Tramadol? - Page 2 - Other recognized eating disorders - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Tramadol?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 FantasticHamplanet

FantasticHamplanet

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:32 PM

No offense but ewww lol. I took that after foot surgery and it made me so sick I threw most of them out. Every 'fun' thing makes me sick. Alcohol makes me sick, even half a beer will make me sick 2 days. I'm allergic to cigarettes and weed. The only buzz I can get is from caffiene and fasting.

#22 cherryblossompeach

cherryblossompeach

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:39 AM

ahhh tramadol. gotta love it and hate it. at one point i took a lot of tramadol and felt SICK, i was on the verge of throwing up. gagging essentially lol. i was downstairs in the kitçhen with my mum standing by the sink washing my hands for ages cause i felt like id throw up everywhere if i moved. luckily she went to the shop and i rushed to the toilet looool, didnt end up throwing up but gagged heavily. another fun story was when my bf and i decided to mix a shit ton of tramadol, codeine, morphine and god knows what else. lol. was fun, felt sick
🍒🐇°•♡~mento illness init luv~♡•°🐇🍒

#23 fruitjpg

fruitjpg

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:21 PM

yup omg i actually just downed 15g of kratom bc i have no xanax or focalin rn. opiates are my fav forever but i haven’t tasted real opiates in about 2years. i used to do sooo much morphine and diluadid and norco :( xanax and focalin both reduce my appetite but tbh kratom/opiates always works the best for me. it gives me the energy that stimulants would but also the anti anxiety effects that Xanax also gives me. cheers!

HW: 159lbs LW: 82lbs CW: 105lbs GW: 90lbs

#24 journeyerr

journeyerr

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1297 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:23 PM

since one of this things i get out of this website is support and harm reduction i want to chime in here

addiction is NOT a good alternative to binging, and taking so much opioid you fall asleep and stop caring about food is a fast way to cause a lot of other problems in your life

as a nurse i see a lot of patients who start off with a script from their doc, get other benefits from the meds (either lower anxiety or they can cure insomnia are most common). if you don't get off it soon it's easy to spiral into buying dope off the street and even using IV drugs. would ONLY recommend tramadol if your doc prescribes it. the opioid epidemic is fucking real and it is fucking ugly. literally try anything else to keep your mind off food.

i want to also support people with chronic pain who take this med for legit reasons. pain is no joke and i don't want to insinuate that everyone who is prescribed this med will end up an addict. but please know that most addicts start off by being prescribed this or a similar med.

<3 <3 <3 <3

stay strong with your diet and use ANY OTHER WAY to distract yourself from eating

• noturprincess, eingeschneit and FantasticHamplanet like this

#25 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2606 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

I have severe migraines, and finally agreed to opioids to mitigate them. It took my neuro team over two years to convince me to do this. They work great for suppressing appetite, but the addiction potential is so high it's ridiculous.

I just crushed two and ate them, swallowed straight with Bubly, and it was...really gross. I'm too high to eat, but not tired enough to sleep. But the migraine isn't hurting as much.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

#26 cocainemodel

cocainemodel

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

I love tramadol lol

• R4DF3M likes this

#27 Kaybug150

Kaybug150

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2659 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:11 PM

Some of my family members pop that crap like cocktail peanuts.   :P

I have before - I will again.

The scale doesn't lie - people do

HW: 123

LW: 99

CW: 120

GW1: 110

GW2: 105

GW3: 99

GW4: 95

UGW: 88 / 85

​There's a room inside your gut

​Close the door and keep it shut

​Let no daylight enter in

And the punishment begin

Emptiness is pure. Starvation is the cure.

#28 skinnydisgrace

skinnydisgrace

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:04 PM

I'm prescribed tramadol for chronic pain and I generally take it for that but I'd be lying if I didn't take advantage of/enjoy the side effect of appetite loss. It's gotten a little less effective as I've built up a tolerance but it's still there.

