help, Exercises for legs and abs - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

help, Exercises for legs and abs

exercise injury

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GoatBelly7

GoatBelly7

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:45 AM

yesterday I broke both my wrist on my left and my collar bone on the right and so now I can't really use my arms because of the sling and cast.  I'm freaking out right now because I can't think of any exercises to do other than squats and my old exercise routine was really helping.  

Any one have any ideas of exercises to do that don't include using your arms or shoulders?

Height: 5' 8.5"

HW: 145 (forced feeding)

LW: 102

CW: 130

GW: 140  135  130  125  120  115  110  105  102

UGW: 100

Anorexia, depression, anxiety, ocpd

#2 Headshrinker

Headshrinker

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

For legs: squats variations (wide and close stance squats, squat jumps, split squat, bulgarian split squats), lunges, wall-sits, glute bridges.

For abs: crunches, situps, lying leg raises, plank variations.

#3 GoatBelly7

GoatBelly7

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

Thank you so much, I will definitely have to work on these!

Height: 5' 8.5"

HW: 145 (forced feeding)

LW: 102

CW: 130

GW: 140  135  130  125  120  115  110  105  102

UGW: 100

Anorexia, depression, anxiety, ocpd

#4 Kaybug150

Kaybug150

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1988 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

This might sound silly, but for legs, simply walking can make a big difference. The women in my family typically have big thighs, and I've always hated it. I've now been walking almost every night for around three years now, and my thighs are at least somewhat smaller, and I have a much better muscle tone in my legs.

• karmatrash, Hippo2 and RedDeer like this

I have before - I will again.

The scale doesn't lie - people do

HW: 123

LW: 99

CW: 116

GW1: 105

GW2: 99

UGW: 95 / 88

​There's a room inside your gut

​Close the door and keep it shut

​Let no daylight enter in

And the punishment begin

Emptiness is pure. Starvation is the cure.

#5 Fatass2003

Fatass2003

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationLost in space

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

I do a lot of squats because they are quiet and I can do them without getting caught, but I'm scared they will make my legs bigger. 

I'm just a girl

I love being called pretty, but I'll never believe it.

I'm not always right, but hate admitting I'm wrong.

I'm almost always smiling, but its not always real.

I can be read like an open book, but hide so much.

I work hard at things, but don't always get what I deserve

I'm just a girl

Stats in my "about me" page

Accountability: https://www.myproana...accountability/

#6 MachinaEx

MachinaEx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:52 PM

Do NOT do Plank Varieties. If you've got a clavicle and a wrist broken, that exercise will only hurt them more. For abs I'd recommend just sticking to the basic crunches and situps. Keep weight off your arms whatever you do.

#7 karmatrash

karmatrash

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

This might sound silly, but for legs, simply walking can make a big difference. The women in my family typically have big thighs, and I've always hated it. I've now been walking almost every night for around three years now, and my thighs are at least somewhat smaller, and I have a much better muscle tone in my legs.

Was going to recommend this also. Try walking on an incline on the treadmill, max incline at various speeds. Good leg workout!

★★★

height: 5'7"

sw: 165

cw: 160.4 

gw: 118

★★★

fitbit

myfitnesspal

#8 IsopropylMyriad

IsopropylMyriad

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:06 PM

So there's this weird exercise and I don't really know what's called but it's when you squeeze something between your thighs as hard as you can, hold it, and then let go, and repeat.  Kind of like a flex but with like a heavy object being held.  A reverse version of this may be like putting some weights in a box and then moving the box inwards or across your other leg to exercise your inner thigh.  It's just to put weight or emphasis on the inner thigh more than anything and then after you've done that for a bit, stretch your inner thighs a good amount like butterfly stretch, straddles, any inner thigh stretch you can think of.  Idk why but stretching seems to be the thing that helps me make this exercise into something that tones as opposed to bulks muscle on your thigh.  For your abs, the best one I can think of is a reverse crunch.  Lie on your back and lift your legs towards you/up in the air like you're trying to hit something with your feet that's above you.  These are like the only two exercises that have ever actually worked for me in terms of toning that don't involve using your wrists/collar bone.  If lying on your back is too difficult, just do like a V hold or something thats a good minimal workout.  Make sure not to overwork your other wrist while one is healing. Good luck.  Stay safe.  

Be safe but conquer all

#9 mileandtime

mileandtime

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationPawnee, Indiana

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:06 PM

I personally love Nike Training Club (it is an app, currently premium is free too!) and I love the quick core crush. I do it quite often.

CW: ~130 (have not checked in a while)

HW: 145

LW: 130

GW1: 127

GW2: 122

UGW: 115

5'10

this dream isn't feeling sweet

Spoiler

#10 Bill_W

Bill_W

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:45 AM

There are thousands of ideas on You Tube also.

#11 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16995 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

One leg balancing exercises will give a strong central core and tone up a good portion of the body as a lot of muscle goes into balancing.

Just ignore any of the arm movements.

Another great exercise that will get you in shape in no time is simply sitting on the floor and standing back up in repetitions without using your arms and hands.

You can also practice on high leg lifts, and kicks, assuming the kicks don't hurt your injuries.

Standing while bending both knees and straightening them is good exercise.

If you can lie on the floor, you can do various leg exercises.

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exercise, injury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users