chocolate/candy mono experiments + results - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

chocolate/candy mono experiments + results

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

hey hi hello so i have an accountability thread already on here that i update daily on with my usual ‘diet’ plan but i want to start incorporating monos into it. i used to do mono’s quite a lot but haven’t been doing them much recently. but i thought this would boost my metabolism as well as prevent binging because of the higher calorie intake compared to the rest of the week.

i’m not giving myself a set plan to do a mono certain days but i want to maybe do one at least once a week or so. with that, i’ll post results from the morning after with starting & ending weight, how much i ate (grams, calories), how much water i drank && any exercise i did.

i think i want to try mostly 'filled' chocolate and different candy, i know some people say they won't work but i've seen positive experiences with other people trying them so thought i could try them all and just make a master thread of them all?? idk i'll incorporate other monos too, probably not much healthy food like fruit because i feel like a loss would just be because you'll be in a calorie deficit so whats the point u know,,, i think it might be fun to do some 'easter' chocolate too but i'll probably do that at the end of the month when all the chocolate is cheap lmao

feel free to leave any ideas of foods to try below, either chocolate type or anything :)

i have tried some of these before but my weight/bmi was higher so i want to see how they'd work with an underweight bmi so my average bmi is around 18.3, but i'll post the specific bmi/weight from before the mono when i post results

rules;
- no liquids except water
- aim for 1L water but ideally have 2L
- may chew sugar free gum but limit to 4 pieces max
- must consume at least 800-1000 calories of that food (some may be higher/lower depending on the food)
- minimum 20 min walk each mono day

here's a list of everything i have/want to try;
- bread (?)

- caramel chocolate (-0.4lbs)

- cereal (-0.6lbs)
- doritos (-0.5lbs - cool original; -0.4lbs - tangy cheese)
- gummy bears
- haribos (?)
- kinder
- milk bottle gummies (+0.5lbs)
- milkybar
- mini eggs (-1.0lbs)
- m&ms
- oatmeal
- oreo
- plain milk chocolate

- raisins

rice krispies (-0.6lbs)

- seabrook (-0.7lbs)

- shortbread (+0.2lbs)

- strawberry laces (-0.6lbs)
- twix

black = planning to try
green = lost
orange = maintained
red = gained

• Waterhaszerocalories likes this

my mono experiments + results

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw1: 110lbs

gw2; 105lbs

gw3: 99lbs

ugw: 90lbs

#2 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18339 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:28 PM

I'd really like to see the results of a blueberry mono diet vs. an any type of berry diet.  Blueberries have been touted online as being the most effective in terms of weight loss of all the mono diets and I would like to know if that actually holds up or not.  I'd also like to see a nuts diet and a walnut mono.  Walnuts are said to be the best type of nut for dropping body fat and weight while maximizing nutrition.  Otherwise an oatmeal mono would be nice to look at.  Salmon is expensive, but is high in protein and would also be interesting as high protein diets are touted for weight loss (tuna is almost as good).  Other interesting ideas would be carrot mono, mushroom mono, grapefruit mono, oatmeal mono, olive mono, twice steamed pork ribs mono (simply cause I eat those all the time), raisons mono, grapes mono (interesting to compare against raisons mono), rice mono, avocado mono, melons diet, dark chocolate mono (as it regulates hormones quite well I am interested to see its results), and a dates mono (I love dates but am a bit afraid to eat them).

• NotABlueJewel likes this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:23 AM

milk bottle gummies

intake; 4 x 258 cal bags = 1032 cals / 250g
water; 500ml
bm; no
tdee; 1874
pre-mono weight; 102lbs
post-mono weight; 102.5lbs

overall result: 0.5lb gain

this mono was quite hard because it just didn’t fill me up at all. was hungry all day & should probably have drank more water but i was pretty active all day. i do feel a bit gassy & that i may have a bm this morning (although my stomach looks flatter¿¿) but i wanted to weigh in exactly 24 hours later. i ate between 9am-4pm & fasted the rest of the time, as i will do with the rest of the monos.

overall:
- didn’t fill me up or satisfy me
- wasn’t that enjoyable
- wouldn’t recommend for a lower bmi

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#4 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:54 AM

cool original doritos

intake; 893 cals / 180g
water; 1500ml
bm; yes w/ lax
tdee; 2072
pre-mono weight; 102.5lbs
post-mono weight; 102lbs

overall result: 0.5lb loss 

an easy mono for me. i fasted for around 20 hours and only ate the bag in a 4 hour window but tbf i had more energy before i ate them. i was still active even after eating the bag and didn't feel too hungry so quite happy with the mono. it did make me feel quite bloated so i did take some lax but it hasn't fully kicked in yet so that weight is probably higher than it would be after the lax is done. finally lost the gummy bear mono weight after two days which is good but i''m planning to eat 'normally' (700 max) then maybe mono the day after? or two days after?

