Run Accountability Thread - Page 4 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Run Accountability Thread

• Please log in to reply
2982 replies to this topic

#61 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

Ran 15.5 miles today and then walked another 0.5 mile. Really wanted to run 16 miles today, but I just didn't have it in me. Maybe tomorrow. I usually just push for 10 miles, anything above that is a plus. People ask me all the time what marathon/s I'm training for; they have no clue. I guess it's the ED marathon :rolleyes: Since I have the purging type anorexia, no one sees it. I don't restrict much. My husband recently said there was no way my ED from college was still active (he didn't know me back then) especially with my not really restricting. He just thinks I run a lot and need to eat more to make up for the calorie burn, but I don't eat more and it's on purpose. People see what they want to see.

Scale is being super great lately...weighed 96.8 lb. first thing this morning (after peeing). Lowest I've been in a long time. Maybe adding extra miles to my run is helping or maybe it's finally finishing my stupid period. Might have to gain though if I get below 95 lb. Then, my husband usually does notice, not to mention my psychiatrist will put me on the scale. :wacko: , and he was already talking hospital or Remeron (evil drug) when I weighed 100, 101, something like that. Our insurance is weird right now though because my husband started a new job Jan. 1, and he doesn't get benefits until he has been working there 60 days. So I guess we will be paying through the nose for COBRA for the crappy insurance he got as a high school teacher. But I'm on a lot of medications; without any insurance, it would be astronomical. Health insurance in the U.S. sucks so much.

That’s amazing! If you don’t mind me asking, how many cals do you eat to have the energy to do that? And how long have you been running? I haven’t run more than 14 miles yet but my usual “long run” is 12 miles. Do you run outside or inside?

it's been awhile since you felt right, 

but the warm nights are coming soon 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#62 yetanotheramy

yetanotheramy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:18 PM

I hope no-one minds me slinking into this thread. I am at the beginning of my first marathon training cycle. I started running two years ago and ran a couple of halfs last year and have two full marathons locked in for this year. I had a few injuries and a bout of laziness late last year so it has been hard to build mileage again. The plan I am following for my first (local, small) marathon is fairly low mileage because I am focusing on building mileage and being smarter with strength workouts which is a good lead in to my main marathon in July which I plan to follow a more intensive plan.

Sorry for the essay! It is hot as hell in Australia at the moment which makes it hard to be motivated esp for my long runs but I'm doing it.

• missntgdenuf and savannah27 like this

#63 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:42 AM

2 miles in 16 mins then another.3 in a slower pace then got onto the elyptical for 10mins not great but glad i got my 2mile time down so much ♡ . Tomorrow Ill be running 3.3 twice at different times.
  • savannah27 likes this
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability
https://www.myproana.../#entry68599917

#64 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:49 AM

How is everyone else doing with running?  For those just starting, couch to 5K is great and then there was another app I used to get to running 10K.  After that, I just added mileage on my own, but you have to be careful and not overdo it.  Once, I got runner's knee from overdoing, and that was awful.  I am so grateful it healed.  My husband got it too (he ran in grad school) and it comes back every time he runs, so he can't run any more.  He is thin but tall (6'4").

Plan on doing a cumulative 6.6 miles tomorrow in about 1 hr , two sessions but I have to push a stroller for the first one and ill be on my own the second.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability

#65 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

5 miles in 40 mins today. My knee started to hurt towards the end so maybe I’ll take tomorrow off or take it easy idk
  • missntgdenuf likes this

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#66 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

5 miles in 40 mins today. My knee started to hurt towards the end so maybe I’ll take tomorrow off or take it easy idk

Way to to sprint that shit out girl!! Hella mad at myself and bf a lil, I wanted to get my second 3miles in and he straight up so no I couldnt go run !

.... also been losing a bit of control on my restricting been eating way too many cals need to reel myself back in and increase my miles drink more water and decrease calorie intake. Goal for this week is to start doing 4-6 miles while my youngest naps. 600cal goal. Hope I can do it!
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability

#67 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

Also had to add goal of 115lbs by feb 1.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability

#68 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

Way to to sprint that shit out girl!! Hella mad at myself and bf a lil, I wanted to get my second 3miles in and he straight up so no I couldnt go run !

.... also been losing a bit of control on my restricting been eating way too many cals need to reel myself back in and increase my miles drink more water and decrease calorie intake. Goal for this week is to start doing 4-6 miles while my youngest naps. 600cal goal. Hope I can do it!

Kudos to you doing this all with kids!! I’m trying to get back on track with my restricting too. Trying to stay under 1000 cals and trying to eat low carb bc that keeps my cals down usually lol

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#69 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

6.6 in a lil over an hr pushing a stroller, going back out for 3.3 later tonight
  • savannah27 likes this
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability

#70 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

Feeling those blisters savannah!!
  • savannah27 likes this
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability

#71 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

That’s amazing! If you don’t mind me asking, how many cals do you eat to have the energy to do that? And how long have you been running? I haven’t run more than 14 miles yet but my usual “long run” is 12 miles. Do you run outside or inside? 

