Run Accountability Thread - Page 6 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Run Accountability Thread

• Please log in to reply
2834 replies to this topic

#101 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1653 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

7.5 today on the treadmill
  • missntgdenuf likes this

it's been awhile since you felt right, 

but the warm nights are coming soon 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#102 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

3.14 on the treadmill and I better get used to it - lots of snow and ice coming my way

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#103 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:29 PM

I run while my daughter is in school. I’m a stay-at-home mom, but she is in the 5th grade now (11 yr old). Sometimes I have to break it into 2 runs, one around 5-6 miles in the dark while my husband gets ready for work (don’t have to get her up for school until over an hour later). He wakes at 5 AM to get ready, which wakes me.

Managed a 10 mile run 2 days ago, 11 miles yesterday, and a marathon 18 miles today, 6 miles before my husband left for work, then just over 12 miles after. Probably I could run a marathon, though my running times suck. I am a persistent runner, but I am not a fast one.

Having prescription pharmacy cost issues on temporary insurance. It gave me a breakdown today, and unfortunately my daughter had noon school dismissal (teacher training). I was yelling, screaming, crying, the whole 9 yards.

My husband started a new job Jan. 1, terminating our old health insurance, but the new insurance does not kick in until he has worked at the new job 60 days, around March 1. Healthcare in the U.S. just sucks.
  • missntgdenuf, Achelois and savannah27 like this

Height: 5'4"

CW: 96 lb

HW: 140 lb (pregnancy)

LW: 80 lb

UGW: 92? maybe?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#104 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

Who else here is diagnosed with psych conditions (other than the ED) for which you take meds?

I'm bipolar type I with mixed features (beginning to think this means I am going to be mixed forever)

anxiety & panic disorder

PTSD

ADHD (though this one I don't think I really have but have symptoms of from stupid medication side effects)

Then, fibromyalgia & I had that perforated ulcer.

I take a boatload of meds, so you can see how my prescriptions may be costly.  Though often I don't take my full dose of Seroquel even if it has not caused me huge weight gain like a lot of people have issues with.  Sometimes I think the Seroquel & Lamictal are slowing my weight loss, and just want to quit them altogether.  Sometimes, I want to stop everything but Adderall & Wellbutrin, keep the Klonopin handy.  I'm surprised I haven't done that already this time around.  Last time was around 3.5 yr. ago.  Predictably, it ended in sleeplessness & mania.  It always does end that way and usually psych hospitalization for the bipolar, not the ED.

Bupropion XL 150 mg, Seroquel 500 mg, Lamictal 400 mg, Clonazepam 1 mg 4/day, Clonidine 0.3 mg, Propanolol 10 mg 3/day, Buspar 30 mg 2/day, Adderall 40 mg, Trazodone 25 mg, Protonix 20 mg (post ulcer med) , Gabapentin 600 mg (fibro), Tizandine 4 mg 4/day (fibro)

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#105 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

I run while my daughter is in school. I’m a stay-at-home mom, but she is in the 5th grade now (11 yr old). Sometimes I have to break it into 2 runs, one around 5-6 miles in the dark while my husband gets ready for work (don’t have to get her up for school until over an hour later). He wakes at 5 AM to get ready, which wakes me.

Managed a 10 mile run 2 days ago, 11 miles yesterday, and a marathon 18 miles today, 6 miles before my husband left for work, then just over 12 miles after. Probably I could run a marathon, though my running times suck. I am a persistent runner, but I am not a fast one.

Having prescription pharmacy cost issues on temporary insurance. It gave me a breakdown today, and unfortunately my daughter had noon school dismissal (teacher training). I was yelling, screaming, crying, the whole 9 yards.

My husband started a new job Jan. 1, terminating our old health insurance, but the new insurance does not kick in until he has worked at the new job 60 days, around March 1. Healthcare in the U.S. just sucks.

