Ortho Athletes Club - Page 5 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ortho Athletes Club

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#81 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts
  • LocationDrinking tea with the Mad Hatter

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

Yeah luckily it’s so dry here haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason, I'm already scared of fire season, even though it's only March. Something feels off. But it's CO, so I'll take all of its moody weather <3 

Height: 5'6"

HW: 140
LW: 94
CW: 118

GW1:125
GW2: 120
GW3: 115
GW4: 110
UGW: ?? 

Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Accountability: 

#82 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:57 AM

Aw, thanks! Gear head to gear head, over here! (I've worked at a couple different gear shops for 9 years now) I'd ask what shop you work at, but internet, haha.

Have you thought about doing it? It's really, really cool. Super freakin hard, but amazing.

I think maybe with ED's we're all addicted to rushes. I'm hella impressed with your bouldering! I've never had the upper body strength to do that!

I don't think I would be able to finish if I tried to do Amundsen. It just seems so hard. I'm going to run my first mountain half marathon on june, and even that might be stretching it a bit!

I just love bouldering so much, but I also definitely have an easier time with strength based stuff compared to endurance.

#83 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3081 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, if I have children (can't and don't want though) they'd have a 50/50 chance of inheriting the illness.
Yeah it's definitly made it worse, probably because there is a lot of overlap between crap that is caused by eating disorders and crap that comes with EDS. Just happens a lot faster if that makes sense? It's not that bad really, I just had the whole youthful mindset of being invincible and then got smacked real hard by reality 😂 as long as I do my best to avoid b/p and don't over exercise (or exercise the wrong way) I'll be alright:) just suuuuuper restless, climbing was my safe place so I miss it dearly but my fingers don't 😅

I signed up for a private boxing lesson just to try it out, I'm really exited as I think I'll be able to do it :D

Let me know how it goes girl- I bet you’ll slay!!

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

#84 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3081 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

This is so me, too. I grew up backpacking, skiing, mountain biking, etc., but when I really started getting into endurance sports, initially my relationship with food improved. Now it's that same yo-yo. Although, I will say I don't let myself get super, super low anymore, because I could just die in the backcountry if I did that, and I don't want that. It sucks how it's a push-pull situation
*hugs*

Dude same! Major hugs!! I’m out of town until Tuesday!
I’m in SoCal and my dude is in meetings all weekend. I already walked 6 miles and laid on the beach until I burned. What should I do???? Near Santa Barbara kinda..
  • lost.in.eternity likes this

"Performance is most easily improved not by adding things, but by removing obstacles."

#85 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

Dude same! Major hugs!! I’m out of town until Tuesday!
I’m in SoCal and my dude is in meetings all weekend. I already walked 6 miles and laid on the beach until I burned. What should I do???? Near Santa Barbara kinda..

I'm not super familiar with Cali, but my mother-in-law lives just south of Monterey, and there's this park called Point Lobos, you can do a six mile run there, and it is SOOOOOO breathtaking! I mean seriously, I'm a mountain gal, but that shit is insane! It's rough coastal, so there's breaking waves and all sorts of wildlife. 

Accountability: 

#86 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3081 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:59 PM

I'm not super familiar with Cali, but my mother-in-law lives just south of Monterey, and there's this park called Point Lobos, you can do a six mile run there, and it is SOOOOOO breathtaking! I mean seriously, I'm a mountain gal, but that shit is insane! It's rough coastal, so there's breaking waves and all sorts of wildlife.

I haven’t ran yet because all I brought are xtratufs and chacos lol
#problemsofamountsingirl
But tomorrow it’s happening- I bought some $3 thirst store running shoes lol
Also I saw sharks.
I went to SB’s climbing gym- good problems- but I felt like there was a huge difference between the v2 to v3 to v4. They also made a lot of the starts the crux- which maybe it sounds dumb but I’ve never liked that. I want to be pumped and power through I guess or get in the zone. I’ve always hated crux starts (that damn 5.10d from this summer- unprotected roof prior to the first clip 20’ up. Psh I will have you.
V3 with no feet to start then jugs n pegs everywhere at a gym? Don’t like - is it weird or am I just being salty? Maybe I’m being selfish and need an ego boost to get through the first couple moves. Merrr I suck.

#87 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1459 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:05 AM

I haven’t ran yet because all I brought are xtratufs and chacos lol
#problemsofamountsingirl
But tomorrow it’s happening- I bought some $3 thirst store running shoes lol
Also I saw sharks.
I went to SB’s climbing gym- good problems- but I felt like there was a huge difference between the v2 to v3 to v4. They also made a lot of the starts the crux- which maybe it sounds dumb but I’ve never liked that. I want to be pumped and power through I guess or get in the zone. I’ve always hated crux starts (that damn 5.10d from this summer- unprotected roof prior to the first clip 20’ up. Psh I will have you.
V3 with no feet to start then jugs n pegs everywhere at a gym? Don’t like - is it weird or am I just being salty? Maybe I’m being selfish and need an ego boost to get through the first couple moves. Merrr I suck.

Nice find on the shoes! I know, the #problemsofamountaingirl are a for real thing, haha! My place of work is 3,000' lower than where I live, so I'll often show up in big snow boots and all bundled up, only for it to be sunny down there, lol.

And I'm not a climber, but what you're saying makes sense to me! If I'm skiing a steep couloir, I'd prefer if I could make, you know, two straightforward turns before it gets all cruxy on me! Sometimes nature doesn't give that to you, haha. But I could see it being even more obnoxious in a gym, because it's kind of contrived, if they set it like that. (maybe...in my opinion!) I'm just gunna say, you don't suck, hun!

