Ortho Athletes Club - Page 22 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ortho Athletes Club

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#421 rigor mortis

rigor mortis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:20 PM

hi!! i'm not sure if im welcome because i'm not an athlete anymore? i only really do taekwondo and some occasional hikes now (i used to compete in track+field, soccer, softball, netball, basketball and tennis) but i'd still say i'm relatively active. i have a really tiny frame and i'm not exactly prone to putting on muscle, even with heavy weight training and bulking so staying active has gotten really tough on my body as i've gotten to a lower weight. i really do miss being very fit! i can barely run 5k anymore????

anyway, i'm curious about how you guys keep active in lockdown!!!

personally, i've been stuck doing bodyweight exercises and running circles around my garden and it's mind-numbingly dull. i've also started playing ranked beat saber (it's a VR rhythm game and actually feels like a form of exercise, surprisingly), which has been really fun and motivating, but i'm dying to go outdoors and go hiking or camping again. 

bn -> an-b/p -> an-r / semi-recovered

sixteen / 165cm

hw: 52kg 

lw: 40.3kg

cw: 41.3kg 42.2kg

ugw: 35kg 

just mf SICK of this ed shit 

#422 Fat Mac

Fat Mac

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1183 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:51 PM

hi!! i'm not sure if im welcome because i'm not an athlete anymore? i only really do taekwondo and some occasional hikes now (i used to compete in track+field, soccer, softball, netball, basketball and tennis) but i'd still say i'm relatively active. i have a really tiny frame and i'm not exactly prone to putting on muscle, even with heavy weight training and bulking so staying active has gotten really tough on my body as i've gotten to a lower weight. i really do miss being very fit! i can barely run 5k anymore????

anyway, i'm curious about how you guys keep active in lockdown!!!

personally, i've been stuck doing bodyweight exercises and running circles around my garden and it's mind-numbingly dull. i've also started playing ranked beat saber (it's a VR rhythm game and actually feels like a form of exercise, surprisingly), which has been really fun and motivating, but i'm dying to go outdoors and go hiking or camping again.

Of course you're welcome here! We're all just chilling, no judgement about what your exercise of choice is or what level you are.
I'm lucky to have a basic homegym now but before that, since I'm working from home, I put together a short 20 min yoga routine that I was making it a point to do every day during my lunch break. Setting a schedule and making it a habit always helps me. On the note of Beam Saber though, I've heard the Switch's Ring Fit Adventure is a surprisingly great workout, though I've also heard it's gotten hard to find for a reasonable price as the word spread. Also heard great things about Just Dance and similar dancing games, which should be easier to find. I've never been much of an outdoorsy person, but man right now I'd loooove to go on a nice hike in a pretty area.
  • Katatat likes this

sorry, mom. sorry, god.

accountability

stats:

Spoiler

#423 AmethystAna

AmethystAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3750 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

Hi everyone. Before Corona I was a fitness instructor but my gym has only continued to pay people working more than 15 hours a week. So I am not teaching rn. I miss it. I am also studying for personal trainer now. Or I should be but have been a lazy butt other than the first two days. Well I need to sleep because I do have another job to go to in the morning
  • Katatat likes this

146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137

136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 

128 127 126 125 124 123

122 121 120 119 118 

117 116 115 114

113 112 111 

Gluten free-veg*n accountability

#424 Fat Mac

Fat Mac

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1183 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:15 PM

Oh. Mygod.
Went back to the normal gym today. As I've said before, it's a small, tucked-away private place that mostly caters to people who are dead serious about their fitness like bodybuilders and powerlifters, so usually when I go it's almost completely empty with only 3-5 people there that mostly leave during my time there. Today I go all of a half hour earlier than usual and dear lord you'd have thought it was new years. Tons of people and a totally different sort of crowd, including a weird amount of younger ones that looked like they could be in highschool trying to refute the "you're gonna snap your shit up if you keep deadlifting like that" advice from a veteran lifter I see regularly. Had to set some pins up on some random not-a-rack posts because everything was in use. And that's saying something, my gym has like nine racks no exaggeration. And I was the only single person there wearing a mask. Like I know there's new stuff in the news, BUT THE PANDEMIC IS STILL HAPPENING, YALL. Like shit, maybe I'm just extra cautious of it because I got really really sick in late January and people have made enough "maybe you had corona" jokes to make me wonder, but holy shit. Not one single other person, and with everyone packed in there. Insane. The gym owner was even there at the time and not wearing a mask, but at one point we made eye contact and there was a split second expression that I'm hoping was "oh I should probably be wearing a mask too" and not "oh god she has the rona". Hopefully. He put out extra Lysol but isn't making people wear masks. 🙄 I dunno. I just was shocked. These folks really already forgot.

