Run Accountability Thread - Page 3 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Run Accountability Thread

• Please log in to reply
3092 replies to this topic

#41 hypomargoteros

hypomargoteros

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

Hi I'd love to join! I have ZERO running experience so I got a program that'll let me run 5K in two weeks. Starting today and running every day or with one or two rest days.

• missntgdenuf likes this

#42 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

just ran 42 min, at least 3.9 mi :) thats my longest run evet

Great Job!! I usually use my headphones pandora playlists and run outside or on a treadmil
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability
https://www.myproana.../#entry68599917

#43 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

Running today been off for a few days :( .... I am going to do 3.3 again hopefully improve my time a bit but since i hvent ran for a few days we will see .

Also wanted to add Ill be running a few races in the months to come excited!

Also dropped down a few more lbs so woohoo!
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#44 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1685 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

Hi I'd love to join! I have ZERO running experience so I got a program that'll let me run 5K in two weeks. Starting today and running every day or with one or two rest days.

Yes please join! :) that sounds like a really good program to start!!

it's been awhile since you felt right, 

but the warm nights are coming soon 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#45 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:54 PM

Running today been off for a few days :( .... I am going to do 3.3 again hopefully improve my time a bit but since i hvent ran for a few days we will see .

Also wanted to add Ill be running a few races in the months to come excited!

Also dropped down a few more lbs so woohoo!

Yay congrats on the weight loss that’s awesome!! I didn’t run today, I’ve gotten some killer blisters from running so much and I really need to try and let them heal ugh. What kind of races are you doing??

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#46 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

1.15 in 10 mins....still taking it easy, maybe a long run tomorrow

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#47 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Yay congrats on the weight loss that’s awesome!! I didn’t run today, I’ve gotten some killer blisters from running so much and I really need to try and let them heal ugh. What kind of races are you doing??

Trying to do a full or half marathon in march,may,and june hopefully a two halfs then a full.

Running 3.3 again today . I usually only run 30mins per day so as my times increase i can hopefully get up to 5 at some point ....
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#48 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Savannah you always have blisters what kind of shoes do you wear when u run also do you do bandaids or something to help prevent them getting worse . You may jist need new shoes?
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#49 Serene waters

Serene waters

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2300 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Oooh I love to run, I ran 6 miles at the gym today, thats the most I can do at the moment but hopefully it will get better with time. I am aiming to run 6 miles atleast 4 or 5x a week.  I would love add to this thread my progress if u don't mind x

#50 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

Savannah you always have blisters what kind of shoes do you wear when u run also do you do bandaids or something to help prevent them getting worse . You may jist need new shoes?

I have bad feet hahaa I get blisters constantly idk why it doesn’t matter what shoes, new, old , thin or thick socks idk I’ve been like this since I was a kid lol. And yes I’ve been using bandaids so they’ll heal!

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#51 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

Trying to do a full or half marathon in march,may,and june hopefully a two halfs then a full.

Running 3.3 again today . I usually only run 30mins per day so as my times increase i can hopefully get up to 5 at some point ....

I’ve only ran 5 half marathons! Idk if I’ll wver work my way up to a full marathon

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#52 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

Oooh I love to run, I ran 6 miles at the gym today, thats the most I can do at the moment but hopefully it will get better with time. I am aiming to run 6 miles atleast 4 or 5x a week. I would love add to this thread my progress if u don't mind x

That’s awesome! Yes please join :)
  • Serene waters likes this

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#53 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

I’ve only ran 5 half marathons! Idk if I’ll wver work my way up to a full marathon

Iv only done halfs also
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#54 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

I run a lot. I had blisters, toenails fall off, etc., but after the first month or few long runs, your feet look terrible (plus I have a toenail fungus, not contagious), but you don't have the hurt anymore.  Sometimes, I have expensive shoes, sometimes not.  My last shoes died in December, and I got shoes on sale for $30 at Academy (just not a name brand I'd ever heard of) and they are just as good as Adidas.  I ran 12.5 miles today in just under 2 hours.  I am not a fast runner, just a persistent one.  I wanted to keep going, but I had to get home to make lunch for my family.  I don't restrict much and seem to be at a bit of a set weight because I was losing from 109 lb. to 99 lb.  My old set point used to be 104 lb. though.  I think the stupid Seroquel I'm on for bipolar is keeping me weight stable, or making it harder to lose weight.  But I've only been running 10 miles plus most days since the start of December, and I have to take off rainy days, plus I got strep throat and had to take off 4 or 5 days, which completely sucked.

I run outside, so weather is a factor, but usually not the cold.  I'm close to Houston.  Winters can get cold but not that cold, maybe snow flurries every 10 years (enough to shut down the whole area and have people wake their kids at 3 AM to see it).  Mostly, it's the heat in the summer that gets me, but I like running in the dark, even if it's not exactly the safest thing in the world.  My bipolar is mixed, so I have manic and depressed traits rapidly back and forth and sometimes even at the same time.  I think this running in the dark is part of the manic stuff.  But I don't care.  I often dissociate when I run, so it's like my body goes, but my brain is thinking other stuff or just being.  It's kind of like when you drive on autopilot.

I lost a ton of weight running and restricting in college, but restricting too much.  It just isn't worth it to me to live the type of lifestyle I had to in order to get out of the 90s, even past 95 lb., I think.  With a family, it's impossible, and I have a daughter who just turned 11 years old.  I already suck as a mom.  I so do not want to pass this stupid disease to her.

