Teachers asking questions - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Teachers asking questions

School anorexia teachers

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 roanoke

roanoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

So, at school I don't go to many of my lessons due to anxiety so I spend most of my time in a learning support room, the past week this teachers been asking me "Have you eaten your lunch?" And obviously I just say yes automatically when I haven't but I'd been in that room all day so she was really confused but I was able to leave as it was break soon after (phew) but that was only one of the times

Others things the teaching assistants have said are like "no lunch again?" "You need to go get some food"
(There's nothing I can eat from the school because I'm vegan and its all shitty food but nobody believes I am tf lmao) but they're really starting to notice now, today my key worker asked what I had for lunch and I had no answer. There was a discussion about "looking fat". In a classroom and I just said "Well I have no comment" and laughed but I guess the teaching assistant didn't find it very funny and now she's even more worried oops

What can I do to stop this??? If it carries on they tell my parents
  • cheerysoda, ThinKaRma, CarrotHummus and 3 others like this
original.gif

❁ gw: 95lbs cw: 103lbs sw: 117lbs h:5"5 ❁

#2 Iamnottomselleck

Iamnottomselleck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

Damn i would bring something low cal and safe with me to snack on for that period.
  • starjasmine, alkaline, blondeintheback and 5 others like this

#3 roanoke

roanoke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:18 AM

I'm taking some fruit ❤️

Damn i would bring something low cal and safe with me to snack on for that period.

• SugarKatX likes this
original.gif

❁ gw: 95lbs cw: 103lbs sw: 117lbs h:5"5 ❁

#4 anorexicduty

anorexicduty

Queen of Hearts

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23354 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:17 PM

I was tossed from a college course b/c I was underweight. I could've stayed if I wanted to start eating.  I just left the course and got frustrated and pissed as a result. 

I'd recommend not getting your teachers curiosity up. They can do damage if they think you're getting too thin. 

They might just tell your parents sooner than you think or make you eat in front of them. 

You really need to handle that situation before it gets out of your control.  B)

• BasicallyHere, CICOpath, blondeintheback and 5 others like this

Ht.: 5'7" | SW:147 lbs.| CW::125.4 lbs.| BMI: 19.6  
(6-26-2020)

Trump Still Sucks

#5 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4463 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

this is late sorry

its funny cos at my school theres also a learning support room or what the school like to call 'centre' lmao, i wonder if all schools have that?

what ive found works best when for going in the learning support, having to stay in at lunch or even getting put in isolation is to just say you ate your lunch during the lesson before. the school WANT you to tell them you havent eaten just to make your life worse, give them the answer they dont want. tell them you've eaten. or just bring some crisps in but dont actually eat them and when your in the learning support just take them out your bag and be like 'look, food. i'm about to eat these okay' - shove it in their face and they can't say shit.

the school gets me so angry lol 

• avachriss, CICOpath, roanoke and 2 others like this

#6 XxSunflowerxX

XxSunflowerxX

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:51 PM

This is suuuuuper late

buuut back when i was in high school i'd get my lunch or whatever and give it to hungry kids/those who want it OR pack a suuuuper light lunch and keep the trash to have evidence to show i ate

• roanoke, SugarKatX, Slender Elegance and 1 other like this

tumblr_ptqjr9xTQL1wtwx8xo1_r1_400.gif

I will reach my goals.
So will you.

Stats below

Spoiler

original.gif

#7 soft*mochi

soft*mochi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Locationmy computer 90% time

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:56 PM

I'd have the same thing. Because of a realization of me being fat from a teacher, I used to think "look teachers, this is what you wanted." and just leave. But of course, i couldn't just say that. And if i told them my problems, I would most likely be asked well then, why are you not skinny then or some crap like that. Teachers but mainly students asked me why I didn't eat during lunch. My excuse would be, a) I ate breakfast and im full,  B) my stomach hurts, or c) my favorite and most clever, I eat when I get home.

Most just nodded their head and looked the other way or resumed the conversation. The others just stared at me and would exclaim, "But thats too long without food!" I'd just shrug and say "I don't get really hungry." Thats what made people give up. 