The one crappy thing is it can really make my stomach upset (all opioids do for me) if I take it on an empty stomach. I can't just eat a cracker either, it has to be a decent amount of food or I'll vomit. Which would be fine if it didn't meant the tramadol was coming up too lol.

Anyway I usually have a few rice cakes and maybe a sugar free jello and then take the tramadol. It's definitely a bummer that I've ended up in this kind of mindset/behavior but what are you gonna do :/

♀ 
5'2"
22 y/o

#29 flesh flower

flesh flower

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Locationthistle fields

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:33 AM

I recently recovered from a very bad addiction to Tramadol, the second time in my life lol. 
DO NOT STOP ALL AT ONCE!! The withdrawal is the fucking worst, it's like withdrawal from heroin.

• NLP likes this

p l e a s e   b e   g e n t l e .

mayqueen_2.jpg

#30 honey444

honey444

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Locationireland

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:41 PM

i hated tramadol i don't even remember what it was like, i just vaguely remember absolutely hating it for the month i was on it last yr, but i take cocodamol (a lot more than is safe tbh) and it usually causes me to binge because i lose all rational thinking and it's like the equivalent of drunk eating for me 

BtRDjf5.png

5'2

HW: 150

CW: 128

UGW: 90

#31 PTSDead

PTSDead

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:02 AM

i tried tramadol after surgery i noticed it didnt make me hungry which was nice but the drug itself didnt feel very interesting so i wasnt worried about getting more when it ran out other than the fact that i was still in pain but whatever. if you want to stop hard drug id suggest cannabis depending on weather you have legal dispensaries in your area you can research the strain to see weather or not it will give a hungry affect. typically a sativa strain wont give you the munchies but it all comes down to the strain and terpene profile. obvi no drug is good for you but it can help people with opioid addictions. another option you have is kratom which in the us is legal not sure about all the states but anyway it gives a more energizing affect and is known to lessen apatite but kratom is a more addictive substance than cannabis and has actual withdrawal symptoms like nausea and sweats while cannabis withdrawal is like nicotine withdrawal so it makes you more irritable 

SW 188 lbs (85.27kg)

CW 124.8 lbs (56.6kg)

LW 123 lbs (55.79kg)

GW 120 lbs (54.43kg)

UGW 100 lbs (45.35kg)

#32 R4DF3M

R4DF3M

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:35 AM

lol love how this old thread got revived. 

I love tram. I don't experience nausea at all on it. it just... mmm. yes pls

doesn't help me with hunger tho, not at all, but I guess it's out of the question at this point since this thread is so old 

accountability https://www.myproana...0kg-ugw-55kg-»/  :wub:

GW1: 70kg HIT 2/4/21

GW2: 60kg (BMI: 18.5)

UGW: 55kg (BMI: 17,0)

#33 Prettylittleliar98xx

Prettylittleliar98xx

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:34 AM

Not opiates but substances certainly, not usually with the sole intention of appetite suppression but it can often be attractive factor. It’s a great way to not be tempted by the after the club food, nobody wants to go McDonald’s after md or coke. Ritalin/concerta help generally eat less throughout the day and boosts your productivity too. It honestly scares me so much when I associate any substances with ED stuff though, I don’t have much of an addictive personality but I can see some horrific ramifications of introducing into ED behaviours.

