Hello/Introduction - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Hello/Introduction

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SilentRoses

SilentRoses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:45 PM

Hello everyone! 

I have joined this forum looking for a sense of community. A lot of people have judged me for my appearance and how I feel about it, and I would like to know people who will not do those things.

Allow me to take some time to tell my story, i'll try to keep it brief:

I have been overweight my entire life, I was always the chubby girl. I didn't have that many friends in school and I was bullied a lot, especially about my weight. As I got older, I put on pound after pound until I found myself at 191lbs. I was struck with shock when I found out that my mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. When that happened, I realized that it could happen to my if I did not change my ways. So I began losing weight. It went well at first, but I have hit a bit of a plateau. I have not been able to go below 155lbs for about 6 months now, and it has been knocking on the back of my head.

I live at home while going to university, and all of the people I live with are morbidly obese and they do not care about their bodies or health. I am regularly surrounded by unhealthy food and often find myself going on binges. I want to lose weight, by healthy, and actually like my body for the first time in my life.

tl;dr: I live in a house that is a bad environment for weight lose and because of my plateauing weight, I am simply looking for a place that understands me better and does not thing I am selfish for waiting to lose weight.

I am more than happy to have conversations with anyone who needs a friend, or even just someone to listen to their struggles. I do not judge anyone, no one deserves to be treated badly...

Anyways, can anyone relate to my situation? Let me know!

Thanks for reading! <3               

• J5Fbr3HcsB likes this

Improving myself one day at a time

weight.png

#2 craphappens

craphappens

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269008 posts
  • LocationCooperstown

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

Hello and welcome to the board.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users