Run Accountability Thread - Page 8 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Run Accountability Thread

• Please log in to reply
2980 replies to this topic

#141 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

We're all doing great! Not much weight loss for me (think the d*mn Seroquel is keeping me weight stable) or either it is the most stubborn set point weight ever. I have never had a set point here before, but I suppose things can always change. I've had it mostly at 112 lb. if weight lifting & drinking protein shakes (super muscular plus lost lots of cellulite that way). It was some years ago, maybe around 2014, but I was really into it. I thought I was fat then, but when I see pictures from the time (husband's computer screen saver rotates through photos he thinks are good, and a couple of me are from that time period), I'm think, "Wow, if I were taller, I could have been a fitness model" even though I was already in my mid-30s. My other set point for most of my adult life was 104 lb. except when I was breastfeeding, I could barely maintain 100 lb. My daughter was super slow to take to eating foods (called baby led weaning), but it did not completely wean my daughter until she just turned 4 years, though by then it was a few sips before bedtime at night or if she got upset or hurt, best thing for all her mini-tantrums and small hurts. A s I mentioned, not the easiest child at all (so hard compared to my 2 sisters with my 2 nephews & 3 nieces), so God knew what he was doing when he only gave me one. I tried really hard for 2-3 years for a sibling. Both my husband and I got initial fertility tests, and we were fine and decided not to pursue any infertility treatment. It's called secondary infertility, and it happens to a lot of women not even dealing with EDs. Fertility OB thought nothing in particular was wrong with either of us though I had a slightly shaped unicorn uterus which apparently makes it hard to get pregnant for some women but he thought not in my case since I already had a child - I worked hard to keep my weight up to 108-110 lb. Sometimes I wonder if it was using the copper IUD (Paragard) for birth control after my daughter was born or possibly the ED even if the doc said it wasn't. Could be genetic though. We didn't rush for a child (daughter was 4 when I got the IUD removed) as I got pregnant in my 2nd cycle trying with her (and 1st cycle had poor fertility timing). My maternal grandmother was an only child, and she was born in the Depression Era of the 1930s, in a very poor farming community, her parents sharecroppers, and that was very unusual for those times, to have just one kid if you were that poor. I am 41 now :( Getting ancient. No birth control for IDK, 8 years maybe, and nothing. Hopefully, nothing now as I am of what is considered advanced maternal age, subject to more pregnancy issues or issues with the baby, more likely chance of Down's Syndrome too. Not that I wouldn't love a Down's child (had one in my class at school, the sweetest person ever). Sadly she passed away a few months ago. All the health problems & extra care would be too much for me after my daughter being a difficult child to parent, I think. Not to mention getting off these stupid psych drugs plus the Protonix I have to take post-ulcer surgery. Hopefully, the GI doc will do away with it after my next appt. as it can lead to increased chances of things like lupus and easy fracture of wrist, ankles & hips with falls, especially if you already have osteoporosis. I have osteopenia in my back and right hip verging on osteoporosis from the ED.

Just some getting to know questions I'm curious about, answer only if you want:
How old are you? 41, for me
Do you have siblings? Yes, 2 younger sisters
Do you have nieces/nephrews 3 nieces, 2 nephews
Besides running, do you have other hobbies? reading
Does anyone here run outside in the dark? Yes, super early morning is my favorite time to run, and in the summer, my only option really because of the heat & humidity.

P.S. Sorry for long posts. I think it's part of hypergraphia associated with bipolar hypomania/mania. Don't think it's full mania though. When I had that, I could not stop writing at all until someone took pen, pencil, paper, and computer away from me.

No need to be sorry, I donโ€™t mind your long posts. Itโ€™s interestings learning about you guys and learning your perspectives.

I am 23. Still live with my parents as I am in law school.
I have one older sister. Also had/has an ED.
I have one niece and one nephew. My boyfriend has quite a few nieces and nephews that I am close with as well.
I enjoy reading. Especially thrillers and mysteries. I hope to write my own fiction thriller type books one day.
I donโ€™t run outside in the dark bc my boyfriend and parents are sooo dramatic about it bc they worry about me but I feel I would like it!

it's been awhile since you felt right, 

but the warm nights are coming soon 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#142 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

6.50 on the treadmill today in 49 mins
  • missntgdenuf likes this

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#143 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

Great job and awesome time!  I wish I were that fast!

