Run Accountability Thread - Page 7 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Run Accountability Thread

• Please log in to reply
3092 replies to this topic

#121 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

3.5 today on the treadmill. Then did some jump roping, step ups, and stuff with resistance bands just to switch it up. My nephew birthday party today at a kids gym place so I keep thinking I'll burn extra cals there lol

I want to add jump rope too.  I have one; it's just a matter of doing it.

Height: 5'4"

CW: 96 lb

HW: 140 lb (pregnancy)

LW: 80 lb

UGW: 92? maybe?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#122 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

She will be 2 in less than a month. She is as long as she has a snack and a good view she is great! It was only 1hr and 15mins tho and she started to passout the last mile or so.

Got my extra 3.6miles in so brings my total to 11.1 for the day but havent ran all week so piss poor performance really.

Good job!  I can't remember, do you just have one kid?  She's really well behaved!  Even stroller walks with mine didn't go over well.  My daughter has always been a handful, much as I love her.  Colic as a baby, poor sleeper, no napping, wouldn't play with other kids until she was in the 1st grade.  She's got a lot of sensory issues and I think only just missed the autism spectrum on the Aspergers side.  I am 99.9% certain my dad has Aspergers.  Some of my daughter's sensory issues get overcome with time and/or experience, but others have not.  She still cannot tie a bow and is 11 years old.  She won't wear pants, shorts, skirts, only dresses (and she has really been shooting up this year; she's 5 ft. tall now when they measured her at the dentist in early December,  but she may be 5'1" tall now.  She'll be taller than I am.  My husband is 6'4" tall.  But I have a lot of trouble with the sensory issues; she won't eat mixed foods.  Say I cook tacos; she has to eat it all separate - shell, meat (meat is iffy, she's never been a big meat eater, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese).  Often, I have to take out things in the middle of cooking unseasoned and separate for her, which is a bit of a challenge sometimes.  It's not an ED because she eats most foods, just not those that are combined or a few she hates (like cooked carrots, though she will eat carrots raw).  And it's every sense.  She hates noise, like the vacuum cleaner, hand blow dryers in public restrooms (her school just sends her to the nurse's restroom where there are paper towels, don't know what will happen next year in 6th grade), the clothes, etc.  She has motor delays too like she didn't jump until she was 3.5 yr. old.  Her 1 year old cousin was jumping before she was.  She is fine going upstairs, but she still takes the stairs down in a weird manner.  We just can't afford occupational therapy for her.  My husband had just been teaching high school physics, I'm on a boatload of medications and on top of that got a perforated ulcer last Valentine's Day (ambulance, emergency surgery, 6 days in the hospital, followups galore).  My husband's teacher insurance had a $7500 deductible, so that set us back a pretty penny.  I think it's going to take us 9 years to pay off the hospital with monthly payments of $65.  

Good for you getting 11 miles in. 

• missntgdenuf likes this

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#123 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1685 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

Good job! I find treadmill runs hard because they are monotonous (to me, at least).

Oh same I hate them!! I just don’t have a choice right now lol

it's been awhile since you felt right, 

but the warm nights are coming soon 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#124 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

I ran just over 13 miles Saturday.  Took the day off yesterday; it was my birthday.  I still felt horribly guilty about it this morning, so OMG, I ended up running 20 miles in 2 separate runs of 10 miles.  

I don't know that I really am losing much weight right now (scale is about the same), but I have become very compact.  Ribs definitely show a lot.  I still feel my legs are fat, though I know in reality, it's muscle.  But still...looks fat to me.

#125 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

I ran just over 13 miles Saturday. Took the day off yesterday; it was my birthday. I still felt horribly guilty about it this morning, so OMG, I ended up running 20 miles in 2 separate runs of 10 miles.

I don't know that I really am losing much weight right now (scale is about the same), but I have become very compact. Ribs definitely show a lot. I still feel my legs are fat, though I know in reality, it's muscle. But still...looks fat to me.

Happy belated birthday <3

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#126 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

I ran just over 13 miles Saturday.  Took the day off yesterday; it was my birthday.  I still felt horribly guilty about it this morning, so OMG, I ended up running 20 miles in 2 separate runs of 10 miles.  

I don't know that I really am losing much weight right now (scale is about the same), but I have become very compact.  Ribs definitely show a lot.  I still feel my legs are fat, though I know in reality, it's muscle.  But still...looks fat to me.