*hugs* 

Accountability: 

#88 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3081 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

My head is pounding
And I need a reset/ badly.
I climbed n walked (over 10mi) every day.
But gained
Gained
like s piece of shit.
Anyone have reset plans..

#89 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1459 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

My head is pounding
But gained
Gained
like s piece of shit.

Aw, hun, you are deffinitely not a piece of shit. 

Are you properly hydrated? (Just wondering because of the headache)

Sometimes I fast to try and reset...but it's hard while being so active :'( 

Accountability: 

#90 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:37 AM

My head is pounding
But gained
Gained
like s piece of shit.

You and me both:(
If I need a reset I usually ho on liquids (so smoothies and soups) because I've never managed the fasting thing without crashing completely because of my schedule.

I feel super bloated and heavy on the wall and it sucks big timeeee.

#91 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3081 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:41 PM

Aw, hun, you are deffinitely not a piece of shit.
Are you properly hydrated? (Just wondering because of the headache)
Sometimes I fast to try and reset...but it's hard while being so active :'(

Long story-
Months ago I had a nexplanon bar implanted in my arm and my period has been a constant spotting thing- but as of a couple days ago- I’m bleeding like I was fucking stabbed. The pain is gruesome- body pain- head pain- depression.
I feel physically and mentally worse than I have in a long time

#92 Katatat

Katatat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3081 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:41 PM

You and me both:(
If I need a reset I usually ho on liquids (so smoothies and soups) because I've never managed the fasting thing without crashing completely because of my schedule.

I feel super bloated and heavy on the wall and it sucks big timeeee.

Do you have a significant other? I’ve done liquid casts frequently while he’s away but he’s here now

#93 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:23 AM

Do you have a significant other? I’ve done liquid casts frequently while he’s away but he’s here now

I do, but we live miles apart 😭

I still did do liquids when I lived with my ex some years ago though. But I have chronic stomach issues and liquids are easier to digest when I have flare-ups so I could just blame it on that.

#94 kaityrrr

kaityrrr

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Locationthe mountains

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

omg i’m SO GLAD to finally find some other climbers in this community

cw: 125ish i think 

sw: 137lbs 

gw: 99lbs 

EDs suck but here i am anyway

#95 smallsteps

smallsteps

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

omg i’m SO GLAD to finally find some other climbers in this community

Hello, welcome to the party! :D
It's nice to find similar people on here. <3
  • kaityrrr likes this

#96 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1459 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

Long story-
Months ago I had a nexplanon bar implanted in my arm and my period has been a constant spotting thing- but as of a couple days ago- I’m bleeding like I was fucking stabbed. The pain is gruesome- body pain- head pain- depression.
I feel physically and mentally worse than I have in a long time

Oh man, that sounds a bit of a nightmare. Could you also be feeling bad from low iron then? If you’ve been bleeding so much, and you’re so active, that might be part of it. If you do go to the dr for bloodwork, really try and push for a full iron panel - I (and quite a few of my athletic friends) come out looking low/normal on a standard blood test, but with an iron panel show up way funky. Seems like it’s kinda a female athlete thing. *hugs*

Accountability: 

#97 Green.Giantess

Green.Giantess

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

Oh my god! What a gorgeous place to run! That trail looks perfect! I'm jealous!

This morning started with tea, yoga, and a fasted 6-mile trail run:

9198d3f3264c865135e87926e058e288.jpg

#98 Green.Giantess

Green.Giantess

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Hey! I only dabble in climbing, but can I join the party anyway? 

I am a trail runner, yoga teacher, and have developed a raging crossfit addiction in the past year and a half. I also guide backpacking trips, ski, climb, and am learning to whitewater kayak. Basically I just want to be moving all the time. 

So nice to find people who get the dilemma of athletic performance vs. restricting/ED, though I'm so sorry you folks deal with this too. 

#99 lost.in.eternity

lost.in.eternity

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1459 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

Hey! I only dabble in climbing, but can I join the party anyway?

I am a trail runner, yoga teacher, and have developed a raging crossfit addiction in the past year and a half. I also guide backpacking trips, ski, climb, and am learning to whitewater kayak. Basically I just want to be moving all the time.

So nice to find people who get the dilemma of athletic performance vs. restricting/ED, though I'm so sorry you folks deal with this too.

I’m another non-climber, but same; really nice to get to talk to others who understand the challenges of dealing with an ED and also being concerned about athletic performance.

Where do you guide backpack trips?? Sounds awesome!
  • Green.Giantess likes this

Accountability: 

#100 failing_dreams

failing_dreams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:13 PM

I'm mostly a runner. I could run much longer before my disabilities got worse but as they got somewhat better I'm running again, trying to get closer to how it used to be.

I used to be able to run for at least 90 minutes if I felt like it, now I had to start at only 6 minutes but yesterday I got up to 31:45 and I'm kind of proud of it, especially given that I'm a part time wheelchair user.
But dang I miss that runners high and I am frigging gonna get it! I loved running and I still do.

• lost.in.eternity likes this

Starting again for the felt 8237895th time because recovery never lasts. Relapsed again, well, well.

Height: 5'5

HW: 135 lbs

SW: 128 lbs (June 25 2019)

CW: 128 lbs (June 25 2019)

CW: 123 lbs (July 8 2019)

GW1: 125 lbs

GW2: 120 lbs

GW3: 115 lbs

GW4: 110 lbs

GW5: 105 lbs

UGW: 100 lbs

127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users