Wow, you're amazing! Do your knees or anything else ever bother you? I feel like if I run too many days in a row, my knee starts to hurt. I honestly think its because my legs are uneven lol. Ugh I'm so sorry :( have you tried calling different pharmacies? I work for a small mom-and-pop pharmacy in high school and we would offer very low prices so that we could keep customers coming back! Try places like that, I've also heard walmart is really cheap for prescriptions. It honestly should be illegal for them to do that with insurance!! 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#106 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

You both are doing so great good for you! Im seriously falling behind this week
I havent run in 2 days ladies!!! I need to get my shit together and get on a treadmill, its been raining cats and dogs and have had tons of errands and things going on that have kept me busy.
Hopeing the next 3 days I will be able to do 10miles per day .. although it may not happen my goal is to hit 30miles for the week . As Im writing this im thinking I should just go run tonight to get a head start but not super motivated atm.

I have been miss diagnosed manic depressive, bi polar and finaly more recently I was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder which I feel like fits much more of my symptoms and more accurately.... I have no medications but know how expensive even just a single medication can get so Im sure that would be insane to have to pay out of pocket for two months. I wish you luck in finding a way to get through that.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability
https://www.myproana.../#entry68599917

#107 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

I ran 12 miles today, divided into 2 runs of 6 miles & 6 miles.  Needing my psychiatrist to call me back.  I will be out of a med before my appt. on the 24th of Jan. and it's the most expensive - generic Adderall.  Then, I'm also out of generic Klonopin.  Both controlled substances, and pharmacies can't tell me a pricing until they get a prescription.  He did write me one for Adderall but too early for the old insurance to fill.  Now it is a massive amount at the pharmacy, and it will be cheaper I think if I get it transferred to the local Walmart pharmacy, but Walmart can't give me a price until they have a prescription, and it being controlled, my grocery store pharmacy cannot merely transfer it to Walmart; the doctor has to give Walmart a prescription.  And I look like a junkie, being out of controlled substances though there are others I will be out of soon like the generic Wellbutrin & generic Buspar, Trazodone, just I have enough until my appt. with those, same with the Seroquel low dose pills anyway to take for anxiety (25 mg).  I am especially about taking my larger bedtime Seroquel dose (500 mg is prescribed),  not adding the extra 100 mg to the 400 mg pills to make 500 mg like I am supposed to, or just taking old 300 mg Seroquel pills before my dose was bumped up to 400 mg or cutting the 300 mg in half sometimes.  (I do not take time release Seroquel, just normal release which is why I know I can cut the pills in half; plus, my old psychiatrist had me do it to cheapen the cost of my dosage back then.) Just very bad about compliance on the Seroquel lately, that's for certain.

I got a cute pair of jean shorts shopping today and going around to stupid pharmacies who will tell you zilch about prices.  Now, granted, it was at Walmart (tight finances), but I easily fit girls' size 12, which was pretty awesome.  Not to mention the girls clothes are cheaper than the juniors :)

#108 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

About the knees, I fortunately do not have much trouble.  I don't run on the sidewalks where they are all crazy slanted.  When they built my housing subdivision in the 1960s, they decided front lawn trees must be either pine, oak, magnolia, or a type of ash that grows quickly but tends to start falling apart & dying within 40 years.  We didn't know that when we bought our house; we had 2 of those big ash trees out front and had to have them both cut down within 5 or 6 years of buying this house (pricey).  But you don't want to fool with trees like that when you live in a hurricane region.

Most people have cut their ash trees down or lopped the tops off, but it's the oak trees...OMG, whoever thought front yard oaks were a good idea were crazy.  Oaks grow huge eventually, can live for hundreds of years.  Now, all the neighborhood oaks are big trees with big roots which really make the sidewalks dangerous.  They tear up the roads too, but the city actually maintains the streets,  not the sidewalks.

