Tramadol? - Other recognized eating disorders - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Tramadol?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 noturprincess

noturprincess

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

I didn't feel like this quite fit under the "vitamins & supplements" thread, but admin feel free to move it if I'm wrong

Does anyone else take shitty opioids to avoid eating throughout the day? I started Tramadol (synthetic opioid) because they felt good and now I'm just miserable. As soon as I realized it made me not hungry it was all down hill. 

there are so many negative side effects (constipation, lethargy, lack of interest in pretty much everything, price) but I keep doing it.

Someone tell me I'm not alone here. I have lost the most weight that I ever have. It's so nice to be able to watch someone eating a slice of pizza or browse the grocery store and not even be remotely interested in anything. so I don't want to stop but I do. Has anyone been here and successfully gotten out of it?

I might mention that I also abuse Valium and sometimes alcohol so i just have a really addictive personality.  

• Minky31, dysmorphyc and bananaforscale like this

EDNOSOS 

#2 maigrevida

maigrevida

Sage

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:43 PM

I hear you. I take ephedrine to suppress my appetite and I cannot quit. I take weekends off so that my body doesnt get used to it. If I take it everyday it is not effective anymore. I take lorazepam in the evening to help me sleep and ease the anxiety cause by the ephedrine. Between the 2 I my appetite is very suppressed. I've been doing it for about 5 years now and I hate the damage it is doing to my body and I hate that I cant quit. When I "break" on weekends, by Sunday I am starving. It's such a brutal cycle.

#3 30kg

30kg

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

i took tramadol and even though every other side effect was shit, that one made me love it. i have 2 left and im sad about it
  • something in the way likes this

ugw 66lbs, cbmi 16

30kilos @ peach

#4 nootella

nootella

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:47 PM

I used to abuse tramadol in conjunction with some other prescription and otc meds in my teens. Like you, I also didn't start taking them for weight loss but still very much enjoyed that side effect. Plus the pills were making me throw up damn near every day so my "recovered" bulimia loved that.

But I would frequently have what I later learned were absence seizures, and eventually ended up having an abnormally long grand mal seizure so I 10000% recommend quitting them asap! Please stay safe

• Roo-barb and dysmorphyc like this

#5 dysmorphyc

dysmorphyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:14 PM

I abused them for a long time. I always overdosed on them. Until I took my entire stash. I was in hospital and had a seizure and all.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Written by temporary organic being I am currently trapped in.

#6 beautiful_corpse

beautiful_corpse

Sage

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • Locationu.s

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:23 PM

I used to be very addicted to them. At one point i was taking like 9 a day. I would abuse them along with vicodin, and adderall. And all while i was in my teens :/
I was fucking stupid. And desperate to do anything that might possibly curb my appetite. Thats also why i started smoking cigarettes.
Im glad i dont do any of those things anymore
  • dysmorphyc likes this
5'8 120 lbs
Gw - 100 lbs - sometimes i fast, sometimes i b/p
Depends on whatever tf my brain decides
tumblr_nd2b1h65PI1tkvj3qo1_500.gif<p>

#7 Freshman13

Freshman13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMidwest, US

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

I've been on Tramadol for about 4 years now, for a spinal injury. After my surgeries, I was given Norco, but eventually stopped getting those after I began to heal, and was given Tramadol. Apart from helping with the withdrawals from the Norco, it didn't really do much of anything for me. I had no idea it suppressed appetite! It didn't have that affect on me, but DID make me lose a lot of my hair, and made my skin atrocious. It occasionally helped with my anxiety, though. I'm currently weaning myself off of it, and it's hell. Please be careful if you take a lot...you risk having a seizure if you stop taking them abruptly. Good luck to you!

#8 SuhhhhhDude

SuhhhhhDude

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

I’ve only used tramadol a few times. But I use codeine like all the time, it’s the only thing that gives me escape. The saddest thing is no one has ever noticed, I feel so invisible .
looking for supportive friends if you want to know more about me check my profile :)

#9 1-800-monimoni

1-800-monimoni

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

I just take anything i can find basically, percs or opiates. It slightly suppresses my appetite but at this point i need to take more and more to feel something, therefore my appetite is barely even affected now.
Working out, running, walking, swimming, that shit is kinda fun when you're on the shniz, not gonna lie

#10 CrazyLo

CrazyLo

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1379 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:06 AM

I was prescribed it after I had surgery on my leg. I lost my appetite at first, but then it came back (not insane appetite, just normal). Plus it made me really constipated. I still have some left and I've had them sitting with my other pills, untouched, for the last 6 months.

• Minky31 likes this
Height- 5'6"

SW-201 lbs BMI: 32.4

CW-183.0 lbs BMI: 29.5

LW: 76 lbs BMI: 12.3

GW1: 179 GW2: 174

GW3: 169 GW4: 164

GW4: 159 GW5: 154

GW6: 149 GW7: 144

GW8: 140

UGW: TBD

***My Accountability***

:wub: "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." :wub: 

#11 something in the way

something in the way

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1536 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:19 AM

i took tramadol and even though every other side effect was shit, that one made me love it. i have 2 left and im sad about it

I also only have two left. :( I take it on weekends to feel okay and fast while cleaning.

You can use Benadryl to potentiate opiates. I also take them with gabapentin sometimes to potentiate.

I'm only down to two Vicodin as well.

