourished mess. Good luck hun. And 69 kg sounds like a good weight for your height, 59 is probably too low for you. But who am I to judge, right? :D I hope you can find something that works for you
19-year-old girl, trying to maintain her weight(?).
Lbmi: below 12 oof
Cbmi: upper 14s
Height: 5'9/175cm
Weight: 45 kg
LW: 37 kg

Emo hoe for life.
Yee.

#10 Ababy

Ababy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:34 AM

OK, so you've come the longest way towards recovery that you're probably going to get, unless you decide to do the best thing for your metabolism right now. If you restrict, you will slow down your metabolism further meaning that you will find it harder to keep losing weight as you go and easier and easier over the years, to gain it back and more.

You HAVE to try and stick to this phase because for most people the overshoot weight is temporary. It might be a while, but if you have seen the videos and information on this topic, overshoot is the last phase before natural, largely effortless weight loss back to your actual true set point, provided that you do not restrict or over-exercise.

That's a place I'd love to be. Look on YT at Alice Olivia's videos - she explains it all really well. Also look for Hanne Arts.

LW: 26kg Lowest BMI: 9.8   HW: 44kg Highest BMI 16.6 

Current BMI, 15.5

#11 mermaiddreams

mermaiddreams

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationJust another Aussie

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:18 AM

I'm pretty sure that I overshot and then after I'd been at that weight for about 6 months I dropped 7kg (15.4lb) relatively easily. I think that when your body realises that it's not starving it's willing to relax a little and not fight you dropping weight.

• Ababy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Relapse, fat, weight, ana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users