please help me stop this binge - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

please help me stop this binge

binge purge binging

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ♡wintergirl♡

♡wintergirl♡

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

i've been binging almost every day for a week. i'm losing progress i've made and i can't seem to stop myself i don't know what to do i feel like such a disgusting failure

• Vega22, lemonsareliars, evropahrynja and 1 other like this

"I am the space between my thighs, daylight shining through."

#2 🌙 Koishi Komeiji 🌙

🌙 Koishi Komeiji 🌙

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:35 PM

I feel you. I'm also struggling with binging for almost 2 weeks, I plan to get back to restriction... starting tomorrow!
Maybe try to spend 1 day on something which you had planned but spend time on eating instead of this. For me, it's drawing and finishing commissioned works... If you didn't make any plans - do it now! Write to-do list with things which you'd like to do and start! Yoga/stretching? Cleaning/organizing space? If you have any pets, you could play or just spend time with them. 

• sleeplessinmanhattan, ash~doll, Depression blue and 3 others like this

height 163 cm | 5'4.5

LW  37,4 kg | 82 lbs
CW  40,0 kg | 88 lbs

GW  35,5 kg | 78 lbs

tumblr_static_elxujryuw1s0g4ksc8gc4448c.

#3 cravingboness

cravingboness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

start back with high restricting (1200-1500 calories) and drink water. seriously. try to drink as much water as you can while you eat your meals and after you're done. 

it should really fill you up and you'll lose the urge to binge

• snow pigeon, Sunnygirl86, lemonsareliars and 7 others like this
130 129 128 127 126 125
124 123 122 121 120 119
118 117 116 115 114 113
112 111 110 109 108 107
106 105 104 103 102 101

#4 Bellaboobaby

Bellaboobaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:08 PM

Okay my dudes!

when I was on holiday with my family  was stuck in this tiny awful cottage and we all fought really badly and my anxiety was through the roof to the point where I actually started binge purging properly for the first time. when I got home I tried restricting but you are used to a certain amount of food and blah blah blah so it didnt work and i inevitably binged in the evenings. 

what worked for me is my anti binge coffee!

4 tsp instant coffee 70ish cal?

1 tsp cinnamon 7 cal

1 cup of soy or almond milk 101 cal or 60 if you get soy light

4 cups of water

you simmer it all in a pan until the cinnamon is incorporated, then I wait for it to cool a bit and por it into a jug I keep n the fridge. It makes 4 coffees that I have morning afternoon and night either when im 'fasting' or on very light days. I did a day where I just drank 4 of these with lots of water just to sort my body out before going back to eatng my normal safe calorie intake and I was good to go! I now have one or two a day just because they are lovely!

Alternatively when I have been binging for a long period of time I will start breaking my binges up into 'meals' so I'll have that giant bowl of cereal for breakfast with full fat soy, a big bowl of cheesy gross pasta for lunch and then my dinner. Eventually I end up swapping out the junk and the binge food and slowly acclimatising to restricting again so it's not such a shock to the system.

• Missy's daughter, 49kg_goal, soodictator and 13 others like this

HW: 138
LW: 106
CW: 112
GW: 103  :wub: 

#5 Tecna

Tecna

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13428 posts
  • LocationKitchen, binging

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

start back with high restricting (1200-1500 calories) and drink water. seriously. try to drink as much water as you can while you eat your meals and after you're done. 

Water loading is a reality and it can be too damaging, I know it personally. :/

• ThatFatBastard likes this

Obese

BED diagnosed

BMI: >40

Daily binge eater with huge binges more than once a day

** Not my first account **

-- // --

Find me on the social networks above!

FACEBOOK

@mybingeeatingdisorder

(https://www.facebook...eeatingdisorder)

@theyinyangnature

(https://www.facebook...heyinyangnature)

INSTAGRAM:

@im.misspiggy

(https://www.instagra.../p/CCTMRSBpTfv/)

@mybingeeatingdisorder

(https://www.instagra...eatingdisorder/)

beverages.jpg

#6 ThatFatBastard

ThatFatBastard

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationOldbaynia

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

Water loading is a reality and it can be too damaging, I know it personally. :/

If you don't mind, can you elaborate on the effects? Just as an example. I've never heard of this being an issue and as someone who uses water to curb cravings, it concerns me. :o 

• MobyDickface likes this

Fitness, video games, and generally being a goddamn goof. 

Diagnosed EDNOS, and I guess I'm fucking bulimic now so that's great, that's just fucking beautiful.

#7 Tecna

Tecna

• Accountability access
  • 13428 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:35 AM

If you don't mind, can you elaborate on the effects? Just as an example. I've never heard of this being an issue and as someone who uses water to curb cravings, it concerns me. :o

Look at "potomania" or "waterloading" or "drink too much water" in google.

The worse is death.