When I ran on the treadmill at the gym, my knees bothered me more.  Used to belong to a gym before finances got tight.  Also, once in California (my husband is from the LA area), I got runner's knee, and I think it was related to doing all my running over a 2.5 week visit on an actual track in a local park.  I am so, so, so glad it recovered.  It was terrible.  Walking is good exercise too, I know, but I really just love the high (and faster calorie burn) of running.  I have run off & on for over 20 years, usually at least 6 miles (when the ED is not so bad), but it sucks to build up to it, stop, then have to start from what feels like practically scratch again, depending upon how long it's been.

• savannah27 likes this

#109 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

8 miles on the treadmill today in 65 mins. I can’t run more than 8-10 on the treadmill, it just bores me
  • missntgdenuf and getsmall like this

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#110 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

Good job Savannah most iv done recently on the treadmill 4.5 its too boring... I Ran 7.5 outside with stroller today was finally nice enough i didnt feel bad for making my little one endure it... ill be running an additional 3-4 tonight glad I finally got back to it !!!

My hip and knee start to hurt on my right side idk if it has to do with a leg length issue or just my posture. I also have kidney stones on the left side which causes pain on that side a little bit but I can usually run through it.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#111 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Good job Savannah most iv done recently on the treadmill 4.5 its too boring... I Ran 7.5 outside with stroller today was finally nice enough i didnt feel bad for making my little one endure it... ill be running an additional 3-4 tonight glad I finally got back to it !!!

My hip and knee start to hurt on my right side idk if it has to do with a leg length issue or just my posture. I also have kidney stones on the left side which causes pain on that side a little bit but I can usually run through it.

That's awesome!! How old is your little one? They sound well-behaved lol 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#112 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

I ran 7 miles this morning.  I wanted to go running later, but things just didn't pan out.  My daughter was in the school spelling bee today, which they invite the parents to watch.  She didn't win but did well; over half the kids had been eliminated before she was.  She's a good speller, but it's not like spelling is her life's dream.  She only practiced a few words on the list yesterday evening.  She's in 5th grade this year and was in the school spelling bee 3rd & 4th grade too.  They take the top 20 spellers grades 3-5, actually in this case it was 21 kids as there was a tie someplace.  Usually, the spelling bee is over within an hour.  Today, it was marathon long.  First, all the kids were really good; they went many more rounds than they did in the past, lots of rounds with no kids getting eliminated.  Then, the school needed the top 3 to go to district level, and there was a very strange and complicated rule involving the last 2 of the top 4 students which had all types of judge consultations and waiting.  My husband worked from home today and went with me.  He decided to drop his car off at the mechanic for an oil change & general lookover, and when we got home from that, it was lunchtime.

Hopefully, I can run more tomorrow morning.  Though in the afternoon, we are having a surprise birthday party for my mom who is turning 60, and it takes about 1.5 hr. to drive to my hometown.  My birthday is on the 20th while my mom's is the 23rd. 

Still having issues getting Adderall.  OMG.  My psychiatrist is willing, the pharmacy is willing, the doctor's staff has been beyond patient with me, but the temporary insurance we have is making us jump through hoop after hoop after hoop, each one of which the doctor and/or pharmacy must address, and now it's a long weekend, ugh!  I run out on my birthday, so happy withdrawals to me.  Well, worse than that.  I love reading, and without the Adderall now, I just cannot do it, can't concentrate to watch shows I like, follow through on trains of thought.  I don't know if it's my medication or the bipolar worsening and/or going into mania (though the bipolar has been mixed since March, and I was compliant with all my meds - even the Seroquel - until 3, 4 weeks ago.  At the rate this insurance is going, it will be February before I even get my prescription unless I want to pay a fortune out of pocket.  Healthcare in the U.S. sucks.

