Ortho Athletes Club - Page 24 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ortho Athletes Club

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

#461 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1377 posts
  • LocationDrinking tea with the Mad Hatter

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:32 PM

Do you know what you were sick with?? I have a buddy who does uphill ski challenges; he just did 100,000 human powered vert in a couple months, and blew it out of the water at 125k! I’d love to do something like that. Though it’s too late now for snow! Maybe trail running.
Oh man and then Aaron Rice doing 2.5mil in a year!!! He looked like literal death, but I was (and still am) so amazed at the dedication (also at your feat). Do you have any plans to reward yourself or just the achievement in itself??
I really really want to come up with a goal that will take some dedication from me. I feel like I haven’t achieved anything in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what I had, but my whole crew had it at work, too, and we were all sick as dogs! We really aren't sure if we had the rona, but maybe? None of us has insurance, so hard to say?? It was truly awful though

You got me interesting, so I checked out my vert and I've got 128,000 in since May 1 - made me feel a bit better for being totally and completely destroyed! I totally was focused on days and then peak skiing, but obviously when you do that you're getting a good 3-3,500' day in. You should try it! Running would be fun. Especially now - I don't know what your work situation is, but I'm most likely out of work till September, so these goals have given me something to focus on? Dude - Aaron Rice was insane! There's a tiny part of me that would want to try that, but I also think it would destroy me :/ 

Haha...and I'm so obsessive over exercise I didn't think of a reward. Honestly...that endorphin high/adrenaline rush I get from ski mountaineering was definitely a reward. (I'm actually coming down hard from not having that all the time, it blows)

You climb a lot, right? You could make some sort of climbing goal? (I'm not really a climber, just worked in a mountaineering shop for a while, so I don't know what a good goal is) 

Height: 5'6"

HW: 140
LW: 94
CW: 118

GW1:125
GW2: 120
GW3: 115
GW4: 110
UGW: ?? 

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Accountability: 

#462 Fat Mac

Fat Mac

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1186 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:38 PM

I've totally been using my period as an excuse to binge all this week and I know it. But on the plus side, tonight I'm gonna pull a proper plate! For reps! Gonna happen! (.....sumo.)
Also, I managed to make shirataki noodles taste good* for the first time ever, which is nothing short of a miracle.

*I say good to mean "passable". After rinsing and draining and rinsing and draining and pressure cooking in broth and skillet-drying and simmering in a sauce over the course of several hours, I finally had something I found not totally off-putting. Made my husband try to make sure I wasn't delusional, he says "what, they taste like normal instant noodles?" I am almost more amazed by this than my strength feat to come.
  • Katatat likes this

sorry, mom. sorry, god.

accountability

stats:

Spoiler

#463 relaxingterror

relaxingterror

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:33 PM

Did 30min plyo cardio, 40min strength training circuits, and then another 30min plyo cardio. I ate more than usual yesterday so I had the energy. Now am dead lol. 8-10km run tomorrow with the boy, I can't wait. n.n
  • Katatat likes this

Currently a fat piece of shit.

CW: 118lb

LW: 115lb

GW: 106lb

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."

https://tthoughtsexp...ixsite.com/home

#464 amesuki

amesuki

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:10 AM

I’m a runner, at least I want to call myself that.  :D

I love running, but I don’t do it often enough. Yesterday I ran a half marathon (in my new barefoot running shoes :wub: ) and it felt so good! I’m gonna go for a short run again today. 

• Katatat and Vilie like this

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Height: 5‘5“ ~ \ ~ 167 cm 

• CW: 135 lbs ~ \ ~ 61 kg

• GW: 110 lbs ~ \ ~ 50 kg 

#465 Vilie

Vilie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1437 posts
  • LocationMost probably my room

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:36 PM

I've been hiking a lot lately, 3 sometimes 4 hours at a time and my legs look so stocky but its so fun oh the dilemma

today I wanna go for a light run if i can manage to get my feet out of my bed.

• Katatat likes this

tumblr_mnbo6h5sGr1qamo2bo1_500.gif

"I have a love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine, and a rage the likes of which you would not believe. If i cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

​"Like a dandelion up through the pavement, I persist. Anyway, still, despite." 

Height: 5'7

bmi: 19.7

CW: 125

GW1: 125

GW2: 122

GW3: 120

UGW: 110

#466 cigarettebalcony

cigarettebalcony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 09:36 AM

hello hello late to the party but !!

i run, and am currently trying to complete a half marathon - - amesuki v intrigued about your barefoot shoes!

i'm maybe a little obsessed with running + burning cals but to be honest it's the only thing keeping me sane so ‍♀‍♀‍♀

i have a food/exercise ig but i follow a lot of low restrictors +/ non-active people which is alright but would be nice to have people more similar to me too :-)

if you have a food/exercise ig let me know pls !!

• Katatat and soylbs like this

height: 5'9" / 175cm

weight: 115 lbs / 52kg

bmi: 16.9

stay safe.<3

#467 Bettylou

Bettylou

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

I run 5-6 miles a day on local trails. Yes, rest days are good! I need that to sink into my ED brain before I hurt myself! I get panicky when I don't run, like I'll gain even tho I know that is not true (just 1 day off).
  • Katatat and relaxingterror like this

#468 Bettylou

Bettylou

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

DP

#469 cigarettebalcony

cigarettebalcony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:08 PM

I run 5-6 miles a day on local trails. Yes, rest days are good! I need that to sink into my ED brain before I hurt myself! I get panicky when I don't run, like I'll gain even tho I know that is not true (just 1 day off).

nice! i did a trail run today, been enjoying them lots. and this this this!! i stayed at my boyf's over the weekend and we managed to do two runs but there were two consecutive days * GASP * that i didn't run and i spent them being a nervous wreck whilst with his family. but now that i'm running again i realised i needed that time off. oh the joys of exercise addiction...

