Tramadol? - Page 2 - Other recognized eating disorders - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Tramadol?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 FantasticHamplanet

FantasticHamplanet

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:32 PM

No offense but ewww lol. I took that after foot surgery and it made me so sick I threw most of them out. Every 'fun' thing makes me sick. Alcohol makes me sick, even half a beer will make me sick 2 days. I'm allergic to cigarettes and weed. The only buzz I can get is from caffiene and fasting.

#22 cherryblossompeach

cherryblossompeach

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:39 AM

ahhh tramadol. gotta love it and hate it. at one point i took a lot of tramadol and felt SICK, i was on the verge of throwing up. gagging essentially lol. i was downstairs in the kitçhen with my mum standing by the sink washing my hands for ages cause i felt like id throw up everywhere if i moved. luckily she went to the shop and i rushed to the toilet looool, didnt end up throwing up but gagged heavily. another fun story was when my bf and i decided to mix a shit ton of tramadol, codeine, morphine and god knows what else. lol. was fun, felt sick
🍒🐇°•♡~mento illness init luv~♡•°🐇🍒

#23 fruitjpg

fruitjpg

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:21 PM

yup omg i actually just downed 15g of kratom bc i have no xanax or focalin rn. opiates are my fav forever but i haven’t tasted real opiates in about 2years. i used to do sooo much morphine and diluadid and norco :( xanax and focalin both reduce my appetite but tbh kratom/opiates always works the best for me. it gives me the energy that stimulants would but also the anti anxiety effects that Xanax also gives me. cheers!

HW: 159lbs LW: 82lbs CW: 105lbs GW: 90lbs

#24 journeyerr

journeyerr

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:23 PM

since one of this things i get out of this website is support and harm reduction i want to chime in here

addiction is NOT a good alternative to binging, and taking so much opioid you fall asleep and stop caring about food is a fast way to cause a lot of other problems in your life

as a nurse i see a lot of patients who start off with a script from their doc, get other benefits from the meds (either lower anxiety or they can cure insomnia are most common). if you don't get off it soon it's easy to spiral into buying dope off the street and even using IV drugs. would ONLY recommend tramadol if your doc prescribes it. the opioid epidemic is fucking real and it is fucking ugly. literally try anything else to keep your mind off food.

i want to also support people with chronic pain who take this med for legit reasons. pain is no joke and i don't want to insinuate that everyone who is prescribed this med will end up an addict. but please know that most addicts start off by being prescribed this or a similar med.

<3 <3 <3 <3

stay strong with your diet and use ANY OTHER WAY to distract yourself from eating

• FantasticHamplanet likes this

#25 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

I have severe migraines, and finally agreed to opioids to mitigate them. It took my neuro team over two years to convince me to do this. They work great for suppressing appetite, but the addiction potential is so high it's ridiculous.

I just crushed two and ate them, swallowed straight with Bubly, and it was...really gross. I'm too high to eat, but not tired enough to sleep. But the migraine isn't hurting as much.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

#26 cocainemodel

cocainemodel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1013 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

I love tramadol lol

#27 Kaybug150

Kaybug150

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1973 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:11 PM

Some of my family members pop that crap like cocktail peanuts.   :P

I have before - I will again.

The scale doesn't lie - people do

HW: 123

LW: 99

CW: 116

GW1: 105

GW2: 99

UGW: 95 / 88

​There's a room inside your gut

​Close the door and keep it shut

​Let no daylight enter in

And the punishment begin

Emptiness is pure. Starvation is the cure.

#28 skinnydisgrace

skinnydisgrace

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:04 PM

I'm prescribed tramadol for chronic pain and I generally take it for that but I'd be lying if I didn't take advantage of/enjoy the side effect of appetite loss. It's gotten a little less effective as I've built up a tolerance but it's still there.

The one crappy thing is it can really make my stomach upset (all opioids do for me) if I take it on an empty stomach. I can't just eat a cracker either, it has to be a decent amount of food or I'll vomit. Which would be fine if it didn't meant the tramadol was coming up too lol.

Anyway I usually have a few rice cakes and maybe a sugar free jello and then take the tramadol. It's definitely a bummer that I've ended up in this kind of mindset/behavior but what are you gonna do :/

♀ 
5'2"
22 y/o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users