A petty gripe about clothes and being a new(ish) mom with an ED - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A petty gripe about clothes and being a new(ish) mom with an ED

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baburun

baburun

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationHyrule

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

I'm breastfeeding and it's annoyingly hard to find decent nursing tops that aren't also maternity shirts. They were useful in the first couple of weeks when I still had a giant belly, but I'm back to my pre-baby (under)weight now and would really like to wear some actual nice form-fitting shirts that don't have an excess of loose fabric around the stomach because they're designed for giant pregnant bellies. I already have an excess of loose skin around my stomach, I don't need my clothes to look the same  :P 
I just want to wear clothes that I like and that make me feel good, and which are easy for breastfeeding, but apparently such a thing doesn't exist. 

And yes, this is a completely gratuitous post but I can't complain about this to anyone in real life because all my mom friends are a bit heavier and probably don't want to hear me bitching about how I'm slightly inconvenienced because I'm thin 😬

BMI : 27... 16.8 ...18.8 ... maintaining at >18 <3

#2 Flymo89

Flymo89

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

Layers are your friend vest top under another, pull the vest top down and the other upvor else anything with buttons is your friend x
  • baburun likes this
SW 245 pounds
Gw 139 pounds

Height 181cm

#3 Waves of Sanity

Waves of Sanity

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

I stock up on tank tops, and find cute form fitting style flannels or overshirts. I've been breastfeeding for a couple years and that's what my whole wardrobe is (and I've been underweight for most of my breastfeeding journey). 

• baburun likes this

Height: 5'2
Hw: 206 (6/30/15)
Lw: 96 (11/10/17)
Cw: 110 (1/29/19)

Bmi: 20.1

Marla’s philosophy of life is that she might die at any moment. The tragedy, she said, was that she didn’t.

#4 greenteavegan

greenteavegan

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

I used regular tank tops with some stretch and just pulled a boob out at the top when nursing.
  • baburun likes this
lw: 42kg (170cm)
cw: 49kg

#5 baburun

baburun

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationHyrule

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

I figured out a way to do this! Layers weren't working for me since I always have bub in a sling/carrier, and need to be able to feed without taking them out. But apparently midriff tops are back in fashion for tween girls right now, so if I wear one of those as my top layer it's actually short enough that I can pull it up even if I'm wearing a baby carrier. Yay for being able to fit into clothes from the junior section lol

BMI : 27... 16.8 ...18.8 ... maintaining at >18 <3

#6 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationGotham

Posted 25 May 2021 - 05:17 AM

There are lots of online options! Check out Kindred Bravely, as most of their clothes are made from bamboo! They are maternity/nursing friendly.

tumblr_m7l8xkk92d1qadi39o3_500.gif

Height: 5'4"

CW: ??? (currently pregnant)

LW: 111 lbs (that was ages ago)
GW 1: 130 lbs

GW 2: 125 lbs

GW 3: 120 lbs
UGW: 95 lbs (haha who am I kidding, will I really want to stop here?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users