Or maybe the ortho demon is just putting thoughts in my head about extreme health safety lol
  • Katatat likes this

sorry, mom. sorry, god.

accountability

stats:

Spoiler

#425 relaxingterror

relaxingterror

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:27 PM

Oh. Mygod.
Went back to the normal gym today. As I've said before, it's a small, tucked-away private place that mostly caters to people who are dead serious about their fitness like bodybuilders and powerlifters, so usually when I go it's almost completely empty with only 3-5 people there that mostly leave during my time there. Today I go all of a half hour earlier than usual and dear lord you'd have thought it was new years. Tons of people and a totally different sort of crowd, including a weird amount of younger ones that looked like they could be in highschool trying to refute the "you're gonna snap your shit up if you keep deadlifting like that" advice from a veteran lifter I see regularly. Had to set some pins up on some random not-a-rack posts because everything was in use. And that's saying something, my gym has like nine racks no exaggeration. And I was the only single person there wearing a mask. Like I know there's new stuff in the news, BUT THE PANDEMIC IS STILL HAPPENING, YALL. Like shit, maybe I'm just extra cautious of it because I got really really sick in late January and people have made enough "maybe you had corona" jokes to make me wonder, but holy shit. Not one single other person, and with everyone packed in there. Insane. The gym owner was even there at the time and not wearing a mask, but at one point we made eye contact and there was a split second expression that I'm hoping was "oh I should probably be wearing a mask too" and not "oh god she has the rona". Hopefully. He put out extra Lysol but isn't making people wear masks. 🙄 I dunno. I just was shocked. These folks really already forgot.

Or maybe the ortho demon is just putting thoughts in my head about extreme health safety lol

How can you train properly wearing a mask? I sweat and breathe like an animal when I train, there's no way I could be contained by a mask. I don't blame your gym owner for not making patrons wear one.

Currently a fat piece of shit.

CW: 118lb

LW: 115lb

GW: 106lb

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."

https://tthoughtsexp...ixsite.com/home

#426 Fat Mac

Fat Mac

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1183 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:35 PM

How can you train properly wearing a mask? I sweat and breathe like an animal when I train, there's no way I could be contained by a mask. I don't blame your gym owner for not making patrons wear one.

I specifically looked for one with exhaust vent valves and relatively lightweight fabric. It's not too bad once you adjust (easier than going to the grocery store in the heavy duty N95) but it definitely made me waaay more conscious of my breathing and my borderline grunting. Sweat is still an issue unfortunately, just a fact of life. Best I could do is make sure I took my makeup off before going so it at least wouldn't get ground into my pores and break me out even more.
Even if it's uncomfortable though, I can't believe people were so fine with going unprotected either. I'd rather have a sweaty chin than be on a ventilator or lose half my lung function.

sorry, mom. sorry, god.

accountability

stats:

Spoiler

#427 datahoe

datahoe

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Locationthe first trapezoid of hell!

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:54 AM

oh cool, i didn't realize this was a thing! i'm a yogi/i weight train, but i'm tryna get back into running and am starting a couch to half marathon thing, so i'll probably post about that!

rock climbing sounds cool, I wanted to get into that but this covid shit really made that impossible for the time being/i'm immunocompromised and don't want to risk the gym

• Uncommonlygooood and Katatat like this

bingate.gif

[ ~the artist formerly known as hildegardvonbingein/liveloathelaugh, chronic lurker on my 3rd account, rip~ ]

[an b/p, orthorexia]

days purge free: 1, wooooo
days free of crushing existential dread: 0 

#428 AmethystAna

AmethystAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3750 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:39 AM

I have seen the mask thing debated on some of the fitness instructor groups I am in and most of them saying that they wouldn't wear and they wouldn't make their participants wear it for their safety but I am nowhere near comfortable getting into a room full of people right now so I am either going to have to not teach for the foreseeable future (we still have no plans to open so at least I don't have to worry yet)  or I will have to refuse work. I don't want to do that. I already feel like I have lost my identity as a fitness instructor since most of my coworkers still get to teach through zoom. I did  a few classes until they decided they weren't going to pay us "casual" staff. To be clear I am not a fill in, I am a regular staff, but I only taught 4 classes regularly a week (and sometimes filled in a couple). I understand that they are not getting the membership income (they are refunding that) and that they are paying more to people working frontline (we also have transitional housing and are operating COVID specific supports). 

Now for a woman's question (or any uterus containing person)....please feel free to skip if you like

On another note, I am having a pretty hard time with my the first one or two days of my period. Today is day two and better but yesterday I did not want to work out at all. Well I wanted to, but part of me did not, the part that was in so much pain and uncomfortable in what I am wearing. I sometimes feel much better after exercise but yesterday was awful. My body feels completely drained. I have high dysautonomia and pain. Any suggestions for what helps anyone or exercises that you like to do? If I can run I usually like to do but it is also the most uncomfortable.

