Teachers asking questions - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Teachers asking questions

School anorexia teachers

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Stonerexiccc

Stonerexiccc

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1826 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

lol my favorite thing is how my school required me to show proof of treatment to continue to take classes but don't provide any form of ed treatment on campus even though its the third most common mental illness

#22 Slender Elegance

Slender Elegance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

I think my English teacher is starting to get suspicious. Honestly, can't wait until I get to college because then you don't have people shoving their way in every other minute.

• roanoke and flickerbeat like this

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." - Kate Moss
"Hungry to bed, hungry to rise; makes a girl a smaller size." - Anonymous

"Elation from starvation never knows remorse." -Anonymous

Kik: @x.fromhipstolips.x

IG: @x.m.o.n.o.x

Height: 5'3" [] HW: 160lbs [] LW: 110.8lbs [] SW: 155lbs [] CW: 112.2lbs [] GW1: 105lbs [] GW2: 98lbs [] UGW: 90lbs

I'm acting like I'm okay. Please don't interrupt the performance.

#23 boxedwater

boxedwater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

i make jokes abt my ed a lot around my friend (which makes my ed obvious) and now my mom nows, its a long story.

so yeah

• roanoke likes this

sw: 116cals (22.7 BMI normal)

cw: 105lbs (20.5 BMI normal)

gw: 100lbs (19.5 BMI normal)

gw1: 95lbs (18.6 BMI normal)

gw2: 90lbs (17.6 BMI underweight)

gw3: 85lbs (16.6 BMI underweight)

ugw: 80lbs (15.6 BMI underweight)

-relapsed and happy to be back-

WhimsicalUnfortunateAustrianpinscher-sma

#24 _deadgirlwalking

_deadgirlwalking

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationDepths of despair :-)

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:51 AM

Hey my love, first off i just wanted to say that as someone who spent the majority of their time at school with special consideration, in separate rooms or (the cherry on the fucking cake) in sick bay from severe anxiety, I honestly have so much sympathy for how much pressure there is in school with everyone watching you all the time and trying to interfere with eating. I remember feeling like there was no escape or safety for me: i didn't want to be at home under my parent's supervision and school was even worse bc of the judgement that went on from the other kids (who, by the way, seem to say some really fucked up things without even realising it) and teachers being really intrusive. 

As awful as I'm sure it must be for you now, my love, I promise you it is not forever. Just get through this little shitty period of time and you're home free, and trust me you may not think you can do it but I know you can bc I did.  :wub:

anyhoo some lil pearls of wisdom that could possibly help you out while you're locked in the shithole:  

If possible, try and take yourself somewhere private and quiet for lunch so you can disappear and not have anybody looking over your shoulder, this way you have the freedom to just take a breather and not have to eat anything, or you could eat the little low cal things that you do feel comfortable with. Obviously id what your school is like, but some places that I tried to retreat to were the library or someplace private outside. 

I'd definitely advise you to pack super low cal foods or foods that you are happy with eating such as fruits and veggies and every so often make sure that people can see you eating them. Most people have so ittle understanding of our condition that they will see you eat once and automatically be reassured that you can't have an eating disorder (bc everybody knows that anorexics never fucking eat??? :wub:

I understand that this can't always be possible, but I used to pack a lunchbox from home and then throw it away when nobody was looking, but that way, people have seen you bring in food and when you're asked if you've had lunch you can show them the empty lunch box and just say you ate whatever you threw away. 

Last but not least (before this turns into a full fucking thesis) try and fill up your time as much as possible, the less time you have to eat, the more valid the excuse if you get caught skipping. As naasty as it is, get work done or go to activities during your breaks so that you dont have to eat in front of anyone  :rolleyes:  

Sorry about my long ass reply, I just really wanted to help you, and I hope this has brought you some comfort. I fyou have any questions or ever just need a listening ear, my messages are always open. 

much love xx

• CICOpath likes this

82b51521dc679a3a23890ee1ee66f889.jpg

#25 Daraling

Daraling

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:05 AM

I bet if u were slightly overweight they wouldn’t care, but when someone is slightly underweight everyone starts playing doctors. Typical
  • CICOpath, Thin.is.elegance, ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ and 2 others like this

#26 Empty_Feels_Good

Empty_Feels_Good

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:48 PM

This is suuuuuper late
buuut back when i was in high school i'd get my lunch or whatever and give it to hungry kids/those who want it OR pack a suuuuper light lunch and keep the trash to have evidence to show i ate

I like the keep the trash idea

#27 doing_for_thin

doing_for_thin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:11 PM

Since you're talking about teachers being able to tell your parents, you're obviously in highschool or less. Seriously you should talk to a counselor. I know that's hypocritical since I'm on MPA too, but you're so young and my heart breaks you have this disease. Please try and work on your health, even in little ways because it'll make such a huge difference. If you can get help sooner, you'll have a higher chance of beating this and you know, not dying from it. I'm in my 20's and I hate that I still suffer from this. Take care of yourself.
  • AmalBeauty, ShandiLambrini, mercys___march and 2 others like this

#28 ShandiLambrini

ShandiLambrini

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts
  • LocationINDIANA USA

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

Try: go to the cafeteria when ur supposed to have lunch. (U could bring a lunch bag or snack to sit on the table as a decoy if u feel necessary)
If u don’t have anyone to sit with, or can’t due to your anxiety, bring a book or homework to work on.