#34 jelleee

jelleee

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:28 AM

can one 50 mg pill have the effects of the euphoria and appetite suppressing?? I'm not asking for tips or whatever, my mom just got them prescribed and her appetite isn't coming back even after anti nausea medication so I'm wondering if just one of them could be the reason. 

sw:120lb | hw: 125lb | lw: 90lb | cw: i don't even know my scale doesn't work

gw: 88lb |ugw: 85lb 

#35 coldthin

coldthin

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3085 posts
  • LocationThe secret Tenth Circle of Hell ( Walmart )

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:19 AM

I would advice against taking Tramadol  for pretty much anyone, unless you absolutely need to for medical reasons. On top of being an opoid, it's a serotonin reuptake inhibitor  so if you get withdrawls you basicly get two different withdrawls at the same time.

gallery_603345_69913_311266.gif

they / them  or  he / him

I think I'm pretty smart but then again I'm also an absolute fool so you'll never know which version you get to see

my thread  ^u^

Spoiler

stats under spoiler

gallery_603345_69913_2247.png

#36 BonNuit

BonNuit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNE Ohio

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:57 PM

I am so glad I read this.  I had no idea that tramadol was addictive.  

I have never taken it, and was just prescribed this for migraines.  

Into the rubbish bin they go.

• noturprincess likes this

#37 noturprincess

noturprincess

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:22 PM

I am so glad I read this.  I had no idea that tramadol was addictive.  

I have never taken it, and was just prescribed this for migraines.  

Into the rubbish bin they go.

I'm glad to hear this thread helped SOMEONE albeit 2 years later lol. But yes! a lot of doctors will write scripts for it like it's candy and try to tell you it's no more harmful than ibuprofen but don't believe. They were saying the same thing about oxies 10 years ago. It's nightmarish stuff to get off of and nobody will believe you're in withdrawal because it's "non-addictive". I believe individual brain chemistry may be responsible for people's varying responses and to some it really might be considered "safer" than valium per say but, to me, it was like it opened the floodgates of euphoria and I just couldn't get enough (it's pretty much an ssri mixed with an opioid-I found out much later that it's chemically similar to Effexor which I have also had cross-addiction problems with when taking. we are often really not informed of the potential side effects of the medication we are being given and then not believed when we start having problems. I am a biologist although not a neuroscientist so I sort of know what I'm talking about & I know how to read the literature myself-which ended up saving me ultimately) Maybe things have changed now though. This was a few years ago for me. I think there are plenty of non-opioid migraine medications available today so I would avoid tramadol at all costs. Also...it makes you loopy and tired which makes it pretty difficult to go about living your life like normal and if you're like me you might just fall into a pit of depression of constantly sleeping and waking up to step on the scale every day or two. Would not recommend.

• eingeschneit likes this

EDNOSOS 

#38 perfectly_insane

perfectly_insane

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:21 PM

DO NOT STOP ALL AT ONCE!! The withdrawal is the fucking worst

I second this with all my heart and soul!!!!!
I wasn't emotionally addicted but my body got addicted af. I'd been taking much more than you're supposed to be taking to be safe( and not, like, kill yourself by overdosing) for like 5 months because I had to undergo chemo and radiotherapy and I was in an extreme pain. They decided I can stop taking it all at once because the treatment was over and I'm 23 🤡🤡🤡. I know that damaged nerves, neuropathy and other side effects of treatment played its role in how hard the detox was but I'll still say this for a more healthy person: DON'T STOP ALL AT ONCE!!!
Medical marijuana/ CBD oil might be helpful when decreasing the dosage( there are types of medical marijuana that won't make you have munchies).
If you want sth that would help you not eat and would be safer ask your doctor for prozac
  • flesh flower likes this

#39 wrenoct

wrenoct

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:59 PM

tramadol has never done anything for me. it's a super weak, super synthetic opioid. never worked, good or bad, even when taking more than prescribed. never got withdrawal, either. I have been through some severe opioid withdrawal, like from heroin and methadone. but I dunno, tramadol is just... nothing to my body. I guess it never really synthesized well in my brain, or something.

5'5 | SW: 144.0 | CW: 125.2 | GW: 140/135/130/125/120/115/110/105/100 | UGW: 95 | LW: 85
Accountability
18.8 lbs lost | 30.2 lbs remaining

#40 mossedup

mossedup

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3519 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:00 AM

tramadol did nothing for me except to make me feel like super dehydrated and hangovery the next day :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users