Guilt Over Not Breastfeeding - Page 2 - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Guilt Over Not Breastfeeding

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 mythics

mythics

A Rock

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts
  • Locationneptune

Posted 27 April 2020 - 09:24 AM

You should try lactation cookies, you can either buy them or make them homemade with a recipe online. They helped me the thing is though you have to have them often for it to help. First time I ate them my supply increased by like 3 or 4 ounces. I also have milkmaid tea which helped. Flaxseed also helped me. I would put it in my oatmeal for breakfast.
You can get the cookies from walmart, target, amazon. The ones I used are from a brand called munchkin milkmakers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Those are exactly the cookies I use, and I have the milkmaid tea in addition to taking fenugreek and sunflower lecithin. I also have a lot of other foods that support and help produce milk but I feel like the more I try, the less i get. I even ordered special flanges for my pump and it doesn't seem like they're helping at all. At this point I'm going to give it a few more weeks and then throw in the towel because its not worth the stress and physical pain, my breasts and nipples are torn up. I'm driving myself madb over it and the external pressure I've received from nurses and lactation consultants are making it worse @[email protected]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

burned.

#22 Jazzylyn_

Jazzylyn_

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationGa

Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:02 PM

Those are exactly the cookies I use, and I have the milkmaid tea in addition to taking fenugreek and sunflower lecithin. I also have a lot of other foods that support and help produce milk but I feel like the more I try, the less i get. I even ordered special flanges for my pump and it doesn't seem like they're helping at all. At this point I'm going to give it a few more weeks and then throw in the towel because its not worth the stress and physical pain, my breasts and nipples are torn up. I'm driving myself madb over it and the external pressure I've received from nurses and lactation consultants are making it worse @[email protected]

Aw yea I know that can be frustrating. My supply took a while to come in when I first started out and now its dying down. I'm lucky to pump out 2 ounces these days. I made it to 6 months (nearly 7) though so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. The cookies and tea and stuff can only help so much. I'm just glad I got to breastfeed at least for a little while. Dont be too hard on yourself ok girl.

• mythics likes this

HW: 195 (ew)

CW: 182

LW: 130

GW1: 175

GW2: 165

GW3: 150

GW4: 135

GW5: 120

UGW: 115-105 :D

"If you really want something you don't stop for anyone or anything until you get it" - Blair Waldorf

#23 mythics

mythics

A Rock

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts
  • Locationneptune

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:37 PM

Aw yea I know that can be frustrating. My supply took a while to come in when I first started out and now its dying down. I'm lucky to pump out 2 ounces these days. I made it to 6 months (nearly 7) though so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. The cookies and tea and stuff can only help so much. I'm just glad I got to breastfeed at least for a little while. Dont be too hard on yourself ok girl.

Deffo trying to not be too hard on myself but as with all things as you know, it's easier said than done some days, I really appreciate the support

burned.

#24 TwiggyBow

TwiggyBow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:42 PM

I've been breastfeeding my baby girl for 6 months now. The ED is creeping back in and I'm trying so hard to find a way to lose weight yet keep my supply. Its tricky balance bc the only way I'm any good at losing weight is through starving. Honestly considering ending my breastfeeding journey bc despite me doing everything I can my supply is still getting low. I'll nurse but then still have to give her a bottle bc she didnt get enough. I've tried breastfeeding cookies and teas to increase my supply. Its helped some but only if I continuously take them. I feel pretty good about making it this far but I was really shooting for the year mark.

I know you posted this a few weeks ago, but in my day job I am a HCP specialized in Lactation support and infant feeding and if you want some support or questions answered I’d be happy to try to help <3 Same for anyone else, if you have BF questions (Or formula or solids, I work with families on all aspects of infant feeding) I’ll help how I can. <3

#25 TwiggyBow

TwiggyBow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

My little dude has a latching issue and because of that I'm unable to breast feed. I pump and he gets breastmilk that way, but my supply is nowhere near what it needs to be for him to exclusively live on that, so he gets like half breastmilk, half formula. He needs a sensitivity/allergy formula (Similac Alimentum) which is even more frustrating because if my supply was up to par he obviously wouldn't need that. I am SUPER self conscious about my milk supply and am doing everything I can to increase it. I feel so guilty and bad about it. When I was pregnant, all I wanted to do was be able to exclusively breastfeed or at least make enough to pump and bottle feed it exclusively. My husband tells me not to beat myself up about it so much, but with many things, easier said than done. UGH

Again, I’m a bit late to the party, but just wanted to offer that pumping is so so hard, but I might be able to offer some Ideas/suggestions you may not have tried if you are interested. No pressure though. You are doing an amazing job by offering any amount of your milk! xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users