What triggered your recent restriction phase? - EDNOS Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What triggered your recent restriction phase?

• Please log in to reply
1241 replies to this topic

#1 lilynight

lilynight

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Locationeither home or clothes shopping

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

Why are you in your current restricting phase? What triggered mine was seeing a girl I haven’t seen in a long time who used to be fat lost a shit ton of weight. Also, my boyfriends stepmom has a lot of health problems and she has dropped a ton of weight. What about you guys?
  • Ninon, vegan linny, InfiniteSpiral33 and 4 others like this
public nuisance

there’s blood in my alcohol system!!!

#2 dumbbitchjuice

dumbbitchjuice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

i gained some weight over the holidays from binging whOOps

• mistersnail, daisyrain, Moth Princess and 10 others like this

#3 Guest_Dr. Allison Cameron_*

Guest_Dr. Allison Cameron_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

Oh geez. So my brother alternates between calling me tiny and calling me obese. My dad said I’m skinny now but I was “heavy at one point for a little bit” (literally my BMI has never been over 21 but). And my brother said I ate a ton of food (I had only had like 600 calories) and told me he hadn’t eaten all day. It’s like I don’t really know where I stand, all I know is I want to be back at my lw. No one has really commented on my recent weight loss (BMI 20 to BMI 18.5) and I want to be so thin people have to notice
  • RomanDeLaRose, Minky31 and maddsyo like this

#4 Guest_Sam the Bard_*

Guest_Sam the Bard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:00 AM

Screwing up at work and feeling like a complete failure. Actually, just all of December, really. I was sick with back to back colds and I didn’t eat much, my face finally slimmed up a bit. But I had stopped taking my bipolar meds and grew very manic over the holidays. When I finally was able to go back to work, I lost my temper and started bawling and treated everyone like shit. Now I don’t have a job, my wedding is in a month and I’m wearing a size 14 dress because of how fucking fat I am and I feel like everything is going out of control in my life. So I am slowly starting to restrict again.

#5 HereInSecret

HereInSecret

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:01 AM

long distance relationship, i need to lose weight before he sees me again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TreatmentDidntWork, youcantbuythin, kittenish and 18 others like this

#6 Sweet Creature

Sweet Creature

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

- Weight loss progress stalled (because of normal eating and B/P) and was at the same weight for 2 months
- Girl at my work obsessed with dieting, weight, exercise has lost more weight (need to beat her lol I'm going to hell)
Sweet Creature ~ Had another talk about where it's going wrong ♩

#7 EvilCade

EvilCade

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:36 AM

I just need it to help control the anxiety.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
  • MrsSharpie0711, dewdrop, flour and 12 others like this

#8 Dikkie84

Dikkie84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:05 AM

- Stopped taking certain meds which made me drop weight without eating less.
- Work stress.
- Someone I used to be in treatment with suddenly regularly showing up in my life with a BMI of say.. 12.
- Compliments on how I look from random men in my life.. I don't do well with those and know that if I lose more weight they'll stop.
- Judging myself on my lack of social skills a lot lately for some reason. Or judging myself in general.
  • Sovia, LonelyGurl and Princess Daisy like this

#9 Zoheey

Zoheey

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMoon, probably

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:05 AM

I've gained a lot of weight last year bc of my antidepressants and a new job, and the holiday's season has been THE WORST.

One of my in law's friend told me at christmas that I should not eat so much bc soon I wouldn't be able to pass through the door, and at new year's a friend kept commenting on how much weight I've gained and how fat I am now, fml.

Sooo, I stopped taking the meds and I'm eating under 1000kcal everyday and here we go again.

Enviado de meu SM-J700M usando o Tapatalk
  • RomanDeLaRose likes this

Height: 1,67m (5'5.75")

HW: 86.3kg (190.2lbs)
CW:
75.7kg (167lbs)

UGW: 48kg (105lbs)

Progress: 

Spoiler

Goals:

Spoiler

#10 Guest_Sleppybunny82_*

Guest_Sleppybunny82_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

Binged on the holidays and something just clicked for me when new year came around the corner. 'I got this i can do it' and how weird it may sounds its working
  • youcantbuythin, Zoheey, zoodlecat and 5 others like this

#11 soybih

soybih

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Locationether

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:15 AM

the christmas induced binge week

Ingredients: depression, anxiety, and a weird ed (orthorexia, anorexia, bulimia)
Might contain: xanax, soymilk tea and cherry tomatoes
Serving size: 120lbs (one 5ft8 human)

#12 the mothman

the mothman

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Well I'm b/p getting back into restriction rn (and doing surprisingly well) but it was all because my sister made a comment that her friend thinks that my sister is anorexic.

But her friend is the type to like,, try and diagnose my sister with different shit when it's literally depression and anxiety but whatever

So the fear of my sister ever being skinnier than me or having an ed (theres like. A 0.1% possibility of that) lit a fire under my ass and now I use that idea as inspiration

Fucked up I know

#13 LyssfulThinking

LyssfulThinking

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Actually (and ironically?), it was my recovery from bulimia. The slew of digestive problems that accompanied it led me back into restricting. Currently trying to toe the line between "just a little" underweight and falling deep into old habits. It's hard.

• myXchemicalXthinness, MarianasTrenchcoat, xiare and 4 others like this

102 and trying to be okay with it

#14 imbabyblue

imbabyblue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Been losing steadily 10kg with high calorie restricting. Started to binge-drink alcohol with binges when I was hangover the next day. It turned into a pattern on my bad days.

Didnt gain that much. But I can’t continue living like that, so its time to get back on track. Its time to get real and have control again. I was lucky I didnt gain that much from it.

Low calorie restricting for a kick-start, and because I need to feel that I achieve and manage something in my chaotic life.

I need this right now. Something destructive to keep me going. Trying to use dieting instead of alcohol and food. Doing something greener and «healthier.»

• youcantbuythin, Scottydoesntknow, Minky31 and 5 others like this

#15 milkywithy

milkywithy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

fat friend insisting we're the same size and that i will never be athletic the way i was in high school

oh well

• youcantbuythin and RomanDeLaRose like this

#16 butterednoodles

butterednoodles

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

My boyfriend weighs less than me part 2

My uncle (TO MY BOYFRIEND) said “well she outweighs you so....” obviously referring to me ;-;
god damn how hard is it to not do that lmao I hate myself tm
  • Riiin likes this

giphy.gif

#17 tiredgirl

tiredgirl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3617 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

Realized I'd gained 15 lbs in one semester and it sufficiently freaked me out esp since I want to go to vegas with my girlfriends over spring break..so i gotta lose it to look good lol

5'3

HW: 190 SW: 160 CW: 120.8 GW1: 140 GW2: 130 GW 3: 120 UGW: 110

#18 cocainemodel

cocainemodel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

Dropping out of school, bf cheating on me, family issues. I want something to focus on and control back. 

#19 JManskald

JManskald

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC, USA

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Gained 10 lbs over the fall/winter holidays.

Height: 5'6" CW: 114.6lbs (1/7/20) SW: 148 lbs LW: 106.8 lbs GW: 95 lbs

#20 ClementineCouture

ClementineCouture

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1630 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

Being reminded of my shitty, fucked up past :'( i was already restricting; and had managed to not binge after a "normal" post-24-hr-fast meal… basically i wanted to eat and was feeling great until triggered :/ so ig i'm still fasting/super-low restricting
  • Princesspumpkinhead likes this
just trying to be perfect in every aspect of life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users