Run Accountability Thread - Page 11 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Run Accountability Thread

• Please log in to reply
3088 replies to this topic

#201 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:37 AM

Awww sorry to hear, hope you’re okay

Thank you hun! How is school going ?
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability
https://www.myproana.../#entry68599917

#202 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:41 AM

Ran 16 miles! Fractured toe barely hurt. I broke it more towards the top right (pinkie left toe) this time around. Walking on it, even jogging would be OK according to the doctor I saw (herself a runner), just to listen to my body and not jog or walk too much it if I hurt.
It was a wet run this morning. Weather.com said the conditions were foggy this morning...Ha! Try mist to rival Niagra Falls with light rain. I am lucky my electronics didn’t fry. Warm temperatures though, 60s and 70s, same tomorrow, but 50% chance rain. I hope I will be able to run.

Wet runs are nice if the air temp is warmer. I did my first half marathon in rain.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#203 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

11 miles today.  Wanted to go longer, but I was tired, toe hurt a bit.  And it was foggy/misty/lightly raining.  The climate here does tend to be rainy, but so much warm rain without a cold front behind it in winter is unusual.  Not to mention, running on the wet pavement and sidewalks is always a bit tricky because of having less traction.  Temperature has been in the mid-to-high 60s, humidity near 100%.

Grocery shopping today, which I loathe.  I haven't lost weight recently, really, but I've gotten a lot leaner.  I got a pair of jean shorts today, girls' size 12.  I love fitting into small clothes, especially kid sizes :) I do keep wishing I'd lose more weight, but IDK, maybe this is a stupid set point and probably a point it's best not to go lower than for my family's sake anyway.  I should just junk the stupid scale.

But I know I won't...sigh.

• missntgdenuf likes this

Height: 5'4"

CW: 96 lb

HW: 140 lb (pregnancy)

LW: 80 lb

UGW: 92? maybe?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#204 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:26 AM

11 miles today.  Wanted to go longer, but I was tired, toe hurt a bit.  And it was foggy/misty/lightly raining.  The climate here does tend to be rainy, but so much warm rain without a cold front behind it in winter is unusual.  Not to mention, running on the wet pavement and sidewalks is always a bit tricky because of having less traction.  Temperature has been in the mid-to-high 60s, humidity near 100%.

Grocery shopping today, which I loathe.  I haven't lost weight recently, really, but I've gotten a lot leaner.  I got a pair of jean shorts today, girls' size 12.  I love fitting into small clothes, especially kid sizes :) I do keep wishing I'd lose more weight, but IDK, maybe this is a stupid set point and probably a point it's best not to go lower than for my family's sake anyway.  I should just junk the stupid scale.

But I know I won't...sigh.

Stay safe hun hope your toe gets better!

What is ur usuall safe food shopping list ?
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#205 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:28 AM

Sorry forgot . 3 mile run today not much but hope to do better tomorrow.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#206 raineyxo

raineyxo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:32 AM

Im having a run-free day today because I'm sensing Im starting to get a minor tendon tear in my iliotibial tract, so I need to rest to avoid injury, as Im approaching a very important competition. I will only do a brisk 3k run and then some stretching exercises to help in my secondary sport - figure skating. Tuesday is complete day off from running because its my figure skating day.

Next "real" run practice will be on Wednesday and it will be something like 32-35k, need to start upping my mileage to get below 3:20 on my next marathon

Dreading the last weeks prior to major competitions, because it means I will have to increase my intake and now Im soooo close to being "shit, she's really skinny"-thin

When people treat me like a ghost,

I might as well be one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainey

#207 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:01 AM

Stay safe hun hope your toe gets better!

What is ur usuall safe food shopping list ?

Fresh fruit (right now mostly just apples, oranges, barlett pears, sometimes grapes if they don't look bad); summer has more berries in season for cheaper, peaches (lots of peaches are grown locally in this area of Texas, very small tasty plums too, I love those).  Then the usual for salads: lettuce, spinach, celery, grape tomatoes (taste better than regular cherry tomatoes), bell pepper (try to get the colored ones; they have more vitamins than green), carrots, mushrooms, sometimes radishes, red onion, skim milk (whole family prefers skim luckily).  Baked chips (husband likes those), pretzels, Powerade Zero, Cherry Coke Zero, lean beef, chicken breasts for cooking, things like that.  Of course, I have to buy some things I do not want to for my husband (lunch meat, cheese, bread, Goldfish - don't really eat those though, no desire to, ice cream).  That gets hard.  Then the super easy non-triggering stuff (K-cups coffee, regular, cat food & treats, shampoo & stuff like that).  Had to search forever for 9V battery for the smoke detector in the kitchen, and that didn't fix it, so now I have to find a smoke detector; I hate hanging them because I am short, even standing on a chair).

• missntgdenuf likes this

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#208 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:06 AM

Im having a run-free day today because I'm sensing Im starting to get a minor tendon tear in my iliotibial tract, so I need to rest to avoid injury, as Im approaching a very important competition. I will only do a brisk 3k run and then some stretching exercises to help in my secondary sport - figure skating. Tuesday is complete day off from running because its my figure skating day.

Next "real" run practice will be on Wednesday and it will be something like 32-35k, need to start upping my mileage to get below 3:20 on my next marathon

Dreading the last weeks prior to major competitions, because it means I will have to increase my intake and now Im soooo close to being "shit, she's really skinny"-thin

Ice skating sounds awesome!  I wish I could do that!  But I'm an absolute klutz on ice skates, roller skates too for that matter.