If you show others you are in control, they wont bother you. Dont EVER hesitate when answering. Thats what makes people know you are weak or unsure about eating. They will offer to even buy you something. I feel terrible when I hate to immediately throw it up before school started again. 

• Framing Alice, avachriss, mayuu~ and 13 others like this

I'm back after literally having a mental breakdown and being almost sent to a therapist sooo i had to eat like how my parents wanted to but my ass is back  ;) Trying to lose it again and more before I start school next year  :blink: *fist bump emoji*

Height: 5ft 3in

gw:110 lbs by August,2019  :wub: 

cw: 129.5 lbs

'Special' Diet status: fast
For how long?: 2 weeks

reason- Science fair :')

Cals per day: 0-40

meal#1: cals- 

?????

meal#2: cals: 0

~4 glasses of water

meal#3: cals: 0

~2 glasses of water

NO JAMMERS AND SOLO STANNERS MUST LEAVE AND YOONMIN IS GOOD  :wub: 

and loving myself is such a journey tbh  :unsure: 

#8 dog.

dog.

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1410 posts
  • LocationThe Dog House

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:51 PM

can't you just tell teachers that you were so hungry you ate your lunch in your last class - that's what I used to do in school. They don't really ask questions after a while, because they figure "oh she's taking care of herself, she just doesn't happen to eat in front of me."

• celinchen likes this

stats 

Spoiler

source.gif

#9 thebitchisback

thebitchisback

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

can't you just tell teachers that you were so hungry you ate your lunch in your last class - that's what I used to do in school. They don't really ask questions after a while, because they figure "oh she's taking care of herself, she just doesn't happen to eat in front of me."

the thing about that is that teachers talk to each other. if they're concerned about your health and you say you ate last period, they'll check in with that teacher. and then they'll know you're lying. lying = something to hide. you've gotta bring something, even if it's small, and eat every single day. fruit, soup & crackers, salad, anything. 

• Choco_Bitch_612, avachriss, CICOpath and 9 others like this

weight.png

tenor.gif

hi! i'm princess. she/her or they/them.

5'6.

#10 Guest_evilkid_*

Guest_evilkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

Say that you used to struggle with it, now trying to overcome it or have mostly overcame it already. Or you could tell them you have hyperthyroidism (causes extreme weight loss) or perhaps you are on an appetite-reducing medication (such as Adderall).

#11 dog.

dog.

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • LocationThe Dog House

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:10 AM

the thing about that is that teachers talk to each other. if they're concerned about your health and you say you ate last period, they'll check in with that teacher. and then they'll know you're lying. lying = something to hide. you've gotta bring something, even if it's small, and eat every single day. fruit, soup & crackers, salad, anything. 

lol wish my teachers cared that much - I used to sit in the hallway against the lockers during lunch and I'd cry because I was bullied at that school - teachers would only stop to tell me that I wasn't aloud in the hallway... so at least your teachers care, that must make for a decent school environment <3

• thebitchisback, avachriss, Thin.is.elegance and 6 others like this

stats 

Spoiler

source.gif

#12 Alissa_25_25

Alissa_25_25

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

Yeah. Some low kcal food or you could take a slice of toast with you , crumble it up and leave some evidence that you 'ate' something. You can leave the crust too to show you have eaten all of that.

Btw, I know how you feel. I once got my math test back and it was a bad grade even though I'm good in maths (please don't hate me). My teacher asked me why I did so bad in that test and I just said I couldn't focus. He asked me multiple times, everyday. Now he thinks I have ADHD. In reality I had suicidal thoughts and was thinking about what I would b/p on at home but ofc I couldn't tell him that. Stay strong
  • roanoke and Slender Elegance like this

#13 vikihabes

vikihabes

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

My school called my mom because I didn't go to lunch for two months. She was super upset, so I said it's because of my social anxiety and now she lets me make my own lunch. School knows about it as well, so they just don't care anymore.
  • roanoke and Slender Elegance like this

CW: 103.8lbs or 47.1kg
height: 5'6" or 168cm
bmi: 16.8

ULTIMATE GOAL: 88lbs or 40kg pleaseeee 

joined on 18/12/18,
came back after 5 months of recovery on 30/7/19

#14 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17840 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

I'd ask if they have a medical degree, and if they say no then I'd tell them to stop asking.