In high school, I frequently didn’t eat lunch, I just sat with a friend or two and did homework and no one ever bothered me. I would even sit alone occasionally and do homework and no one bothered me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 Ericamaria221

Ericamaria221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:28 AM

school got all shitty with me about this , 

they sent police to my house because I they thought I was on my last legs of how 'ill' I looked 

source.gif

• CICOpath likes this

original.gif

-hello so I hear you have a interested in this job

-yes I do

-so do you have any talents?

-isolating myself, blaming others, drinking Diet Coke, breathing, failing.. oh and soccer 

-leave 

- ._.

#30 cookiepatches

cookiepatches

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

I don't eat at school. Every lunch I give my meals to my friends. At first they started to say " Why aren't you eating anything? " But after a while they got used to it I guess. Now they're laughing about it like " Oh yeah she never eats anything lol ". I remember one time there was this girl and she saw that I wasn't eating and she said " Why aren't you eating ? " and I just said that I didn't like the food and that I always eat at home after and she replied " Oh yeah that's why you aren't that skinny " and I was like ???? how can you say that to a person who obviously look so scared of eating. 

Yeah, so if they're asking you to eat just buy food and act like you're about to eat and if they're really on your back, just tell them to shut up and that you're fine ! :3

Height : ~166 cm / 5'4

CW : ~50 kg / 110 lbs

I'm French (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

#31 provalonely

provalonely

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

idk bc my school never cared. in fact, i tried to open up to a teacher once, but he said, "you don't look like someone who would struggle with that though." a ha ha. fml

Who are you when no one is watching?

tumblr_static_a2m92yixxr4g0g0koc048kkck.

#32 daintydearest

daintydearest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

I was tossed from a college course b/c I was underweight. I could've stayed if I wanted to start eating.  I just left the course and got frustrated and pissed as a result. 

I'd recommend not getting your teachers curiosity up. They can do damage if they think you're getting too thin. 

They might just tell your parents sooner than you think or make you eat in front of them. 

You really need to handle that situation before it gets out of your control.  B)

they literally kicked you out of the course?? what kind of course was it??

#33 NewlyAna4

NewlyAna4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

I’m so happy for high school this year cause no teachers will know me and so they will just think I always look like I do but sorry that I can’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 Daraling

Daraling

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:06 AM

Pack a sand which then pretend to eat it by ripping bits ifff and putting it in ur pocket or something
  • CICOpath likes this

#35 Daraling

Daraling

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:07 AM

Nothing worse than nosy teachers that genuinely don’t care

#36 *Bitten_Kitten*

*Bitten_Kitten*

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • LocationAsteroid B-612

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:12 AM

My experience with teachers is that they never cared if someone eats or not.

The only time that someone brought my weight, was when my teacher said "I am not surprised that you are often sick, skinny people have harder time fighting diseases..."

I am going to a new school next semester, so hopefully no nosy teachers will be there.

𝔉𝔢𝔪𝔞𝔩𝔢, 🌈, ♉, 🐱

171 𝓬𝓶

𝓗𝓦  59 𝓴𝓰

𝓛𝓦 45 𝓴𝓰

𝓒𝓦 ??? 𝓴𝓰

𝓖𝓦 𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓀

tumblr_inline_mjrhqzkfdj1qz4rgp.gif?w=70

"𝔖𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔩𝔶" 𝔬𝔟𝔰𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔢𝔰𝔶 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔚𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔭𝔞𝔡.

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 𝕴 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖔𝖇𝖘𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖒𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖈 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

tumblr_n0eo6kyg3u1r7y61oo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

barinhas47.giftumblr_lmjk6wnc7g1qh6bfb.pngbarinhas47.gif

giphy.gif

#37 Struggles.daily

Struggles.daily

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:33 AM

My teachers know I have anorexia but they don't try to make me eat because it won't help me at all. They do say things like "you look very sick" or whatever but genuinely my teachers are mostly helpful and supportive
  • cassiatopia likes this

#38 cassiatopia

cassiatopia

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Locationuranus, space

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:43 AM

I'd ask if they have a medical degree, and if they say no then I'd tell them to stop asking.

lmao i love this response AND i love your signature. you crack me up

• seasnake likes this

latina

⤙⤚

i like painting, reading, and writing

⤙⤚

accountability

5'2

hw: 132

cw: 132 

lw: 106

gw: 110

weight goals

Spoiler

#39 Sephine

Sephine

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:00 AM

I always turned this stuff around and directed it at the obese kids. Not the nicest thing, but it seemed like a huge double standard. Sorry, but if you're harassing me you have to harass them too. Fighting with them and winning the arguments actually got me over a lot of social anxiety lol
  • Androgenoussy likes this

#40 Dancinghigher

Dancinghigher

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • LocationDesperation

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

I've literally found the best answer ever. Say that you usually use the bathroom a lot / for a long time after eating & can't risk doing that at school. 

• Teaquick and beep_boop like this

Like MJ's doctor, they killin me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: School, anorexia, teachers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users