I'd love to run a marathon, at least train for one, but the nearest training is in Houston, and I get nervous & panicky driving the crowded freeways.  A lot of people don't know this, but Houston is actually the 4th largest city in the U.S., and its sprawl is huge.  Traffic is a nightmare, construction, one way streets near downtown construction blocks off.  I just can't drive it eve though it is 30-45 min. away, depending on the part I need to go to or traffic.  

Do you know of a good marathon training app?  I can run 10-15, sometimes 17 miles, but I am not fast.

#209 raineyxo

raineyxo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:26 AM

Ice skating sounds awesome!  I wish I could do that!  But I'm an absolute klutz on ice skates, roller skates too for that matter.

I'd love to run a marathon, at least train for one, but the nearest training is in Houston, and I get nervous & panicky driving the crowded freeways.  A lot of people don't know this, but Houston is actually the 4th largest city in the U.S., and its sprawl is huge.  Traffic is a nightmare, construction, one way streets near downtown construction blocks off.  I just can't drive it eve though it is 30-45 min. away, depending on the part I need to go to or traffic.  

Do you know of a good marathon training app?  I can run 10-15, sometimes 17 miles, but I am not fast.

Dont worry about speed on your first marathon tbh. It should be an enjoyable, fun experience. Besides you always end up running a lot faster than you've anticipated, because of the atmosphere, the general mood and the crowds cheering! I love it so much. If I can recommend anything, is to do a "big" marathon with a lot of spectators and participants, and do it during the correct season, pref. spring because then the weather is a little better, there's sunshine and you're more free to wear whatever suits you. In the fall it may get very cold and then you end up being over-dressed or under-dresssed..

I was a complete disaster on ice skates/rollerskates too, but everything can be learned! Now I love it so much, it's like flying, and an unique way to express yourself.

I don't really use any app, just strava for motivation and logging my mileage. 

I might as well be one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainey

#210 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:27 AM

A sweat-drenched 12.5 miles at 70F and 93% humidity, roads and sidewalks super slick, fog everywhere.  I really wanted to make 13 or 14 miles, but I think if I didn't come in, I would have collapsed. I was struggling a lot the last mile.  Some days are like that. I really wish we'd stop having so much fog/mist/light rain at these temps.  Makes running absolutely miserable!

• savannah27 likes this

#211 saint_anything

saint_anything

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1905 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:38 PM

Sorry I've been neglecting my running this last week due to family trouble.

But today I did 5km in 30minutes which for me is great since two weeks ago I was running 3km in 30minutes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  • savannah27 likes this

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f

#212 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1684 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

4.0 miles on the treadmill before work this morning. I have a 10 miler race in May. My best time for that race is 1:17

it's been awhile since you felt right, 

but the warm nights are coming soon 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#213 raineyxo

raineyxo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:41 AM

I was supposed to only do a brisk 3k yesterday and some stretching. Well it turned into an extremely fast 5.2k in 20 minutes!! So today.. absolutely no running, need to save my energy for my long ass run tomorrow, 32-35k. Will do figure skating today though, but only like 45 mins

I might as well be one.

Rainey

#214 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:08 AM

3.7miles today
  • savannah27 likes this
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#215 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1684 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:05 AM

6 miles in 48 mins today on the treadmill before school. I wanted to run longer but my foot started hurting. I might need to get rid of these sneakers
  • missntgdenuf and getsmall like this

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#216 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

Got in 10 miles this morning, but my daughter is sick.  She'd been running some low grade fever off & on since the weekend and not eating as much as usual, but last night her fever got to 102F, and she was very lethargic this morning.  Took her to the doctor, and she has both strep & the flu.  She can't return to school until she's been fever free 24 hours.  The doctor said the best case scenario would be on Wednesday, but more likely Thursday or Friday or even Monday.  It's hard when you have a sick child, and you can't really do anything to make them feel better.

• raineyxo and missntgdenuf like this

#217 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1684 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

Thank you hun! How is school going ?

School is going well, just super busy and stressful. I'm in my second year of law school, so I'm halfway done law school, which is nice lol 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#218 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1684 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:12 PM

Got in 10 miles this morning, but my daughter is sick.  She'd been running some low grade fever off & on since the weekend and not eating as much as usual, but last night her fever got to 102F, and she was very lethargic this morning.  Took her to the doctor, and she has both strep & the flu.  She can't return to school until she's been fever free 24 hours.  The doctor said the best case scenario would be on Wednesday, but more likely Thursday or Friday or even Monday.  It's hard when you have a sick child, and you can't really do anything to make them feel better.

Awww sick kids are the worst bc you feel bad but can't do much to help them. Hope she feels better soon

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#219 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

School is going well, just super busy and stressful. I'm in my second year of law school, so I'm halfway done law school, which is nice lol

Sorry to hear its stressful i know it can be my brother is studying to pass the board so i know its no easy task.. keep uo the good work :)
  • savannah27 likes this
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#220 raineyxo

raineyxo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:13 PM

32.2 km @ 2:33:41 (4:46/km) DONE! So fucking proud of myself, it was an indoor run on a treadmill and the gym is really bad, its warm, zero ventilation, and nothing to look at. Plus this annoying guy next to me that obviously had a pepperoni pizza for lunch and it was reeking pepperoni smell everywhere. Ew..

There's a TV but it was only showing ski freestyle shit which I found boring as hell.

Then, the last 30 minutes, my friend that I love/hate to compete with, came on the treadmill next to me and I just loooooved her staring and being like "woah"

same with the other people at the gym, they were all like "shit man, this girl serious runner"

• missntgdenuf and getsmall like this

I might as well be one.

Rainey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users