Actually, I don't restrict much.  So I do eat anywhere from 1500, 1800, maybe 2000 cal/day, it depends.  I don't really count calories; I count miles.  I am losing weight fast doing this as this morning I weighed 95.2 lb.  I am going to have to gain some soon, or my psychiatrist is going to be freaking out.  I wish I had my old psychiatrist back, but she's retiring, that's life.  

Anyway, I don't usually eat breakfast beforehand, but some days (like today), I will have a teaspoon of peanut butter (regular creamy) beforehand.  It depends how I'm feeling.  I'm running my body to the ground, and I got a yeast infection from the antibiotic I was on for strep.  Pretty much the side effects paperwork said you'd get diarrhea (yep, got that) and likely a vaginal yeast infection if you are a woman.  And I'm already prone to yeast infections to start with, eat non-fat Greek yogurt daily, but it did no good.

I run outside.  What about you?  I find outside, it is easier to accumulate miles; you can change up your route so as not to get bored.  I have several options of ways I can run through my neighborhood and the connecting east part of my same neighborhood.  Though you do have to account for the fact that I live near Houston.  The land is flat and not that high above sea level.  So hills do not exist here.  The hardest running you get is running into a heavy wind or rain running (but I don't like to do that, it fries the electronics).  Running on the roads & sidewalks after rain is trickier though (much less traction, a lot harder work).  It rains here quite a lot and can rain a staggering amount at times.  There are a couple parks I can run through; one is part of the city parks & recreation and has water fountains; I like that one best.  

I don't know how I got up to 14 miles.  I think my longest run was 16.  I think first I broke it up into 2 runs: 8 miles and 6 miles, then started adding on the 8 miles.

Yesterday and today, I only ran 12 miles.  I really want to run longer, but this stupid yeast infection is only slightly better after 2 days of Monistat.

Oh, but my weight has gone down a lot.  I was 99, 100  lb. before this.

I don't know how well to trust Fitbit's assertion of calories burned, but most days, I end up around 2500; once close to 3000.  And I don't binge, but some days, like today, I just have to eat a bit more to be less tired.  Yesterday, I took a nap, and my alarm didn't go off, and I was not there to pick my daughter up from school and not answering my cell phone because it was in a room across the house.  So not good at all.  I think her teacher was perturbed at me though I think she suspects I probably have an eating disorder; she is the teacher who leads the walkers in my daughter's grade outside, and I pick my daughter up as a walker, so yeah, yesterday, was bad, my husband was all panicked, sending the parents of one of my daughter's friends to check on me though I woke up before they got here (thank God).  Everyone was concerned, not just because I am bipolar (type I, with mixed features) but because last Feb. 14, I had a symptomless ulcer perforate.  Meaning I didn't know I had the ulcer in the first place and couldn't treat it.  That is a life or death situation.  It was not ED-related; it was caused by overuse of NSAIDs and a bacterial infection (worst pain of my life, lost 10 lb. in the hospital, and the brought the ED roaring back).

Height: 5'4"

CW: 96 lb

HW: 140 lb (pregnancy)

LW: 80 lb

UGW: 92? maybe?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#72 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Actually, I don't restrict much. So I do eat anywhere from 1500, 1800, maybe 2000 cal/day, it depends. I don't really count calories; I count miles. I am losing weight fast doing this as this morning I weighed 95.2 lb. I am going to have to gain some soon, or my psychiatrist is going to be freaking out. I wish I had my old psychiatrist back, but she's retiring, that's life.

Anyway, I don't usually eat breakfast beforehand, but some days (like today), I will have a teaspoon of peanut butter (regular creamy) beforehand. It depends how I'm feeling. I'm running my body to the ground, and I got a yeast infection from the antibiotic I was on for strep. Pretty much the side effects paperwork said you'd get diarrhea (yep, got that) and likely a vaginal yeast infection if you are a woman. And I'm already prone to yeast infections to start with, eat non-fat Greek yogurt daily, but it did no good.

I run outside. What about you? I find outside, it is easier to accumulate miles; you can change up your route so as not to get bored. I have several options of ways I can run through my neighborhood and the connecting east part of my same neighborhood. Though you do have to account for the fact that I live near Houston. The land is flat and not that high above sea level. So hills do not exist here. The hardest running you get is running into a heavy wind or rain running (but I don't like to do that, it fries the electronics). Running on the roads & sidewalks after rain is trickier though (much less traction, a lot harder work). It rains here quite a lot and can rain a staggering amount at times. There are a couple parks I can run through; one is part of the city parks & recreation and has water fountains; I like that one best.

I don't know how I got up to 14 miles. I think my longest run was 16. I think first I broke it up into 2 runs: 8 miles and 6 miles, then started adding on the 8 miles.

Yesterday and today, I only ran 12 miles. I really want to run longer, but this stupid yeast infection is only slightly better after 2 days of Monistat.

Oh, but my weight has gone down a lot. I was 99, 100 lb. before this.