• emptyemotions, Bluefingered, roanoke and 10 others like this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#15 Emy.a

Emy.a

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

I'd ask if they have a medical degree, and if they say no then I'd tell them to stop asking.

Best comment ever xD
  • roanoke and Thin.is.elegance like this

Height: 5'7

HW - 151 lbs

CW - 125 lbs

LW - 107 lbs

GW1: 120 lbs

GW2: 115 lbs

GW3: 110 lbs

GW4: 105 lbs

UGW - 100 lbs ... 99lbs looks really good too tbh :-)

Blog - https://www.mentally...th-a-challenge/

#16 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17840 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

I was tossed from a college course b/c I was underweight. I could've stayed if I wanted to start eating.  I just left the course and got frustrated and pissed as a result. 

I'd recommend not getting your teachers curiosity up. They can do damage if they think you're getting too thin. 

They might just tell your parents sooner than you think or make you eat in front of them. 

You really need to handle that situation before it gets out of your control.  B)

That isn't even legal.

• blondeintheback likes this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#17 periwinklebuckethat

periwinklebuckethat

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationAvonlea

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

No one really cares if I eat or not, there's a lot of kids at my school they're not concerned if I don't eat. One time a teacher asked me about it, but I just did homework during lunch. They just assume that I'm trying to get all my work done before I get home. Sometimes I buy my friends lunch so I have charges on my account so if my parents were to check nothing will be off.

clueless.gif

Current Weight: 127.6 lbs 

Goal Weight: 108 lbs

Ultimate Goal Weight: 85 lbs

Limit: 80 lbs

Lowest Weight: 89 lbs

#18 CarrotHummus

CarrotHummus

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Don't know if it would work but could you collect empty junk food wrappers and store them in your bag so whenever you need, you can leave them out like evidence that you'd eaten earlier??

• roanoke, ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ, hypnoticopy and 1 other like this

Anorexia sucks
Quasi-recovery since 2017

Height: 5 8'
LW: 104lbs (BMI: 15.8)
CW: unknown 

Old accounts: DamagedPsyche and Shootme ✌🏻

#19 Jetstar27

Jetstar27

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:10 AM

Take a thermos with hot water, broth or tea. Say it’s soup. Or tell them to shut their face.
  • alkaline, blondeintheback, Confectiousdisease and 3 others like this

#20 jlswizzle

jlswizzle

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

I'd bring a small salad, piece of fruit, or a small shake.  Or you can just say you ate a big breakfast/ don't feel well.

I only ever had one teacher say something to me.  She was sitting nest to me and said "Woah I can see your hip bone.... Is everything okay"  (She was my Medical Terminology teacher)  The rest I assume noticed, but trusted me enough that I wasn't *cough* starving myself

• Slender Elegance and Emma.Ana like this

GOALS:

150 Ibs  --  Reward:  New Shoes

140 lbs -- Reward:  Haircut

130 lbs --  Reward: Dye Hair

120 lbs --  Reward: Headphones

110 lbs --  Reward: EMT Kit

100 lbs --  Reward:  Waco, Texas

90 lbs -- Reward:  Tattoo

UGW 85 lbs -- Reward: Gumball Machine

Maintain UGW 1 month -- Reward:  Gaming Computer

Maintain UGW 2 months -- Reward:  RECON 2021

Therapist wants me above 120, but closer to 125
"You are in the driver's seat.  We hope that you choose to drive safely and not crash it"  

Stats:

HW: 170 - BMI: 27.4

CW:  kill me  :(   

GW1:  140 lbs - BMI: 22.6

GW2:  120 lbs - BMI: 19.4

GW3: 100 lbs  - BMI: 16

UGW: 85 lbs - BMI: 13.7

UGW for Maintaining 85-110

Current act of Stupidity: My Life, restricting, Physically demanding job, filling up on protein, gum, and caffeine, working full-time, full-time college student

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: School, anorexia, teachers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users