HAPPY Birthday!
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability
https://www.myproana.../#entry68599917

#127 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:18 AM

I ran 3.6 yesterday and did 7.3 today pushing the double :0. Lol

Ill come back and reply after when I have more time .
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#128 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Ran 12.5 miles today (tired from yesterday, especially my legs).  I power walked another 1.5 miles.  I had a woman stopped me this morning to ask if I had run in the Houston marathon on the 19th.  I told her no, I wasn't to that point yet.  Though thinking about it, maybe, if I ate more & took a few more break days.  I know I could do a half marathon, no problem.

Still having issues feeling my legs are fat.  I wish I were taller, but genetics were not in my favor.  My mom is 5'1" tall and my father 5'7".  I guess I was lucky to get to 5'4".  My 2 sisters are 5'3" and 5'2" tall.

• missntgdenuf and savannah27 like this

#129 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:43 PM

Good job!  I can't remember, do you just have one kid?  She's really well behaved!  Even stroller walks with mine didn't go over well.  My daughter has always been a handful, much as I love her.  Colic as a baby, poor sleeper, no napping, wouldn't play with other kids until she was in the 1st grade.  She's got a lot of sensory issues and I think only just missed the autism spectrum on the Aspergers side.  I am 99.9% certain my dad has Aspergers.  Some of my daughter's sensory issues get overcome with time and/or experience, but others have not.  She still cannot tie a bow and is 11 years old.  She won't wear pants, shorts, skirts, only dresses (and she has really been shooting up this year; she's 5 ft. tall now when they measured her at the dentist in early December,  but she may be 5'1" tall now.  She'll be taller than I am.  My husband is 6'4" tall.  But I have a lot of trouble with the sensory issues; she won't eat mixed foods.  Say I cook tacos; she has to eat it all separate - shell, meat (meat is iffy, she's never been a big meat eater, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese).  Often, I have to take out things in the middle of cooking unseasoned and separate for her, which is a bit of a challenge sometimes.  It's not an ED because she eats most foods, just not those that are combined or a few she hates (like cooked carrots, though she will eat carrots raw).  And it's every sense.  She hates noise, like the vacuum cleaner, hand blow dryers in public restrooms (her school just sends her to the nurse's restroom where there are paper towels, don't know what will happen next year in 6th grade), the clothes, etc.  She has motor delays too like she didn't jump until she was 3.5 yr. old.  Her 1 year old cousin was jumping before she was.  She is fine going upstairs, but she still takes the stairs down in a weird manner.  We just can't afford occupational therapy for her.  My husband had just been teaching high school physics, I'm on a boatload of medications and on top of that got a perforated ulcer last Valentine's Day (ambulance, emergency surgery, 6 days in the hospital, followups galore).  My husband's teacher insurance had a $7500 deductible, so that set us back a pretty penny.  I think it's going to take us 9 years to pay off the hospital with monthly payments of $65.  

Good for you getting 11 miles in.

My daughters are 5 and 1 soon to be 2. Im sorry to here about all the issuesyou have faced my youngest was born with club feet she spent 6months as a newborn in casts having surgery at 7weeks old we have been through our fare share but still feel very blessed for where we are . I have Borderline personality disorder so I struggle day to day with my own mental health but trying to just take it one day at a time and be sure that each of us have our needs met. Mine is mostly being able to run cook and clean . Also B/ping but thats more of a compulsion than a need.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#130 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

I understand other mental health issues.  It's a challenge.  I have bipolar type I, with mixed features, which is pretty much as bad as bipolar gets though I've only had 2 instances of absolute psychosis and then one manic instance of hypergraphia.  I wrote and wrote and wrote.  It was automatic.  I couldn't stop it.  I only stopped when someone took away pen & paper and made me stop.  The mixed features are tricky to treat with medication and they lead a person to tend to be more rash, whether manic or depressed.  I have panic disorder (anxiety too), PTSD, and then the ED and oh, my new doctor topped me off with ADHD though really I think I was fine until I got on stupid psych meds.  But whatever, I got an Adderall prescription out of it, and I do read better now.  Took a few selfies in the mirror and do think I am looking thinner, verging on starting to look ED and needing to hide more.  i see the psychiatrist Thursday, and I've got to weigh in on his stupid scale that weighs 5 lb. light (lighter than mine, my PCP's, the dermatologist, pretty much everywhere).  So it makes things look worse than they are.  Thank God it is supposed to be colder by Thursday.  Today, it was warm all day (mid-60s to 70s, down to upper 60s).

