Ortho Athletes Club - Page 3 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ortho Athletes Club

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Oh crazy you can boulder so hard—I can climb up to 5.12 but bouldering above V5 is crazy hard for me, way more powerful style. I live in CO so all the professional climbers are here, it’s awesome!

Anyways today was good, ate a good amount and kept it vegan. Going to do some home workouts for abs and legs/butt now

Do you guys all have IG? I already know a couple of you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Katatat likes this

#42 Guest_Tiny Rick_*

Guest_Tiny Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:19 PM

Yeah I don't know. Everyone is so good these days. Like we're four girls climbing v9 and above in my tiny gym already. I've been trying to get into the social media thing (mainly Instagram), but I don't know if I have what it takes to do that stuff properly. Thanks though! :) For now I guess I'll just climb more things and try to videotape them.

I've been climbing for almost 10 years now, so it's been a while.. Started in 2009.

I’ve never met more than 1 girl who boulders that hard—and hardly any men—and I live in the climbing Mecca of the US. Can’t believe you know so many hard boulderers!

#43 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

Oh crazy you can boulder so hard—I can climb up to 5.12 but bouldering above V5 is crazy hard for me, way more powerful style. I live in CO so all the professional climbers are here, it’s awesome!

Anyways today was good, ate a good amount and kept it vegan. Going to do some home workouts for abs and legs/butt now

Do you guys all have IG? I already know a couple of you lol

Oh cool! I know some of the pros from the US! Style has a lot to say I think. I build muscle easily, so bouldering definitely suits me more.

Do you stay vegan every day, or is it an occasional thing?

(I have IG, but if anyone wants it PM me. I don't want it to pop up here if someone searches for it)

#44 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

I’ve never met more than 1 girl who boulders that hard—and hardly any men—and I live in the climbing Mecca of the US. Can’t believe you know so many hard boulderers!

Same dude!!

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#45 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

I got a move further on this red/orange v3 I’ve been working on for a while- only one move left and I have it!!
I think I’m coming down with something though. The flu is in the air and I am not feeling well.
I did make it up most of the way on 3 v4s!! I think when I’m feeling better I can for sure get at least 2 of them.

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

Spoiler

#46 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:20 AM

I got a move further on this red/orange v3 I’ve been working on for a while- only one move left and I have it!!
I think I’m coming down with something though. The flu is in the air and I am not feeling well.
I did make it up most of the way on 3 v4s!! I think when I’m feeling better I can for sure get at least 2 of them.

You go girl! That's awesome! Having a good session while feeling kinda bad is always a good thing. Have you done the you were missing in isolation?

I had a really bad session climbing wise yesterday, gott my butt spanked on coordination and dynos (my biggest weaknesses), then got my butt spanked on the moonboard. At least pullups went okay, added 16 kg to my sets. Definitely not max, but considering how tired I was I'll take it.

#47 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

You go girl! That's awesome! Having a good session while feeling kinda bad is always a good thing. Have you done the you were missing in isolation?

I had a really bad session climbing wise yesterday, gott my butt spanked on coordination and dynos (my biggest weaknesses), then got my butt spanked on the moonboard. At least pullups went okay, added 16 kg to my sets. Definitely not max, but considering how tired I was I'll take it.

Sorry bout the bad climbing day, any day climbing is better than a day not climbing though!!
I can’t really do many pull ups. Lol I can do maybe like 5.

Spoiler

#48 wannabe.string.bean

wannabe.string.bean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

I wish I could climb but I servely lack the body strength. I’m trying to get into yoga since my running 3.5-4+ miles a day and body weight exercises are killing my knees. I’m just a needs to be soaked in sweat and run every day workout kind of nut, and my lower cal diet doesn’t help. I might pick up swimming but I’d feel like I’d look awful doing it. Any good alternatives? Or add ones? I love basketball and shoot around by myself guys never take me seriously when I try to play pickup games seeing as I’m a girl
“It works better for me to be nervous and hungry.” – Lance Armstrong

#49 sadsatanist

sadsatanist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

wow i'm very confused as i don't understand climbing at all but i admire y'alls strength oh my gosh

• Minimonster likes this

you are a blessing

142 138 134 130 126 122 118 116 112 108 104 100 96 92 88

hell yeah new HW

hw: 142 lbs

cw: 115 lbs

lw: 113 lbs

5'5

giphy.gif

#50 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:30 AM

Have any of you dropped weight to send a project before? I keep dropping close to the chains because I'm just too tired when I get there. And I keep thinking that maybe I'll send if I drop like... 5-10 lbs?

#51 The Breadcrumb Saga

The Breadcrumb Saga

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1345 posts
  • LocationLoafland

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:36 AM

I've got Ehlers-Danlos and as a teenager I was all "fuck yeah I can do anything normal people can do!!!!" and now I'm all "fuuuuuuck I got osteoarthritis in my hands and hips from years of rock climbing and parkour!!!!"

That aside I'm now constantly looking for things I can do without damaging my body, mainly walking (uphill or stairs) swimming (No way I'm going to a pool so now in winter it's just a quick dip and in summer I'll actually go swimming), and strengthening exercises to help my joints (so many people with EDS neglect their muscles and get worse.)

