Teachers asking questions - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Teachers asking questions

School anorexia teachers

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 SnowAndIce

SnowAndIce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

So, at school I don't go to many of my lessons due to anxiety so I spend most of my time in a learning support room, the past week this teachers been asking me "Have you eaten your lunch?" And obviously I just say yes automatically when I haven't but I'd been in that room all day so she was really confused but I was able to leave as it was break soon after (phew) but that was only one of the times

Others things the teaching assistants have said are like "no lunch again?" "You need to go get some food"
(There's nothing I can eat from the school because I'm vegan and its all shitty food but nobody believes I am tf lmao) but they're really starting to notice now, today my key worker asked what I had for lunch and I had no answer. There was a discussion about "looking fat". In a classroom and I just said "Well I have no comment" and laughed but I guess the teaching assistant didn't find it very funny and now she's even more worried oops

What can I do to stop this??? If it carries on they tell my parents

One question: Is the teaching assistant overweight aka jealous? That having been said (perhaps my comment should have been saved for the rant forum), yes, it is a good idea to bring (And eat!) low-calorie vegan snacks in the 'learning support room,' going forward. Please post a follow-up, after your next encounter w. the teaching assistant. Best of luck!

#42 Guest_PastelPoet_*

Guest_PastelPoet_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

bring something to eat you feel alright with.

#43 g.lina

g.lina

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

My answer is somewhere along the lines of - oh I just wanted to try being vegan, been running with someone they don't know, oops forgot to eat will eat when I get home, and ate too much during breakfast not hungry, or something like I'm a little sick right now. 

158cm/CW 40.4 kg/UGW 36kg

SW: 42kg

HW: 46-47kg 

LW: 38kg

GW1: 39kg

GW2: 37.5kg

UGW: 36kg

Still want these, but my height/bones are more important right now...

#44 Bluefingered

Bluefingered

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2763 posts
  • LocationLarder in a London flat

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

Either quit the support room or bring snacks that you conveniently are always eating around them.

At my school now nobody particularly cares unless it's already something they've noticed, eg I binge purged in the bathroom every day for over a year and never heard a peep but someone reported that I was looking thinner and I was constantly asked if I hated my body/thought I was fat/was trying to lose weight. Fuck off!!!! Haha.

But yeah, nowadays as long as it's not already known they don't ask. And I'm always out of the way during lunch hour so no staff observe me.
  • Bones of a (s)AINT likes this

SPRING / SUMMER 

end of february gw: 51kg/112lbs (bmi 19.4) ✓

end of march gw: 49kg/108lbs (bmi 18.9) ✓

end of april gw: 47kg/103lbs (bmi 18.1) ✓

end of may gw: 45kg/99lbs (bmi 17.3) 

end of june gw: 43kg/94lbs (bmi 16.5) 

end of july gw: 41kg/90lbs (bmi 15.8) ✓ 

end of august gw: 40kg/88lbs (bmi 15.4) ✓ 

AUTUMN / WINTER

end of september gw: 40kg/88lbs (bmi  15.4)

end of october gw: 39kg/86lbs (bmi 15)

end of november gw: 38kg/84lbs (bmi 14.6)

end of december gw: 37kg/82lbs (bmi 14.2)

lw: 37kg/82lbs (bmi 14.4)

hw: 54kg/120lbs (bmi 21)

height: 161cm

Spoiler

Spoiler

#45 VodkaZero

VodkaZero

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

Hate nosy teachers, ugh

#46 Emma.Ana

Emma.Ana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Indiana

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:12 PM

Take a thermos with hot water, broth or tea. Say it’s soup. Or tell them to shut their face.

that would definitely work

Make me thin.

:)

(5'8)

Starting weight- 154.6

Current weight- 146.8

Current goal- 143.0

Current BMI- 22.3

:wub:

#47 skeletalsweetie

skeletalsweetie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2079 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:20 PM

the thing about that is that teachers talk to each other. if they're concerned about your health and you say you ate last period, they'll check in with that teacher. and then they'll know you're lying. lying = something to hide. you've gotta bring something, even if it's small, and eat every single day. fruit, soup & crackers, salad, anything.

Eat some fruit in the previous class then eat some more fruit in the next class. That way when they communicate you’ve eaten in two classes and they won’t get suspicious. Just realised this is super late but oh well lmao

• sometimes they never wanted to hurt you, they just didn't care at all •

she/her 💫fifteen 💫114lbs

#48 Guest_skinnietea_*

Guest_skinnietea_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:26 PM

You know what I’d tell those nosy teachers ?