Height: 5'4"

CW: 96 lb

HW: 140 lb (pregnancy)

LW: 80 lb

UGW: 92? maybe?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#144 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

FitBit and MapMyRun never agree 100%.  I've got one of the few Fitbits with the built in GPS (Fitbit Surge).  Of course, MapMyRun uses the phone's GPS.  Both are close, and there are errors in each besides errors I make such as I will not realize I pushed hard enough on the Fitbit start button to stop it running while starting it or forget to restart it after stopping it (mostly for iTunes malfunctions and using the water fountain in the park), and I don't pause my run time for waiting out vehicles and having to jog in place or squeezing between cars blocking the sidewalk.  I try to run on the sidewalks when possible, but it's not always possible or easy, especially if the sidewalk slants, or there are tons of trees that are dropping stuff (oaks & pine mostly) all at the same time onto the sidewalk.  And parts will be muddy or still have panels full of water several days after it last rained.  Not to mention the vehicles that park blocking the sidewalk.  There is a rule against this in the HOA, but it's not enforced, and I don't think the city has a law about it at all.  

I had to run a bit different route today on my 2nd run because the city was doing sewage work in a part of the neighborhood I like to run in.  I ran by once, thinking it was probably water line work, but nope, sewer work and a lot of it (not only lots of blocked areas I couldn't run in but also the smell, ugh).  Anyway, I'll go with the Fitbit as it tends to give me less distance.  I had 2 runs, one of 7.15 miles (9'45" /mile pace) and a longer one of 10.01 miles (9'22' per mile pace), so the total is 17.16 miles. MapMyRun gives me a total of 17.29 miles with my first the slower pace the second run faster. MapMyRun gives me 9'29"/mile and 9'18"/mile.  The first run was early morning in the dark.  It was light out for the second run (also less traffic).  Though I'm not fast, it is a lot better than when I was in high school PE and had to run 1 mile for a fitness test in 10 minutes or less.  I remember it was a struggle on the track, and it took me over 11 minutes.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

#145 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

PRACTICALLY 7.5min miles thats AMAZING! I COULD BARELY MAKE 8 MIN MILES AND THATS IF I ONLY RUN 2MILES . CONGRATS!
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
๐Ÿ™„CW 135๐Ÿ™„
๐Ÿ‘‰GW1 135๐Ÿ‘ˆโœ…
๐Ÿ’œGW2 125๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’˜UGW 115๐Ÿ’˜

weight.png

Accountability
https://www.myproana.../#entry68599917

#146 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

FitBit and MapMyRun never agree 100%. I've got one of the few Fitbits with the built in GPS (Fitbit Surge). Of course, MapMyRun uses the phone's GPS. Both are close, and there are errors in each besides errors I make such as I will not realize I pushed hard enough on the Fitbit start button to stop it running while starting it or forget to restart it after stopping it (mostly for iTunes malfunctions and using the water fountain in the park), and I don't pause my run time for waiting out vehicles and having to jog in place or squeezing between cars blocking the sidewalk. I try to run on the sidewalks when possible, but it's not always possible or easy, especially if the sidewalk slants, or there are tons of trees that are dropping stuff (oaks & pine mostly) all at the same time onto the sidewalk. And parts will be muddy or still have panels full of water several days after it last rained. Not to mention the vehicles that park blocking the sidewalk. There is a rule against this in the HOA, but it's not enforced, and I don't think the city has a law about it at all.

I had to run a bit different route today on my 2nd run because the city was doing sewage work in a part of the neighborhood I like to run in. I ran by once, thinking it was probably water line work, but nope, sewer work and a lot of it (not only lots of blocked areas I couldn't run in but also the smell, ugh). Anyway, I'll go with the Fitbit as it tends to give me less distance. I had 2 runs, one of 7.15 miles (9'45" /mile pace) and a longer one of 10.01 miles (9'22' per mile pace), so the total is 17.16 miles. MapMyRun gives me a total of 17.29 miles with my first the slower pace the second run faster. MapMyRun gives me 9'29"/mile and 9'18"/mile. The first run was early morning in the dark. It was light out for the second run (also less traffic). Though I'm not fast, it is a lot better than when I was in high school PE and had to run 1 mile for a fitness test in 10 minutes or less. I remember it was a struggle on the track, and it took me over 11 minutes.

I always trusted my Fitbit more than mapmyrun! Just seemed more accurate to me. I have an Apple Watch now though. I absolutely love it for running

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#147 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:33 PM

PRACTICALLY 7.5min miles thats AMAZING! I COULD BARELY MAKE 8 MIN MILES AND THATS IF I ONLY RUN 2MILES . CONGRATS!

