Teachers asking questions - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Teachers asking questions

School anorexia teachers

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 roanoke

roanoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

So, at school I don't go to many of my lessons due to anxiety so I spend most of my time in a learning support room, the past week this teachers been asking me "Have you eaten your lunch?" And obviously I just say yes automatically when I haven't but I'd been in that room all day so she was really confused but I was able to leave as it was break soon after (phew) but that was only one of the times

Others things the teaching assistants have said are like "no lunch again?" "You need to go get some food"
(There's nothing I can eat from the school because I'm vegan and its all shitty food but nobody believes I am tf lmao) but they're really starting to notice now, today my key worker asked what I had for lunch and I had no answer. There was a discussion about "looking fat". In a classroom and I just said "Well I have no comment" and laughed but I guess the teaching assistant didn't find it very funny and now she's even more worried oops

What can I do to stop this??? If it carries on they tell my parents
original.gif

❁ gw: 95lbs cw: 103lbs sw: 117lbs h:5"5 ❁

#2 bunnysyndrome

bunnysyndrome

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

Have you tried the "I just had a big lunch before I arrived"?
Or try to pack something simple like fruit or a sandwich and make sure to eat it in front of them so they can chill.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) mediante Tapatalk

tumblr_static_72dpgu101nok40wowcogw0og0.tumblr_mx3phdYAOq1ren6s6o1_250.pngtumblr_static_72dpgu101nok40wowcogw0og0.

HW: 83.5 kg|184 lbs|BMI 30.7

CW: 66.2 kg|146 lbs|BMI 24.3

LW: 56.0 kg|123 lbs|BMI 20.6

GW: 79.9 kg|176 lbs|BMI 29.3

GW: 77.1 kg|170 lbs|BMI 28.3

GW: 74.3 kg|164 lbs|BMI 27.3

GW: 71.6 kg|158 lbs|BMI 26.3

GW: 68.9 kg|152 lbs|BMI 25.3

GW: 66.2 kg|146 lbs|BMI 24.3

GW: 63.5 kg|140 lbs|BMI 23.3

GW: 60.7 kg|134 lbs|BMI 22.3

GW: 58.0 kg|128 lbs|BMI 21.3

GW: 55.3 kg|122 lbs|BMI 20.3

GW: 52.6 kg|116 lbs|BMI 19.3

GW: 49.9 kg|110 lbs|BMI 18.3

UG­­W: 47.1 kg|104 lbs|BMI 17.3

tumblr_inline_mg16fue1CQ1roozkr.gifDGW: 44.4 kg|98  lbs|BMI 16.3tumblr_inline_mg16fue1CQ1roozkr.gif

‿̬‿‿̬‿‿̬‿‿̬‿‿̬‿‿̬‿‿̬̬‿‿̬‿‿̬‿‿

249fe135afafbed37563fc81b3991f40.gif

divider1.pngdivider1.pngdivider1.png

#3 DemonsInMyHead_x

DemonsInMyHead_x

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

Maybe bring a healthy snack bar in or something that is low cal
  • echobean3 likes this

130,129,128,127,126,125,124,123,122, 121, 120, 119, 118, 117, 116, 115, 114, 113, 112, 111, 110, 109, 108, 107, 106, 105, 104, 103, 102, 101, 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91, 90, 89, 88, 87, 86, 85, 84, 83, 82, 81, 80, 79, 78, 77, 76, 75

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 Guest_kittcat13_*

Guest_kittcat13_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:59 AM

Bring carrot sticks, fruit, something and eat it. It’s not that hardly any calories and if they’re worried it may be warranted. Consider bringing something.
  • SweetSweetSugar likes this

#5 lilshithead

lilshithead

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4114 posts
  • Locationburning in hell

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:22 PM

i mean you could blame it on your anxiety. when i'm super anxious i cannot eat at all even if i'm probably actually hungry

• hippo-hips, anabluess and echobean3 like this

5' 5"

hw: 165 BMI 27.5

lw: 88 BMI 14.6

cw: 99 BMI 16.5

RECOVERING + BUILDING MUSCLE

not a girl

My ramblings/food/exercise stuff:

https://www.myproana...ty-with-thinspo

#6 Salty_And_Sassy_Sarcasm

Salty_And_Sassy_Sarcasm

Advanced Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

Bring something with low calories, tell them your anxiety makes you unable to eat, basically what has already been said. Took the words right out of my mouth, guys
Female

My goals:
Able to count ribs
Able to wrap hand around elbow completely
Double digits
Thigh gap

Sassy, salty, and sarcastic with an appreciation for edginess
I have general anxiety, social anxiety, depression, and anorexia
I was forced to go to a skills group for anxiety/depression, but I don't plan on going to recovery for Ana anytime soon
just here for advice and to meet people struggling like me
Have a nice day and stay safe! 💜