Well, you see, it’s like nobody’s fucking business.

Sorry, I had to.
  • Thegymbum likes this

#49 Alice_in_Wonderland99

Alice_in_Wonderland99

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:45 AM

I'd ask if they have a medical degree, and if they say no then I'd tell them to stop asking.

This is the most convincing, argumentative and most savage answer!!! Thank you!!!

I will do it to all strangers and ppl who annoy me.

Not a teacher but once a 238lbs guy who is my height who has a crush on me decided to be my food police. He starts saying how l eat too much and lm thin bc my metabolism is fast when l only "eat" coffee in front of ppl and then say l don't eat enough and l will need to eat.
  • seasnake likes this

My name is Bo

Date: Sunday, June 28th 2020

Weight: 87,1lbs

Height: 1m65

I’m on a coffee mono for the next 10 days t0 see if l will have a heart attack at the end of it, I did last year. This year, since l’m always in my room, chances are nobody will discover me in time and l will be dead. I don’t have any reason to die, I just don’t see the point of keep living. 

I am sassy and sarcastic, please don’t take my words seriously ;) I have no intention to offend anyone and if l triggered anyone, my deepest apologies. ED is depressing enough, let sarcasm be the sunshine that keeps us going.

My acccountability 🖤🖤🖤

https://www.myproana...ntability-an-bp

If I ever fall in love, anyone is welcomed to bang my head on the wall as many time as possible, I don’t deserve any. Love makes me stupid enough to believe that I’m worthy of it, which is so wrong in many ways. 

#50 AmIThinEnough

AmIThinEnough

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOut of this World

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:15 AM

I'm in Psych and a couple of my profs are actual Clinical Psychologists. One is actually caring and notices her students so I'm getting worried with the news of that Yale student being kicked out. She didn't say anything to me (I'm not that light) but I intend to lose 20 lbs this semester because of model work.. help?

148-147-146-145-144-143-142-141-140-139-138-137-136-135-134-133-132-131-130-129-128-127-126-125-124-123-122-121-120-119-118-117-116-115-114-113-112-111-110-109-108-107-106-105-104-103-102-101-100-99-98-97-96-95-94-93-92-91-90

#51 Butterflygirl88

Butterflygirl88

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:45 AM

A couple of the comments on this post really annoy me.

You want to starve yourself to death. I get it. So do I.
You want to avoid eating. I get it. So do I.
You want to get so skinny that people notice. I get it. So do I.

But here’s the thing. If you starve yourself, you don’t eat, and you get so skinny that people’s notice they will talk. You can’t have it all your own way. Teachers, doctors, therapists and anyone responsible for the care of a child has a “duty of care”. That means if you show the hallmark signs of an eating disorder they are legally obliged to report it in order to protect you. It’s actually a good thing that they care so much for you. I don’t see it as being nosy. I’m more concerned about the thousands of teachers out there atm who are ignoring students in obvious distress - too blind or too lazy to do anything about it.

I get it that you hate the interference and this post is a way to vent. I get that. But I do hope that deep down you can respect the fact that someone cares enough for you to try to help.
  • deltazero and oujisama like this
“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.”
― Lao Tzu

HW ever: Too ashamed to say! 😢
HW this year: 75kg (after relapsing and regaining weight)
Current weight unknown because I’m too scared to weigh myself. Afraid I’m bigger than my HW. Feel so miserable.
GW1: 70kg ❎
GW2: 65kg ❎
GW3: 60kg ❎
UGW: 55kg ❎ I will be happy 😃. All of my mental health issues will magically disappear.

#52 skeleton aiden

skeleton aiden

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Locationthe scale (new york lmao)

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

that gerber baby food puff shit every ana eats lmao

"NEVER GIVE UP"

aiden, he/him

inpatient x1, relapse xထ

self harm, depression, anorexia, anxiety, adhd

5'8"

sw - 155, lw - 139, ugw - 100

everyone should read this

accountability

#53 ~strawberry.milk~

~strawberry.milk~

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDrowning in sweet cream~

Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

the thing about that is that teachers talk to each other. if they're concerned about your health and you say you ate last period, they'll check in with that teacher. and then they'll know you're lying. lying = something to hide. you've gotta bring something, even if it's small, and eat every single day. fruit, soup & crackers, salad, anything. 

Your right, also your signature is making me hungry lmaooo i love Rilakkuma!

Stay safe love  :D 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: School, anorexia, teachers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users