No more hunger! Swallowing "safe" objects. - Pica Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

No more hunger! Swallowing "safe" objects.

Pica marbles glass rocks pebbles gems cotton balls

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Trans*_Denver_FtM

Trans*_Denver_FtM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

We've all heard of the girls who swallow cotton balls in order to curb their hunger. Sometimes, the fibers block the intestines, leading to life threading conditions that result in surgery and/or death.

For years now, I've swallowed small pebbles, marbles, and glass gems for the main purpose of feeling full. Occasionally, I've been able to add a few pounds to my frame before before being weighed at the doctor's office.

I was wondering, do any of you swallow any other types of objects in hopes of alleviating the hunger pains? I'd love to hear about your experiences.

#2 graceyj

graceyj

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

Deleted

Sorry didn't realize this is in the pica discussions! 

~ Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

http://starving-andsad.tumblr.com/

#3 petit pois

petit pois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:05 AM

Well I like paper.  It doesn't taste like much (so it's hard not to like) and I find the experience of eating it quite soothing.

I used to eat it a lot when I was upset.   It takes a while to chew and i like to really rip in to it with my teeth ... I need some water to swallow it though.

Be emptier and cry like
reed instruments cry.
Emptier, write secrets with
the reed pen.

- Jelaluddin Rumi

#4 Guest_Spiderman_*

Guest_Spiderman_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

when i was in 8th grade and my eating disorder was just beginning, i would eat paper during school. just a little here and there. it helped.

dude i was messed up even then. thinking about it, i would skip breakfast, only have a carton of milk for lunch, and then eat a very small dinner. i have been doing this for way too fucking long.

• Jamie_ likes this

#5 Guest_Morrisseyesque Twat_*

Guest_Morrisseyesque Twat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Sometimes, the fibers block the intestines, leading to life threading conditions that result in surgery and/or death.

Tehe.

• resistorregret, magastromancy, saetia v-neck guy and 2 others like this

#6 yourstyle

yourstyle

Omniscient

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6442 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

I love dirt, sand and clay. I drink 'earthy' teas now to try and satisfy the craving :)

#7 Katyalanalove

Katyalanalove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

Paper I used to do it much more paper and wood but I was very low on iron this is apparently a symptom of vitamin/ mineral deficiencys or hormone imbalance.
  • GhostGal likes this

#8 GhostGal

GhostGal

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

Paper I used to do it much more paper and wood but I was very low on iron this is apparently a symptom of vitamin/ mineral deficiencys or hormone imbalance.

Yep, same issue as you when I was 13-14... Severely anemic and ate enough paper to probably reprint the bible. Horrible intense cravings - (I wanted ice like that too) - worse than pregnancy cravings, worse than cigarette cravings - I don't know how else to describe it. Weird eh!
  • Lav11 and User_is_Offline like this

3rd time is a charm right?

image.jpg

low_carb_sign.jpg

weight.png

#9 Katyalanalove

Katyalanalove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

Yep, same issue as you when I was 13-14... Severely anemic and ate enough paper to probably reprint the bible. Horrible intense cravings - (I wanted ice like that too) - worse than pregnancy cravings, worse than cigarette cravings - I don't know how else to describe it. Weird eh!

I was about the same age maybe a bit younger too but my mum totally knew she just got angry and thought i was crazy not very helpful right? I know about the cravings uh I used to do it constantly and especially old book paper all my books had ripped off corners and there was this wooden box I used to love the smell of and nibble the corners of.
  • nayc likes this

#10 Lav11

Lav11

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:11 AM

mmm paper, glue, i also used to chew on fabric.....

i did the cotton balls for awhile.... sooo embarassing when i think about it now....  :(

Feel free to message me at any time! I love to chat! 

tumblr_mgxhzsTnLv1rikzn0o1_500.gif

#11 kanashii

kanashii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

I used to eat paper a lot as a kid, now that I think about it. I still do sometimes. When I was younger, I used to have a notebook full of lilac pages with stars printed on them, which I was certain tasted loads better than ordinary paper.

• sipthesoup likes this

CW: 124.5lb

GW1: 120lb

GW2: 110lb

GW3: 107.5lb

GW4: 100lb

GW5: 98lb

GW6: 90lb

GW7: 77lb

The Tamagotchi Diet Challenge (Day 10 / 10/3/15)

Hungry

Happy

♡♡

post-121196-0-36188200-1423929678.gif

Total: ♥ x39

tumblr_n5izh2mi9z1s1zat0o1_500.gif  jamie-king-thigh-gap.gif

#12 illustrated

illustrated

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

Cotton balls are a bad idea - they aren't actually "balls" but a bundle of fibers that spread out into threads as they make their way through your digestive tract. The treads could tangle around important internal organs and require surgery to remove. :/

#13 TakeMeToChurch

TakeMeToChurch

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2156 posts
  • LocationAoshima

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

Just a question, what happens to your bowel movements after eating pebbles? I eat tissue because I like the taste, and I used to eat bath sponges because they are literally the best texture/taste ever and I get really constipated and bad pains so I can't imagine eating pebbles.

#14 Lav11

Lav11

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Cotton balls are a bad idea - they aren't actually "balls" but a bundle of fibers that spread out into threads as they make their way through your digestive tract. The treads could tangle around important internal organs and require surgery to remove. :/

Yeah, i didn't actually know that at the time and I was quite young.. But the divers would constantly get caught in my throat as I tried to swollow them

Feel free to message me at any time! I love to chat! 

tumblr_mgxhzsTnLv1rikzn0o1_500.gif

#15 Guest_BuckKid🐐_*

Guest_BuckKid🐐_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

We've all heard of the girls who swallow cotton balls in order to curb their hunger. Sometimes, the fibers block the intestines, leading to life threading conditions that result in surgery and/or death.

Yeah, I know the girl you are talking about! She swallows the cotton which turns into threading in her intestines. Her name's Milly.

#16 Trans*_Denver_FtM

Trans*_Denver_FtM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

Whoops, typo. Threading should have been threatening.

The bowels experience isn't too bad in itself, but sewage systems definitely don't like rocks. If you want any more details, just pm me haha
  • toukakouka likes this

He/Him/His

CH: 5'8
HW: 186.2
CW: 155.0
GW: 149.8

#17 highfalutinbaby

highfalutinbaby

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

Oh my god, the idea of swallowing cotton balls terrifies me just because I'm sure I would choke, but I did eat bits of paper when I was young, even before I developed any signs of an eating disorder. I wonder if it was some subtle precursor or just a weird "sometimes kids eat weird things" type thing.

height: 5'0"

HW: 120

LW: 90

CW:  ??? 

GW1: 105 pounds

GW2: 100 pounds

UGW: 95 pounds ??? or until my measurements are 33-23-34

110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100 99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 90

Days binge free: 0

#18 Vincent Price

Vincent Price

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6342 posts
  • LocationHunting Wabbits

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Just like a lot of others: for me it's paper.

(But idk about the title of this thread.  This shit ain't "safe," no matter which way you slice it.)

• idontgiveashat likes this

tumblr_nx82elstqV1sscqwxo1_400.gif

#19 Cymmetry

Cymmetry

Faceache

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15128 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

How are these things coming out the other end?

bta85nc.jpg

#20 resistorregret

resistorregret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:48 PM

I chew and sometimes eat paper to curb hunger. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pica, marbles, glass, rocks, pebbles, gems, cotton balls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users