HOW TO STOP THREADS/POSTS APPEARING MULTIPLE TIMES - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

HOW TO STOP THREADS/POSTS APPEARING MULTIPLE TIMES

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Librarian of Sass

• Super Moderators
  • 32118 posts
  • Locationamphetamine logic

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:16 PM

Please note I am basing this on the desktop MPA and 'full version' on mobile - I have yet to experiment with Tapatalk etc. 

The main reason content is appearing multiple times is because users are clicking the post new topic/reply button more than once. This is usually as someone may think their content has not gone through - 99% of the time it has. 

Therefore, before you hit post thread multiple times (leaving forums untidy/a lot of merging to be done), please go and check in the forum first before you hit the button again. If you are concerned about losing the content in your thread/post then simply copy it so it's in your clipboard. You could even open the forum in a new tab to see if your content is there! 

I know this is frustrating, but there is nothing I can do about it - I don't think this is an easy fix for admin either. 

• rivalmascot, girl-with-the-most-cake, vampivy23 and 3 others like this

#supermod

pirate-radio crackle and cassette fuzz

[I was Rolling Stone’s “Hot Bukowski.” I was the toast of the town. I was puking flowers afterhours; I was letting everybody down]

ybYsYet.jpg?1

I write sometimes

#2 girl-with-the-most-cake

girl-with-the-most-cake

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:07 AM

Tapatalk

In my experience, there is a "cannot post your reply" or "error submitting your content" message popping up quite often. What you need to do is ignore it. In 99% of cases your topic / reply has been posted successfully but for some reason Tapatalk doesn't get it.

• Bibliophile, rivalmascot, MindOverMatter21 and 2 others like this

can't believe I'm 25 and still here

she / her 

#3 Amilea43086

Amilea43086

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

This just happened to me. Thanks for letting me know! I'll be sure to refresh the discussion page to see if it has posted. Sorry about any problems I may have caused.

#4 m3ow

m3ow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:01 AM

I think I may have just double posted. Anyway to delete a thread? Anyways, thanks for he heads up. (:
  • lurkerkramer likes this
5’2/97

#5 certainly_cerulean

certainly_cerulean

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:56 PM

Thanks!

#6 HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey

Advanced Guru