Ortho Athletes Club - Page 2 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ortho Athletes Club

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#21 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

https://imgur.com/a/KnRwUZH

@tinyrick that first photo is for you- it’s the beer/wine & other items fridge haha

I took my girl, Iah and my friends dog kai out for a 3.2 mile snow shoe. That’s the other photos.
My upper body is pretty sore from weight training- I usually stay away from the weights area, so this is probably the first time in months I’ve made my way over there, but I haven’t been getting sore from climbing, except in my fingertips- I’ve just been lacking the energy to push through longer routes I guess..
Man I can’t wait to get outside though. I’ve never lead trad before, but my dude is a read climber and he’s going to make me lead this spring, because he’s in school getting his masters and hasn’t been able to exercise as much. I’m nervous, but excited. I’ve always just followed him on trad. I’m happy to lead sport, but I’m pretty stoked. Maybe if I’m not feeling too fat, I’ll post a back pic. Just as progress? Idk. 😐

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#22 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:43 PM

https://imgur.com/a/gGAjw9X

Seriously feel so huge. I look like way more than 115 and my arms are massive.
I climbed for 2 hours and ran a mile and a half.
Kinda in a weird mood today.. I hate when I’m all bummed like this for no reason

Also I drank a cup macadamia nut milk w/ espresso before the gym and after climbing that green 5.10+ I threw up just a little in my mouth. Nasty. But stoked I made it up that- it’s super awkward and lots of mantelling and matching hands to feet. Into it.

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#23 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

@katatat love the fridge and pics haha. Also you look super fit to me

PS loving this thread. Posting my meals in all the meal threads is great accountability but I didn’t know of one for exercise.

I just finished a shift at the climic in the mountains. Climbed yesterday so I wanna run today but it’s gonna get dark by the time I can so I’m just gonna do the exercise bike while watching vegan videos on YouTube lmao

No food so far today—love that medical work always kills my appetite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

@katatat love the fridge and pics haha. Also you look super fit to me

PS loving this thread. Posting my meals in all the meal threads is great accountability but I didn’t know of one for exercise.

I just finished a shift at the climic in the mountains. Climbed yesterday so I wanna run today but it’s gonna get dark by the time I can so I’m just gonna do the exercise bike while watching vegan videos on YouTube lmao

No food so far today—love that medical work always kills my appetite

Just had to show that they had beer 😂
Yeah, I like this!! It’s fun to have somewhere to track it!!
My moods have been super unpredictable lately, and it gives me some groundedness (is that a word? Lol) to have somewhere to talk about exercise and climbiiinng.

Spoiler

#25 sadsatanist

sadsatanist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:18 AM

Man, I've never heard of that!!
Are you drinking enough water? maybe need more electrolytes??
Have you been working out a lot??

ah yeah it’s happened to me a few times but i’ve often assumed it’s because i’m going too hard

i do work out a lot (especially recantly) and this week i’ve been drinking around 10-200 calories a day (can’t keep down food)

i think you may be right on the electrolytes though + also i think i’m lacking in potassium and magnesium so i’ll try to get some in my system

you are a blessing

142 138 134 130 126 122 118 116 112 108 104 100 96 92 88

hell yeah new HW

hw: 142 lbs

cw: 115 lbs

lw: 113 lbs

5'5

giphy.gif

#26 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:39 AM

Hiii can I join the party?

I'm also doing sort of a cleanse to restore balance. Feel like I've been neglecting my healthy eating lately.

Also I really need to lose weight. I want to do v12 this summer and damn that would be easier without this booty dragging me down...

I'm a rock-climber and yogi as well, dabble in running occasionally.

#27 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:10 AM

I'm also doing sort of a cleanse to restore balance. Feel like I've been neglecting my healthy eating lately.

Also I really need to lose weight. I want to do v12 this summer and damn that would be easier without this booty dragging me down...

Welcome!! N v12???? Holy shittttt!!! You must be really strong!