I really needed to run more today.  I'm all worked up.  It doesn't help that my husband is anxious right now too.  He used to teach high school physics (did, through December), but he got a job as a visiting professor in industrial engineering at a university (unfortunately quite a drive away).  He hasn't taught at the university level on his own ever.  They make everyone in science instruct labs in grad school; he taught chemistry labs; he got a PhD in Physical Chemistry.  I only got an M.S. in Cell & Molecular Biology and had to instruct microbiology labs, one summer biology lab session, but you are pretty much given the stuff to teach and instruct by a lab supervisor; you don't come up with anything on your own.  My husband will be teaching some pretty advanced statistics classes, and one of them is an online course, and he's never instructed an online class. The students start back at the university Jan. 22, and that is his first day of instruction, so he is anxious to get everything ready in time.  The odds are (at this particular university), if a visiting professor performs decently, they will make him a full professor and put him on the tenure track, which is a huge pay raise from that of a high school teacher especially as I just can't work.  I have tried many times and nearly (or have) ended up in the hospital each time.  I get overqualified having an M.S. for simpler jobs though my current psychiatrist does not feel I can work any type of job and neither did the one I had before him.  My previous psychiatrist worked in the same small clinic; she was awesome, finally diagnosed the bipolar and realized SSRIs were not my friend, but she is retiring.  The new psychiatrist is good, great by the low standards out there, but nowhere near as good as she was. 

Stupid bipolar.  Stupid ED.  Stupid panic disorder.  Stupid PTSD.  I had all the sucky childhood crap, and then stupid crazy crap like when I was in grad school, I was unintentionally involved in a shooting incident.  It's a crazy long story I don't have time to write about right now.  Or I get a perforated ulcer because I'm not treating an ulcer I have because it is a symptomless ulcer, so I have no clue I have an ulcer in the first place.

Thunderstorms are predicted overnight but are supposed to clear out around 6 AM.  I hope so; I need to run.

• savannah27 likes this

#113 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

That's awesome!! How old is your little one? They sound well-behaved lol

She will be 2 in less than a month. She is as long as she has a snack and a good view she is great! It was only 1hr and 15mins tho and she started to passout the last mile or so.

Got my extra 3.6miles in so brings my total to 11.1 for the day but havent ran all week so piss poor performance really.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#114 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

I ran 7 miles this morning.  I wanted to go running later, but things just didn't pan out.  My daughter was in the school spelling bee today, which they invite the parents to watch.  She didn't win but did well; over half the kids had been eliminated before she was.  She's a good speller, but it's not like spelling is her life's dream.  She only practiced a few words on the list yesterday evening.  She's in 5th grade this year and was in the school spelling bee 3rd & 4th grade too.  They take the top 20 spellers grades 3-5, actually in this case it was 21 kids as there was a tie someplace.  Usually, the spelling bee is over within an hour.  Today, it was marathon long.  First, all the kids were really good; they went many more rounds than they did in the past, lots of rounds with no kids getting eliminated.  Then, the school needed the top 3 to go to district level, and there was a very strange and complicated rule involving the last 2 of the top 4 students which had all types of judge consultations and waiting.  My husband worked from home today and went with me.  He decided to drop his car off at the mechanic for an oil change & general lookover, and when we got home from that, it was lunchtime.

Hopefully, I can run more tomorrow morning.  Though in the afternoon, we are having a surprise birthday party for my mom who is turning 60, and it takes about 1.5 hr. to drive to my hometown.  My birthday is on the 20th while my mom's is the 23rd. 

Still having issues getting Adderall.  OMG.  My psychiatrist is willing, the pharmacy is willing, the doctor's staff has been beyond patient with me, but the temporary insurance we have is making us jump through hoop after hoop after hoop, each one of which the doctor and/or pharmacy must address, and now it's a long weekend, ugh!  I run out on my birthday, so happy withdrawals to me.  Well, worse than that.  I love reading, and without the Adderall now, I just cannot do it, can't concentrate to watch shows I like, follow through on trains of thought.  I don't know if it's my medication or the bipolar worsening and/or going into mania (though the bipolar has been mixed since March, and I was compliant with all my meds - even the Seroquel - until 3, 4 weeks ago.  At the rate this insurance is going, it will be February before I even get my prescription unless I want to pay a fortune out of pocket.  Healthcare in the U.S. sucks.