I'm looking into western boxing though, I've heard it's not too straining on the joints but I'd probably have to be careful.

I really want to be the fit active person who is doing multiple activities a week and constantly in motion, but moving fucking hurts (so does sitting still.)
  • Jay2TheBones likes this

Title.jpg?fit=1000%2C650

#52 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

Have any of you dropped weight to send a project before? I keep dropping close to the chains because I'm just too tired when I get there. And I keep thinking that maybe I'll send if I drop like... 5-10 lbs?

I’ve been trying to.. lol but dammit I keep gaining and losing the same 5-8 pounds.
I was working a 5.10d for a while, and it has an unprotected roof section I just couldn’t pull myself over (probably a mix of fear and da booty). I’m hoping to get it this year once the snow melts.
I unfortunately have Raynauds and my hands and feet get fucked when it’s too cold. It’s a lot worse when I’m restricting.

Spoiler

#53 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

I've got Ehlers-Danlos and as a teenager I was all "fuck yeah I can do anything normal people can do!!!!" and now I'm all "fuuuuuuck I got osteoarthritis in my hands and hips from years of rock climbing and parkour!!!!"

That aside I'm now constantly looking for things I can do without damaging my body, mainly walking (uphill or stairs) swimming (No way I'm going to a pool so now in winter it's just a quick dip and in summer I'll actually go swimming), and strengthening exercises to help my joints (so many people with EDS neglect their muscles and get worse.)

I'm looking into western boxing though, I've heard it's not too straining on the joints but I'd probably have to be careful.

I really want to be the fit active person who is doing multiple activities a week and constantly in motion, but moving fucking hurts (so does sitting still.)

What is ehlers danlos???

Spoiler

#54 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

wow i'm very confused as i don't understand climbing at all but i admire y'alls strength oh my gosh

You should try it!! It’s super fun, meditative, and challenging!! And well, there’s fit, then there’s climbing fit, and climbing fit is another level man.
  • RumHam likes this

Spoiler

#55 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1367 posts
  • LocationDrinking tea with the Mad Hatter

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

Love this thread! I'm not a climber tho, sorry  :wacko:

Cross country skier, long distance hiker, mountain biker

It's really tough struggling with an ED and being an endurance athlete...

• smallsteps likes this

Height: 5'6"

HW: 140
LW: 94
CW: 118

GW1:125
GW2: 120
GW3: 115
GW4: 110
UGW: ?? 

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Accountability: 

#56 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

Love this thread! I'm not a climber tho, sorry :wacko:
Cross country skier, long distance hiker, mountain biker

It's really tough struggling with an ED and being an endurance athlete...

It's so hard ro be an athlete with an ED at all I think. Line I'm so conflicted about taking care of myself and working my diet to optimal performance and just wating to fast and drop weight like crazy 😂
  • lost.in.eternity and Dorlor like this

#57 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:15 PM

I’ve been trying to.. lol but dammit I keep gaining and losing the same 5-8 pounds.
I was working a 5.10d for a while, and it has an unprotected roof section I just couldn’t pull myself over (probably a mix of fear and da booty). I’m hoping to get it this year once the snow melts.
I unfortunately have Raynauds and my hands and feet get fucked when it’s too cold. It’s a lot worse when I’m restricting.

Ooh that sounds bad :(
I'm not fond of cold climbing either, but that's purely me being a princess.

How cold is it over there now?

#58 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1367 posts
  • LocationDrinking tea with the Mad Hatter

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

It's so hard ro be an athlete with an ED at all I think. Line I'm so conflicted about taking care of myself and working my diet to optimal performance and just wating to fast and drop weight like crazy

Absolutely! It's so tough - I just had my most successful race season this year, at the highest weight I've been in so long. Partially I gained weight because one of my races was a 100km backcountry cross country nordic race that required athletes pull a 40kilo pulk. (sled that drags behind you) Obviously if you weigh too little it's really hard to pull that weight. But the second my season ended I'm just like 

MUST. RESTRICT.

Ugh.

Hate it

Height: 5'6"

HW: 140
LW: 94
CW: 118

GW1:125
GW2: 120
GW3: 115
GW4: 110
UGW: ?? 

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Accountability: 

#59 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

Ooh that sounds bad :(
I'm not fond of cold climbing either, but that's purely me being a princess.

How cold is it over there now?

It’s 40 today but it’s supposed to snow 1-3 feet tonight.
I didn’t use to have that, but I think Ed has taken a lot from me and it’s only given me damn raynauds lol

Spoiler

#60 Katatat

Katatat

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2267 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

Absolutely! It's so tough - I just had my most successful race season this year, at the highest weight I've been in so long. Partially I gained weight because one of my races was a 100km backcountry cross country nordic race that required athletes pull a 40kilo pulk. (sled that drags behind you) Obviously if you weigh too little it's really hard to pull that weight. But the second my season ended I'm just like
MUST. RESTRICT.
Ugh.
Hate it

I feel ya girl :/
  • lost.in.eternity likes this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users