• Katatat likes this

stay safe.<3

#470 relaxingterror

relaxingterror

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:09 AM

Went for a hike with the boy yesterday... felt anxious af, like I had to train HARD. Ended up purging twice throughout the day due to it. Today is a new day, NO PURGING, and going to train hard as hell after work to make up for it all. xoxox
  • Katatat likes this

#471 cigarettebalcony

cigarettebalcony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

Went for a hike with the boy yesterday... felt anxious af, like I had to train HARD. Ended up purging twice throughout the day due to it. Today is a new day, NO PURGING, and going to train hard as hell after work to make up for it all. xoxox

stay strong!! 💖💖

stay safe.<3

#472 skinnyfor_ballet

skinnyfor_ballet

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:25 AM

Ah I am late to this thread but i love this!!!

I am a dancer, and I also do tons of pilates, yoga, walking, and, when I'm at school, hiking as well (my university is in the mountains).

As far as diet goes, I'm a pescetarian, and I don't consume dairy except for cheese. 

• Katatat and Cushmere like this
*Accountability*

https://www.myproana...ew-years-2021/ 

SW: 115

CW:115

GW1:110

GW2:105

GW3:100

#473 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2623 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:51 AM

Again! I’ve been caught in a depression slump. My fitness hasn’t really gone down because of my job, but I want to get back into my routines.
Doing anything in the area outside right now... is incredibly daunting. We have more tourists in the area now then last summer. Cars are parked up the street passed my house to get to the beach. People are just straight up not going home when they come here for vacation.
We went fly fishing yesterday at a reservoir I thought wouldn’t be too crowded, because well it’s a reservoir and we live at the largest alpine lake in North America, so this reservoir shouldn’t be bad.
I was wrong. Majorly wrong. We found a somewhat lone spot but then this giant drunk family pushed their unicorn floaty with five other floaties tied to it UP THE RIVER where we were fishing. Like wtf is wrong with people. On top of that - 3 other groups saw where we were and invaded our spot. (We set up somewhere you had to walk kinda far from where we parked, so it was empty at first).
I’m just frustrated. I already don’t like crowds anyway, but with covid on top of it all, just not stoked.
How is everyone handling summer, covid, and athletics?

• relaxingterror likes this

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#474 Daerienn

Daerienn

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:06 PM

Can I join? I'm an athlete, and been one most of my life. I used to be a volleyball player, but I fractured my arm, and broke my tendon on my right hand, and my pinky is paralized lol. The docs told me I shouldn't play anymore.

So I picked up running etc.

Atm, I : •do bodybuilding style training (and compete/won a few shows) 6/week.

•Run at least 8 km/day (I usually aim for 10-12)

•Go on hikes every week

•Do at least 1 hour of yoga every day.

•Try to restrict below 1200 cals/day.

Well, at least this past week, since I came out of recovery not too long ago, and I've been having my weight monitored or I'm back to hell.

I also used to bike ride, but my bike broke and am too broke to fix it atm lol.

I love how motivating everyone seems to be in here!

• Katatat and Cushmere like this

xlk7U9E.gif

#475 Minimonster

Minimonster

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:06 PM

I mostly run/ yoga but you ladies are inspiring me to give climbing a try!!
  • Katatat likes this

tumblr_papcvdAWP91twfosao1_500.jpg

#476 relaxingterror

relaxingterror

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:57 AM

Going for a cleansing forest run tonight after work I can't wait!!
  • Katatat likes this

#477 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2623 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 15 November 2020 - 01:46 PM

Guys, I know it’s been a while.
I climbed!! And it felt so good. I climbed hard for not having climbed in so long. V3’s 5.10’s.

I’m going again tonight an dim really hoping I caught the climbing bug again, because damn I’ve missed that passion.

I felt like I couldn’t post here for a long time. Work was too hard this summer to workout around it, but from climbing those grades without any practice in months, I can tell I’ve kept my strength because of how busy work was. Hope I’m welcome to rejoin as a non practicing athlete trying to re-enter my sport.

I missed everyone!

• Beakerr and Stårmie like this

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#478 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2623 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 15 November 2020 - 11:54 PM

I went for a hike with my dog and climbed today!

5.9+, 5.11-, 5 (v3), 1 (v4), 2 (v2)

Climbing was a quick session, just an hour. I’m still proud of myself for being active today. Weekends have been pretty depressing, but today was truly wonderful.

969df34a7ef8554a2d6f138b384252ad.jpg

I ate chicken twice today like a weirdo.

Foooooood
Chicken salad for “breakfast” at 4pm.
Blueberry RX bar before climbing
Chicken fajitas after climbing.

Easy source of protein I guess?

• Stårmie likes this

Spoiler

#479 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2623 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:41 AM

I’m thinking of doing a yoga/stretching routine later- thought I’d ask if anyone has a good step by step for a particular full body stretch?
I tried not to push too hard yesterday on long routes, that’s why I only did one, but I’m still sore. If not I’ll post what I do here later!

It’s always weird to go from not working out to working out.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users