I really needed to run more today.  I'm all worked up.  It doesn't help that my husband is anxious right now too.  He used to teach high school physics (did, through December), but he got a job as a visiting professor in industrial engineering at a university (unfortunately quite a drive away).  He hasn't taught at the university level on his own ever.  They make everyone in science instruct labs in grad school; he taught chemistry labs; he got a PhD in Physical Chemistry.  I only got an M.S. in Cell & Molecular Biology and had to instruct microbiology labs, one summer biology lab session, but you are pretty much given the stuff to teach and instruct by a lab supervisor; you don't come up with anything on your own.  My husband will be teaching some pretty advanced statistics classes, and one of them is an online course, and he's never instructed an online class. The students start back at the university Jan. 22, and that is his first day of instruction, so he is anxious to get everything ready in time.  The odds are (at this particular university), if a visiting professor performs decently, they will make him a full professor and put him on the tenure track, which is a huge pay raise from that of a high school teacher especially as I just can't work.  I have tried many times and nearly (or have) ended up in the hospital each time.  I get overqualified having an M.S. for simpler jobs though my current psychiatrist does not feel I can work any type of job and neither did the one I had before him.  My previous psychiatrist worked in the same small clinic; she was awesome, finally diagnosed the bipolar and realized SSRIs were not my friend, but she is retiring.  The new psychiatrist is good, great by the low standards out there, but nowhere near as good as she was. 

Stupid bipolar.  Stupid ED.  Stupid panic disorder.  Stupid PTSD.  I had all the sucky childhood crap, and then stupid crazy crap like when I was in grad school, I was unintentionally involved in a shooting incident.  It's a crazy long story I don't have time to write about right now.  Or I get a perforated ulcer because I'm not treating an ulcer I have because it is a symptomless ulcer, so I have no clue I have an ulcer in the first place.

Thunderstorms are predicted overnight but are supposed to clear out around 6 AM.  I hope so; I need to run.

Ugh so sorry to hear you're still having insurance issues! Good luck to your husband also. Online classes are usually hit or miss to me. I've taken quite a few, even in law school and am currently taking one now. I hope everything gets better for you and I hope you're able to run today

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#115 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

She will be 2 in less than a month. She is as long as she has a snack and a good view she is great! It was only 1hr and 15mins tho and she started to passout the last mile or so.

Got my extra 3.6miles in so brings my total to 11.1 for the day but havent ran all week so piss poor performance really.

That's awesome that she's so good!! Awesome run total for the day though!!

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#116 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

3.5 today on the treadmill. Then did some jump roping, step ups, and stuff with resistance bands just to switch it up. My nephew birthday party today at a kids gym place so I keep thinking I'll burn extra cals there lol

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#117 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

3.5 today on the treadmill. Then did some jump roping, step ups, and stuff with resistance bands just to switch it up. My nephew birthday party today at a kids gym place so I keep thinking I'll burn extra cals there lol

Nice ! My oldest lives thos places . Iv been thinking if I do some crosstraining on days I dont run it will add up to better results... we will see.

Didnt run today but took a mile walk plus usual house chores ect. Not a great day but im counting it as an off day Ill be doing another 10-12miles tomorrow.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#118 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

Nice ! My oldest lives thos places . Iv been thinking if I do some crosstraining on days I dont run it will add up to better results... we will see.

Didnt run today but took a mile walk plus usual house chores ect. Not a great day but im counting it as an off day Ill be doing another 10-12miles tomorrow.

I def got some extra steps in running around after the kids so that made me feel better. Days off are def needed I always feel like I have much more energy for the long runs if I take off

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#119 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1653 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

5 miles on the treadmill today. It was literally 9 degrees this morning lol

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#120 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:52 PM

5 miles on the treadmill today. It was literally 9 degrees this morning lol

Good job!  I find treadmill runs hard because they are monotonous (to me, at least).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users