Spoiler

#28 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

V12? Are you a professional climber?? I can do 5.12 but def not V12 haha

• Katatat likes this

#29 Fernie

Fernie

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:35 AM

You should have named this the ortho climbers club!! LOL
  • Jay2TheBones, smallsteps, RumHam and 1 other like this

kik: fernanduca

Height: 5'6

#30 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:40 AM

Haha right!!! More of us here than I thought. Lol

Spoiler

#31 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

I seriously had no idea there were so many climbers with EDs. Like almost all my friends are climbers but they’re almost all guys lol

• smallsteps and Katatat like this

#32 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

V12? Are you a professional climber?? I can do 5.12 but def not V12 haha

They don’t even put routes up higher than v8 or 5.12 at my gym. I think they’ve put up one 5.13 before a competition. Way out of my league. I’m highly stoked to get a v4. Lol

Spoiler

#33 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

They don’t even put routes up higher than v8 or 5.12 at my gym. I think they’ve put up one 5.13 before a competition. Way out of my league. I’m highly stoked to get a v4. Lol

What, seriously?
No I'm not a pro, I'm not very good at getting sponsorship. :P

We have stuff in the gym up to around V11 and 5.13c I think. But I mostly train on stuff between v4-v9 and 5.11c-5.12c. variety is key for indoor training!

#34 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

So today was a pretty good day!

I basically did liquids only, so green smoothie, coffee, soup and so on.

Did some interval training in the sport climbing gym, and I think my endurance is getting better. Like I'm pretty strong, but my endurance is shit! But I'll get there. Did a total of 12 routes 5.11b-5.12a and was pretty happy about that.

Psyched to go bouldering tomorrow. Gonna crank out a moonboard session.

#35 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

Haha yeah! I didn't know there were so many other climbers here. It's kinda nice. :')

#36 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:42 PM

What, seriously?
No I'm not a pro, I'm not very good at getting sponsorship. :P

We have stuff in the gym up to around V11 and 5.13c I think. But I mostly train on stuff between v4-v9 and 5.11c-5.12c. variety is key for indoor training!

You totally could get sponsored climbing that well!! How long have you been climbing?
N yeah- it’s a small gym, so that’s probably why, my old gym was in a city and it had much harder grades. (Though like I said- out of my league)

Spoiler

#37 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:45 PM

I work until 3, but afterwards I’m planning to go to the gym, climb and as long as I can.
I’m pretty sore from yesterday.
I really want to get back to climbing 5.11 and would like to push my bouldering a little further.
I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to climb above 5.11. Maybe 5.12 in a gym, but outside- doubt it.

Spoiler

#38 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

You totally could get sponsored climbing that well!! How long have you been climbing?
N yeah- it’s a small gym, so that’s probably why, my old gym was in a city and it had much harder grades. (Though like I said- out of my league)

Yeah I don't know. Everyone is so good these days. Like we're four girls climbing v9 and above in my tiny gym already. I've been trying to get into the social media thing (mainly Instagram), but I don't know if I have what it takes to do that stuff properly. Thanks though! :) For now I guess I'll just climb more things and try to videotape them.

I've been climbing for almost 10 years now, so it's been a while.. Started in 2009.

#39 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:59 PM

I work until 3, but afterwards I’m planning to go to the gym, climb and as long as I can.
I’m pretty sore from yesterday.
I really want to get back to climbing 5.11 and would like to push my bouldering a little further.
I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to climb above 5.11. Maybe 5.12 in a gym, but outside- doubt it.

Do you find inside easier than outside?! :o
I think with some work and dedication everyone is capable of doing at least 5.12a.

#40 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

Do you find inside easier than outside?! :o
I think with some work and dedication everyone is capable of doing at least 5.12a.

I’ve always climbed one or two grades above at the gym compared to outside. I also live in the Sierras though, and it’s kinda known for grading a little tough.
I kid you not, this bouldering guidebook said,
“Grab the face level jug and bump to crack”
The “jug” which was actually a pocket and was 2 feet above my head, and the crack was more like an indented line a foot and a half above the pocket and that was just a v2.
Aside from that sport pro can be pretty inconsistent, there’s a 30’ run out on a 5.10b at big chief.
I’ve been climbing for about 5 years on and off.
I used to have the goal to climb 5.12, but I got really depressed when I was close- climbing 5.11+ regularly, then just stopped. I’m just getting back into it again, but I’m bouldering better than I ever have haha

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users