overall:
- filling mono
- didn't give much energy but understandable because it's all just fat and carbs
- wouldn’t recommend eating any more than one bag, definitely not if you did a different flavour 

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#5 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:45 AM

i’m planning on doing a cadbury oreo chocolate mono tomorrow. i have a 120g bar and 80.2g of oreo eggs (totalling to 1136 cals / 220.2g). i’ll be back on tuesday to share my results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • angeldusttt likes this

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#6 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:02 PM

seabrook cheese and onion

intake; 765 cals / 150g
water; 1000ml
bm; no
tdee; 1796
pre-binge weight; 102.9lbs
post-binge weight; 102.1lbs

overall difference; -0.7lbs loss

not too much to say really. i wasn’t feeling hungry but i had to eat in front of my mum so thought i’d do a kind of mono. it didn’t exactly full me up much but it didn’t leave me desperately hungry either. i ate it all in one go and was quite busy the rest of the day so i didn’t get a chance to even think about food. i’m glad it got me back to my pre binge weight but i binged the next day when i tried a pringle mono so we love a failure X

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#7 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:48 AM

cadbury mini eggs

intake; 389 cals / 80g
water; 1550ml
bm; no
tdee; 1797
pre-binge weight; 102.2lbs
post-binge weight; 101.2lbs

overall difference; -0.7lbs loss

not sure if the loss was because of the calorie deficit but i've been eating around the same and maintained until this so i'm saying its the mono lmao. i am planning on doing another mini egg mono but with 2 x 80g bags to see if the mono works or it was just the cal deficit. this did make me feel a little bit weak and dizzy but not sure if that was because i had 30+ injections at my hospital appt afterwards but either way i was fine and it didn't affect my activity or anything.

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#8 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:10 AM

fizzy strawberry laces

intake; 720 cals / 125g
water; 1500ml
bm; no
tdee; 1880

overall difference; -0.6lbs loss

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#9 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:11 AM

rice krispies multigrain shapes

intake; 393 cals / 100g
water; 500ml
bm; no
tdee; 1531

overall difference; -0.6lbs loss

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#10 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:04 AM

shortbread

intake; 1850 cals / 300g
water; 1500ml
bm; no
tdee; 1917

overall difference; + 0.2lbs

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#11 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:05 AM

tangy cheese doritos

intake; 900 cals / 180g
water; 2000ml
bm; no
tdee; 1851

overall difference; -0.4lbs loss

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#12 liightfeather

liightfeather

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:05 AM

caramel chocolate

intake; <1000 cals / 200g
water; 1200ml
bm; no
tdee; 1941

overall difference; -0.4lbs loss

ig / starving.gemini

height; 160cm

hw; 144lbs

cw; 99lbs

gw2; 105lbs

#13 NotABlueJewel

NotABlueJewel

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMementos

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:16 AM

I'm actually doing a White Chocolate Mono today!

"I can't get taller, but I can get thinner"

-NotABlueJewel 2019 lol

Currently doing:

• My very own best stop the binges. Once and for all. It may take time, but I will do the best I possibly can.
  • Writing this sentence
  • On a temporary quest of minimizing my meals to get to 48 kg mid December 2019.

If you need to talk, message me!

https://pa1.narvii.c...775c6a35_hq.gif

Height of 160.5 cm. I am WAIT I JUST DISCOVERED I'M NOT ACTUALLY 5'3 I'M IN THE 5'2s!!!!!! :OOOOOO I AM 5'26 ft. Wow.

UPDATE: Wait. I'm 163 cm?!?

Update again: Wait...162 cm

Update: ...163 again?

You know what. My height varies as much as my weight, so...Idk. Maybe when I stabilize my weight, my height will stabilize as well :)

CW: 58.5-60 kg

HW: 64.something kg

GW: 51.5 kg

GW2: 48 kg

GW3: 46 kg

GW4: 44 kg

(UGW)GW5: 42 kg

THE GRAND FINALE (UGW2)GW6: 40 kg or 40.5 kg

TFW someone can actually lean on your head because you're so short -o-

2020 Update

Currently doing:

• My very own best stop the binges. It feels like forever, but I will do the best I possibly can.
  • Finding Balance. I'm trying to reach my goals by learning to rely on myself.
  • I'm changing my set point, and doing so in phases. I want this for good, not for just 1 month.
  • My best to start taking charge of my life.

I might not be on here that much anymore, but I'm going to see what I do. I may be off here for months but still reading posts once in a while though not signed in. I hope for the best for all of you. This might change, and I might even start and accountability for my journey to find a better equilibrium for my body, but my main goal right now is to be satisfied with reaching the lowest but healthy weight for me.