Obese

BED diagnosed

-- // --

FACEBOOK

@mybingeeatingdisorder

@theyinyangnature

INSTAGRAM:

@im.misspiggy

@mybingeeatingdisorder

beverages.jpg

#8 ThatFatBastard

ThatFatBastard

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationOldbaynia

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:48 AM

WHOA I gotta Google things more often, my bad. It's 2018  :lol:

Jesus though, that's really bad. :( Thank you for increasing awareness!

Diagnosed EDNOS, and I guess I'm fucking bulimic now so that's great, that's just fucking beautiful.

#9 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

Yes!! This is great advice! This is exactly what has helped me get out of a bad binge cycle and those are HARD to break.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#10 Guest_érable_*

Guest_érable_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

pour yourself a hot bath and light some candles! Maybe play some music, like from a calm playlist or some relaxing songs you like. While you're waiting for the bath to fill, brush your teeth and wash your face. If you have extra time and are worried you will use this time to binge, follow a short restorative yoga video or force yourself to follow a short guided meditation. Then get all nakey and slip into the bath! If you have any fancy salts or bath bombs or salts, use them too. Shave your legs and armpits and everything (if you're somebody who chooses to shave) and scrub down your whole body. Wash your hair if you want, then just chill in the bath.

When you come out, take some lotion and put it on every inch of your body. Every bit of skin gets a drink! Then get yourself a drink- get a nice tall glass of water and drink it as fast or as slow as you want, and let the lotion sink in. If you can manage going in the kitchen to boil the kettle for some tea, do that. If the kitchen isn't a safe place to be, don't worry. Go up to your room and pick up a book you've been wanting to read for a while and never have the time for. If reading isn't your thing, strip your bedsheets and put new ones on. If it's late enough for you to be going to bed, try to sleep. Your skin will feel so soft and smooth against your fresh bedsheets, too! If you can't sleep and aren't against the idea, try using one or 2 nighttime sinus pills or medication known to make you drowsy. I don't recommend using this to fall asleep on a regular basis, but when you really need to avoid a binge it can help.

EDIT: If you don't have a bathtub, you can still shower! Just make sure when you're showering that you try to give your body and skin all the TLC it deserves (even if you don't think it deserves it)

• asdya, ryliee and ThatFatBastard like this

#11 Maria Sophia

Maria Sophia

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:54 AM

You're not alone!  I am angry at Bulimia for lying to me that I could eat what I want.  I learned nothing, and put myself backwards.  I liked this video tonight.  I am learning a lot about the health of fasting, and even though I still am eating too much, trying intermittent fasting has helped, and I will continue to try to do that.  Best of luck to us all!  hugs all around.  :) <3

• Jassi likes this

Spoiler

#12 Tecna

Tecna

• Accountability access
  • 13428 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

i cant even stop mines

Obese

BED diagnosed

-- // --

FACEBOOK

@mybingeeatingdisorder

@theyinyangnature

INSTAGRAM:

@im.misspiggy

@mybingeeatingdisorder

beverages.jpg

#13 ThatFatBastard

ThatFatBastard

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationOldbaynia

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

i just try to distract myself as much as I possibly can. Sometimes I'll watch obesity documentaries. I'll take a shower, put on music, flip between netflix shows and the second they lose my interest, find another show. If I can, I go outside too. It's fucking hard, can't say I'm always successful. 

#14 autumnx

autumnx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Unfortunately distraction doesn't do much for me. If you're like me, your emotions could have a lot to do whit your binging. I would try to find what triggers my urge to binge and write it, or express it in some way. And you might not even realize that you're feeling something when you want to binge. And the "purpose" of a binge is just that, distracting you from your real problems. If you don't wanna binge again, you could try to go to the root of the problem to get rid of it for good. After all, this is only  symptom of a bigger problem, it's your brains way of numbing you out.

Whenever you feel like binging, just stop for a second, take some deep breaths and ask yourself why you feel this way. If you don't find anything in particular, ask yourself what happened today, this week etc. that could've triggered it.

Ad this way, you might actually understand the reason behind your behavior better, and being more "well-prepared" for the next time you get the urge. I find it's better than distraction in the long run.

• shrinkingviol3t and flickerbeat like this

height: 170 cm

cw: 70 kg

BMI: 24.2

hw: 70 kg

lw: 56 kg

gw1: 59 kg

gw2: 55 kg

gw3: 52 kg

ugw: 49 kg

#15 Guest_Carla596_*

Guest_Carla596_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:41 AM

Stay strong

#16 Guest_whyskinnyfeelssogood_*

Guest_whyskinnyfeelssogood_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

First of all, make sure you are eating, allow yourself. I'm talking 1200-1400 cal a day, divided into 3-5 meals.

Your body and mind need to understand food is around.

If you're restrictng and binging, take a little rest. Don't restrict and over-exercise for a while. 

I'd say just have some food you like and make sure you're eating fats - they helped me stop bingng. A tablespoon of coconut oil goes a long way.

