Run Accountability Thread - Page 80 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Run Accountability Thread

• Please log in to reply
1583 replies to this topic

#1581 runningwithyou

runningwithyou

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Ran 6.5 km / 4.05 miles very slowly in 34 minutes in an attempt to not aggravate my calf. I've been switching my shoes up, and my super old beat up shoes feel the best, so I guess I'm sticking with those until my new ones come in

• sweetdaisy likes this

~Every step takes me closer to my goal~

173 cm (5'8")

92-68-105cm/36-27.0-41.3in

HW: 82 kg (181 lbs)   LW: 57.5 kg (127 lbs)

#1582 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted Today, 01:13 AM

Ran 6.5 km / 4.05 miles very slowly in 34 minutes in an attempt to not aggravate my calf. I've been switching my shoes up, and my super old beat up shoes feel the best, so I guess I'm sticking with those until my new ones come in

I currently have 4 pairs of shoes on the go (2 trail shoes and 2 road running shoes). I use my newer shoes the majority of the time, but then every now and then/in particular after a long run, I wear one of the older pairs.

I find this helps a lot and I don't tend to get any calf problems or shin splints.
  • cheshire_kitten likes this

#1583 cheshire_kitten

cheshire_kitten

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted Today, 09:18 AM

I have a problem with buying running shoes... I have roughly 10 pairs and I use all of them. 

That's a bit excessive, I admit, but switching shoes up does help a lot keeping certain overuse injuries at bay. :)

On-topic: Did my 45k long run today instead of tomorrow, because of the weather forecast. 

• sweetdaisy likes this

#1584 sweetdaisy

sweetdaisy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

On-topic: Did my 45k long run today instead of tomorrow, because of the weather forecast.

Great distance. Are you training for an event?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users