• missntgdenuf and savannah27 like this

Height: 5'4"

CW: 96 lb

HW: 140 lb (pregnancy)

LW: 80 lb

UGW: 92? maybe?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#55 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

I run a lot. I had blisters, toenails fall off, etc., but after the first month or few long runs, your feet look terrible (plus I have a toenail fungus, not contagious), but you don't have the hurt anymore.  Sometimes, I have expensive shoes, sometimes not.  My last shoes died in December, and I got shoes on sale for $30 at Academy (just not a name brand I'd ever heard of) and they are just as good as Adidas.  I ran 12.5 miles today in just under 2 hours.  I am not a fast runner, just a persistent one.  I wanted to keep going, but I had to get home to make lunch for my family.  I don't restrict much and seem to be at a bit of a set weight because I was losing from 109 lb. to 99 lb.  My old set point used to be 104 lb. though.  I think the stupid Seroquel I'm on for bipolar is keeping me weight stable, or making it harder to lose weight.  But I've only been running 10 miles plus most days since the start of December, and I have to take off rainy days, plus I got strep throat and had to take off 4 or 5 days, which completely sucked.

I run outside, so weather is a factor, but usually not the cold.  I'm close to Houston.  Winters can get cold but not that cold, maybe snow flurries every 10 years (enough to shut down the whole area and have people wake their kids at 3 AM to see it).  Mostly, it's the heat in the summer that gets me, but I like running in the dark, even if it's not exactly the safest thing in the world.  My bipolar is mixed, so I have manic and depressed traits rapidly back and forth and sometimes even at the same time.  I think this running in the dark is part of the manic stuff.  But I don't care.  I often dissociate when I run, so it's like my body goes, but my brain is thinking other stuff or just being.  It's kind of like when you drive on autopilot.

I lost a ton of weight running and restricting in college, but restricting too much.  It just isn't worth it to me to live the type of lifestyle I had to in order to get out of the 90s, even past 95 lb., I think.  With a family, it's impossible, and I have a daughter who just turned 11 years old.  I already suck as a mom.  I so do not want to pass this stupid disease to her.

I also have a family my kids are little so wont nptice the restricting but also hard to excersize for long periods of time for the same reason.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#56 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Ran 15 miles today.  Well, the fitbit said 15, the mapmyfitness app on my iphone said 15.5 miles (which for some reason my phone refuses to sync with fitbit though it used to, and my fitbit is a Charge2, no GPS).  I don't know whether to believe the phone mapmyfitness./mapmyrun app since they are on the iphone with the GPS) or the fitbit.

Anyone know which is most accurate?

Scale was good to me this morning.  Weighed first thing, prior to running.  97.8 lb.  Would be nice if it stayed there, but likely not.  I think the running builds a lot of muscle, and I don't restrict around my daughter, so my weight is pretty stable, I guess in the end for the best, but I don't like it or my body.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#57 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

Ran 15 miles today.  Well, the fitbit said 15, the mapmyfitness app on my iphone said 15.5 miles (which for some reason my phone refuses to sync with fitbit though it used to, and my fitbit is a Charge2, no GPS).  I don't know whether to believe the phone mapmyfitness./mapmyrun app since they are on the iphone with the GPS) or the fitbit.

Anyone know which is most accurate?

Scale was good to me this morning.  Weighed first thing, prior to running.  97.8 lb.  Would be nice if it stayed there, but likely not.  I think the running builds a lot of muscle, and I don't restrict around my daughter, so my weight is pretty stable, I guess in the end for the best, but I don't like it or my body.

Wow, amazing!! In my experience, I have found my fitbit to be more accurate than map my run. 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#58 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

Ran 4.10 today in about 35 mins because I wanted to try out my new apple watch my boyfriend got me :) 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#59 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Ran 15.5 miles today and then walked another 0.5 mile.  Really wanted to run 16 miles today, but I just didn't have it in me.  Maybe tomorrow.  I usually just push for 10 miles, anything above that is a plus.  People ask me all the time what marathon/s I'm training for; they have no clue.  I guess it's the ED marathon  :rolleyes:   Since I have the purging type anorexia, no one sees it.  I don't restrict much.  My husband recently said there was no way my ED from college was still active (he didn't know me back then) especially with my not really restricting.  He just thinks I run a lot and need to eat more to make up for the calorie burn, but I don't eat more and it's on purpose.  People see what they want to see.  

Scale is being super great lately...weighed 96.8 lb. first thing this morning (after peeing).  Lowest I've been in a long time.  Maybe adding extra miles to my run is helping or maybe it's finally finishing my stupid period.  Might have to gain though if I get below 95 lb.  Then, my husband usually does notice, not to mention my psychiatrist will put me on the scale. :wacko: , and he was already talking hospital or Remeron (evil drug) when I weighed 100, 101, something like that. Our insurance is weird right now though because my husband started a new job Jan. 1, and he doesn't get benefits until he has been working there 60 days.  So I guess we will be paying through the nose for COBRA for the crappy insurance he got as a high school teacher.  But I'm on a lot of medications; without any insurance, it would be astronomical.  Health insurance in the U.S. sucks so much.

#60 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

How is everyone else doing with running?  For those just starting, couch to 5K is great and then there was another app I used to get to running 10K.  After that, I just added mileage on my own, but you have to be careful and not overdo it.  Once, I got runner's knee from overdoing, and that was awful.  I am so grateful it healed.  My husband got it too (he ran in grad school) and it comes back every time he runs, so he can't run any more.  He is thin but tall (6'4").

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users