favorite author? - Page 4 - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

favorite author?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Willam

Willam

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:03 AM

David Sedaris, he writes humorous memoirs and vignettes that are equally hilarious and heartwarming. My favorites are Holidays on Ice, Me Talk Pretty One Day, & When You Are Engulfed in Flames, but I've never read a bad book by him tbh. 

My favorite poet is Richard Siken, but I have soft spots for Andrea Gibson, Audre Lorde, Maya Angelou, and most other POC and/or LGBTQ poets. 

Michael Pollan is probably one of my favorite food writers, but I also love Anthony Bourdain's books. He had such a great way of speaking and writing. 

Welcome to the Beatdown.
You don't eat in drag, duh! - Willam

Spoiler

#62 Willam

Willam

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:04 AM

David Sedaris, he writes humorous memoirs and vignettes that are equally hilarious and heartwarming. My favorites are Holidays on Ice, Me Talk Pretty One Day, & When You Are Engulfed in Flames, but I've never read a bad book by him tbh. 

My favorite poet is Richard Siken, but I have soft spots for Andrea Gibson, Audre Lorde, Maya Angelou, and most other POC and/or LGBTQ poets. 

Michael Pollan is probably one of my favorite food writers, but I also love Anthony Bourdain's books. He had such a great way of speaking and writing. 

Welcome to the Beatdown.
You don't eat in drag, duh! - Willam

Spoiler

#63 imesobuuu

imesobuuu

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:10 PM

Dostoyevski

#64 Sal Fisher

Sal Fisher

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationAddison Apartments

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:02 PM

Adam Silvera

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

dbgd75c-cd7b94b4-5ba0-47fe-847e-92192a99

#65 caligos

caligos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:26 AM

• Neil Gaiman - childhood favorite
  • Stephen King - my writing guru tbh, I don't necessarily like all his books, but his writing is something I aspire to
  • Chuck Palahniuk - spiritual favorite
  • Leigh Bardugo - favorite author currently, I love everything Grishaverse and she's really a good writer too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users