HOW TO STOP THREADS/POSTS APPEARING MULTIPLE TIMES - Technical Support - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

HOW TO STOP THREADS/POSTS APPEARING MULTIPLE TIMES

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Librarian of Sass

• Super Moderators
  • 32118 posts
  • Locationamphetamine logic

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:17 PM

Please note I am basing this on the desktop MPA and 'full version' on mobile - I have yet to experiment with Tapatalk etc. 

The main reason content is appearing multiple times is because users are clicking the post new topic/reply button more than once. This is usually as someone may think their content has not gone through - 99% of the time it has. 

Therefore, before you hit post thread multiple times (leaving forums untidy/a lot of merging to be done), please go and check in the forum first before you hit the button again. If you are concerned about losing the content in your thread/post then simply copy it so it's in your clipboard. You could even open the forum in a new tab to see if your content is there! 

I know this is frustrating, but there is nothing I can do about it - I don't think this is an easy fix for admin either. 

• AndThen, taion and Phat⛧Witch like this

#supermod

pirate-radio crackle and cassette fuzz

[I was Rolling Stone’s “Hot Bukowski.” I was the toast of the town. I was puking flowers afterhours; I was letting everybody down]

ybYsYet.jpg?1

I write sometimes

#2 Rebelliousthin

Rebelliousthin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:39 PM

it does it even without clicking it multiple times for me. its really annoying tbh

#3 AndThen

AndThen

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13209 posts
  • LocationOregon High Desert.

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

it does it even without clicking it multiple times for me. its really annoying tbh

Interesting to hear that now these multiple posts seem to be happening all by themselves.

It's been like a plague recently, that's for sure.   :wacko:

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

#4 Rebelliousthin

Rebelliousthin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

my computer is super laggy and likes to multiply things. even when i do something on fb it does the same thing. i dont think its the site for me

#5 AndThen

AndThen

• Accountability access
  • 13209 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

my computer is super laggy and likes to multiply things. even when i do something on fb it does the same thing. i dont think its the site for me

Laggy, eh ?   Weird to think that that would do it.    I wonder if that's the same issue that's behind a good percentage of all of the other multiple post issues that have been happening here ?

Because you certainly aren't the only one who's ending up with multiple posts.   :wacko:

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

#6 sami114

sami114

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

Literally just happened to me in the EDNOS group. My post is up like 6 times.... please fix it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 Yakima

Yakima

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:44 AM

Please note I am basing this on the desktop MPA and 'full version' on mobile - I have yet to experiment with Tapatalk etc. 

The main reason content is appearing multiple times is because users are clicking the post new topic/reply button more than once. This is usually as someone may think their content has not gone through - 99% of the time it has. 

Therefore, before you hit post thread multiple times (leaving forums untidy/a lot of merging to be done), please go and check in the forum first before you hit the button again. If you are concerned about losing the content in your thread/post then simply copy it so it's in your clipboard. You could even open the forum in a new tab to see if your content is there! 

I know this is frustrating, but there is nothing I can do about it - I don't think this is an easy fix for admin either. 

I tried to edit my new thread today, and when I checked the Forum, it ended up being posted three times. I tried to delete two versions, but was unable to. Is there a way I will be able to delete my own new Post / Topic. My new topic can be found in Fasting and Cleansing. If I can't do it myself, would you please delete two versions. Thank you.

Starting weight: 141  (Aug/2019)     Ugghh! 2019 has been the worst. It's not even about the weight, it's a toxic poisoned sick miserable and                                                                       sluggish  141.

CW: 123.8  (02/01/2020)    119.7  (02/02/2020)

The journey to me is more about my fucked up mind, my insane addiction to food, and to take control - of ridiculous eating habits. Still, I feel better at a lower weight.

#8 DeadBlackLittleEyes

DeadBlackLittleEyes

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:53 AM

I just made my first post & iy posted 3 times ): Idk how to delete either

#9 AndThen

AndThen

• Accountability access
  • 13209 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:04 PM

I just made my first post & iy posted 3 times ): Idk how to delete either

Don't sweat it, people do it ALL the time.  If you want to change the title of the extra ones, click "Edit" and then use the "Use full Editor" option, which lets you do that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users