Awww thanks but itโ€™s the treadmill really lol I force myself to run that fast or fly off hahah

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#148 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:55 AM

FitBit and MapMyRun never agree 100%.  I've got one of the few Fitbits with the built in GPS (Fitbit Surge).  Of course, MapMyRun uses the phone's GPS.  Both are close, and there are errors in each besides errors I make such as I will not realize I pushed hard enough on the Fitbit start button to stop it running while starting it or forget to restart it after stopping it (mostly for iTunes malfunctions and using the water fountain in the park), and I don't pause my run time for waiting out vehicles and having to jog in place or squeezing between cars blocking the sidewalk.  I try to run on the sidewalks when possible, but it's not always possible or easy, especially if the sidewalk slants, or there are tons of trees that are dropping stuff (oaks & pine mostly) all at the same time onto the sidewalk.  And parts will be muddy or still have panels full of water several days after it last rained.  Not to mention the vehicles that park blocking the sidewalk.  There is a rule against this in the HOA, but it's not enforced, and I don't think the city has a law about it at all.  

I had to run a bit different route today on my 2nd run because the city was doing sewage work in a part of the neighborhood I like to run in.  I ran by once, thinking it was probably water line work, but nope, sewer work and a lot of it (not only lots of blocked areas I couldn't run in but also the smell, ugh).  Anyway, I'll go with the Fitbit as it tends to give me less distance.  I had 2 runs, one of 7.15 miles (9'45" /mile pace) and a longer one of 10.01 miles (9'22' per mile pace), so the total is 17.16 miles. MapMyRun gives me a total of 17.29 miles with my first the slower pace the second run faster. MapMyRun gives me 9'29"/mile and 9'18"/mile.  The first run was early morning in the dark.  It was light out for the second run (also less traffic).  Though I'm not fast, it is a lot better than when I was in high school PE and had to run 1 mile for a fitness test in 10 minutes or less.  I remember it was a struggle on the track, and it took me over 11 minutes.

I used to use my fitbit but then it disappeared. I have no choice but to use mapmyrun now and its been ok i think it is occasionally a bit off tho.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
๐Ÿ™„CW 135๐Ÿ™„
๐Ÿ‘‰GW1 135๐Ÿ‘ˆโœ…
๐Ÿ’œGW2 125๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’˜UGW 115๐Ÿ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

#149 saint_anything

saint_anything

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Mind if I join this thread? I've been lurking the past week and it's made me go out and do that run in the rain that I was dreading.

You're all so motivational! I love it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f

#150 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

Mind if I join this thread? I've been lurking the past week and it's made me go out and do that run in the rain that I was dreading.

Yes please join :) 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#151 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

Just a quick 4 miles today 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#152 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

I donโ€™t mind. Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#153 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Only just over 8 miles this morning :(. But I also started my period today, and the first 2,3 days are blah. I am pretty tired today, and I did run a lot yesterday.

• savannah27 likes this

#154 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

Anyone know which is more accurate for mileage, Fitbit or MapMyRun? I have the Fitbit Surge, one of the few with built in GPS independent of your cellphone.

#155 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Did a photo dump on the share your most recent body check under the selfie section if anyone is interested.  I think I'm bloated...ugh.  Front facing shows ulcer scar from emergency operation Feb. 14, 2018 (perforated ulcer).  

#156 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

What type of ED does everyone have besides the running addiction?

Mine makes me look like I'm playing at an ED.  I have anorexia, purging type (purging thru exercise obviously).  I probably eat 1500, 1800 cal. per day (don't really count them), but I still end up with a deficit most days from the running.  My husband doesn't even think it's an ED, just too much exercise due to stress, anxiety, and being bipolar mixed.  It tends to be an invisible ED though.  Does anyone here restrict a lot?  I did in college with the overexercise; it's how I got to my LW, but it just wasn't sustainable or even a life.  For those who don't have it posted or a ? (like me) what is your UGW?  I think right now maybe 95 lb. and not to have days I'm 97 or 98 on the scale.  Probably maintain here, but I really want smaller legs.  Mine are so muscular from running.  Is it like that for anyone else?

#157 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:51 AM

Mine makes me look like I'm playing at an ED.  I have anorexia, purging type (purging thru exercise obviously).  I probably eat 1500, 1800 cal. per day (don't really count them), but I still end up with a deficit most days from the running.  My husband doesn't even think it's an ED, just too much exercise due to stress, anxiety, and being bipolar mixed.  It tends to be an invisible ED though.  Does anyone here restrict a lot?  I did in college with the overexercise; it's how I got to my LW, but it just wasn't sustainable or even a life.  For those who don't have it posted or a ? (like me) what is your UGW?  I think right now maybe 95 lb. and not to have days I'm 97 or 98 on the scale.  Probably maintain here, but I really want smaller legs.  Mine are so muscular from running.  Is it like that for anyone else?

