Ortho Athletes Club - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ortho Athletes Club

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#1 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2218 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:02 PM

UPDATE:
Just thought I’d edit initial post, because it’s become a “let’s just talk about athlete, fitness, clean food stuff” safe place, and I love that! Everyone is welcome.
Post your workouts, what you’re training for, whatever you want!

I just thought this would be fun.
I’m doing a ten day completely clean detox to restore some personal balance.
This would be a good place to talk about your sports, what you did to meet your nutrition & fitness goals in your sports.
I’m a frequent lurker of the PPOYM ortho thread, but I’d love some completely clean ideas (I eat mostly clean anyway, but since I moved to a new place, I’ve been eating out more than I like, this is kind of a fresh start for me- recipes & ideas welcome).

I’m personally a:
Rock climber
Back country & downhill skier
Runner
Mountain biker
Yogi

I use Aaptive for at home workouts, warm ups, and calisthenics, but they have tons of shit, if you want a free month let me know. I just got the app but once my free month is up I’m buying it.

I go to a climbing gym, and I typically spend around 3 hours there 4-5 days a week.

I don’t like to be loud about my goals, because I tend to self sabotage, so I may just post my workouts n shit as I do them. :) also struggles I’m having in the sport.

Like why the fuck can I not climb that stupid red v3?!
My uploaded doesn’t work, so imgur for me..

Anyways, welcome! I’m kat.
  • RumHam, Queenintraining, DonutBabe and 5 others like this

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#2 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

Yay for this thread! Following. I need to get back to being clean and more serious about my climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Katatat and xxdietcherrycolaxx like this

#3 Hoffnung

Hoffnung

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

I have Fibromyalgia and I can't be as active as I would like to be and like I used to. When I have a good periode I do ballet and yoga and meditation.I love it so much.
Sport has so many benefits for me. Its so good for my mind, it just makes me feel better. It's not all about losing weight it's more to feel alive, feel shaped. I am afraid to get old and I wanna fight the gravity too ha,ha.
  • wellthissucks, Katatat, VaganovaForLife and 3 others like this

#4 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2218 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

I have Fibromyalgia and I can't be as active as I would like to be and like I used to. When I have a good periode I do ballet and yoga and meditation.I love it so much.
Sport has so many benefits for me. Its so good for my mind, it just makes me feel better. It's not all about losing weight it's more to feel alive, feel shaped. I am afraid to get old and I wanna fight the gravity too ha,ha.

That's tough, how long has it been since you were diagnosed? My mom has Fibro.. It seems like it really sucks. 

Yes, pursuing my sports is more about my passion for them, than for losing weight. 

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

• shrinkingviol3t likes this

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#5 Hoffnung

Hoffnung

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

That's tough, how long has it been since you were diagnosed? My mom has Fibro.. It seems like it really sucks.
Yes, pursuing my sports is more about my passion for them, than for losing weight.
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

#6 Hoffnung

Hoffnung

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:45 PM

Oh sorry,wanna answer the quote.
I am 42 and I deal with the Fibro already more than 20 years but didn't know what it was for a long time. Went from doctor to doctor. I was diagnosted about 8 years ago.

#7 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2218 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

Oh sorry,wanna answer the quote.
I am 42 and I deal with the Fibro already more than 20 years but didn't know what it was for a long time. Went from doctor to doctor. I was diagnosted about 8 years ago.

Just making sure you aren’t my mom haha
Well I’m sorry for your struggles, watching her go through it, I can’t even imagine the pain. I’m 25.

Ballet and yoga are great ways to stay fit. I’ve never been a dancer. At least not like that.

Spoiler

#8 Hoffnung

Hoffnung

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:06 PM

Just making sure you aren’t my mom haha
Well I’m sorry for your struggles, watching her go through it, I can’t even imagine the pain. I’m 25.

Ballet and yoga are great ways to stay fit. I’ve never been a dancer. At least not like that.

Ha,ha no I am not your mom! I have no kids
I am not really a dancer. I started it about 3 years ago. Online or with dvds at home.It is more ballet based excercising.

#9 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2218 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:46 AM

So, yesterday. 

I SLAYED.

I had a goal to run a half marathon (13.1 miles), I crushed that and did 15.2 in 2 hours and 5 minutes. 

I climbed for a little bit after, but was lacking the strength to do much. I climbed (3) v3's, and climbed up and down (2) 5.8's, (2) 5.9's, and did (1) 5.10.

I also did a couple overhung v2's. 

Today I signed up for a "yoga for athletes" class, which I'm pretty nervous about to be honest, because yoga is the newest activity I've picked up, and I am not very good at it. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare or things to pay attention to with my body, so I keep good form? I am making sure to hydrate, and luckily I am not sore at all, but man I am nervous. 

Food was also on point yesterday.

(3) mandarin oranges

(1) green apple

HUUUGEEE veggie salad with home made green goddess dressing. 

(1) cup of mate

-workout-

(1) banana

(1) sweet potato

(2) eggs

w/ spinach, red cabbage, red onion, and sauerkraut

What a day. <3 

• Fernie, Beautifulheart, Jay2TheBones and 5 others like this

Spoiler

#10 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

So, yesterday.

I SLAYED.

I had a goal to run a half marathon (13.1 miles), I crushed that and did 15.2 in 2 hours and 5 minutes.

I climbed for a little bit after, but was lacking the strength to do much. I climbed (3) v3's, and climbed up and down (2) 5.8's, (2) 5.9's, and did (1) 5.10.