#131 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

5.5 on the treadmill first thing before work today

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#132 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

5.5 on the treadmill first thing before work today

Great job!

• savannah27 likes this

#133 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

15.1 miles in the late morning.  It got really cold (for here, anyway).  It poured this morning, but the rain had mostly stopped.  I couldn't believe my eyes while running; a couple small snowflakes fell.  Of course, they melted right away; the temperature is above freezing.  It's a rarity here.  It may happen once every winter or may not.  Sometimes we get enough snow flurries to stick a bit, but it's about a 10 year occurrence.  It happened last winter, and people were waking their kids at 3 AM, so they could see the snow.  I didn't realize how cold it was outside.  I should have worn thicker gloves.  Does anyone here have Raynaud's phenomenon?  I've had it without being on meds or given a specific cause probably since high school, but I'm on a couple of psych meds that say they can cause it, which I want to remember to ask the doctor if that means they can make existing Raynaud's worse?  OMG, my hands hurt so bad when I came in even though I know it doesn't get cold enough outside here to cause issues like frostbite, but my hands were so bright red and hurt so bad for so long.  They took ages to warm up.

#134 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

15.1 miles in the late morning.  It got really cold (for here, anyway).  It poured this morning, but the rain had mostly stopped.  I couldn't believe my eyes while running; a couple small snowflakes fell.  Of course, they melted right away; the temperature is above freezing.  It's a rarity here.  It may happen once every winter or may not.  Sometimes we get enough snow flurries to stick a bit, but it's about a 10 year occurrence.  It happened last winter, and people were waking their kids at 3 AM, so they could see the snow.  I didn't realize how cold it was outside.  I should have worn thicker gloves.  Does anyone here have Raynaud's phenomenon?  I've had it without being on meds or given a specific cause probably since high school, but I'm on a couple of psych meds that say they can cause it, which I want to remember to ask the doctor if that means they can make existing Raynaud's worse?  OMG, my hands hurt so bad when I came in even though I know it doesn't get cold enough outside here to cause issues like frostbite, but my hands were so bright red and hurt so bad for so long.  They took ages to warm up.

Wow, awesome job! I get the Raynaud's sensation a lot! Takes forever to get warm and any feeling back again. 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#135 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

8.37 today i should have made the extra .13 to make it 8.5 but i was already at my car. Running goal for tomorrow is 7.5
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#136 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

8.37 today i should have made the extra .13 to make it 8.5 but i was already at my car. Running goal for tomorrow is 7.5

That is awesome!  Great job!

#137 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:52 PM

11 miles on the dot this morning.  I didn't plan it out; it just happened like that; sometimes, I change up my route, circle an area one time, then two or one or not at all.  It was cold enough for frost on roofs and car windows & windshields.  The Raynaud's was really bad again when I got back inside.  

I saw my psychiatrist this morning and mentioned it to him.  He said the Adderall or propranolol (blood pressure med often prescribed for anxiety) might do it, to talk to my rheumatologist.  My next rheumatology appt. isn't until the beginning of March, and by then winter will be a thing of the past here, but if it stays so bad, I might have to go see her sooner.

I was very worried about weighing in today, but the psychiatrist didn't even put me on the scale.  I had on a very thick halfway turtleneck sweater, boots, had drunk lots of fluids.  But the weather made my clothing look appropriate and not like I was trying to hide something.  And I actually did my hair and makeup, which I found from reading my past psych records, that psychiatrists note this.  I don't think I'd ever worn makeup to an appt. with him (will have been seeing him 1 yr. at the end of March) or done my hair as carefully, so maybe that made him happy.  I asked if he'd reduce my Seroquel from 500 mg back to 400 mg and he said not yet, I still sound like I'm coming off a manicky phase (bipolar).  Oh well.  Sometimes, I comply with the 500 mg and sometimes not.  My dosage is broken up into 1 400 mg pill and 1 100 mg pill each night.  Think the Seroquel may be slowing my weight loss, but it's still the best med I have for falling asleep at night.  I have had sleep difficulties for as long as I remember.  But, oh, well, he renewed my Adderall script anyway, so I'm not complaining.  Not that it's been magic for my weight loss or appetite, but it does give me energy & an actual sex drive again besides helping concentrate on things like reading or watching a show on TV.

