Ways to stay motivated to stick to a diet? - Page 7 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Ways to stay motivated to stick to a diet?

ana diet motivation help

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#121 tiredgirl

tiredgirl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3657 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:14 PM

i use calorie counters and losertown and envision what id look like at each goal

• unworthyliving likes this

5'3

HW: 190 SW: 160 CW: 120.8 GW1: 140 GW2: 130 GW 3: 120 UGW: 110

#122 pickles312

pickles312

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3621 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:21 PM

One thing is to try to be reasonable and chose a diet that you can stick to. For me, I set a calorie/macro/exercise range. As long as I stay within that range I can’t be too upset with myself but if I hit the top of the range one day, I get it to the middle or lower the next. Just keep trying and don’t give up. Also, personally I always use the word “Diet” because that’s what it is. I’m adjusting what I’m eating and what a person eats is the actual definition of diet. I can’t trick myself with different terms. It’s just what I’m eating and I’m on a “diet” because I’m fat and trying to watch my figure. I do well with facts. I log everything into cronometer.
  • monorhetorical likes this

#123 💗 Muscle Barbie 💗

💗 Muscle Barbie 💗

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1183 posts
  • LocationAt the gym, working my a** off

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:29 AM

• Eat nutritional food
  • Don't cut too many calories at once - make small deficit over time
  • Make the diet more flexible (80% diet - 20% foods you like) so you won't binge
  • Calculate the macros your body needs

#124 MadForGarlic

MadForGarlic

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14569 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:31 AM

Write your journal

I love self-experimenting and trying various ideas and making previous plans so it works

Spoiler

#125 mayflowerxx

mayflowerxx

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:34 AM

For me,  being depressed decreases any appetite lol.

but when I'm not so upset, seeing my man is triggering bc he likes to lift me up and I feel so heavy unless I'm under 100 lbs for him. I also like to go to the mall and see all the pretty clothes and realize I won't fit in them unless I stop eating

• dotcom likes this

#126 youshouldseemeinacrown

youshouldseemeinacrown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:25 PM

For me: intermittent fasting while doing restriction. Sounds like a double threat but the IF actually makes restriction much easier. I used to be very binge-prone, and in my opinion, any diet is an effective diet if you stick to it (likewise, even the best diet wouldn't work if you binge and don't stick to it). So IF does wonders to me because doesn't matter if I'm doing keto or low fat or plain old calorie counting I know I won't go off track. 

#127 Guest_Skinnyminny95_*

Guest_Skinnyminny95_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:07 AM

I pick something that works for me. Its uncomfortable but not miserable. I only diet monday- friday, Saturday & Sunday are maintenance days.

#128 littlemly

littlemly

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

I choose a themed diet! It helps me as I get to focus on more than just eating. For example, I'm on the princess diet right now. Each day is a new princess, each day is different and has a meal plan. I love it, instead of counting calories I'm just following a list of rules!

I'm planning on making a Fairy and a Ballerina themed diet, as this princess one has got me really inspired!

• StarWing likes this

#129 VodkaZero

VodkaZero

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:26 PM

make it not 'I have to do it' but 'I want to do this'!

• earlgreytea likes this

#130 Leo101

Leo101

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:44 PM

Imagine having a chubby face. Sometimes if I go up 2 pounds after a big meal or just with water weight I feel it in my face lol
  • dotcom likes this

#131 Guest_indurated_*

Guest_indurated_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

my method:
i set a limit (<1200) eat 200-400 calories before dinner, curb my appetite with a lot of water, diet coke/coke zero, coffee, tea, let myself have treats (i eat dark chocolate a lot as of lately, it’s very rich so it’s hard to eat more than a square or two), make everything as sugar free as possible- i eat sugar free chocolate, use sugar free syrup, etc etc
i make sure i eat enough protein and fat (i’m vegan so it’s hard).
i used to high restrict but i have no appetite as of recent but usually i let myself eat as i’m hungry as long as it’s under my limit.

