Dress your age? - Page 5 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Dress your age?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 Salad-Princess*^

Salad-Princess*^

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:43 PM

I like Dresses and leggings and mostly hoodies and leggings I hate wearning things that are "for my age"

Highest weight = 245lbs
Height: 5'5

Start Weight =☆ 233.6Lbs☆

☆226.4☆ 19/2/2021

☆224.8☆ 10/3/2021

☆222.7☆ 23/3/2021

☆ 222.3 ☆ 7/4/2021

#82 sambali

sambali

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:08 AM

I wear whatever I want to wear! Glad lots of people on this thread agree! 

I love dressing in vintage style, which I think looks classy but also playful. 

The only real difference in my style as I've grown up is that I'm able to afford nicer things! 

Height: |167cm

HW: 67kg | BMI: 23
LW: 45kg | BMI: 16
CW: 49.2kg | BMI: 17.6

#83 journeyerr

journeyerr

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:17 AM

i dress trendy enough - living and working in the NYC area means this is a must-do

the consignment shops are good here with up-to-date affordable high-quality pieces

but the exception is mom jeans. why are they in style? they make everyone's butt look saggy and thighs look fat, no matter how thin you are. now I feel old for preferring skirts/shorts or skinny jeans/leggings. guess I'm old after all.

• buddingstem likes this

#84 journeyerr

journeyerr

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1242 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:21 AM

How?? I can only buy clothes in the kids section. 

But nobody gives me crap about it I am really small (as in short) and I look extremely young, and it works for me. 

you didn't have to flex so hard

• spookies likes this

#85 buddingstem

buddingstem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1191 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:23 AM

i'm 30 next month and currently wearing this so:

green-dinosaur-hoodie-with-spikes-rebels

• fite.or.dontfite and GiveNoFox like this

daq7od3-8588f225-c3ca-48ce-8691-64cae589

accountability: whine in the city

#86 buddingstem

buddingstem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1191 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:25 AM

i dress trendy enough - living and working in the NYC area means this is a must-do

the consignment shops are good here with up-to-date affordable high-quality pieces

but the exception is mom jeans. why are they in style? they make everyone's butt look saggy and thighs look fat, no matter how thin you are. now I feel old for preferring skirts/shorts or skinny jeans/leggings. guess I'm old after all.

I live in Brooklyn so I feel as though that makes it a bit more ok to wear more kiddish looking stuff. Like people just assume I'm a quirky artist or an actual child since I'm only 5 ft tall. I think if I lived/worked in Manhattan I'd have to care more (and will do after I graduate in May which I'm not looking forward to in that regard tbh)

• journeyerr likes this

daq7od3-8588f225-c3ca-48ce-8691-64cae589

accountability: whine in the city

#87 blood.like.mercury

blood.like.mercury

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:32 AM

I used to dress up for work everyday. Since quarantine, I look like a groupie for Journey. (Joggers, oversized tee, and a jean vest most the time bc then I don’t have to wear a bra.)

I wonder if I’ll go back to dressing up, I work remote soo it’s not needed but dressing up a little makes me feel more confident

#88 peachpanda

peachpanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:43 PM

I'm a stay-at-home mom so I can pretty much wear whatever I want! I'm pretty casual, though, nothing too crazy, but I don't like tailored clothes or dresses or neutrals regardless of how "mature" they are. About 5-6 years ago I went through a phase of trying to be "adult" and "stylish" and learning what's currently "in," and now I regret getting rid of so many of my cool t-shirts! I believe in dressing appropriately for the setting, and showing respect for the situation, but I also don't believe you MUST dress a certain way or give up clothes you love solely because of your age. I've steered away from certain things because I worry I'd look like I'm trying to be "young and hip," but that's just my choice after considering how others might perceive me and deciding that I don't want to be perceived that way. If you don't mind, then keep on keeping on! 

5'4" // HW: 138 // CW: 126  // LW: 112 // GW: 100

2C8lLoO.gif

#89 Jellicent

Jellicent

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:37 AM

I'm 33 and I wear a pretty basic streetwear style in black/greys. Definitely not what someone my age "should" wear. No one gives me shit about it, but even if they did I honestly wouldn't care. 

I bought these clothes with my money and no one has any room to speak on whether or not I can wear something or not lol

We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

5' 7”

HW: 360 (bmi 56.4)

CW: 163.2 (bmi 25.6)

GW 1: 160 (bmi 25.1)

GW: 130 (bmi 20.4)

UGW: 100 (bmi 15.7)

#90 ChoadSmoker

ChoadSmoker

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 02:29 PM

I think I dress too young for my age. I'm 36 and don't have a single "professional" outfit that a businessman lady would wear. My hair is long and crazy curly and I have freckles, and I basically haven't changed my style one bit since I was in my early 20s. Tbh most people still think I'm that old. I get carded regularly and people at school have had really awkward reactions to my actual age. I would like to look more grown up but the idea of doing my hair and makeup all the time and not wearing sneakers every day is not something I can see keeping up for any length of time. I walk A LOT and can't see changing my habits to accommodate a more polished appearance.