#7 anorexicduty

anorexicduty

Queen of Hearts

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23354 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

So, at school I don't go to many of my lessons due to anxiety so I spend most of my time in a learning support room, the past week this teachers been asking me "Have you eaten your lunch?" And obviously I just say yes automatically when I haven't but I'd been in that room all day so she was really confused but I was able to leave as it was break soon after (phew) but that was only one of the times

Others things the teaching assistants have said are like "no lunch again?" "You need to go get some food"
(There's nothing I can eat from the school because I'm vegan and its all shitty food but nobody believes I am tf lmao) but they're really starting to notice now, today my key worker asked what I had for lunch and I had no answer. There was a discussion about "looking fat". In a classroom and I just said "Well I have no comment" and laughed but I guess the teaching assistant didn't find it very funny and now she's even more worried oops

What can I do to stop this??? If it carries on they tell my parents

You have to stop making comments that the staff are interpreting as anti-food and anti-fat.  I know it's hard but don't give yourself away to the administration.

They could suspend you or make you change schools for health reasons.

Just try to let it all go and be silent so you aren't punished for no reason.

Best of luck baby girl!

• echobean3 likes this

Ht.: 5'7" | SW:147 lbs.| CW::125.4 lbs.| BMI: 19.6  
(6-26-2020)

Trump Still Sucks

#8 ureyelessnow

ureyelessnow

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

Bring a salad maybe? They can be really filling and low calorie. Maybe that can make your teachers chill a little. If they don't, bring a glass of almond milk? That's what I always do so my friends don't notice how little I eat.

• kyuuketsuki likes this
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

#9 Guest_Dean_Winchester_*

Guest_Dean_Winchester_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

What I used to do while I was still in school was go to the cafeteria but I'd give my lunch away to someone else. (Lunch for us at my school was free so there was no guilt about wasting my parents money thankfully) Or I'd pack a healthy lunch and that would be all I ate for the whole day.

#10 Pinkstripedbook

Pinkstripedbook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

You know, this has happened to me too, and to some girls in my class, and I found...

The BEST SOLUTION! 

in a  (relatively)SMALL lunchbox, bring iceberg lettuce. It is a life saver! it has legit only like 15 calories per 100g , and if you only can fit, say...75-150g in your lunchbox anyways... your good! Just make sure to eat slow, drink water(and if you have, use a water bottle that isn't clear and say you have a smoothie, so they think its more calories), And make sure they see you eat it.

Those max 20 calories are calories you will burn off in no-time!

but be careful tho, stay safe<3

• diddybib and ⭐Princess Leia⭐ like this

#11 KatieCalk

KatieCalk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:56 PM

well anxiety gives me nausea so that's always something you could say not everyone eats lunch anyway

• echobean3 likes this

#12 Jen T'aime

Jen T'aime

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:16 PM

A horrible feeling is when your peers are watching you intently, scouting whenever you are in view, if any food happens to approach your lips. It irks me even more so the interrogation they feel they need to follow through with after their visual report has been conducted. "What did you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?" And even worse when they pop these sick little questions; "Are you hungry?", "What do you want to eat?". 
I am so glad my days of dealing with that are over, haha. 
My advice to you, would be to simply fold. They want so badly to watch you eat, and they are not soon forgetting it either. So, if you are to only eat once a day, make it be at lunch during school. Calculate your calories for each meal ahead of time so that you are prepared for it. You don't need to unpack a picnic basket by any means or lay out a feast to get them off of your back, but simply a small, low-caloric meal, and if you are done eating before everyone else, bring a book to read for the rest of the lunch period. It's what I would do.
P.S. Do try your best to keep those ana-ish comments under your hat while in public. It will only raise curiosity among those around you, and the last thing you want is a gang of sleuths after you.
Best wishes.

#13 Phenominalism

Phenominalism

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:22 PM

They are probably only asking because they are wondering why your parents don’t send you with food. Not because you aren’t eating
  • 1234turtle1234 likes this
I don’t speak your kind of English. Sorry.

95_C2_BE90-_A122-4_DD8-9_FA3-5_D17043_F0

#14 honestea

honestea

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3182 posts
  • Locationa tea party with the mad hatter

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

say you're anxious and you feel kinda nauseous from that if you really need an excuse to get out of it

that's how i am during school i'm hella anxious all day every day and get super nauseous 

but you really should eat something during the day, even if it's just some veggies 

it's a shame the bad habits are the hardest ones to break. 

height: 5'4.5

CW: 106ish

tumblr_static_d0dzcysgfpc0w04s4040cssgg.

adventures in honestea

#15 Guest_anonia130_*

Guest_anonia130_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

this happened to me and the teacher told my parents but they already knew, it gets to a point that u get so thin and everyone noticed and gets worried. like the students kept going to the teachers saying i was gonna die. So for now bring a salad but soon theres no hiding it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: School, anorexia, teachers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users