#132 ohwellherewego

ohwellherewego

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationmena masoud's bed

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:57 PM

make a countdown, moodboard or something visual to keep you focused on your goal

#133 monorhetorical

monorhetorical

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Location☾ the belly of the beast

Posted 22 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

take it one moment at a time, 

let yourself be hungry but choose 

whether you eat or not. slow down 

and look at thinspo, and chat with us <3

• infinitenothing likes this

⁺˚*・༓☾ stats ☽༓・*˚

Spoiler

.・゜゜・ please stay safe. ・゜゜・.

#134 thatdepresseddyke

thatdepresseddyke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:17 PM

maybe make an album of thinspo to look at when you get cravings, you could also find a ed buddy to hold you accountable. if your diet is too low in cal you WILL binge so make sure you are eating an amount that you can function and stay healthy on. For me (when I first started restricting) I started with 2000 a day and I naturally became less hungry until I reached 900 cal a day. I felt a lot more stable and it wasn't hard to get off track. Also if you have a craving for something eat it in moderation or your cravings will just become worse. For me I have peanut butter cravings a lot so ill just have a table spoon or two and for ice-cream ill have a pint or enlightened or halo top. I haven't had a proper binge/purge set in over a year doing this:)

height: 5'7

hw: 138 

cw: 120ish?

lw: 105 

gw: 110:)

#135 oujisama

oujisama

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1452 posts
  • Locationa moon

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:52 PM

I've tried thinking in a lot of different ways, such as "it isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle." However the mindset which has worked best for me is that you WON'T stay motivated on a diet. You aren't going to wake up every day always feeling driven by your goals. But in spite of that, you stick to it anyway. It's hard to articulate so I know that doesn't quite make sense but I guess a good example is from someone I was watching in a YouTube video (iirc it was Romee Strijd? idk, I was watching a lot of videos from a lot of people when I couldn't sleep a few nights ago) that said they didn't like getting up and exercising in the mornings, and still don't, but now because they've pushed themselves to do it, they continue to because it's just what they do.

I guess it just boils down to forming habits. I started working out every day and now it's just something I do without much effort- in my head it's gone from "I need to go to the gym" to "ok, time to go to the gym now." Having repetition and scheduling things for the same time every day can also help give your whole life structure and make your diet easier to work with because you will have the same general times to eat. The same goes for amount and what foods you decide to eat.

• earlgreytea, tsuchiren and 𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 like this

daht2n9-657ce722-bb23-416b-baff-44836ee4

d86kpls-359c10b8-1779-4663-b5ec-7066fd2d Height: 162.5cm - CW: 55kg - GW: 41kg - UGW: Happy d72ad6c-f22ee36a-6e1f-4eb7-a1df-f422ac15

My Accountability Thread

#136 Guest_Road97_*

Guest_Road97_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:29 AM

Make sure it’s the right diet?

Is it a diet you can do when you are at your lowest point.

At the end of the day, it’s either you want it and will complete your diet or you don’t want it. Someone once said “ road you find excuses or you’ll find a way”

#137 Butterflygirl88

Butterflygirl88

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 984 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:36 AM

Well, my ED keeps me on my diet. However, to cut out binging I high restrict with a set meal plan and eat at least 100calories every two hours (by the clock). I also allocate as many baby carrots as I want to eat between that if I’m peckish.
“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.”
― Lao Tzu

HW ever: Too ashamed to say! 😢
HW this year: 75kg (after relapsing and regaining weight)
Current weight unknown because I’m too scared to weigh myself. Afraid I’m bigger than my HW. Feel so miserable.
GW1: 70kg ❎
GW2: 65kg ❎
GW3: 60kg ❎
UGW: 55kg ❎ I will be happy 😃. All of my mental health issues will magically disappear.

#138 dotcom

dotcom

Sage

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:29 AM

Watch Snake Juice Diet Guy on YouTube.
Sent Via Truth From Heart

#139 fatm3ss123

fatm3ss123

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:34 PM

Plan out what you’re going to eat the day before and stick to it

Take progress pictures

Drink water and black coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#140 Melcam

Melcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

Take pictures of your body fat, make sure you look as fat as possible, (eg. stick out you stomach, scrunch so you can see rolls) and look at them before eating.
  • annabbird likes this

Height- 5’3.5
SW- 115lbs
LW- 69lbs

HW- 155lbs
CW- 134lbs
GW- 85lbs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ana, diet, motivation, help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users