Seriously!

Treat yourself with respect. If you're so hungry, feed yourself actual food, not cookies only. Have proper meals and see the difference.

• quarterflash50 likes this

#17 Tecna

Tecna

• Accountability access
  • 13428 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:15 AM

pour yourself a hot bath and light some candles! Maybe play some music, like from a calm playlist or some relaxing songs you like. While you're waiting for the bath to fill, brush your teeth and wash your face. If you have extra time and are worried you will use this time to binge, follow a short restorative yoga video or force yourself to follow a short guided meditation. Then get all nakey and slip into the bath! If you have any fancy salts or bath bombs or salts, use them too. Shave your legs and armpits and everything (if you're somebody who chooses to shave) and scrub down your whole body. Wash your hair if you want, then just chill in the bath.

When you come out, take some lotion and put it on every inch of your body. Every bit of skin gets a drink! Then get yourself a drink- get a nice tall glass of water and drink it as fast or as slow as you want, and let the lotion sink in. If you can manage going in the kitchen to boil the kettle for some tea, do that. If the kitchen isn't a safe place to be, don't worry. Go up to your room and pick up a book you've been wanting to read for a while and never have the time for. If reading isn't your thing, strip your bedsheets and put new ones on. If it's late enough for you to be going to bed, try to sleep. Your skin will feel so soft and smooth against your fresh bedsheets, too! If you can't sleep and aren't against the idea, try using one or 2 nighttime sinus pills or medication known to make you drowsy. I don't recommend using this to fall asleep on a regular basis, but when you really need to avoid a binge it can help.

EDIT: If you don't have a bathtub, you can still shower! Just make sure when you're showering that you try to give your body and skin all the TLC it deserves (even if you don't think it deserves it)

LOVED THISREPLY

Obese

BED diagnosed

-- // --

FACEBOOK

@mybingeeatingdisorder

@theyinyangnature

INSTAGRAM:

@im.misspiggy

@mybingeeatingdisorder

beverages.jpg

#18 quarterflash50

quarterflash50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:38 AM

Such caring replies, people leave.  It's good to see so many of us help another out with ideas, and gentle advice. Life is SO hard! I come here to read other's experiences with food/body image/stress....essentially life's problems. It helps me feel less alone in the pain & struggle. I too, binge (a binge for me is:  any food that isn't planned, and is eaten mindlessly rather than mindfully). Honestly, I binge alot. But then find my center again, but then lose my center and binge again. Round and round I go. By age 50, I have learned that as life gets harder (mom & dad are elderly, beloved pets die, the house needs costly repairs, my body shows it's years,my dream of a great career is dead, and I know the cost of more schooling and the competition of the work world is crushingly impossible,  my hubby and I don't have the energy we once did, life is payed for paycheck to paycheck, the child is grown....sigh) all these difficulties keep arising, and I accept that my eating and body issues won't ever get cured. The binge-filling ones self with gorgeous- sweet flavours- is all that I want sometimes. It's a chance for temporary oblivion no?  I don't know-I guess, accepting that we may not be able to fend off a binge is okay sometimes :wacko:  I learn..... one day at a time, that I can get up, dust myself off, and try again. One thing is certain.... Life has humbled me. I have no answers. Only experience... :(

• asdya, ablackfatrat, shrinkingviol3t and 1 other like this

#19 dabbl

dabbl

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:43 AM

It's a curse, the only thing I know is day by day distraction.ig takes 66 days to form z habit, less to curb purging in my experience. Can't say it wont come back but it's your actual brain craving what it needs. That's why it's not your fault. eventually you will retrain your brains desire for the rush of chemicals. its not an imbalance,that crap is not proven about anything, just habits your brain moulds too and makes you do.Mine always stress building for days until it becomes habit..once you start it forms extremely easily..for me anyway.
  • flickerbeat and sweet-lilac-tea like this
a c c o u n t a b i l i t y🥛☕ "goddess Ana" and I are here for Liquid April.
.what..no solids, yes that's right. Then we get to enjoy the muscle and bone ache in our jaw once we chew again. woot woot.
lhttps://www.myproana...1-liquid-april/

#20 Guest_Mizha_*

Guest_Mizha_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

i've been binging almost every day for a week. i'm losing progress i've made and i can't seem to stop myself i don't know what to do i feel like such a disgusting failure

I've done that recently as well, but don't worry you can stop it. Now, firstly, get (sugar-free) gum, green tea and black coffee. Have these at first, and enjoy them while you play games or talk to someone or something. And then for the intense, unstoppable binges, go immediately to fruit and veggies. Slice them into very small, but not minuscule, pieces. Also, oatmeal is very good and fills you up quickly. Or plain yogurt (in small batches). Stay safe, my love. And p.s talking to someone on the phone or via text helps me, like I can just go to my friends and get lost in a conversation for an hour or two or three.

^_^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binge, purge, binging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users