I was diagnosed with anorexia restricting type when I was 18. After a few attempts at recovering, I'd say I'm more of a purging type through exercise now like you said. Which, again like you said, makes my bf and parents think I'm totally fine just like exercising but they don't know how much I'm actually exercising and how much I'm actually burning. And I hate my legs in general but I noticed my calves are more muscular from running and I hate it 

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#158 Cln1812

Cln1812

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

I was diagnosed with anorexia restricting type when I was 18. After a few attempts at recovering, I'd say I'm more of a purging type through exercise now like you said. Which, again like you said, makes my bf and parents think I'm totally fine just like exercising but they don't know how much I'm actually exercising and how much I'm actually burning. And I hate my legs in general but I noticed my calves are more muscular from running and I hate it 

I understand exactly how you feel.  I've got muscular legs too.  I've posted some photos in the selfies body check thread (the very long thread).  97.2 on the scale this morning.  I ran 15.20 miles according to my Fitbit, MapMyRun says 15.4 miles.  Somewhere in there.  My pace sucked at the end; it was mainly about pushing myself to the finish (15 miles was what I was aiming for).  

Later, though, I had a horrible panic attack, like I just couldn't breathe, couldn't feel my extremities unless I thought "left toes" and wriggled them, pounding heart.  It was awful and lasted around 45 minutes, even with taking my anti-anxiety meds early, the extras to take for backup - Klonopin, low dose Seroquel, hydroxyzine.  Finally took tizanidine (muscle relaxer) prescribed from my rheumatologist.  It really sucked because my daughter & I were supposed to go to a birthday party for my oldest niece, and I had to call my sister and tell her I couldn't come because of a panic attack.  Both of my sisters I consider my friends, but the youngest lives closest to me.  My best friend from college lives in Connecticut now; I haven't seen her in years.  

But anyway, I hadn't had one of those long, long panic attacks since 4 or 5 months ago, back when I was complaint with my meds.  I need to just take the Seroquel as prescribed, not take just a 100 mg pill at night, but at least the 400 mg (which I was on for a long time) or the actual prescribed dosage of 500 mg.  The 500 mg is the amount that gets me so I just can't get up OK in the morning and only want to sleep.  Though not taking it as prescribed may be making me slightly hypomanic too.

#159 savannah27

savannah27

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1670 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

I understand exactly how you feel. I've got muscular legs too. I've posted some photos in the selfies body check thread (the very long thread). 97.2 on the scale this morning. I ran 15.20 miles according to my Fitbit, MapMyRun says 15.4 miles. Somewhere in there. My pace sucked at the end; it was mainly about pushing myself to the finish (15 miles was what I was aiming for).

Later, though, I had a horrible panic attack, like I just couldn't breathe, couldn't feel my extremities unless I thought "left toes" and wriggled them, pounding heart. It was awful and lasted around 45 minutes, even with taking my anti-anxiety meds early, the extras to take for backup - Klonopin, low dose Seroquel, hydroxyzine. Finally took tizanidine (muscle relaxer) prescribed from my rheumatologist. It really sucked because my daughter & I were supposed to go to a birthday party for my oldest niece, and I had to call my sister and tell her I couldn't come because of a panic attack. Both of my sisters I consider my friends, but the youngest lives closest to me. My best friend from college lives in Connecticut now; I haven't seen her in years.

But anyway, I hadn't had one of those long, long panic attacks since 4 or 5 months ago, back when I was complaint with my meds. I need to just take the Seroquel as prescribed, not take just a 100 mg pill at night, but at least the 400 mg (which I was on for a long time) or the actual prescribed dosage of 500 mg. The 500 mg is the amount that gets me so I just can't get up OK in the morning and only want to sleep. Though not taking it as prescribed may be making me slightly hypomanic too.

Awww Iโ€™m really sorry to hear about the panic attack :( if you donโ€™t mind me asking, how did your sister react when you told her you couldnโ€™t come because of a panic attack? I get panic attacks too and I feel like family members kind of shame me about it. I guess they just donโ€™t understand

and you'll be just fine,

you'll be just fine. 

#160 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

I used to exclusively binge then it turned into b/p bulimia then I began restricting and over excersizeing. I have never really talked about it nor do i have any idea what id be classified as. My high wieght is 200 while pregnant. My low is 128. Im trying to get to a new low of 115 and will decrease more if I can right now because of bingeing and not excersizeing enough im not really lossing im kinda stuck.... need to restrict more and excersize more. I also purge by taking laxatives a lot around 2-3 daily. Idk why im not loosing.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
๐Ÿ™„CW 135๐Ÿ™„
๐Ÿ‘‰GW1 135๐Ÿ‘ˆโœ…
๐Ÿ’œGW2 125๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’˜UGW 115๐Ÿ’˜

weight.png

Accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users