I don't know how well to trust Fitbit's assertion of calories burned, but most days, I end up around 2500; once close to 3000. And I don't binge, but some days, like today, I just have to eat a bit more to be less tired. Yesterday, I took a nap, and my alarm didn't go off, and I was not there to pick my daughter up from school and not answering my cell phone because it was in a room across the house. So not good at all. I think her teacher was perturbed at me though I think she suspects I probably have an eating disorder; she is the teacher who leads the walkers in my daughter's grade outside, and I pick my daughter up as a walker, so yeah, yesterday, was bad, my husband was all panicked, sending the parents of one of my daughter's friends to check on me though I woke up before they got here (thank God). Everyone was concerned, not just because I am bipolar (type I, with mixed features) but because last Feb. 14, I had a symptomless ulcer perforate. Meaning I didn't know I had the ulcer in the first place and couldn't treat it. That is a life or death situation. It was not ED-related; it was caused by overuse of NSAIDs and a bacterial infection (worst pain of my life, lost 10 lb. in the hospital, and the brought the ED roaring back).

I run both outside and on a treadmill, but I prefer outside MUCH more. However, I live in Pennsylvania, so the winters can be rough. It’s very cold outside right now (33 degrees) so running outdoors can be miserable lol. So most times around this time of year I resort to the treadmill which kind of sucks. I can only run 10 at most on the treadmill and even that’s tough. What I like about the treadmill is I can keep my speed up though. But I love running outdoors. I love being outside in general and I love taking different routes and kind of exploring.

Oh wow, sorry to hear about the situation yesterday! You can definitely afford to eat tons with that mileage! And I’m sure it’s difficult to eat enough to keep your energy up.

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#73 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Feeling those blisters savannah!!

Ugh lol. Look up blister balm on amazon. It works really well!

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#74 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

Hit 10miles today it wast two different runs 6.6 for the first and almost 4 for the second Im not positive on millage for the second as my phone was super low on battery and wouldnt run my app in the background and let me listen to music but i know it was longer than 3.3 my guess is around 3.8-4 miles not positive but together I made it to 10 miles today and Im so stoked!!! As long as my feet arent too bad I will for sure be running long distance tomorrow maybe 6-7 mid day like today. Im at a count of 17miles in 3 days so far this week:0♡.
  • savannah27 likes this
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability

#75 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:21 AM

Ugh lol. Look up blister balm on amazon. It works really well!

What is the brand of blister balm you are talking about?  I still have a couple (just moderately painful) from breaking in new shoes.  I find even taking Tylenol before running helps some with the blister pain.  I can't take NSAIDs because of that perforated ulcer.  If you do take an NSAID, be careful about it.  Those warning are not a joke.  But I had a medication fro fibromyalgia that was an NSAID.  I'm sure I knew that at the beginning, but I'd been taking it years and completely did not remember it was an NSAID., so I continually took it daily alone with things like Excedrin a foew days a week for sinus or tension headaches.

Also, Savannah, you can try those special blister band-aids from Band-Aid or many stores have generics too.  They have them for heels, toes, etc.  I think I have used the heels most.  They do halep a more than taking a painkiller.  They are a bit on the pricey said though.  Can't remember the exact price, but you only get around 6 of them per box.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#76 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

16 miles straight today!  Actually, I ran over 16 miles.  This morning, before getting my daughter up for school, I ran around 4.5 miles.  

]

Tomorrow might be a walking day or a day off.  We'll see how I feel.

• missntgdenuf and savannah27 like this

#77 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

16 miles straight today!  Actually, I ran over 16 miles.  This morning, before getting my daughter up for school, I ran around 4.5 miles.  
]
Tomorrow might be a walking day or a day off.  We'll see how I feel.

So you ran 20.5 miles !!! ??? Thats crazy Im so envious of your awesome endurance! I wish I could do that! Is your husband home when you go run or you leave your lo's home with the doors locked? I havent gotten my run in yet today thinking if my oldest wakes up from her nap in an hr or two we will go out for an evening 6mile run Ill have to push the double stroller to which can be a challange or Ill lock them in the double and walk over to the gym give them the tablet to sit and watch tv on while I use the treadmill ahahah.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability

#78 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

What is the brand of blister balm you are talking about?  I still have a couple (just moderately painful) from breaking in new shoes.  I find even taking Tylenol before running helps some with the blister pain.  I can't take NSAIDs because of that perforated ulcer.  If you do take an NSAID, be careful about it.  Those warning are not a joke.  But I had a medication fro fibromyalgia that was an NSAID.  I'm sure I knew that at the beginning, but I'd been taking it years and completely did not remember it was an NSAID., so I continually took it daily alone with things like Excedrin a foew days a week for sinus or tension headaches.

Also, Savannah, you can try those special blister band-aids from Band-Aid or many stores have generics too.  They have them for heels, toes, etc.  I think I have used the heels most.  They do halep a more than taking a painkiller.  They are a bit on the pricey said though.  Can't remember the exact price, but you only get around 6 of them per box.

It's body glide foot glide anti-blister balm. it's purple and comes in a little stick like deordorent. It works wonders. Even with breaking in heels lol. and Thank you!!

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#79 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

Ran 2.5 today. Too cold outside and wasn't in the treadmill mood lol

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#80 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Ran 2.5 today. Too cold outside and wasn't in the treadmill mood lol

Also - I'm in law school and currently back to school so time is an issue for me now 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users