I am training myself to believe what I tell myself and trust with the necessary moderation what my body is saying now, doing this from scratch, for the first time in a while. Baby steps, that's what you need to keep moving forwards.

(also, it seems like my height has once again changed??? I am 164cm again?? lol)

#14 NotABlueJewel

NotABlueJewel

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMementos

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:17 AM

Oh, also really want to congratulate you on your perseverance! ^_^

• liightfeather likes this

-NotABlueJewel 2019 lol

Currently doing:

• My very own best stop the binges. Once and for all. It may take time, but I will do the best I possibly can.
  • Writing this sentence
  • On a temporary quest of minimizing my meals to get to 48 kg mid December 2019.

Height of 160.5 cm. I am WAIT I JUST DISCOVERED I'M NOT ACTUALLY 5'3 I'M IN THE 5'2s!!!!!! :OOOOOO I AM 5'26 ft. Wow.

You know what. My height varies as much as my weight, so...Idk. Maybe when I stabilize my weight, my height will stabilize as well :)

2020 Update

Currently doing:

• My very own best stop the binges. It feels like forever, but I will do the best I possibly can.
  • I'm changing my set point, and doing so in phases. I want this for good, not for just 1 month.

I might not be on here that much anymore, but I'm going to see what I do. I may be off here for months but still reading posts once in a while though not signed in. I hope for the best for all of you. This might change, and I might even start and accountability for my journey to find a better equilibrium for my body, but my main goal right now is to be satisfied with reaching the lowest but healthy weight for me.

I am training myself to believe what I tell myself and trust with the necessary moderation what my body is saying now, doing this from scratch, for the first time in a while. Baby steps, that's what you need to keep moving forwards.

(also, it seems like my height has once again changed??? I am 164cm again?? lol)

#15 angelrexia

angelrexia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

I'm actually doing a White Chocolate Mono today!

hey i would like to try this white chocolate mono sometime, could you possibly update about how it goes for you with results and all?

#16 NotABlueJewel

NotABlueJewel

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMementos

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:22 AM

hey i would like to try this white chocolate mono sometime, could you possibly update about how it goes for you with results and all?

Yep! I did it for one day and lost 0.2 kg or around 1 lb? Usually I lose around 1 kg or 2.2 lb, but I actually accidentally mixed condensed milk in. Lesson learned, haha! :D

Edit: forgot to mention, this was without a **bowel movement** this morning ( lol sorry)

-NotABlueJewel 2019 lol

Currently doing:

• Writing this sentence

2020 Update

Currently doing:

#17 angelrexia

angelrexia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:17 AM

Yep! I did it for one day and lost 0.2 kg or around 1 lb? Usually I lose around 1 kg or 2.2 lb, but I actually accidentally mixed condensed milk in. Lesson learned, haha! :D

Edit: forgot to mention, this was without a **bowel movement** this morning ( lol sorry)

thanks for the reply! im quite inpatient with the numbers so i might just end up on a 3-week liquid fast haha. someone on mpa lost 10kg in 3 weeks by doing this and i think 15kg in a month but im not sure about that last number

#18 TheWallflower

TheWallflower

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

Wow someone did a 3 week chocolate mono? I LOVE chocolates and can mono on those for longer than a day obviously but I'm scared of diabetes. Unless we eat only sugar free ones but those aren't cheap yikes.
5'2
CW Still Fat IMO.
UGW 92lbs

#19 Guest_EveIynn_*

Guest_EveIynn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:59 PM

Wow someone did a 3 week chocolate mono? I LOVE chocolates and can mono on those for longer than a day obviously but I'm scared of diabetes. Unless we eat only sugar free ones but those aren't cheap yikes.

"Sugar doesn't cause diabetes. But there isone way that sugar can influence whether a person gets type 2 diabetes. Consuming too much sugar (or sugary foods and drinks) can make people put on weight. ... Weight gain from eating too much of any food can make a person's chance of getting diabetes greater."

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

#20 TheWallflower

TheWallflower

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:20 AM

"Sugar doesn't cause diabetes. But there isone way that sugar can influence whether a person gets type 2 diabetes. Consuming too much sugar (or sugary foods and drinks) can make people put on weight. ... Weight gain from eating too much of any food can make a person's chance of getting diabetes greater."

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

But eating too much sugar and fats (chocolates) in the long run can lead to weight gain and eventually diabetes hehe.

I am somewhat curious though on the link between obesity and type 2 diabetes.
My mom and all of her siblings were / are either overweight or obese but none of them has had diabetes.
OTOH several other relatives of ours who suffer from type 2 diabetes are all naturally slim. They were slim before being diagnosed and maintained pretty much the same figure after.
5'2
CW Still Fat IMO.
UGW 92lbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users