Protein shake/meal replacements in Australia - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Protein shake/meal replacements in Australia

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cass1234

Cass1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

I'm looking for some sort of protein shake or meal replacement and Im completely out of my depth. There are so many options and they're too expensive to start picking at random and hoping they're ok.

My eating habits are completely fucked up (isn't everyones here? Haha), i barely eat during the day, but when I get home I binge like crazy. so I just want something low cal, low sugar, that doesn't taste like crap when it's mixed with water, So I can get back into a routine and stop being a pig.

I'm in Australia so any recommendations that are available here would be amazing.
Thanks!

#2 mrs_nobody

mrs_nobody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:30 AM

Whatever you do, don't buy the "fat burner" shake from coles/woollies, the white one with a red lid. It's basically nesquik, full of sugar, and just makes me crave everything else pretty quickly. I'll follow this post because I'm also looking for a good solution!

#3 eilys

eilys

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:09 AM

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey - I’ve seen it available at chemist warehouse and every sports supplement store. It has next to no sugar, is low carb and low fat. Good range of flavours and mixes smooth. Blend it with frozen berries for some fibre and it’ll keep you super full for less than 200 calories per serve

If you’re looking for non-diary/vegan, Prana On is the best tasting and similar stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • procelainBb likes this

#4 Guest_chloreinthighs_*

Guest_chloreinthighs_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

Define Women's High Protein Powder- 92 calories, 19 g protein, 1.9 carbs, no sugar, fortified with shit ton of vitamins and minerals

• This is if you use 1 scoop for about a litre of end product. It sounds like it'd be crazy dilute but if you put 500mL of cold water, a few drops of sweetener and blend with ice, than it literally tastes like a milkshake with no protein aftertaste.
  • You can find it in Chemist Warehouse: Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Banana.

Muscle strength- 100 calories, 20g protein, 1.7g carbs, no sugar, has some vitamins too

• This is an already prepackaged drink (290mL), and comes in chocolate and banana at Woolies
  • Convenient and who doesn't love nice rounded numbers in cal count/macros?

Atkins Low Carb Protein Shake Mix- 132 calories, 17g protein, 2.7 carbs, 1.3 sugar, 2.3g fibre

• Macros and cals aren't as good as the others, but hell these taste DELIGHTFUL. Very yum, come in Vanilla and Chocolate. You can also get them as individual ready-made protein shakes at coles iirc (Coffee, Milk Chocolate, Vanilla) - 141 cals, 15g protein, 0.07 carbs/sugar. Different macros, god knows why, and you have to factor in convenience vs saving money if you buy the powder and DIY it.

ON is very good too, just has higher cals than I prefer! But excellent macros

• Waterfae and xxRho like this

#5 saigo

saigo

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10340 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:40 AM

Metagenics but its prescription and not the cheapest 

#6 walkingintheshadows

walkingintheshadows

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

I personally love Protein World’s Slender Blend. Heaps of delicious flavours, but I always go for coffee because it’s not too sweet. Downside is that they’re high in macros due to being closer to a meal replacement shake than just a protein blend, but they have added green tea, guarana extract, digestive enzymes (basically makes it lactose free), pre and probiotics and heaps of added vitamins. Definitely better than just having protein in my opinion. And only approx 150cal a serve.

Macros - 2.1g fat, 8g carbs, 22.8g protein AND 3g fibre!

#7 walkingintheshadows

walkingintheshadows

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Oops, forgot to add that you can get them from Chemist Warehouse and online and they often go on sale.

#8 stuckinhosp

stuckinhosp

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:55 AM

ANYONE know of any vegan (or at least vegetarian) protein powders? Doesn't have to have a lot of protein in it, so can even be a supplement, but needs to have some protein.

110 calories or less only please.

#9 Mickeymousepjs

Mickeymousepjs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:21 PM

ANYONE know of any vegan (or at least vegetarian) protein powders? Doesn't have to have a lot of protein in it, so can even be a supplement, but needs to have some protein.

I drink the Arbonne ones. Its a bit more pricey but its a big bag and i have one scoop making it 60 servings. Plus it tastes really good. I love the chocolate one!

I used to drink the myprotein ones but I couldn't have them with just water or almond milk. I think the coffee walnut flavour was the best.

#10 stuckinhosp

stuckinhosp

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:53 PM

I drink the Arbonne ones. Its a bit more pricey but its a big bag and i have one scoop making it 60 servings. Plus it tastes really good. I love the chocolate one!

I used to drink the myprotein ones but I couldn't have them with just water or almond milk. I think the coffee walnut flavour was the best.

how many calories does it have? send us a link if you have one xox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users