I also did a couple overhung v2's.

Today I signed up for a "yoga for athletes" class, which I'm pretty nervous about to be honest, because yoga is the newest activity I've picked up, and I am not very good at it. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare or things to pay attention to with my body, so I keep good form? I am making sure to hydrate, and luckily I am not sore at all, but man I am nervous.

Food was also on point yesterday.

(3) mandarin oranges
(1) green apple
HUUUGEEE veggie salad with home made green goddess dressing.
(1) cup of mate
-workout-
(1) banana
(1) sweet potato
(2) eggs
w/ spinach, red cabbage, red onion, and sauerkraut

What a day. <3

Absolutely perfect omg

#11 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2218 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

Absolutely perfect omg

I’m stoked with how it went. Today is off to a good start as well!! How are you doing??

Spoiler

#12 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

I’m stoked with how it went. Today is off to a good start as well!! How are you doing??

I’m good, did some bouldering yesterday. Today I’m working all day then have a test in the morning so no workout :/ but tomorrow will be warm so I’m gonna hike and grab vegan food with a friend

#13 Hoffnung

Hoffnung

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

Wow! What a day! Great work.

For the yoga question, it gives so many different kinds of yoga. Yoga for athletes sounds more like that they adapted exercises from yoga or like a sport based on yoga. I think you don't have to prepare you are in a really good condition already.

I am doing Kundalini yoga and there are no crazy movements like standing on your head and knot your legs:) Its more about breath, a yogi state of mind and meditation, but also some exercises to tune in and let the life force flow.

#14 sadsatanist

sadsatanist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

oh my gosh hecc a thread i relate to

i do rhythmic gymnastics, run (long distance), boat (dragon boat and kayaking), dance, and do martial arts :D

i burn anything from 400-2500 calories a day lmao great range

i do binge/purge its a thing i struggle a lot with but when i'm restricting i eat paleo 

• Katatat, saturn.ed and stpatricksday like this

you are a blessing

142 138 134 130 126 122 118 116 112 108 104 100 96 92 88

hell yeah new HW

hw: 142 lbs

cw: 115 lbs

lw: 113 lbs

5'5

giphy.gif

#15 Fernie

Fernie

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:55 PM

Wow!!! Your workout was amazing!!! I'm trying to improve mu fitness, but it's difficult to juggle with work. Anyways I love mountaineering, so I have to run a lot. I also do acroyoga, whitewater kayaking and hiking. I'm a very outdoorsy person.

Today I ran 5 k with a 22 lb vest and lifted weights (mainly arms)
  • Katatat likes this

kik: fernanduca

Height: 5'6

#16 sadsatanist

sadsatanist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:33 PM

yo guys my leg spasmed today and wouldn't stop for around one and a half minutes and it hurt so much i started crying (bear in mind i have extremely high pain tolerance- i can get first degree burns/papercuts without flinching) and had to roll out slowly mid-routine ouch 

my parents said it's bc i'm eating too less but i dont wanna eat more :( 

any advice to avoid that? it still sorta hurts and rolling it out doesnt seem to help

you are a blessing

142 138 134 130 126 122 118 116 112 108 104 100 96 92 88

hell yeah new HW

hw: 142 lbs

cw: 115 lbs

lw: 113 lbs

5'5

giphy.gif

#17 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Climbing gym today. My buddy took pics and I look so big ugh :/

c3160751fe3f5f67b94d07cb6513e245.jpg

I didn’t eat too much though so hopefully I can keep up the slow loss I’ve been doing

• VaganovaForLife likes this

#18 Guest_Spiderman_*

Guest_Spiderman_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

I didn’t eat too much though so hopefully I can keep up the slow loss I’ve been doing

You look fit af

So jealous of you climbers. I used to climb a lot but it's been a really long time for me.

As for my athleticism, I'm currently very ill and haven't worked out in three weeks :( I have costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage in your ribs and it is very painful and i cant irritate it by working out right now. But when I can workout I...

- hike
- do random calisthenics/elliptical/treadmill every day
- play tennis (about to join the tennis club when I feel better)
- martial arts (again going to the gym once I've recovered)

I hate hate hate not working out 😭 it makes me so sad. So I'll be following this thread living through you guys haha

Edit: i also wanna get into yoga and swimming again. I actually wanna get a part time job at the YMCA as a lifeguard, I've worked there before doing that, so i get paid for having a free gym membership 😁 even if I work just one shift a week it's worth it

#19 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2218 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:15 PM

yo guys my leg spasmed today and wouldn't stop for around one and a half minutes and it hurt so much i started crying (bear in mind i have extremely high pain tolerance- i can get first degree burns/papercuts without flinching) and had to roll out slowly mid-routine ouch 

my parents said it's bc i'm eating too less but i dont wanna eat more :(

any advice to avoid that? it still sorta hurts and rolling it out doesnt seem to help

Man, I've never heard of that!!

Are you drinking enough water? maybe need more electrolytes??

Have you been working out a lot??

Spoiler

#20 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2218 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

GGGIIIRRRRL, you slay, your back is goals!!! A while ago mpa stopped letting me upload photos for some reason. 

Also, I bailed on the yoga class. lol I was too nervous, so I just ran 2.6 miles and did weight training for an hour, plus calisthenics for 30 minutes. 

Cals have been low. I have been doing some research on gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. I've always heard it's impossible, especially at a lower body weight, but that seems to be a myth. I think as long as I keep up my routines and deficit I can do it..

• Minky31 and xxdietcherrycolaxx like this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users