• savannah27 likes this

#138 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1685 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

3.50 on the treadmill today. While it reached 50 degrees today, it poured all day long so running outside still a no go 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#139 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

3.50 on the treadmill today. While it reached 50 degrees today, it poured all day long so running outside still a no go

Go us :) I did 3.5 today too !
  • savannah27 likes this
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
πŸ™„CW 135πŸ™„
πŸ‘‰GW1 135πŸ‘ˆβœ…
πŸ’œGW2 125πŸ’œ
πŸ’˜UGW 115πŸ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#140 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

We're all doing great!  Not much weight loss for me (think the d*mn Seroquel is keeping me weight stable) or either it is the most stubborn set point weight ever.  I have never had a set point here before, but I suppose things can always change.  I've had it mostly at 112 lb. if weight lifting & drinking protein shakes (super muscular plus lost lots of cellulite that way).  It was some years ago, maybe around 2014, but I was really into it.  I thought I was fat then, but when I see pictures from the time (husband's computer screen saver rotates through photos he thinks are good, and a couple of me are from that time period), I'm think, "Wow, if I were taller, I could have been a fitness model" even though I was already in my mid-30s.  My other set point for most of my adult life was 104 lb. except when I was breastfeeding, I could barely maintain 100 lb.  My daughter was super slow to take to eating foods (called baby led weaning), but it did not completely wean my daughter until she just turned 4 years, though by then it was a few sips before bedtime at night or if she got upset or hurt, best thing for all her mini-tantrums and small hurts. A s I mentioned, not the easiest child at all (so hard compared to my 2 sisters with my 2 nephews & 3 nieces), so God knew what he was doing when he only gave me one.  I tried really hard for 2-3 years for a sibling.  Both my husband and I got initial fertility tests, and we were fine and decided not to pursue any infertility treatment.  It's called secondary infertility, and it happens to a lot of women not even dealing with EDs.  Fertility OB thought nothing in particular was wrong with either of us though I had a slightly shaped unicorn uterus which apparently makes it hard to get pregnant for some women but he thought not in my case since I already had a child - I worked hard to keep my weight up to 108-110 lb.  Sometimes I wonder if it was using the copper IUD (Paragard) for birth control after my daughter was born or possibly the ED even if the doc said it wasn't.  Could be genetic though.  We didn't rush for a child (daughter was 4 when I got the IUD removed) as I got pregnant in my 2nd cycle trying with her (and 1st cycle had poor fertility timing).  My maternal grandmother was an only child, and she was born in the Depression Era of the 1930s, in a very poor farming community, her parents sharecroppers, and that was very unusual for those times, to have just one kid if you were that poor.  I am 41 now :(  Getting ancient.  No birth control for IDK, 8 years maybe, and nothing.  Hopefully, nothing now as I am of what is considered advanced maternal age, subject to more pregnancy issues or issues with the baby, more likely chance of Down's Syndrome too.  Not that I wouldn't love a Down's child (had one in my class at school, the sweetest person ever). Sadly she passed away a few months ago. All the health problems & extra care would be too much for me after my daughter being a difficult child to parent, I think. Not to mention getting off these stupid psych drugs plus the Protonix I have to take post-ulcer surgery.  Hopefully, the GI doc will do away with it after my next appt. as it can lead to increased chances of things like lupus and easy fracture of wrist, ankles & hips with falls, especially if you already have osteoporosis.  I have osteopenia in my back and right hip verging on osteoporosis from the ED.

Just some getting to know questions I'm curious about, answer only if you want:

How old are you? 41, for me

Do you have siblings? Yes, 2 younger sisters

Do you have nieces/nephrews  3 nieces, 2 nephews

Besides running, do you have other hobbies?  reading

Does anyone here run outside in the dark?  Yes, super early morning is my favorite time to run, and in the summer, my only option really because of the heat & humidity.

P.S. Sorry for long posts.  I think it's part of hypergraphia associated with bipolar hypomania/mania.  Don't think it's full mania though.  When I had that, I could not stop writing at all until someone took pen, pencil, paper, and computer away from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users