128 127 126 125 124 123

122 121 120 119 118 

117 116 115 114

113 112 111 

#429 Fat Mac

Fat Mac

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1183 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:59 PM

I skipped my workout yesterday for several reasons, none of them particularly good.
I feel like shit about it, and somehow I'm still exhausted.

sorry, mom. sorry, god.

accountability

stats:

Spoiler

#430 Curiouslyold

Curiouslyold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

T

#431 relaxingterror

relaxingterror

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:46 PM

|Going for a runnnnnnnnnnnn

I hope the weather is lovely and warm for all of you too!! xo

• AmethystAna likes this

#432 AmethystAna

AmethystAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3750 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

|Going for a runnnnnnnnnnnn

I hope the weather is lovely and warm for all of you too!! xo

Super hot actually. 31 feels like 35. Not recommended to exercise at this time. Though I just walked in it and carried back 40 lbs 2km from the store! Not a real workout but it essentially was!

• relaxingterror likes this

128 127 126 125 124 123

122 121 120 119 118 

117 116 115 114

113 112 111 

#433 Fat Mac

Fat Mac

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1183 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

Welp, I've given up on the mask at the gym. I am still nervous about it and wearing it everywhere else, but I almost passed out during squats yesterday and my brain says lifting > living l m a o
But a family member got the antibody testing and came up positive, so there's a solid chance I've already had it and am probably in the clear now (not really since you can get it again but I'm trying to be reasonable/less paranoid here). I switched to a slightly later time slot for my workouts to encounter less people and therefore hopefully avoid exposing anyone else, and I'm wiping down anything I even look at. Honestly now I'm actually even a bit more nervous at the idea of exposing other people than being exposed myself.
But on the other hand, I'm pretty sure this is the most muscle mass and lowest body fat I've been in.... Ever?? The body dysmorphia cracked for a second the other day and I just spent like an hour moving my hands and staring at my own bicep because I could see it moving under the skin and like what the fuck is that when the fuck did that happen who the fuck is this in the mirror cuz it can't be me. I probably seem super narcissistic to people around me but in reality it's like existential confusion lmao
  • Katatat likes this

sorry, mom. sorry, god.

accountability

stats:

Spoiler

#434 relaxingterror

relaxingterror

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:52 AM

Didn't train at all yesterday, was a total housecat and laid in bed after work pretty much the entire time. I only got up to eat a small meal. Holy heck my body needed it though!! I can't WAIT to train tonight, either going for a run or doing a combination of cardio and glute/leg resistance training. Jumped on my trampoline for 20min this morning too. Aaggghhh can't waaaaittttt
  • Katatat likes this

#435 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

I went for a 7 mile hike today! It felt really easy. We are planning to attempt a 20 mile one this week in one go. I’ve never done that many in one go (16 is my record). I think I can do it, but my dude has early signs of hip dysplasia and I don’t want him to get hurt, so we will see.
Here’s a pic from the hike with my pup zooming!
b7162dd45394b9cc414de4bf08bb038c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • relaxingterror likes this

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#436 relaxingterror

relaxingterror

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:08 AM

I went for a 7 mile hike today! It felt really easy. We are planning to attempt a 20 mile one this week in one go. I’ve never done that many in one go (16 is my record). I think I can do it, but my dude has early signs of hip dysplasia and I don’t want him to get hurt, so we will see.

That scenery is EVERYTHING wow babe what a view!! Gl on the 20mile!
  • Katatat likes this

#437 AmethystAna

AmethystAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3750 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

Wow, I wish I lived somewhere I could like that looked like that! Good luck with your longer hike

128 127 126 125 124 123

122 121 120 119 118 

117 116 115 114

113 112 111 

#438 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:15 PM

That scenery is EVERYTHING wow babe what a view!! Gl on the 20mile!

Thank you!! It’s been raining since I posted that, so no long hike yet

Wow, I wish I lived somewhere I could like that looked like that! Good luck with your longer hike

I’m actually visiting MT, but we are hoping to move here next year. It’s so goddamn beautiful.

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#439 sidewalk

sidewalk

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2053 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

I went for two walks today.

A mile one with my sister and puppy and a 1.5 one on the trail, they were both nice in different ways.
  • Katatat likes this

:)

Spoiler

#440 sidewalk

sidewalk

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2053 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:07 PM

I skipped my workout yesterday for several reasons, none of them particularly good.
I feel like shit about it, and somehow I'm still exhausted.

Hey sometimes breaks help. : /

I hope that your mental and physical state are looking up and that the rest from your workout helped things.

(Tbh I hateeee skipping workouts too but like sometimes it rlly does help things )

:)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users