Bands/Artists that you think should be recognized more? - Page 8 - Music and Lyrics - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Bands/Artists that you think should be recognized more?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_cpl593h_*

Guest_cpl593h_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:25 AM

Transvision Vamp

#142 Guest_Exulansis_*

Guest_Exulansis_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:55 AM

Alcoholic Faith Mission.

#143 male wife

male wife

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:44 AM

cake bake betty!! songs about teeth is such a good album i wish more people listened to it. and linus' blanket, their song music takes us to the universe is one of my top 5 fave songs tbh.

also nicole dollanganger should be more popular i love her and dog teeth is such a relatable song

#144 KartulPask

KartulPask

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationI have nothing quirky to put here

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:09 PM

Nill' - One of the only newer bands I like. Similar to the "grunge" stuff from the 90's. Many people who listen to stuff like that are too scared to search farther than Nirvana. 

Tad - Back to "non-recent" bands, I'm not gonna pretend I know everything about these guys, but they sure seem good and underrated to me. Although the band is gone, at least the singer is still alive. 

Jerry Cantrell's Solo Work - Boggy Depot and Degradation Trip are two of my favorite albums and are often overshadowed by Alice in Chain's stuff. Layne was an amazing singer but Jerry was responsible for a lot of the lyrics and music. So it would make sense for people to listen to his solo stuff, but unfortunately some people don't seem to want to without the words "Alice in Chains" plastered on top the record. 

Alice in Chains - Now that I think about it, do any people my age actually listen to this band? I was busy talking about Jerry and his shit but now I'm starting to question whether people even listen to Alice in Chains. Kids my age only speak of Nirvana and MCR. A lot of them just do it to look cool. 

Mad Season - Now back to Layne. I believe he did actually write a lot of the songs in here.

I'm sorry this is long, this thread seems dead anyway.  

Height: 5'6

Sw: Too much of a wuss

Cw: 126 lb

Gw1: 115 lb

Gw2: 105 lb

Ugw: I'll never know till I see what I look like at 105... 100 seems ok at the moment..

My accountability: https://www.myproana...ountability-��/    

#145 Flapjacks

Flapjacks

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, uk

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:21 PM

Wardruna
Johnny Cash
Loreena Mckennit
Damh the Bard
Rammstein
Heilung
  • _Deleted_- likes this

chesh

#146 KartulPask

KartulPask

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationI have nothing quirky to put here

Posted 19 March 2021 - 09:08 AM

I posted here earlier speaking of Niil', Tad, Hole?... And maybe some other artists, but I'm back with yet another one:  Days of the New. If you think Niil or Tad is underrated, wait till you here Days of the New. By now it's really Travis Meeks, but god, he's so talented. The drugs have taken a really big toll, though, and it's sad, but the yellow album is honestly my favorite album no one seems to know about.

Well, most people know Shelf in the Room and Touch, Peel, and Stand, but the other ones are a bit less popular. Same goes for the rest of the albums. 

Height: 5'6

Sw: Too much of a wuss

Cw: 126 lb

Gw1: 115 lb

Gw2: 105 lb

Ugw: I'll never know till I see what I look like at 105... 100 seems ok at the moment..

My accountability: https://www.myproana...ountability-��/    

#147 brooklyn-enigma

brooklyn-enigma

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationlost in a grocery store, can't find my mom, please help

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:32 AM

have a nice life

they're not too underground but i think they deserve more attention

a8dc14235f37e5e5c92c5b9da22ad542.gif

she/her

5'7"

HW: 140

LW: 118

CW: 127

GW1: 125

GW2: 120

GW3: 115

UGW: *shrugs*

#148 light-in-the-crack

light-in-the-crack

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Locationa castle on the moon

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:08 AM

Ella Jane is kind of starting to blow up and she so deserves it because she's fantastic

Forest Blakk is one of my favorites and he recently hit a million monthly listeners on Spotify

she/they

Stats:

Spoiler

My Accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users