:(

tumblr_o2cog0IVFC1ueckcbo1_400.gif

i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits.

i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits.

you are not what you suffer

accountability

tumblr_inline_nnsjnpKGZl1qk1or3_500.gif

#12 something in the way

something in the way

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1536 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:20 AM

I've been on Tramadol for about 4 years now, for a spinal injury. After my surgeries, I was given Norco, but eventually stopped getting those after I began to heal, and was given Tramadol. Apart from helping with the withdrawals from the Norco, it didn't really do much of anything for me. I had no idea it suppressed appetite! It didn't have that affect on me, but DID make me lose a lot of my hair, and made my skin atrocious. It occasionally helped with my anxiety, though. I'm currently weaning myself off of it, and it's hell. Please be careful if you take a lot...you risk having a seizure if you stop taking them abruptly. Good luck to you!

I have the ones I have because my dog was prescribed it for his spine

tumblr_o2cog0IVFC1ueckcbo1_400.gif

i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits.

i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits.

you are not what you suffer

accountability

tumblr_inline_nnsjnpKGZl1qk1or3_500.gif

#13 noturprincess

noturprincess

Sage

• Members
  • 1057 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:54 AM

thanks guys.

update is that I ended up going to the hospital for this shit. Garbage doctor took the valium thing seriously but not the trama. He pretty much said I could stop anytime I want without going through withdrawal because it's essentially strong ibuprophen... so not true (according to personal experience and extensive research) and I was taking a lot...like 20-40 50 mg pills in a day at its worst which is probably why I never regained an appetite (I don't want to think about how much or how bad it was for me)! but at least I'm off the shit now. I also lost my access to buying more (by choice--I moved) and gained like 10-15 lbs (scared of the scale, sigh) in the process hence being back here  :rolleyes: is it bad that I read my original post and though "damn I miss that"

i guess i'm really lucky that I can cold turkey that shit and benzos at the same time tho and not have a seizure

EDNOSOS 

#14 Ahhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:11 AM

I didn't feel like this quite fit under the "vitamins & supplements" thread, but admin feel free to move it if I'm wrong

Does anyone else take shitty opioids to avoid eating throughout the day? I started Tramadol (synthetic opioid) because they felt good and now I'm just miserable. As soon as I realized it made me not hungry it was all down hill.
there are so many negative side effects (constipation, lethargy, lack of interest in pretty much everything, price) but I keep doing it.

Someone tell me I'm not alone here. I have lost the most weight that I ever have. It's so nice to be able to watch someone eating a slice of pizza or browse the grocery store and not even be remotely interested in anything. so I don't want to stop but I do. Has anyone been here and successfully gotten out of it?

I might mention that I also abuse Valium and sometimes alcohol so i just have a really addictive personality.

I've been there, but please be safe. Go to the pharmacy and buy narcan (its otc) accidentally overdosing on synthetic opioids is very easy

#15 Ahhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:12 AM

Sorry, didn't read the comments before posting. Thought you were still using.

#16 KBI963

KBI963

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

Personally, I take Primatene with ephedrine as my appetite suppressant. The prices for pain killers aren't very cost efficient plus I've heard of getting hooked on opiods, so I don't take them much.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk
  • autumnhaze likes this

#17 autumnhaze

autumnhaze

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:42 AM

I got badly addicted to tramadol for awhile. I was stealing them from a family member. At first I just like the europhic feeling, but once I realized how much it suppressed my appetite, it all took a downward spiral. I'd run and burn 600 Cal's, pop a tram with some coffee and I was good til the next day. What I wouldn't give to have some now 🤔
-The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it-
5'8
HW-140
CW-125
GW-120
UGW-115

#18 KBI963

KBI963

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:44 PM

I hear you. I take ephedrine to suppress my appetite and I cannot quit. I take weekends off so that my body doesnt get used to it. If I take it everyday it is not effective anymore. I take lorazepam in the evening to help me sleep and ease the anxiety cause by the ephedrine. Between the 2 I my appetite is very suppressed. I've been doing it for about 5 years now and I hate the damage it is doing to my body and I hate that I cant quit. When I "break" on weekends, by Sunday I am starving. It's such a brutal cycle.

Omg this sounds like me! I take ephedrine weekdays and take weekends off, too but I have to take it as Primatene. I take Sertraline (Zoloft) to help me sleep and for anxiety, I've been taking that for a few years, prior to taking ephedrine again. I also take Bupropion in the morning (Wellbutrin) for anxiety.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

#19 SlimPickinz

SlimPickinz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:46 AM

Same here, used to take them for my back and found it was more of a force of habit instead of a reason for taking them, and my skin was acting itchy and stuff too so i stopped- never affected my appetite. Yes, please do not stop abruptly!

#20 OMANKO

OMANKO

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4050 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 09:14 AM

haven't taken opiates in months but i found a bottle of tramadol in my bf's house and took like 12 50mg pills over like 24 hours the other week and felt realllllly nic\e, but the morning when i ran out i got the worst fucking hangover/wd and it was super miserable. i hate opiates because i have to take pretty high doses to get a nice buzz and i'm terrified of nodding off, that's why i rarely take them. like i could feel the cravings starting after one day of being high on them and that really freaked me out.

chronic orthorexia + an/bp

IBS-A, adhd and bipolar ii

taking life one day at a time, currently relapsing

711ac3ac54046c9beeced563b7e05693.jpg

height   5'6

LW       101

HW       135

CW       115

accountability

my tumblr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users