#91 Oyster.kisses

Oyster.kisses

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationUSA 🇺🇸

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:02 AM

Do you dress your age?

If not, do you get any shit about it from anyone?

Do you care if so?

I'm 37, admittingly i dress like a girly/feminine late teen/early 20ish style clothing & accessories etc

My friends that are girls seem to get on my case alot about it, rather hostile it seems really. Personally i feel its b/c they are mad that they feel they "have" to dress their age....for their lifestyles i suppose (jobs, to keep up w/ certain grouos they're involved in etc) & also they seem to cut me down Alot esp in summerwear. ~i dont comment on their choice of dressing so this rather upsets me. Other than it upsetting me a bit b/c they're suppose to be friends, i dont care about what the public etc thinks. Its the way i feel most comfortable & feel the most Me :)

Sounds like they are hating on u Bc they are jealous . Keep doing you 💝🙏
Discord- Doublezero00#7396
Insta - @amberjeannice

#92 Oyster.kisses

Oyster.kisses

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationUSA 🇺🇸

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:14 AM

Do you dress your age?

If not, do you get any shit about it from anyone?

Do you care if so?

I'm 37, admittingly i dress like a girly/feminine late teen/early 20ish style clothing & accessories etc

My friends that are girls seem to get on my case alot about it, rather hostile it seems really. Personally i feel its b/c they are mad that they feel they "have" to dress their age....for their lifestyles i suppose (jobs, to keep up w/ certain grouos they're involved in etc) & also they seem to cut me down Alot esp in summerwear. ~i dont comment on their choice of dressing so this rather upsets me. Other than it upsetting me a bit b/c they're suppose to be friends, i dont care about what the public etc thinks. Its the way i feel most comfortable & feel the most Me :)

Sounds like they are hating on u Bc they are jealous . Keep doing you 💝🙏
Discord- Doublezero00#7396
Insta - @amberjeannice

#93 not_my_body

not_my_body

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2021 - 12:22 AM

I'm 36 but wear clothing from my 20s. I hadn't actually thought about if I dress my age before but I'm very isolated so I rarely see people and don't care.

But saying that, it's not like I walk around my apartment in a boob tube top and a mini skirt or something similar.
"Now you see, the world is full of temptations. They are wrong things that seem right at the time" - Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio.

High restricting is the way for me because slow and steady wins the race. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you end the day on a calorie deficit, you have won.

Height: 5 foot 7 / 171cms,
Highest Weight: 180 pounds / 82 kgs, (BMI 28.0)
Lowest Weight: 85 pounds / 39 kgs, (BMI 13.3)

ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT (again): 85 pounds / 39 kgs OR LOWER!!!

#94 blacknailsandcorsets

blacknailsandcorsets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:16 PM

I get a lot of shit for how I dress, how I do my makeup, and how I don't cut my hair that is a giant mess that slaps my butt when I walk and makes me look feral lol. I honestly don't care and I don't see why should I care. I don't like how most people dress, but it's their business, not mine. I don't treat them as authorities on what is the Only Right Way to dress, so I just ignore them. Being autistic helps I guess, to just have no clue why people would bother. Just let people express themselves and live, no-one will live your life for you so be whoever you want to be. I do see some lines to be crossed, like I would not go out to a funeral in full BDSM outfit, but if I am not making anyone uncomfortable why should they get to complain how I carry myself.

Plus now that I'm almost 30 I finally have my life together and resources to buy all the stuff I've always wanted, but my parents would say no, or I would have no money for it when I was a poor student. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. If I survive to old age I'm going to be 80 and still an inappropriately gothic grandma who scares children.

Sounds like they are hating on u Bc they are jealous . Keep doing you

^ This. Don't let bitter people strip you from your originality and personality, just because they themselves feel trapped in conformity. You can instead be the inspiration to abolish idiotic social rules.

There will be blood.

All that you touch you change.

The past is never dead. It's not even past.

#95 Maps1331

Maps1331

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:47 PM

I always dressed younger and always enjoyed it but i just got a huge promotion and im now petrified on how to dress.

#96 resserrer

resserrer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:33 AM

Aim to be stylish instead of trendy / youthful and you'll never go wrong, you also won't look dated in old photos!

#97 rcanina

rcanina

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted Today, 01:21 AM

feel more conservative

#98 EllaMay

EllaMay

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted Today, 07:46 AM

Dress how you want. It’s YOU that chooses the clothes, pays for them, wears them, etc. why the heck is it anyone else concerns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ℓ٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥υ, EM

110-109-108-107-106-105-104-103-102-101-100-99-98-97-96-95-94-93-92-91-90-89-88-87-86-85-84-83-82-81-80-79-78-77-76-75-74-73-72-71-70-69-68-67-66-65-64-63-62-61-60-59-58-57-56-55-54-53-52-51-50-49-48

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users